Malicious Attacks on Websites

Community Issues

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R )

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm glad that bitch got banned
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:01 pm

I made a delicious breakfasts earlier. Is that going to get me banned pendy?
It depends on the moral climate. Let's see, it's Wed., so you should be fine.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:01 pm

Imma just curious as to what exactly you posted in the old gutter to get you banned.
Who?
Scumbag.
Oh I know what he said, but I will give him the pleasure of answering

There were a lot of things said that week, Nai was deleting the posts faster than they appeared

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Ya ever seen a thread go backwards? Scary stuff kids, scary stuff.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Allright, here are the deleted posts alongside the ones that weren't deleted, in chronological order.

If sorry for those who expected more juicy stuff, but these are pretty much boring. My banning for "Malicious actions against MTGS" made up for this in entertainment value though.
Posts that got me banned for malicious actions against websites
Originally posted by Scumbag on MTGS
Hey, one more retroactive infraction.
I'm in the Danger zone!
Suspended by tomorrow? y/y
Originally posted by Kijin on MTGS
???
I'm getting retroactively infracted like there is no tomorrow ever since I've stopped posting in CI
Originally posted by i_am_a_badman on MTGS
what the fuck
[
quote="Scumbag"]I'm getting retroactively infracted like there is no tomorrow ever since I've stopped posting in CI[/quote]
???
for?
lol I got infracted by a post where I was thanked by LogicX, Azrael, and Belgareth
Dear Scumbag,

You have received a infraction.

Reason: Flaming, Trolling or Other Forms of Misbehavior
-------
This is very blatant trolling. Please refrain from these kinds of posts - the trolling and the sarcasm need to go, or it will not be possible to have real discussions.

Thanks,
-Sene
-------

Original Post:
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?p=8802340
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic here.
I'm being serious as
I've seen it happen.

What would you think if you went to check a poll and there is one, two votes from users that you know are gimmick of suspended users? And what about thanking posts? What if you had witnessed suspended users thanking posts? Do you think this is fair? Would you condone such a blatant evasion of the terms of a suspension?

This is what i'm complaining about. Its a disruptive (not to mention antisocial) behavior that works against the community at large. As you know, I am one to typically ask for more clemency on the part of the staff, but I have to admit that on this case there has been too much leniency (since I have seen such a behavior continuously go unpunished here), and I hope there is a crackdown on this, in the shape of extended suspensions, or even bannings.
Infraction #1
Originally posted by mastergee on MTGS
Its a trap. They want you to come back to get the third one.
[quote1=Scumbag;
8815974]
This post is just trolling and sarcasm. If you want dialogue, be honest with your posts, be respectful, and keep the sarcasm down. This isn't the way to do it.

Furthermore, I'd like to request that you stop boasting about or encouraging other Gutter members to troll in Community Issues, or anywhere else on MtG Salvation. That's part of what the staff have had issues with the past, though until this episode, I'd say the Gutter hadn't been doing that much at all this year. Either way, it stops now.

Thanks,
-Sene
You are a bunch of idiots with a God complex
Infraction #2 with the reply I sent to Sene.[/quote1]
Its a trap. They want you to come back to get the third one.
No problem, its probably underway already
Originally posted by Gaeas Regent on MTGS
But you
won a victory over yourself!
The second is for my last post in Nai's helpdesk
But you won a victory over yourself!
Big Brother never sleeps
remember those days where it was assumed that you'd be allowed to post whatever you want without fear of repercussions?

Yeah, me neither
That's what you get when you have a corrupt administration in charge :shrug:
I mean.

You were trolling.

There was even a paper trail of you boasting about trolling.

So.

Self fulfilling prophecy, I guess.
In other news, word on the street says that there are big changes coming to this
site.
I mean.

You were trolling.

There was even a paper trail of you boasting about trolling.

So.

Self fulfilling prophecy, I guess.
Sure. No question there.

Its the old trolling to make a point, kcw style
Though saying the post is actionable because you were being sarcastic is hilariously unreasonable. Sarcasm, etc aren't against the rules. Though your team changing in the name of baiting other users I guess in some respect is.
I mean, they enact stupid rules, I post evidence of how these rules are stupid
Sure. No question there.

