The Boondocks Mafia (Town Win)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Iso
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Iso » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:37 am

But anyway, this is how I see it. Town wouldn't show up late, ask me if I planned on contributing to the game I had already been contributing to, and then utilize their psychic powers to claim knowledge of my "plans to kill the town" by way of "Not... playing the game". I mean this is totes my first game for realzies, but that's pretty scummy.

Unvote: Kaze

Vote: Iso
nThis is pure OMGUS. Also, what does "showing up late" have to do with my alignment? Wouldn't I, as scum, be aware of the game starting if the scum had pre-game chat
(which is commonplace in MTGS Mafia meta)? Additionally, this argument is terribly weak - using my "psychic powers" (read: powers of observation), I am able to deduce that you don't plan on contributing anything meaningful to the game, ergo, by way of not playing the game, you expect me to find you to be...town? How does that work out?
I call them psychic powers because you began talking of my plans as if you had any idea what they were. I'm not sure if you are familiar with sarcasm (I hear jokes aren't allowed in your neck of the woods), but it is a form of humor often used to poke fun or ridicule. Hence my asking you to elaborate on my plans that you assumed you knew/know.

And your "powers of observation" (read: lack thereof) need some work if you've deduced that I plan on not
contributing to this game -I mean, seeings you have had to use my contributions to this game to make your brilliant deduction :sherlock:
Then prove me wrong!

-

We're not lynching Kaze toDay.

Period.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

ganderin_dan

Votecount #2 (122)

Postby ganderin_dan » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:49 am

Votecount #2:

TomServo (2) - Col. Khaddafi, Iso
imopen (1) - Kazekirimaru
DroppinSuga (1) - rezombad
Kazekirimaru (6) - Fate, Nuwen, Manders, DroppinSuga, imopen2, GR
Iso (2) - Spambolic, TomServo

With 16 alive, it's 9 to lynch!

Yanni, Stardust and dee_tot2 are being prodded again.

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Unvote:
Vote: G_R

Wow that was easy

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Why am I being lynched when there are so many other people being more scummy than I? Wagon jumping? Spam and fluff? Misinformation?
You are spreading a lot of accusations around, friend. Do you have, uh, cases on these wagon jumpers, spammers, and misinformers?

I haven't seen Kaze do anything anti-town. Well, except his most recent "noob bandwagon" comment - it seems a little forced in phrasing, but I think it's justified, given that pretty much no one has explained their votes on him.
"Pretty much no one"? Several people on his wagon
have
explained their vote on him.
You people are astounding. I bet most of you are noobs voting me because I'm the easy wagon. Ridiculous. Why am I being lynched when there are so many other people being more scummy than I?

How about you guys actually slow down, stop being impatient day one haters/noob wagoners, and we actually find scum? Kay? Kay.
2. Misdirect attention to other players.
I concur.
You need to address my question in post #46, friend!
I voted rezombad there to see how he reacted
What did you make of his reaction?

More like bait to set someone for a mislynch.

Unvote
Vote Kazekirimaru
How are you sure imopen would be a mislynch?

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:57 pm

Who said anything about imopen2?
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:59 pm

You are spreading a lot of accusations around, friend. Do you have, uh, cases on these wagon jumpers, spammers, and misinformers?
Funny you should ask! ;D

WALL INCOMING

Alright fuckerscuties, if you'll allow me a bit of your time, I've a few words to share.

The people on my wagon, in order of hopping on:

(Fate,) Manders, Nuwen, DroppinSuga, imopen2, (Tom Servo,) Gaea's Regent
(Parentheses indicate that said player has since left the wagon.)
It is extremely likely there is at least one scum on my wagon. So, let's find them, yes?

Let's look at everyone individually, highlighting some key points.

Fate:
Vote: Kaze

too easy?
Unvote:

Wow that was easy
Not really much to go off of here, but here it is. His posts are short and pretty much devoid of any useful information. He's moved his vote twice with no reasoning, merely stating it is "easy." One might ponder what said reasoning is, and why he wouldn't share his reasoning with everyone else. A townie would want their fellow townies on a wagon of someone they think is scum, no? But Fate doesn't bother with that.

Fate is Null-leaning-scum.

Manders:
I tried to multi-quote, but it failed. OOG, Scumbag, can you look into that?

