Closure of the Gutter/Bannings at MTGS: A personal outlook

Community Issues

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R )

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:29 pm

Maybe that you got infracted and Voldemort got warned?
That makes sense (user history/previous warnings/infracts). What doesn't is the double infraction. That's just dumb.
This is how the get rid of "problems" Quicker. Sad that this type of moderation has been used from years ago. Some things never change.
I just shit post and get blocked on the twatters

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:41 pm

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthre ... ost9250860

Expect possible influx of members to this site soon.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:46 pm

Its OK, this is no secret forum. We were still expecting to move to a better location, but we are happy to interact and discuss with whoever is interested on this issue.

I think its a good thing actually, we could have already went live. Looking forward to receive more people and give them a nice place to hang around :)

Hopefully they will like it!

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Wish this all lots of luck considering everything. I think the open mind mentality this was done on the best way.
I just shit post and get blocked on the twatters

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:59 pm

I would like to publicly state that I don't have nearly as much free time to dedicate to people that don't actually matter in my life as Harkius has gone on record to state that I do "factually."

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:07 pm

Just curious, how many posts did TBGTE get up to ?

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:31 pm

almost 89K
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:09 pm

would have made it to 90 if I didn't get banned for a bullshit reason :mad:

Glimyrpost
Newcomer

Postby Glimyrpost » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:52 am

would have made it to 90 if I didn't get banned for a bullshit reason :mad:
Or the thread up and closed in a hidden away manner.

Also, what does TBGTE stand for anyway?

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:15 am

The Biggest Gutter Thread Ever (TM)
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:55 am

I imagine all hell broke loose in there when Kpaca got banned, no ?

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:16 pm

I've got my eye on you.
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:30 pm

It wasnt me.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:02 pm

gutter members dropped like flies, banning after banning, and to everyone's surprise and dismay, there weren't enough good/regular posters left there and the subforum died/was zombified

:shrug:

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:18 pm

tldr my bad.

jonnyjonski
In need of elder care

Postby jonnyjonski » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:43 pm

There's nothing to read on that site right now. Very little movement in CI, the zombie gutter is slowing and everything else just plain sucks!
HHRRRrrmmmmmmmm.....

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:15 am

gutter members dropped like flies, banning after banning, and to everyone's surprise and dismay, there weren't enough good/regular posters left there and the subforum died/was zombified

:shrug:
This, but I'll add that some of us are still trying to reach 100,000 posts. :toot:
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:16 pm

Btw, the ethnic cleansing of the old gutter at MTGS is still going in full force: 7 historic gutter members (including the whole gutterstaff) banned from MTGS and counting! :bravo:

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Surging Chaos, et al: does it make you feel like a big strong man to shout at people publicly where you have no fear of reprisal or retaliation for your actions? Does it seem like a contradiction to attack a subforum for having the capability to do the same while doing the same things you lamented at a corpse? If the Gutter has one legacy to give MTGS it's that the people who despise the Gutter are just as guilty of perpetuating the culture people wanted the Gutter closed over.

FaheyUSMC
Rancor'd to Hell and Back

Postby FaheyUSMC » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:24 pm

I'll add my two cents here and make it quick, because I have a tournament to attend.

I firmly believe that as of late, the "leak" that has been coming out has been intentional from at least one global moderator's/admin's perspective. The person is trying to goad people into acting before thinking, and they are intentionally attempting to cause dramabombs to occur where none should have. As I stated originally with regards to the leak I received, the context wasn't there, it was just stuff that would have pissed me off and they knew it. However, I Didn't post the information right away, and I was very careful in everything I did. In short, I didn't play into their hands, and that's why all of a suddent, that gimmick account had been deleted.

I don't think the entirety of the staff is incompetent or anything remotely close to that. I do think there are a lot of bad apples - Teai Rabishu, Talore, and
ExpiredRascals among them. I will say that I consider ER the likely source of this drama, mainly going by the times I checked that corresponded between the leak I got and his activity times. Of course, I'm also basing this off the fact I don't trust him as far as I can throw him and think he's a two-timing bitch who really should not be an admin, but what you gonna' do?

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:35 pm

That's a good question, what are you going to do?

FaheyUSMC

Postby FaheyUSMC » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:07 pm

I don't believe it's possible to do so. Teia, from everything I have heard, is an insufferable little shit incapable of accepting that people have differing opinions, and he gets super-duper upset when someone says that he is a retard. The mods have had to deal with his militant attitude towards everything and from what I understand, at least one admin has become fed up with him.

