The Boondocks Mafia (Town Win)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

imopen2
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby imopen2 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:36 pm

I think it was L-2 in the first game on this site
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:47 pm

I'll be waiting for dan to confirm it's l-2

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:48 pm

with fate's shitty behavior I'm more inclined to believe that they're sucm buddies than that they're loves/masons or fate is a cop
why are we not surprised you rather disregard relevant softclaims in the face of your ONLY fabricated reads?

Lynch this scum please
don't give a fuck about your soft claim because scum are always masons.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:56 pm

I'm okay with a Yanni vote today.

But I guess I'll keep my vote off until he claims. Lest Fate hammer someone else. >.>

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:01 pm

Fate's already voting this one. No need to worry. :D

But seriously, don't vote for Yanni right after his claim no matter what. I really don't want to see the Day end before getting both rezombad and Nuwen in here.

Yanni, you've got two more people willing to vote you right here. Even if there was a mistake, you're going to be at L-2. Claim.
҉

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:39 pm

I'm Jazmine Dubois, vanilla town.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:17 am

Yanni y u so scum tho

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:38 am

Hammer dat shit

Gammagooey
Newcomer

Postby Gammagooey » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:04 am

hey look everybody
it's a bird
it's a plane
oh no wait its a gamma post huh how about that who woulda thunk it

gonna say stuff about nuwen like i said i would even though it's not nearly as relevant now but ill do a super short thing about yanni at the end from memory i guess

and if yanni is actually town then the nuwen read explanation is probably going to be necessary for tomorrow anyway so it is actually worth posting about

nuwen reads as town because of posts like her post 367 on page 10 and 445 on page 12
she's confident about her reads and backs them up with a bunch of mafia theory which I think it's pretty clear she actually believes in, and in 445 she spells out exactly what she thinks scum would do in a given situation and bases her thoughts on it even though I think that those assumptions of what scum would do rely a ton on scum constantly thinking about how to advance their gameplan and win the
long game as scum instead of just saying things that they think they would as town

that last part even though it might seem a little odd is an INCREDIBLY TOWN THING FOR NUWEN TO DO based on all the games I've played with her in and is exactly how nuwen thinks as town. nuwen being town is the strongest read i have in the game and one of the only strong ones that isn't based on role shenanigans.

while im typing just to get this out of the way iso is also town because holy fuck does he believe that he's right and that he's going to be the town savior by lynching nuwen and trying to force everyones hand with his governor role and it is not a scum mindset at all and he is town too

with yanni my main reason for having him as slightly town is him being impulsive and getting in the other players faces a lot which is more likely to come from scum than town. i wouldn't be terribly surprised if he was scum but i do think rezombad has been hanging back in a scummy way and after the shrugworthy random
generator stuff at the very beginning he's (rezom) tried to stay out of the way and not put out any strong contradicting opinions that would get him noticed and that he's a pretty good amount more likely to be scum than yanni is.

GET WORDED AT.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:05 am

he's L-2 D:

Kinda want more info before flip anyway

PEDIT: woah a post.

cool story bro.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:29 am

with yanni my main reason for having him as slightly town is him being impulsive and getting in the other players faces a lot which is more likely to come from scum than town. i wouldn't be terribly surprised if he was scum
Ok I don't understand...was this a typo? you think he is slightly town but his behavior is likely to come from scum rather than town? and you wouldn't be surprised if he was scum? i'm legitimately confused

but i do think rezombad has been hanging back in a scummy way and after the shrugworthy random generator stuff at the very
beginning he's (rezom) tried to stay out of the way and not put out any strong contradicting opinions that would get him noticed and that he's a pretty good amount more likely to be scum than yanni is.
i agree with your assessment of his behavior since the random vote, but i think it is more because of his lack of mafia experience than his scumminess. some of you guys might not remember because you are mafia vets, but this game is intimidating, even for someone like myself who has extensive experience playing other strategy games. he may just be trying to let the more experienced players do the scumhunting

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:49 am

I'm Jazmine Dubois, vanilla town.
My....my daughter would never say that. She knows that she's chocolate and vanilla!

RPing aside, I finished my reread. I wrote off much of his day 1 play as Yanni being Yanni but post #693 stuck out.
like what does stardust even have to gian from fakeclaiming something like census taker
This is a valid question given Dusted’s claim. The problem?