Unofficial VC because I'm curious:
Stardust (1) - Spambolic
Tom Servo (1) - Col. Khaddafi
dee_tot2 (1) - rezombad
rezombad (3) - ( G_R ); imopen2; DroppinSuga
DroppinSuga (1) - Kazekirimaru
imopen2 (1) - Nuwen
Iso (1) - Lord_Mcdonalds
Kazekirimaru (1) - Fate

too easy?
I see it, too.

Vote: Kazekirimaru

Who can tell me why I voted for him?
So I can look back at the end of the
game and compare:

First impressions:
GR is town.
Kaze, Suga, and imopen2 are scum.
rezombad is noob town.
The rest are null.
Manders has been busy lately, but offered this up toward the beginning. She starts with an unofficial vote count, followed by her vote on me. But unlike Fate, Manders seems to have a purpose for not giving reasoning: playing as a pseudo-mentor for the newbies in this game. Though I don't particularly agree with her doing so, I can understand why she did. She followed up with a reads list, making her stances known and staying information-transparent, which is a towntell in my opinion. Everything she's done thusfar has been done with townie intentions.

Manders is town.

Nuwen:
Vote: imopen2
This page 1 wagon is high-quality.

unvote, vote: Kazekirimaru.
Kaze doesn't think there are scum on his wagon (except imopen2, the jump seat vote).

We're all just mistaken, right?

My zillion games of experience assure you all that in a similar situation, town minds are paranoid above all else. Town, especially new town, seek scum on their wagons.

Instead, he's approaching his wagon with comromising and discrediting language.

"The players voting for me are dumb - there are other slots scum mixer than I. Let's focus on those slots instead." He's not prepared to commit to scum reads on his wagon because 2 of us have voted for or expressed
interest in a scum-imopoen paradigm.

To me, his posts to this point seem motived to primarily:

1. Not estrange allies
Nuwen opens up with two unexplained votes, the latter on me. Like Fate, despite it being possibly obvious to her, she doesn't bother sharing info with the rest of the town. Later, she opens up with some points against me, mainly working under one extremely strong assumption that I didn't suspect anyone on my wagon of being scum. I'm not particularly sure if this mistake was scum-motivated, or just a conclusion jump. I'd like to hear more from her.

Nuwen is Null.

DroppinSuga:
vote: rezombad

Seems fairly straight-forward today.
Kaze is pinging me..

Unvote
Suga's two votes. Rezombad and myself. It's bad enough he does this without any explaination(he even states later he has no explanation, just a feeling on me) but one might notice that his two votes are on the only two wagons in this game thusfar. I think this is the most blatantly scummy play in the game to date.

DroppinSuga is scum.

imopen2:
If Wikipedia says it I believe it.

vote rezombad
It was such an obviously bad vote I felt that others could see that without me responding. I believe the town's job is to seek out information and ask questions that lead to the elimination of the other town members or the discovery of a scum. Me trying to pin down Spam's role in the event that he is roleplaying (which he obviously is) should not, in and of itself, warrant your vote. The fact that you asked Spam if he was role playing in the first place makes it more strange to me that you would accuse me of rolefishing and then use it as a reason to vote me. I never said I believe Spam is who he presents himself to be, but I don't see the harm in discussing it.

I am voting for you because you are quick at throwing out accusations and I don't follow your logic so far.

[quote="imopen2 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:15 am&
quot;]
The comment about Wikipedia was a joke. Since I've never seen someone vote randomly it was a rather strange move but I could see a new player making that mistake and not realizing how scummy it makes them seem. I voted rezombad there to see how he reacted and while he's definitely still suspicious, the kaze wagon involves me pretty directly so I've prioritized that discussion for now.[/quote]
imopen2 starts off with a jump on the early wagon with a terrible reason. Then later OMGUS's me on the grounds that my logic is faulty and ignores me by stating my vote was "obviously bad" thus not warranting his attention. Well, if it was so bad, how did it garner your OMGUS later? And then your response to Spam in the last quote, him asking for an explanation on his rezombad vote. "It was a joke." "I voted him to see how he reacted." Easy to say things are a joke when they look stupid later, yes? And if it was a reaction test, how come you didn't...I don't
know...comment on his reaction? imopen2 completely abandoned his line of thought when he jumped on me.

imopen2 is strongly leaning scum.