Notice I said "him" that entire time.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:13 pm

I don't believe it's possible to do so. Teia, from everything I have heard, is an insufferable little shit incapable of accepting that people have differing opinions, and he gets super-duper upset when someone says that he is a retard. The mods have had to deal with his militant attitude towards everything and from what I understand, at least one admin has become fed up with him.

Notice I said "him" that entire time.

Source or it didnt happen.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:24 am

Senori, E_R, and Teia are all bad mods.

E_R's only in his position because of Rianalnn.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:05 am

I'll add my two cents here and make it quick, because I have a tournament to attend.

I firmly believe that as of late, the "leak" that has been coming out has been intentional from at least one global moderator's/admin's perspective. The person is trying to goad people into acting before thinking, and they are intentionally attempting to cause dramabombs to occur where none should have. As I stated originally with regards to the leak I received, the context wasn't there, it was just stuff that would have pissed me off and they knew it. However, I Didn't post the information right away, and I was very careful in everything I did. In short, I didn't play into their hands, and that's why all of a suddent, that gimmick account had been
deleted.

I don't think the entirety of the staff is incompetent or anything remotely close to that. I do think there are a lot of bad apples - Teai Rabishu, Talore, and ExpiredRascals among them. I will say that I consider ER the likely source of this drama, mainly going by the times I checked that corresponded between the leak I got and his activity times. Of course, I'm also basing this off the fact I don't trust him as far as I can throw him and think he's a two-timing bitch who really should not be an admin, but what you gonna' do?
Its entirely possible. When I got alerted that Sene was going to retroactively infract me as an excuse to ban me, it had to come from the global or admin lounge, because I was privvy to regular mod lounge leaks and there was no mention of these plans.

I don't know who of the globals/admins leaked to me, but the lapdog would be a solid choice since the guy just wants to be in power and remove whoever he considers a threat to keeping his position.
And I was certainly one of the "disposable" persons, so I cannot say I would be wildly surprised if it was him.

FaheyUSMC

Postby FaheyUSMC » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:31 am

I firmly believe that as of late, the "leak" that has been coming out has been intentional from at least one global moderator's/admin's perspective. The person is trying to goad people into acting before thinking, and they are intentionally attempting to cause dramabombs to occur where none should have. As I stated originally with regards to the leak I received, the context wasn't there, it was just stuff that would have pissed me off and they knew it. However, I Didn't post the
information right away, and I was very careful in everything I did. In short, I didn't play into their hands, and that's why all of a suddent, that gimmick account had been deleted.

I don't think the entirety of the staff is incompetent or anything remotely close to that. I do think there are a lot of bad apples - Teai Rabishu, Talore, and ExpiredRascals among them. I will say that I consider ER the likely source of this drama, mainly going by the times I checked that corresponded between the leak I got and his activity times. Of course, I'm also basing this off the fact I don't trust him as far as I can throw him and think he's a two-timing bitch who really should not be an admin, but what you gonna' do?
Its entirely possible. When I got alerted that Sene was going to retroactively infract me as an excuse to ban me, it had to come from the global or admin lounge, because I was privvy to regular mod lounge leaks and there was no mention of these plans.

I don't know who of
the globals/admins leaked to me, but the lapdog would be a solid choice since the guy just wants to be in power and remove whoever he considers a threat to keeping his position. And I was certainly one of the "disposable" persons, so I cannot say I would be wildly surprised if it was him.
That doesn't sound like Sene. At all. As I said, all this shit seems to be coming from admins/globals who want to make the forums more authoritarian than anything, and that is a real problem in my eyes. Sene just doesn't strike me as that type of person, and it really makes me wonder if that the person responsible for your retroactive infractions wanted to throw your suspicion and ire onto Sene, a well-respected moderator in order to throw you off of them.

Also, Senori has shaped up. Teia is just a cunt.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:48 am

Senori is incapable of shaping up.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:16 am

Please fahey, tell me more

Sene

Postby Sene » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:35 am

I firmly believe that as of late, the "leak" that has been coming out has been intentional from at least one global moderator's/admin's perspective. The person is trying to goad people into acting before thinking, and they are intentionally attempting to cause dramabombs to occur where none should have. As I stated originally with regards to the leak I received, the context wasn't there, it was just stuff that would have pissed me off and they knew it. However, I Didn't post the
information right away, and I was very careful in everything I did. In short, I didn't play into their hands, and that's why all of a suddent, that gimmick account had been deleted.