Its the old trolling to make a point, kcw style
KCW is banned.
Though saying the post is
actionable because you were being sarcastic is hilariously unreasonable. Sarcasm, etc aren't against the rules. Though your team changing in the name of baiting other users I guess in some respect is.
What if I left CI for good just after posting that? is it still baiting?
In other news, word on the street says that there are big changes coming to this site.
hope its going to be the site is going down
So as I was saying, there is a corporation called Curse, who is in negotiations with Hannes to buy this site.
They are very friendly with WOTC, and this is going to bring big changes to the Rumor Mill. We can only guess if unauthorized spoilers are still going to be allowed.
On the bright side, there will likely be a lot of special previews just
for this site.
It seems that otherwise they don't want to touch anything else, including this administration.
IDK. I think the issue there is that you're hyperbolically reversing your position for the sake of hyperbolically reversing your position.

I think if you'd done it without the fanfare or posting elsewhere you were doing it just to bait the usual CI defense force, but noting that they were doing a heel/face turn after the fact, and also didn't come here and be like "hey guise look what cool things you can do with your posts in CI" that any action on the staff's part in response to it would be grounded in abject insanity.

Basically, it was poor implementation of an idea that probably wouldn't otherwise be construed as offensive. After all, ER is the eternal devil's advocate and he's an admin; you playing devil's advocate and arguing for the position
opposite your held one is fully endorsed by the staff.
the gutter is dying then if a corp buys this place
So the promise on th table is not much things changing, except the rumor mill and the restored relationship with WOTC
like you're so close to having a case against the infraction, but then you did a bunch of extra stuff that shit over any defense against being hammered.
the gutter is dying then if a corp buys this place
helping.war
Originally posted by mastergee on MTGS
They are very friendly with WOTC, and this is going to bring big changes to the Rumor Mill. We can only guess if unauthorized spoilers are still going to be allowed.
If they're friendly with Wizards and we
end up with special previews, I can only imagine that unauthorized spoilers are the first thing to go.
IDK. I think the issue there is that you're hyperbolically reversing your position for the sake of hyperbolically reversing your position.

I think if you'd done it without the fanfare or posting elsewhere you were doing it just to bait the usual CI defense force, but noting that they were doing a heel/face turn after the fact, and also didn't come here and be like "hey guise look what cool things you can do with your posts in CI" that any action on the staff's part in response to it would be grounded in abject insanity.

Basically, it was poor implementation of an idea that probably wouldn't otherwise be construed as offensive. After all, ER is the eternal devil's advocate and he's an admin; you playing devil's advocate and arguing for the position opposite your held one is fully
endorsed by the staff.
Sarcasm is one of the only reasonable answers once you find out the the idiots which run this site have decided to ban users who thank posts/vote in polls whit gimmicks while suspended.
:shrug:
lemme download this thread one last time in memoriam
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (6 members and 0 guests)
Kijin, Scumbag, Arcadic, i_am_a_badman, mastergee, Talore

hahahahahaha
Well guys, see you around I guess. I have AIM, so you can ask my handle to kpaca and Kijin if you want to have a good chat.
Originally posted by Madding on MTGS
wtf are you all talking about
I never imagined I'd admit to this, but I think that even the tenure of extremeicon was better than this incarnation of the staff.[/quote1:
72jckgy2]
Originally posted by Talore on MTGS
Stop throwing yourself on a fucking crucifix...
btw, lemme share some info on how to download tbgte:

1) You need to put something that intercept cookies in your browser. For example I use Live HTTPheaders on mozilla.

2) You log out and then login to the site. If all goes well, you will have intercepted the cookies you sent for login.

FTR, mine looked like this:

3) you save this to cookies1.txt for example.

4) Now all you need is to download the thread. That's where it gets tricky. Since I'm on linux, I use wget, which is a wonderful tool. I don't know the equivalent in Windows and Mac though.

This is my wget script anyway:

Code: Select all

INI=1 FIN=2034 for (( i = ${INI}; i <= ${FIN}; i++ )) do `wget -nc -p -L -E -k -U "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)& quot; --load-cookies=cookies1.txt --keep-session-cookies "http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=17710&page=$i"` done
where you replace the number after FIN with the actual page of tbgte.

That's it, you have 800MB of files
Once you have the script, you can obviously set up a cron job in linux, or something else, who downloads the thread at regular intervals.
Originally posted by Nai on MTGS
Okay guys, I didn't want to have to step into this thread at any point and violate your privacy. But this one's rather important.

I'm not sure how this information got out, as we didn't want to release it until we had information. This sale is very much up in the air and we're not 100% sure anything is going through. As such, we need this information to stay secret until we actually know something. Telling people that this site is going to be bought out
when we don't know the details could cause a lot of issues and start people asking questions we don't know the answer to.