TomServo:
It's my first, but it's easily my last.
lol respect
Unvote

amidoonitriteyet?
Oh, Tom Servo. The least of all fucks given. I'm honestly not sure what to make of Tom or his play. He doesn't seem to care about the game, but later moves his vote to Iso taking an
active interest for a moment(though he may just be trolling Iso now, not sure.) The majority of his posts have been fluff, complaints, and snark. I'm not sure why he's playing, honestly.

Tom Servo is Null(and an asshat.)

(G_R):
Made a re-read. So, let's look at Kaze's case: :V
Le sigh.

Is this your first game, rezombad?

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=RVS

Read that. Particularly the bottom part.
Here I see coaching. Particularly when rezombad
is one of my suspects.
Oh hey, spam, you roleplaying?
This, followed by:
If spam is role playing. Which charter doesn't like public showers? I've never watched the show..
ok, since no one answered my question, i did a little (read: little) research and googled "boondocks shower." I found a clip about Thomas Lancaster DuBois dreaming he was going to be raped in a prison shower. after a little wikipedia reading (wikipedia, amirite?) i figured out that DuBois has a fear of being raped. i didn't read about any of the other characters but this seems
to fit... :sherlock:

unless i'm just reading too far into what he said
This smells of rolefishing.
Both these posts are pretty much the case against Kazekirimaru. He later tried to explain himself:
The roleplay thing I said was bait to see if any scum would try to look into spam's role, which you did. <3

UNVOTE
VOTE: imopen2
More like bait to set someone for a mislynch.

Unvote
Vote Kazekirimaru
Everything I wanted to cover in one post for my convenience. Sweet. :cool2:

First, (G_R) takes a random shot at my early comment towards Rezombad's random vote. Fair enough, there. I probably shouldn't have told him
that. What comes later, though, is what interests me. He basically regurgitates the case on me without adding one sliver of individual thought or new insight which looks to me like a purely aesthetic wagon hop. And then the comment at the end. Spam already beat me to this, but you sound far too confident in imopen2 being a mislynch. Why is that? Do you have some information the rest of the town does not have, scum?

(G_R) is strongly leaning scum.

--------------------------------------------

So, to put my wagon on a spectrum, we have:
Town
Manders
Nuwen
Tom Servo
Fate
imopen2
(G_R)
DroppinSuga
Scum

Given the following, I am going to

UNVOTE
VOTE: DroppinSuga

For being a scummy scum scumfuck.<3

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:55 pm

Yo. Just checking in with the rest of you folks since I apparently got prodded. Back tomorrow. Will be caught up this week.

And since I missed RVS... Vote Iso.
҉

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:18 am

While acting scummy is a natural thing for me, I can assure you that I am as clean as they come.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:28 am

I'm really glad this game is moving as slowly as it is because, as it is, I'm going to have to respond to the entire game at this point. There's a lot of stuff I have responses to and couldn't make yet.

I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!!
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:51 am

I have several problems with your analysis of my vote, Kaze. I will address my concerns here.

imopen2:
If Wikipedia says it I believe it.

vote rezombad
It was such an obviously bad vote I felt that others could see that without me responding. I believe the town's job is to seek out information and ask questions that lead to the elimination of the other town
members or the discovery of a scum. Me trying to pin down Spam's role in the event that he is roleplaying (which he obviously is) should not, in and of itself, warrant your vote. The fact that you asked Spam if he was role playing in the first place makes it more strange to me that you would accuse me of rolefishing and then use it as a reason to vote me. I never said I believe Spam is who he presents himself to be, but I don't see the harm in discussing it.

I am voting for you because you are quick at throwing out accusations and I don't follow your logic so far.

The comment about Wikipedia was a joke. Since I've never seen someone vote randomly it was a rather strange move but I could see a new player making that mistake and not realizing how scummy it makes them seem. I voted
rezombad there to see how he reacted and while he's definitely still suspicious, the kaze wagon involves me pretty directly so I've prioritized that discussion for now.
imopen2 starts off with a jump on the early wagon with a terrible reason. Then later OMGUS's me on the grounds that my logic is faulty and ignores me by stating my vote was "obviously bad" thus not warranting his attention. Well, if it was so bad, how did it garner your OMGUS later? And then your response to Spam in the last quote, him asking for an explanation on his rezombad vote. "It was a joke." "I voted him to see how he reacted." Easy to say things are a joke when they look stupid later, yes? And if it was a reaction test, how come you didn't...I don't know...comment on his reaction? imopen2 completely abandoned his line of thought when he jumped on me.

imopen2 is strongly leaning scum.
Ok so here we go:

1. "the early wagon": you describe my vote
for rezombad as being "a jump on the early wagon." If you reread, you will find that mine was only the second vote for rezombad, hardly a wagon imo.
2. "with a terrible reason": I believe the first phase of the game is called RVS for a reason. "A so-called random vote is one made very early in the game with no serious reasoning given." -mafiascumwiki (wiki never lies, it was founded by the white-man)
3. My post aimed at you after I said that your vote was terrible and did not warrant a response was due to your prodding on the subject. While your vote may have been bad and I ignored it, when there are concerns from the players in this game about me ignoring a vote, I feel the need to respond. I'm sure you would have used my continued silence to make a case against me anyways, right?
4. I explained my vote on rezombad for what it was, a joke and a feeler in the RVS phase of the game. I believe I am allowed to keep some of my reads to myself when I want to, and I also think
my opinion of rezombad was made clear when I changed my vote to you; he was at least playing less scummy than you were.

There are some things I don't like about your analysis of the other players on your wagon but I will let them respond to you first before I point out all the flaws in your rundown for them.
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:52 am

I'm really glad this game is moving as slowly as it is because, as it is, I'm going to have to respond to the entire game at this point. There's a lot of stuff I have responses to and couldn't make yet.

Posting about how you didn't get to responding to anything yet? :munch:

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:07 am

who said I wanted townies to vote you Kaze?

I got what I wanted from you

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:14 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mdy8bFiyzY

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:17 am

1. "the early wagon": you describe my vote for rezombad as being "a jump on the early wagon." If you reread, you will find that mine was only the second vote for rezombad, hardly a wagon imo.
2. "with a terrible reason": I believe the first phase of the game is called RVS for a reason. "A so-called random vote is one made very early in the game with no serious reasoning given." -mafiascumwiki (wiki never lies, it was founded by the white-man)
3. My post aimed at you after I said that your vote was terrible and did not warrant a response was due to your prodding on the subject. While your vote may have been bad and I ignored it, when there are concerns from the players in this game about me ignoring a vote, I feel the need to
respond. I'm sure you would have used my continued silence to make a case against me anyways, right?
4. I explained my vote on rezombad for what it was, a joke and a feeler in the RVS phase of the game. I believe I am allowed to keep some of my reads to myself when I want to, and I also think my opinion of rezombad was made clear when I changed my vote to you; he was at least playing less scummy than you were.
1. Wagons don't have to be large to be wagons. Regardless, the main point of that was there was low-hanging fruit and you swiped at it. Good job arguing semantics, though.
2. Your vote had reasoning behind it, despite you attempting to cover it up with lackadaisical wording. You were coaxing along a wagon on page one.
3. So...you only responded because not doing so would make you look scummy?
4. Call it what you want in hindsight. The only joke here is your scumplay.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:17 am

Kay then.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:57 am

So, to put my wagon on a spectrum, we have:
Town
Manders
Nuwen
Tom Servo
Fate
imopen2
(G_R)
DroppinSuga
Scum
So based on your "spectrum" you would say that Suga, G_R, and myself are the most likely scum, right? If we were scum, do you really think we would have all voted for Rezombad as our first move in this game? This is my second game, I have yet to be scum, and even I know that would be a terrible move for the scum-team.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:29 am

That's WIFOM, brah.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:03 am

Unvote:

Wow that was easy
I approve of this wagon. :thumbsup:

I haven't seen Kaze do anything anti-town. Well, except his most recent "noob bandwagon" comment - it seems a little forced in phrasing, but I think it's justified, given that pretty much no one has explained their votes on him.
"Pretty much no one"? Several people on his wagon have explained their vote on him.
Then I must be blind!
Yo. Just checking in with the rest of you folks since I apparently got prodded. Back tomorrow. Will be caught up this week.

And since I missed RVS... Vote Iso.
:hi:
While acting scummy is a natural thing for me, I can assure you that I am as clean as they come.
Well, I'm totally convinced!

@LMD: I hope you're planning on providing more content than Tom.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Page 1 Catch Up

Postby Manders » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Random says:

Vote: dee_tot2

As Iso spelled out, it is a common tactic of scum, especially noob scum, to use random.org to pick their RVS vote so that they can appear to be choosing randomly. I, too, have caught scum based on this alone.

That being said, your other posts are what led me to proclaim you noob town in my P1 reads post.
Le sigh.