This is very backwards. You were infracted because we didn't want to ban you. They were issued a couple of days late because we were discussing what the best course of action would be.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:48 am

Hahahaha oh man now Sene is here to clear everything up for us! Hooray! Please Sene, go on.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:50 am

Not that I'm cosigning these recent conspiracy theories, but man, Sene my man!

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:26 am

@Fahey, Sene: You got the wrong meaning on what I posted. I meant that whoever warned me about the plan to get me banned from the site by any means possible must have been at least a global. It could not be Sene for the obvious reason he was performing the duty of picking posts of mine outside the gutter and infract them (I believe it was necessary to retroactively infract them, because I had publicly stated I was retreating from Gutter-pegging negociations and would exclusively limit my posting to the gutter anymore from now on). There is no way Sene is the leak in my book. What I said is I believe that whoever tipped me off by AIM must have been a global/admin at the time (other than Sene). Hope that clears up what I meant.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:27 am

Also Gutter members bodycount now up to 11! :bravo:

FaheyUSMC

Postby FaheyUSMC » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:50 am

@Fahey, Sene: You got the wrong meaning on what I posted. I meant that whoever warned me about the plan to get me banned from the site by any means possible must have been at least a global. It could not be Sene for the obvious reason he was performing the duty of picking posts of mine outside the gutter and infract them (I believe it was necessary to retroactively infract them, because I had publicly stated I was retreating from Gutter-pegging negociations and would exclusively limit my posting to the gutter anymore from now on). There is no way Sene is the leak in my book. What I said is I believe that whoever tipped me off by AIM must have been a global/admin at the time (other than Sene). Hope that clears up what I meant.
I was
merely re-iterating my belief that whoever has been leaking stuff lately - both to you as well as to myself and several others - had been doing it with the sole purpose of attempting to get us to act impulsively and give them a reason to ban us. They were in the process of selling the site off to Curse, we know that. Loudmouthed bastards like yourself and me would have been a headache to deal with for the new Curse overlords, so it was seen as better to simply get us to act and give them a reason to remove us from the site rather than just ban us without explanation, then cause the dramabomb that would have surely happened at that point (because we would have been ripshit, and telling everyone left and right about the fascist staff).

As I said, notice how the leak to me at least was done devoid of context (that was filled in by Nai, I might add), and "publicly leaking" anything from the moderator lounge constitutes an instant ban from the site. Someone thinks they know me, and they got juked
by yours truly.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:55 am

What a suspension spree.

Checkbox ignored a moderator request and will be back in 1 week.

faheyUSMC ignored a moderator request and is at 3 active infractions. This is his third suspension so he will be back on December 12th.

Sapphire Tri has done the same and will be back in 1 week.

pinkfloyd has done so as well. He'll be back in a week.

poggydude as well. He will be back in 2 weeks.

Mr. Snrub is also a gimmick of ( N_S ) and is banned.

Anyone who votes for someone who was ripped on in the gutter, that post will be deleted.

I assume they are going to extend that rule to any of the mods who ripped on someone in the "user X is a great card analyst" thread in the mod lounge.

No ?

FaheyUSMC

Postby FaheyUSMC » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:29 am

To be fair, my suspension is justified. I didn't realize Gals asked us not to continue it (rather, I responded before I skimmed his request).

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:30 pm

dude no one can vote for anyone, everyone was ripped in the gutter

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:14 pm

What a suspension spree.

Checkbox ignored a moderator request and will be back in 1 week.

faheyUSMC ignored a moderator request and is at 3 active infractions. This is his third suspension so he will be back on December 12th.

Sapphire Tri has done the same and will be back in 1 week.

pinkfloyd has done so as well. He'll be back in a week.

poggydude as well. He will be back in 2 weeks.

Mr. Snrub is also a gimmick of ( N_S ) and is banned.

Anyone who votes for someone who was ripped on in the gutter, that post will be deleted.

I assume they are going to extend that rule to any of the mods who ripped on someone in the "user X is a great card analyst" thread in the mod lounge.

No ?
No, not at all.

Return to “Speak Your Mind”