Whoever heard of this first needs to let us know who actually gave you this information. We need to make sure that no one's posting it until we actually have confirmation that this is going to happen.

Because there's been so many leaks from so many levels recently, the admins need to make it clear that discussing the potential sale is verboten until we actually have full information. I don't like having to put it this way, but talking about it will be an infractable offense until we can actually make an official announcement.

MTGNews is still very fresh in the mind of many people on 'Salvation. We want to be able to specifically say what is and isn't going to happen if 'Salvation is purchased when we make the official announcement. Please work with us, guys. This could be awesome for us, but we need to make sure it's happening before we start
discussing it.
Originally posted by Talore on MTGS
All dat red text
Originally posted by PhantomS on MTGS
Okay guys, I didn't want to have to step into this thread at any point and violate your privacy. But this one's rather important.

I'm not sure how this information got out, as we didn't want to release it until we had information. This sale is very much up in the air and we're not 100% sure anything is going through. As such, we need this information to stay secret until we actually know something. Telling people that this site is going to be bought out when we don't know the details could cause a lot of issues and start people asking questions we don't know the answer to.

Whoever heard of this first needs to let us know who actually gave you this information. We need to make sure that no one's posting it until we actually have confirmation that this is going to happen.

nBecause there's been so many leaks from so many levels recently, the admins need to make it clear that discussing the potential sale is verboten until we actually have full information. I don't like having to put it this way, but talking about it will be an infractable offense until we can actually make an official announcement.

MTGNews is still very fresh in the mind of many people on 'Salvation. We want to be able to specifically say what is and isn't going to happen if 'Salvation is purchased when we make the official announcement. Please work with us, guys. This could be awesome for us, but we need to make sure it's happening before we start discussing it.
I heard about it from you.
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:12 pm

Where's that GR image macro?
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:16 pm

I say ban all mods from mtgsilly and make them reregister with gimmicks

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Here we go:

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:41 pm

So as I was saying, there is a corporation called Curse, who is in negotiations with Hannes to buy this site.

They are very friendly with WOTC, and this is going to bring big changes to the Rumor Mill. We can only guess if unauthorized spoilers are still going to be allowed

On the bright side, there will likely be a lot of special previews just for this site

It seems that otherwise they don't want to touch anything else, including this administration.

AND THAT IS WHAT GOT YOU BANNED ?

AND YOU ALSO DID NOT COME BACK UNDER A GIMMICK AND POST IT IN CI.

FUCKING CHRIST.

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:48 pm

To be fair me madding and kijin and kpaca all made threafs about it in different forums mainly ci and the rumor mill

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Yeah...................40 odd days later.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Actually part of what I posted was factually incorrect.

Up to now they did not fix the relationship with WOTC (Although I guess that might still change)

The "they don't want to touch anything else" was also incorrect, since we now know that the plan was to shut down the Gutter all along, and that the Pegging-Chamber was just the staff stalling long enough to get the guttermods and other regulars evicted through suspensions and bannings.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:05 pm

I should have restricted myself to try to hack MTGS database, since it is more acceptable and less malicious than making some posts in the Gutter about how were were going to get lynched.

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Actually part of what I posted was factually incorrect.

Up to now they did not fix the relationship with WOTC (Although I guess that might still change)

The "they don't want to touch anything else" was also incorrect, since we now know that the plan was to shut down the Gutter all along, and that the Pegging-Chamber was just the staff stalling long enough to get the guttermods and other regulars evicted through suspensions and bannings.
Which is cowardly considering all it would have taken is an announcement something akin to:

"Hey guys, we're trying to take the site in a different direction, and as such we need to try and shy away from the type of activity that has been previously acceptable here. Sorry if that's going to
make a lot of you homeless, but unfortunately it's something that we have to do in order to go where we want to go."

I get the feeling that this would have saved a whole lot of needless aggression on both sides.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:22 pm

Man, that's what I have been saying for this whole year.

If they had been FUCKING HONEST, told us that the Gutter wouldn't fly under the new ownership, and handled us the forum SQL database, we would have been a little miffed for sure, but we would have just organized the exodus in a calm and orderly manner.

Instead they chose to have a fake agreement thread to run for half a year, in which they would make new demands every time we were reaching close to an agreement, and harassing and suspending the guttermods at the same time for voting in polls and thanking posts while suspended, and mentioning a joke that a suspended user told you in AIM (considered as posting on behalfa suspended user).