Is this your first game, rezombad?

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=RVS

Read that. Particularly the bottom part.
I first thought this was coaching, but since I think rezombad is town and this guy is scum, it's appealing to a noob town to win him over. Common scum tactic.
Fishing.
Vote: imopen2
Reasons are nice, even in an RVS vote. (Not that it has to be a GOOD reason for RVS, but everyone should get into the habit of providing reasons for their votes.)
If spam is role playing. Which charter doesn't like public showers? I've never watched the show..
ok, since no one answered my question, i did a little (read: little) research and googled "boondocks shower." I found a clip about Thomas Lancaster DuBois dreaming he was going to be raped in a prison shower. after a little wikipedia reading (wikipedia, amirite?) i figured out that DuBois has a fear of being raped. i didn't read about any of the other characters but this seems to fit...

unless i'm just reading too far into what he said
This smells of rolefishing.
Really? Then why didn't you vote him?
what are town?
Ok, I know you're Tom, the king of silly, but play time's over. Please take the game seriously.
Is it because he asked Spam about his role and then accused me of role fishing? Or is it because he did a policy lynch even tho Wikipedia said not to? Either way I don't like having my joke vote mattering so ill Unvote and then see what others have to say about Kaze
The
rolefishing is part of it, coupled with my comments on his "explanation" post regarding random.org RVS posts. This is most of it, though. The policy lynch thing I believe was a joke.

Joke votes always matter, though. Joke or not, they ARE votes. Why did it bother you to have this one matter?
Lulz. The "Policy Lynch" was an RVS vote. Suga hasn't even played a game before.

The roleplay thing I said was bait to see if any scum would try to look into spam's role, which you did. <3

UNVOTE
I don't believe this one bit. None of your posts read as if you were trying to bait scum.

Regardless, there's no reason scum would ever jump at your bait. Even if Spam IS DuBois, that's not going to tell them anything.

In fact, I
wouldn't be opposed to a name soft-claim to lock people into their claim. Who's down?

Why is it high-quality?
Kaze is pinging me..

Unvote
What is pinging you about Kaze?

Vague reasons are marginally better than no reason at all, guys.
Sir Thomas the Jester
I highly doubt it.

[
quote="rezombad » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:06 pm"]unvote
Vote: suga
[/quote]
Why?
Okay manders, I'm an idiot, what exactly is wrong with Kaze's vote/subsequent posts?
You didn't even try, dude. Why not?

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:27 pm

I'm fine with a name claim.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Page 2 Re-Cap

Postby Manders » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Jumping from wagon to wagon.
He had voted for two people at the time you made this post. That hardly warrants concern.

Let's all just hold our horses for a gosh darned minute! The day has barely started, a number of the folks have yet to post, and you call this "fairly-straight forward"?

nunvote
vote: DroppinSuga
How is it not "fairly-straight forward"? What does the inactivity of other players have to do with whether he is scum or not?
I'm not the strongest guy in the world but I can tell this is weak! That's two horrible votes now, both on people already getting voted.
Why is it relevant that he's voting people who've already been voted?
@imopen2: I voted you. You have no response to that?
Why does he have to respond to you? You didn't ask questions and you barely gave reasons for your vote.
It was such an obviously bad vote I felt
that others could see that without me responding. I believe the town's job is to seek out information and ask questions that lead to the elimination of the other town members or the discovery of a scum. Me trying to pin down Spam's role in the event that he is roleplaying (which he obviously is) should not, in and of itself, warrant your vote. The fact that you asked Spam if he was role playing in the first place makes it more strange to me that you would accuse me of rolefishing and then use it as a reason to vote me. I never said I believe Spam is who he presents himself to be, but I don't see the harm in discussing it.

RE: the bolded portion.

That's such an odd way to phrase that. Why would you say the town's job is primarily to kill off other town and secondarily to catch scum?
Don't have any, I don't care for rezombad wagon hopping, bout it.
What wagon-hopping?
Vote Tom Servo

Because he's a menace that should be put to stop.
I would vote me too.
So why didn't you do so in this post?

too easy?
I see it, too.

Vote: Kazekirimaru

Who can tell me why I voted for him?
Diarrhea of the mouth? Or was it the subtle mudslinging?
What mud-slinging?
It's my first, but it's easily my last.
Then why don't
you do something instead of bitching about how no one else is doing anything?
Please provide examples of Tom bitching about this because I didn't see any.
Is there a reason more people aren't voting rezombad?
Because he's noob town. :D
@Iso: Bored, and I loathe Day 1. Just hope it ends as fast as possible.

