Mission Statement - Azrael's Draft

Community Issues

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R )

Azrael
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Azrael » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:23 pm

At the infancy of this site's launch, I'd like to take a few moments to introduce myself, describe the experiences that myself and others of the administration share, the principles that we want this site to embody and how we hope to reach out of the wider magic-playing world and provide a uniquely enjoyable resource and community.

I have a full-time position working in the legal field within the oil and gas industry in eastern Ohio, as a licensed attorney. In spite of my choice of career, I'm also recently and very happily married. I was first published by SCG when I was 16 years old back in 2002, became a Feature Writer with TCGPlayer.com/AGN in 2005, and was later hired by AGN to perform consulting and website administration work. Over the years I've had numerous competitive top 8 finishes in Standard formats with a variety of outlandish, original lists, and a Pro Tour appearance in 2011,
but have never tried to expend the time to pursue MTG tournament play as a career or as a significant source of income. For a time, I also moonlighted as a moderator and administrator at Mtgsalvation.com, and worked together with a number of the staff members to refocus the staff's policies and philosophy around a user-driven, service mentality.

Over the past two years, I've been developing a number of ideas on how to develop a better, smarter MTG website. The paradigm of this site is to differ from the stagnant models utilized by the major players in the industry, and to provide better resources, better information, better organization, and a stronger and more intelligent community. All of us who are involved in the project share that objective, and to the extent that we are able to do so given our many other commitments, we intend to work towards making them a reality.

Along the way, we want to fully embrace the idea of working hand in hand with the community, and to take their feedback and
concerns into account, to recognize and recruit programming and service talent as we see it, and as a joint venture with the community to gradually build the website into the premier resource for the Magic: the Gathering players on the internet, within all ranges of the competitive and casual spectrum.

Community is also a critical concern for us. Many of our original members have had poor experiences on other websites. Those of us who are disappointed in those outcomes have chosen to start anew, and to build on a foundation of openness, integrity, and cooperation. We would like to foster an environment in which users can converse intelligently, and where the staff are active members of the community, but with a mentality that is always focused upon how best to serve their fellow users.

We look forward to working with you to create a fresh approach to Magic on the internet, and we welcome you to MTGCommunity.com.

---

Here's my draft of a mission statement. Name/URL subject to change. Thoughts,
critiques?

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:35 pm

I like it. :thumbsup:

Also, am I the only one who actually likes MTGCommunity.com as a domain?
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:55 pm

I'm going to do some quick line edits on it.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Weird, it doesn't say I made an edit...
Tried to cut out passive voice, made some grammar/spelling corrections, and turned some non-sentences into sentences.

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Thanks. I'll continue making some edits as well.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:35 am

looks good. i'm sorry to hear that mtgcommunity is taken
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:28 pm

How is this working out for you ?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:34 pm

't'was all butt a dream....

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:02 pm

There weren't enough gloves.
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Return to “Speak Your Mind”