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:24 pm

Like we don't like this level of agresssion, but since they chose to blatantly lie, harass and disrespect people, people have been fighting back and they got what they deserved. Its not like we like all this level of agression, but we are not available for just taking hits without responding in kind.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:24 pm

And also hey, for as "Scummy" as we may be, no staff member (or regular member) of this site has ever tried to hack MTGS. The opposite can't be said though.

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:27 pm

That would have been way too easy. Why not convolute things?

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:35 pm

Oooooh yeah, that skin infection. Lolololol

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:36 pm

And also hey, for as "Scummy" as we may be, no staff member (or regular member) of this site has ever tried to hack MTGS. The opposite can't be said though.
We're clearly terrorists.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Perfectly rational and logical.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:45 pm

vote change award name to The Scummies

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:48 pm

They deleted my post in the watchdog thread.

I think this Feyd_ruin hacking other community websites would be a great time to bust out the tribunal. But last we heard from Sene they are still discussing it.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:51 pm

vote change award name to The Scummies
+1
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Like you know I could have half understood the banning if Scumbag posted what he did in CI and caused a shitstorm. But the only place he posted it was the Gutter and then he didnt come back under a gimmick to post it in CI either.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:54 pm

They deleted my post in the watchdog thread.

I think this Feyd_ruin hacking other community websites would be a great time to bust out the tribunal. But last we heard from Sene they are still discussing it.
Srsly, srsly guys, srsly, where the hell is that giant rolling rofl smiley that crushes peasants as it rolls?

It's too late for a watchdog group and everyone knows it. :mad:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Find it on the net and in the smileys database it goes.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:08 pm

I've been looking! I've found a couple of giant rofls, but usually they look like ass and I still havent' found one crushing peasants!

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Maybe we should go raid goodgamery and force them to make us one?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:14 pm

is it this?
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:16 pm

Not quite but that one's awesome!

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Hi guest.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:36 pm

iirc Your FoS Clan exodus drama had the same connotations right?

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:36 pm

iirc Your FoS Clan exodus drama had the same connotations right?
I mean, yes and no.

In all honesty they had more reasons to get rid of us than they did to get rid of you guys. Despite the fact that we were contributing to the site en masse, it came at the cost of us pretty much freely saying whatever we wanted, and we often did just that. Eventually we just got tired of answering the same stupid questions every day and would resort to things like "This is common knowledge by now." The fatigue
turned into what resembled rude remarks and while we had good intentions, there are only so many morons you can deal with until you just stop giving real responses.

A lot of our constructive back-and-fourth here also looks heated, but at the end of the day that heated discussion produces results and no feelings are hurt because we aren't a bunch of carebears. Carebears are the demographic that is protected by the iridium ruleset, so clearly we just weren't meant to be there.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:30 am

Yeah, but there was a time when when the bears could live in harmony with the wolves. Ah, but it was sad to see that go, watch them start clear-cutting to make way for more parking lots.... ah well. Forgive an old druid.

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:16 am

Maybe we should go raid goodgamery and force them to make us one?

>>gg

>>doing anything other then circlejerking each other and posting dead mt memes

Jesus
Newcomer

Postby Jesus » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:36 am

ohhhhhhh.
that's what all this "Feyd is hacking the forums" stuff is about.
I thought you all were just being quirky.

That's not a hacking attempt.
Firefox has an addon for sql injection testing.
It's a very useful tool when trying to make sure you've properly sanitized all inputs.
It doesn't do anything malicious, it just runs in the bg and does a simple test.

Feyd, as shocking as it can be, can sometimes be an idiot, and forgot to turn it off before he went to a regular page.
Hence, the fact that there are a couple of random "injections" that do nothing but return a sysObjects select.
[I'm sure if someone was so inclined, they could search the addon code for the exact sql select you read there.]

Feyd apologizes if it scared you.
No harm intended, just the effects of an absent mind.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:39 am

clever girl

Jesus
Newcomer

Postby Jesus » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:45 am

seriously guys. I don't know why you didn't just go to Feyd and ask.
can anyone here name a single thing that Feyd has personally done to harm anyone here?

If Feyd did hax the interwebs and get the admin powers... he'd just make the room with a moose again and put some people in it. for the lolz.
Last edited by Jesus on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jesus
Newcomer

Postby Jesus » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:48 am

oh and no, Feyd never applied to be a curse technician.
Feyd applied to be a technician before curse took over, to help hannes out, so he wouldn't have to sell.
(this was before Feyd knew the curse deal was done)

Return to “Speak Your Mind”