Plus I still have to learn on this series fot getting into character before I do anything else.
1) Keep this up, and it may end the same way the last game did. :D
2) No, you don't have to learn the characters. I never did for Adventure Time, and I did just fine.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:35 pm

unvote
Why?
I don't care for rezombad wagon hopping, bout it.
I should have been more clear earlier. My vote was because of Suga's wagon hopping. Not me wagon hopping onto Suga.

Code: Select all

G_R, imopen2, *Suga*
Kaze is pinging me..

Unvote

Fate, Manders, Nuwen, *Suga*

So that wagoning inspired me to vote for him. Since then his only
posts have been: "Trust me guise I'm not scum" and "I have no evidence, just a gut feeling for my vote for Kaze."
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:40 pm

In fact, I wouldn't be opposed to a name soft-claim to lock people into their claim. Who's down?
Sure?
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:44 pm

@Manders: The mudslinging was referring to the rolefishing comment. As for Tom:
I'm sure glad I signed up for this fun game. I never knew mafia could be so fast paced, entertaining, and addictive. All of a sudden I am unspeakably regretful that I never tried it sooner.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Sentiment shared.

Nuwen

Postby Nuwen » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:04 pm

My scum reads are rescinded in light of town-motivated posting.

unvote
So high, so low, so many things to know.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Page 3 Re-Cap

Postby Manders » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Three players still have yet to post. I want to meet all of my neighbors before the day ends!
Why are you so concerned about this?
I don't understand the case on Kaze and zombad is scum.
Whoa there, you're a mafia veteran and you can't understand why there's a wagon on Kaze? I mean not voting him is one thing but to not even claim to understand why he's getting voted after his rolefishing comment?

unvote
vote Iso
While I agree it's odd for him to claim he doesn't understand the wagon,
I don't think it warrants a vote. Why do you?
You people are astounding. I bet most of you are noobs voting me because I'm the easy wagon. Ridiculous. Why am I being lynched when there are so many other people being more scummy than I? Wagon jumping? Spam and fluff? Misinformation? But no, I get the short end of the stick because I came in early and the majority of you are too lazy to actually play this game and find real scum. Cool story, bro.

How about you guys actually slow down, stop being impatient day one haters/noob wagoners, and we actually find scum? Kay? Kay.
Am I already voting for you? *checks*
Ok, good.
I haven't seen Kaze do
anything anti-town. Well, except his most recent "noob bandwagon" comment - it seems a little forced in phrasing, but I think it's justified, given that pretty much no one has explained their votes on him. I've been in that situation before, and it's immensely frustrating to have a bad wagon on oneself with an inability to defend against it due to no case being presented - bandwagons for the sake of bandwagoning are dumb because it doesn't hold anybody accountable for their votes. Kaze's frustration is completely understandable and I see no reason to believe he's scum at this juncture.
I'm going to have to disagree with the bolded and be concerned that you are defending your buddy.

IGMEOY.
If anyone cares, I've played in about 90 Mafia games.
No one cares.
You people are astounding. I bet most of you are noobs voting me because I'm the easy wagon. Ridiculous. Why am I being lynched when there are so many other people being more scummy than I?

Kaze doesn't think there are scum on his wagon (except imopen2, the jump seat vote).

My zillion games of experience assure you all that in a similar situation, town minds are paranoid
above all else. Town, especially new town, seek scum on their wagons.

"The players voting for me are dumb - there are other slots scum mixer than I. Let's focus on those slots instead." He's not prepared to commit to scum reads on his wagon because 2 of us have voted for or expressed interest in a scum-imopoen paradigm.

1. Not estrange allies
A+, would read again.

My zillion games of experience assure you all that in a similar situation, town minds are paranoid above all else. Town, especially new town, seek scum on their wagons.

"The players voting for me are dumb - there are other slots scum mixer than I. Let's focus on those slots instead." He's not prepared to commit to scum reads on his wagon because 2 of us
have voted for or expressed interest in a scum-imopoen paradigm.