Dusted claims in posts 683-684. Yanni is the first to respond with post #685:
k stardust is town chew chew the kaze train is back on the line
or rezmo
or fate
Basically Yanni's post #693 question, a question which could have made people reevaluate their votes, was posted after the lynch was already locked in. His post 685 comment does nothing to stop it. It reads like he wants town cred but is carefully to only make post #693 after the lynch threshold was reached.

unvote
vote Yanni

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:17 am

Unvote;
Vote: Yanni

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:18 am

Heard enough.

Feels good, man.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:22 am

unvote

@Fate: totally missed your softclaim back there, things make a little more sense now. Though I don't think you being town makes her town or vice versa.

Why is not giving a fuck and not paying attention not scummy? That's my main argument for you being scum.

Also, why isn't Imopen as scummy as me, when we voted you at about the same time for about the same reason?

@imopen2: Is Fate still scummy to you? Or does his softclaim make him town in your eyes?

@Yanni: Why do you say:
I put so much stock in mod gaming it'll make you all cry.
:rolleyes:[/
quote]followed just a few posts later by:
we've lost too many power roles and I don't want to modgame on how many are left.
?

@stardust: I missed you too. Been helping a friend move 1200 miles.

why isn't Imopen as scummy as me when we voted Fate at about the same time for about the same reason? Are you still upset about my vote for Dusted? when I gave him a chance to address my points and he disregarded them completely?

@Iso: Why do you think that Imopen is more scummy than me even though we each voted Fate at about the same time, with about the same reason?

@Gammagooey: Appreciate the reads, how is Kaze looking to you currently?

edit: and Kaze hammers...

@Kaze: Explain yourself, you havn't made any sort
of case against Yanni. Is it sheep Fate day?
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:51 am

I thought explained myself pretty clearly, zombad. I generally have a good feel for the flow of the game at any time - it's like dipping my finger in the water to tell which direction the current is moving. When something changes the way things are going, I'm usually instantly aware of it. In this case, imopen's vote was not at all genuine-seeming and the timing was also off. I also dislike where his mindset was during the vote-in-question.

I don't really like Kaze's hammer, particularly after he didn't answer my question (to my recollection), but Kaze's also been one of my strongest town reads for his mindset in spite of his nearly constantly questionable behavior. :/

The Yanni lynch is garbage (due to who's voting) but I'm not sad to see a VT go and I didn't have a particularly strong read on him one way or the other.

Let's
hope it's a scum flip. :thumbsup:
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

ganderin_dan

Postby ganderin_dan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:12 am

unvote
*buzzer*
Votecount #12 (897):

Nuwen (2) - Iso, Yanni
Rezombad (2) - Gammagooey, Stardust 2.0
Yanni (7) - Fate, DroppinSuga, DroppinSuga, HowlingMad, imopen2, Spambolic, Kazekirimaru
Fate (2) - Lord_McDonalds, Rezombad
imopen2 (1) - Kazekirimaru

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch!

Please let me know if I've made a mistake.

Twilight
Last edited by ganderin_dan on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:28 am

shitty lynch. lynch fate next.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:29 am

also spam is confirmed town now.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:31 am

like I've been lynched for bad reasons a lot but this is by far one of the worst ones.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:51 pm

also spam is confirmed town now.
If you flip scum I am going to have to disagree

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:52 pm

unvote
*buzzer*
Votecount #12 (897):

Nuwen (2) - Iso, Yanni
Rezombad (2) - Gammagooey, Stardust 2.0
Kazekirimaru (1) - Spambolic
Yanni (7) - Fate, DroppinSuga, DroppinSuga, HowlingMad, imopen2, Spambolic, Kazekirimaru
Fate (2) - Lord_McDonalds, Rezombad
imopen2 (1) - Kazekirimaru

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch!

Please let me know if I've made a mistake.[/b:
1gmrdnxu]

Twilight
You've got spambolic voting for kaze and yanni, but I don't think that matters too much.

Nuwen

Postby Nuwen » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Uh hi. You've lynched stuff without me.

At least we know Lord McDonald is town.
So high, so low, so many things to know.

