Moral corruption and malicious attacks - the soap opera

Community Issues

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R )

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:19 pm

(Onar apparently was among the uninformed. No worries Onar.)
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:33 pm

Ria is a mod lounge consultant to avoid retalitory attacks?

I dont think thats the reason hes a consultsnt but im sure its an added bonus now that he cant be openly questioned.
Ria was their tech for years , he knows all their codes , and if got mad , it would been easy to bring site down.
Strike 2.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:36 pm

Threat Level Ria

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:51 pm

To this day it would be a great surprise to the Salvation community (including 95% of the moderators) to discover how little power the administrators and technicians had during Hannes' reign, down to even the smallest configuring capabilities that the software allows. It was the first thing I looked at when I became a moderator, and it was quite amusing to me. Administrators came and went without ever having much more access than a normal moderator. Why do you think they always kept Annorax around? :lol:

Hopefully Boubs has distributed the proper channels to his Curse people.
It was even funnier if you happened to own a copy of VBulletin. The sheer level
of add-ons that were openly available, even third-party open source, makes the functions that were allowed truly minimal. The line we were fed that the thank-you feature couldn't be implemented due to whatever technicality was pure bunk, for instance. Non-invasive versions for all levels of VB have been available since 2004 or so... they even have an entire subforum dedicated to such minor upgrades on the VB main site.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:57 pm

I like how the username change thread says its difficult to change your name if it isn't simple. This is pretty much not the case.

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:12 am

i never got to work with you, tri.

i think we would have been chums.
Considering I left both times for personal reasons (GF at the time and wanting to spend more time which ended up being a big fucking waste) Most of my complaints came way later.
I just shit post and get blocked on the twatters

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:35 am

*joke about deleting posts*

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:46 am

i am bender, please insert girder

kingcobweb
Newcomer

Postby kingcobweb » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:22 am

Insert non-laugh here.
admins replace every harkius post with this

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:32 am

Okay, let's get transparent here. If you're going to try to hang out dirty laundry, I'm going to do it too.

CorpT, you were specifically asked to take part in the mod-only thread that you have access to instead of only lurking and reporting posts. You were making people feel uncomfortable with your presence because they felt you were spying on them. Instead of taking this to heart and joining a community ready to welcome you, you left because we didn't want you reporting posts you didn't like.

Fahey, you've been bringing up Teia in threads where she doesn't even belong. The upper staff has noticed it, and it's been an ongoing problem. We decided to ask you to stop doing this, as bringing her up in threads where she's a tangent at best is harassment. It isn't something I'd allow to be done to you, and it's not something the staff is going to accept being done to one of the mods here. Not only did
you laugh this off elsewhere, you then proceeded to do exactly what you were asked not to do. Furthermore, the suspension you got for violating that mod request was actually more lenient than you should have gotten. You have no room to complain.

Harkius, you're the one that upsets me the most. Mainly because you actually got your request granted, even though it was against our wishes. Deleting your posts throughout the site will actually cause threads to become unreadable in certain cases. Original posts of threads will vanish. Things people replied to suddenly aren't there. But you got permission anyways, after some time (and in this case an ownership change). We asked that you leave CI alone because we actually refer back to posts to get information. Things like Gloves, for example.

If you three want to do better for this site, then be constructive. Don't complain constantly. CorpT, you want to bring up a problem you have with mods? You were invited to step in and talk. So do it, don't angst
because they don't want you to act the spy. Fahey, you have a problem with a mod? Bring it up to them directly. Or an admin directly. And understand that if you get overruled, that's it. End of story. You don't get to go on a crusade. And Harkius? You were asked a very small concession on your request. We made our compromise. You need to accept that, since it's a lot more than we wanted to do.

Your feedback is welcomed and accepted, and we act on it. But acting like a spoiled child not getting their way is not the way to help out. There are times when you don't get your way. Or times when something you suggest gets put on the backburner because more important things come up. Or times when your suggestion is simply not the best choice at the time. You need to understand and accept this, because this endless series of complaints here simply gets people to ignore you and no longer be willing to work with you. It doesn't suddenly get attention.

At the end of the day, how you bring up your grievances
is going to decide exactly how seriously people take you; if you're pleasant and willing to talk, I'm going to be willing to talk to you, work with you, and try to find a way to make us all happy with an improved 'Salvation. If you decide to be a jerk, to harass people, to make unreasonable demands and then decide to rant publicly if you don't get your way, you're simply not going to be taken seriously and the staff will turn to the next person who's willing to be civilized.
If you look at this exhibit children you will see an administrator trying to admonish the CI Warriors once considered "staff sponsored" that have now broken free and are terrorizing the island. Ever see Jurassic Park?

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:41 am

Clever girl.

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:42 am

Without the gutter, the predators on the island seek new prey.

(and the predators are not the CI warriors btw)

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:44 am

wait who wrote that message? i can't tell anymore since all their speech gradually blended in commas and big diction in their continuous drive for politically correct doubletalk

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:45 am

Nai, quote function is too fucked to let me add his name. :/

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:47 am

Transparent laundry?

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:47 am

Clever girl.
Just going to say that this has given me the loudest laugh yet on this website, congratulations. I had to explain myself to my girlfriend in the next room over. :smileup:

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:50 am

nai is saying that they've referred back to the 'gloves' thread for information?

:sherlock:

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:51 am

Insert non-laugh here.
admins replace every harkius post with this
Go on...