1. Not estrange allies
...pardon?
No. Read the post. It's not at all hard to understand what he's saying. Then, respond to it. This post is nothing more than a stall tactic.
You need to address my question in post #46, friend!
The comment about Wikipedia was a joke. Since I've never seen someone vote randomly it was a rather strange move but I could see a new player making that mistake and not realizing how scummy it makes them seem. I voted rezombad
there to see how he reacted and while he's definitely still suspicious, the kaze wagon involves me pretty directly so I've prioritized that discussion for now.
So you're voting him for OMGUS. Good to know.
Iso is also scum but we'll cross that bridge later.
Be careful with that one. He's tricksy. Time will tell on him.
To answer an early meta question, I've played in numerous Mafia games on HCRealms.com. I've also ran a game on that site, so I'm not a noob by any
means.
then why didn't you explain your vote on kaze?
What a wonderful question!
Your plans to kill the town? You tell me.
DO you always try to dodge questions with your own questions?
Yes, he does.
But anyway, this is how I see it. Town wouldn't show up late, ask me if I planned on contributing to the game I had already been contributing to, and then utilize their psychic powers to claim knowledge of my "plans to kill the town" by way of "Not... playing the game". I mean this is totes my first game for realzies, but that's pretty scummy.

Unvote: Kaze

Vote: Iso
It's really too early to tell with Iso. He's best ignored until links to other players can be established.
This is pure OMGUS. Also, what does "showing up late" have to do with my alignment? Wouldn't I, as scum, be aware of the game starting if the scum had pre-game chat
(which is commonplace in MTGS Mafia meta)? Additionally, this argument is terribly weak - using my "psychic powers" (read: powers of observation), I am able to deduce that you don't plan on contributing anything meaningful to the game, ergo, by way of not playing the game, you expect me to find you to be...town? How does that work out?
These last few posts of his have made it obvious that he intends on contributing. Let him be til later.
I'd very much appreciate a votecount, please.

Post about how everyone on my wagon is derp and/or scum pending said votecount.
More stalling. There's no reason you can't figure out who's voting for you yourself.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:39 pm

We're not lynching Kaze toDay.

Period.
Good thing we don't need you to do so if we so decide to do so.
Unvote:

Wow that was easy
You need to provide reasons for your votes.
Who said anything about imopen2?
If you were not referring to imopen2 in that post, who were you referring to?

You are much more lackadaisical than you were
last game. It is noted.

I'm going to follow imopen2's lead and let the others respond to their portion, even though I've got stuff I could say.
Manders has been busy lately, but offered this up toward the beginning. She starts with an unofficial vote count, followed by her vote on me. But unlike Fate, Manders seems to have a purpose for not giving reasoning: playing as a pseudo-mentor for the newbies in this game. Though I don't particularly agree with her doing so, I can understand why she did. She followed up with a reads list, making her stances known and staying information-transparent, which is a towntell in my opinion. Everything she's done thusfar has been done with townie intentions.

Manders is town.
There are two things I have to say about this:
1) His reads on me are spot-on. He's showing an
uncanny ability to read me.
2) This lends credence to my theory that he's scum because no one has ever been able to read me so clearly in their first game with me. That sounds odd, I'm sure, but it's absolutely true. The only reason he is so spot-on is because he knows I'm town, which makes it easy to read between the lines and apply logic to show why I'm town.

I'm not kidding with 2.
This does more to convince me you're scum. The only thing that makes me hesitate is your experience. You should know better than this.

IGMEOY.

What was the point of this post?

And what was that? You need to contribute in statements other than puzzles.
unvote
Why?
I don't care for rezombad wagon hopping, bout it.
I should have been more clear earlier. My vote was because of Suga's wagon hopping. Not me wagon hopping onto Suga.

G_R, imopen2, *Suga*
Kaze is pinging me..

Unvote

Fate, Manders, Nuwen, *Suga*

So that wagoning
inspired me to vote for him. Since then his only posts have been: "Trust me guise I'm not scum" and "I have no evidence, just a gut feeling for my vote for Kaze."
You're such a cute noob. :love:
@Manders: The mudslinging was referring to the rolefishing comment. As for Tom:
I'm sure glad I signed up for this fun game. I never knew mafia could be so fast paced, entertaining, and addictive. All of a sudden I am unspeakably regretful that I never tried it sooner.
The mudslinging that was done well after most of
the votes on him were laid?
That's a good reason for people to vote him, then. For something he hadn't done yet.

As for Tom, that's one example, and it's sarcasm. You made it sound like that's all he's been doing, which isn't true, and there are other players who have been doing it much more than that. Kaze for one.