Gammagooey
Newcomer

Postby Gammagooey » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:15 pm

siigh so i had a much better post typed up but apparently trying to submit it from a tab that isnt logged in just deletes it all and you cant go back and copy+paste it because now this tab is logged in too

summary is
-yanni looks a little town but everyone knowing there is a governor makes post-hammer reads kinda dicks

-i'm leonard, i'm a miller (will investigate mafia to alignment investigations), and the purpose of claiming this is so if there's a cop in the game please investigate someone who has a chance of investigating as something surprising, because no matter what alignment i actually am i will investigate as mafia and investigating me to make sure of it would be absolutely retarded (hopefully if there is a cop then they already realized this but it's probably better to spell it out just in case)

-would have probably been better for me to claim this day 1 but I didn't want a game day to turn into an
argument about whether or not i should die for claiming miller and given that someone hasn't claimed at me and made me dead already i'm pretty sure that i haven't been investigated yet so it was probably an okay play even though i'm a pile of self-preserving horseshit for doing so yeah

Gammagooey
Newcomer

Postby Gammagooey » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:17 pm

oh only thing i left out was that all the PRs claimed already plus a cop might be a little much but it's probably worth claiming this anyway.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:26 pm

Nuwen! Give us more than that! This is actually important. Thoughts on Yanni's wagon, the people on it, and how they joined, please. If you have anything else from that reread you apparently started, that would be good too.

If Yanni flips town, I'm coming after you Spammy.
҉

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:32 pm

Gamma claiming Miller AFTER I softclaim is pretty fuckin sketch

Gammagooey
Newcomer

Postby Gammagooey » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:35 pm

also @open
with yanni my main reason for having him as slightly town is him being impulsive and getting in the other players faces a lot which is more likely to come from scum than town. i wouldn't be terribly surprised if he was scum

Ok I don't understand...was this a typo? you think he is slightly town but his behavior is likely to come from scum rather than town? and you wouldn't be surprised if he was scum? i'm legitimately confused
yeah that was a typo, it should be more likely to come from town than scum but it's not a very strong tell in my opinion.

@fate-your softclaim is dumb and you would never actually investigate nuwen as cop because i'm pretty damn sure you can read her at least as well as i can
la la la

Gammagooey
Newcomer

Postby Gammagooey » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:36 pm

p.s. if i really thought you were the cop and i were scum i would just shoot you instead of claiming miller given that there's a dead doctor instead of claiming miller and probably getting all the attention in the world tomorrow

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:42 pm

unvotewhy isn't Imopen as scummy as me when we voted Fate at about the same time for about the same reason?

There's a reason why I drilled him following that vote. He answered my questions to my satisfaction. You were next in line for toDay.
Are you still upset about my vote for Dusted? when I gave him a chance to address my points and he disregarded them completely?
Is that what you think happened? If so, you misinterpreted Dusted severely. He was posting from his phone and didn't want to go back and chop everything up for you. So he asked
you to go back and read more carefully since the answers to your questions was in the original post. Because the answers were there, your points went from misunderstood to malicious following your vote for "handwaving" when Dusted did no such thing.
҉

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Sheep Fate day best day, NOW we're making progress

Gamma your miller claim is p. sketch regardless but hopefully the vig knows what to do

Gammagooey
Newcomer

Postby Gammagooey » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:50 pm

don't think there's a vig anymore now that the joat is dead but if it makes you feel better sayin' that then sure the holy vig will descend and destroy the nonbelievers

cant really disagree with the miller claim being some amount of sketchy but maybe i can bargain you down from p. sketchy to a little sketchy sometime later

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:13 pm

k how about lynch before Lylo levels of sketch

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:13 pm

I'd say lynch Rezombad tomorrwo but something tells me I don't have to worry about being NKd int his game

Gammagooey
Newcomer

Postby Gammagooey » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:14 pm

k how about lynch before Lylo levels of sketch
seems fair

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:29 pm

seriously you guys followed fate into an awful train. lynch him.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Can I get a quick headcount of who thinks fate is actually a cop? I'm still hungup on why he would choose to investigate nuwen but it's important that I don't make any decisions without the rest of the town's input

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:36 pm

I'm still not sold on Yanni town. I'll wait for an autopsy. If I'm wrong, then I'm sorry brotha.

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:37 pm

I think Fate would investigate Nuwen since he feels that she's a strong player and if she's scum, he would want her gone ASAP.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:43 pm

What Yanni's doing now has no bearing on his towniness, don't worry. As scum, he's generating some WIFOM with his dying breath while hoping for a governor save.

imopen, I will absolutely not tell you whether or not I think he's a cop, and everyone else shouldn't either. Better, don't ask these questions in the first place. You have no idea how much information you're giving to the scum. What I will tell you is that I do think he's telling the truth - I do think he has role information either implying or telling him that Nuwen is town.
҉

Return to “Completed Games”