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:53 am

Maybe they needed to refer back to Harkius posts to remember which stuff to never bring up again.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:55 am

Seriously though, curse should just delete every post and start over

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:56 am

Seriously though, curse should just delete every post and start over
In four posts your post count will be the year Yanni was born

ExarionUniverse1
Tire Aficionado

Postby ExarionUniverse1 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:41 am

Ria is a mod lounge consultant to avoid retalitory attacks?

I dont think thats the reason hes a consultsnt but im sure its an added bonus now that he cant be openly questioned.
Ria was their tech for years , he knows all their codes , and if got mad , it would been easy to bring site down.
Inaccurate.

He was tech for the amount of time that went by between the First MTGS
Summit™ and the time where he quit being a tech because uber-troll Hannes never gave him any tech powers. He knows all the codes alright... about how to upload smileys, create Speakeasies and lock down subforums.
with all due respect : Does the username Special Ed ring a bell?

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:15 am

With all due respect, youre getting your information from jdski. Jdski had access. Ria didnt because of jdski.

With all due respext onar, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:17 am

With all due respect, youre getting your information from jdski. Jdski had access. Ria didnt because of jdski.

With all due respext onar, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT
This is all true
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:31 am

Okay, let's get transparent here. If you're going to try to hang out dirty laundry, I'm going to do it too.

CorpT, you were specifically asked to take part in the mod-only thread that you have access to instead of only lurking and reporting posts. You were making people feel uncomfortable with your presence because they felt you were spying on them. Instead of taking this to heart and joining a community ready to welcome you, you left because we didn't want you reporting posts you didn't like.

Fahey, you've been bringing up Teia in threads where she doesn't even belong. The upper staff has noticed it, and it's been an ongoing problem. We decided to ask you to stop doing this, as bringing her up in threads where she's a tangent at
best is harassment. It isn't something I'd allow to be done to you, and it's not something the staff is going to accept being done to one of the mods here. Not only did you laugh this off elsewhere, you then proceeded to do exactly what you were asked not to do. Furthermore, the suspension you got for violating that mod request was actually more lenient than you should have gotten. You have no room to complain.

Harkius, you're the one that upsets me the most. Mainly because you actually got your request granted, even though it was against our wishes. Deleting your posts throughout the site will actually cause threads to become unreadable in certain cases. Original posts of threads will vanish. Things people replied to suddenly aren't there. But you got permission anyways, after some time (and in this case an ownership change). We asked that you leave CI alone because we actually refer back to posts to get information. Things like Gloves, for example.

If you three want to do better for this site,
then be constructive. Don't complain constantly. CorpT, you want to bring up a problem you have with mods? You were invited to step in and talk. So do it, don't angst because they don't want you to act the spy. Fahey, you have a problem with a mod? Bring it up to them directly. Or an admin directly. And understand that if you get overruled, that's it. End of story. You don't get to go on a crusade. And Harkius? You were asked a very small concession on your request. We made our compromise. You need to accept that, since it's a lot more than we wanted to do.

Your feedback is welcomed and accepted, and we act on it. But acting like a spoiled child not getting their way is not the way to help out. There are times when you don't get your way. Or times when something you suggest gets put on the backburner because more important things come up. Or times when your suggestion is simply not the best choice at the time. You need to understand and accept this, because this endless series of complaints here
simply gets people to ignore you and no longer be willing to work with you. It doesn't suddenly get attention.

At the end of the day, how you bring up your grievances is going to decide exactly how seriously people take you; if you're pleasant and willing to talk, I'm going to be willing to talk to you, work with you, and try to find a way to make us all happy with an improved 'Salvation. If you decide to be a jerk, to harass people, to make unreasonable demands and then decide to rant publicly if you don't get your way, you're simply not going to be taken seriously and the staff will turn to the next person who's willing to be civilized.
If you look at this exhibit children you will see an administrator trying to admonish the CI Warriors once considered "staff sponsored" that have now broken free and are terrorizing the island. Ever see Jurassic Park?
Remember that time I got removed from staff for likening users to children?

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:33 am

'Course, Ria did quite a bit of fiddling where he could... some of the stuff was questionable and not all of us missed the coincidences, but that's not nearly the same as what you're suggesting, EU1. I'm the one who tried to suggest code breaking wasn't the taboo people here seem to think it is and even I don't think your claims hold weight. :S

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:33 am

with all due respect : Does the username Special Ed ring a bell?
STRIKE THREE TRILLFAM! tell her what she's won!

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:34 am

hey i'm just kidding the only thing strikes get you are expired coupons to sizzler

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:38 am

hey i'm just kidding the only thing strikes get you are expired coupons to sizzler
Strike three, said Fahey to Onar, in a booth at Sizzler.

ExarionUniverse1
Tire Aficionado

Postby ExarionUniverse1 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:23 am

so guys do know Special ED.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:29 am

:no:

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:43 am

had a nice discussion about sally's supposed professionalism with kpaca and what I concluded is that calling people kids is still more professional than the furries and bronies on staff
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:43 am

it was BS thrills

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:52 am

You should share this conversation.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:20 am

so guys do know Special ED.
Are you even reading my posts anymore?

SPECIAL ED IS JDSKI WE KNOW OF HIM THANK YOU FOR NOT LISTENING ONAR HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:32 am

but know spec ed

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:56 am

hapy birth ona
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:17 am

You should share this conversation.
What I'm saying is that that if you want to relay that 100% profession environment you cannot have things like bronies and furries but not kijin calling a neckbeard a child.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:19 am

To be fair I don't believe Nai ever held too much stock in a polished professional atmosphere.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:46 pm

And that adds more to my argument, you cannot de mod kijin for what happened

Return to “Speak Your Mind”