Why does that make him scummy?

unvote
Really?

Also, are you female? Completely irrelevant, I know, and you can decline to answer, but I'm really curious.

Furthermore, what is your opinion of a name claim?

Name Claim Responses:

Please respond to any spoilered questions.
Sure?

Why the question mark?
Sentiment shared.

It's noted that you chose to quote the person supporting you as town rather than the person thinking you're scum to quote. I'm aware you probably quoted Iso because his post was last, but
still. Psychological tells are so fun to analyze!!
Goddamn I've missed playing Mafia!

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:44 pm

@Manders: But the question was of why YOU voted, which didn't occur until after that. :teach: And yeah, you kinda do need me if you expect to lynch Kaze.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:45 pm

How so?

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:03 pm

You'll see.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:12 pm

Nice confirmation bias, Manders. It's okay if you don't like me, though. <3
You'll see.
Explain yourself.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:53 pm

It was such an obviously bad vote I felt that others could see that without me responding. I believe the town's job is to seek out information and ask questions that lead to the elimination of the other town members or the discovery of a scum. Me trying to pin down Spam's role in the event that he is roleplaying (which he obviously is) should not, in and of itself, warrant your vote. The fact that you asked Spam if he was role playing in the first place makes it more strange to me that you would accuse me of rolefishing and then use it as a reason to vote me. I never
said I believe Spam is who he presents himself to be, but I don't see the harm in discussing it.

RE: the bolded portion.

That's such an odd way to phrase that. Why would you say the town's job is primarily to kill off other town and secondarily to catch scum?
In this post, "eliminate" means "to cross off your list of suspects." Read the post again and I think you'll get that.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:13 pm

@Manders: I said "someone", because I was merely talking about what I believe his true intentions were, not about who was going to be lynched, if at all. I guess people drew their own conclusions. Also thank you, I learned a new English word today. :)

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Unvote.
Oh look, we just caught our first scum.
Why so quick to jump on this, GR?
Why do you care? Are you roleplaying?

Third on the wagon.
First impressions:
GR is town.
Kaze, Suga, and imopen2 are scum.
rezombad is noob town.
The rest are null.
Why did you think imopen2 is scum at this point?

UNVOTE
1) I don't believe you.
2) Why didn't you vote for imopen2 in your previous post when you accused him of rolefishing?

Kaze is pinging me..

Unvote
Third and fourth votes...
@Lord_Mcdonalds: What are your reads thus far, if any? What do you think about the current wagon on me.

Don't have any, I don't care for rezombad wagon hopping, bout it.

I don't have one on you yet.

Admittedly, right now a good chunk of the posts so far are just Tom trolling, kind of hard to have reads imo.
So you have no reads. Are you planning on
changing that any time soon?

I really dislike this post from Iso. Completely ignores Kazikame's wagon (arguably the biggest thing that's happened in the game to this point) and deflects attention back to rezombad. Token question to Kamikaze will look real bad if K flips scum.

Liking Nuwen though.
I don't need any reason beyond you using a random number generator to cast your vote. I've caught sooo many scum this way.
Approximate hit percentage of this tactic? I know at least one game you were in where this failed.

On Kazikame - exactly this[/url:
2g0spqz6].

Is this a policy lynch, Iso? Do you actually believe scum Tom Servo would be more likely to not play the game?

Huh, this reads like you're scared. Not sure I've seen this side of you, Iso.

I'd like top 2 scum (other than Kaze) and top 2 town from you with reasoning, please.

Why do you need to wait for the votecount? Surely you knew GR and imopen2 were voting you at the very least. Are they derp or scum?

Point to his towniness, please. Alternatively, point to the scum orchestrators of his wagon.

[quote=&
quot;[url=http://diestoremoval.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=90171#p90171]Fate » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:33 am
"]Unvote:

Wow that was easy[/quote]
Why?

Not really much to go off of here, but here it is. His posts are short and pretty much devoid of any useful information. He's moved his vote twice with no reasoning, merely stating it is "easy." One might ponder what said reasoning is, and why he wouldn't share his reasoning with everyone else. A townie would want their fellow townies on a wagon of someone they think is scum, no? But Fate doesn't bother with that.

Fate is Null-leaning-scum.
I don't like your wording here. I feel like you're forcing a
townie mindset a bit too much. Putting on a show and appealing to the crowd kind of thing. I did this a lot in my first scum game to flip the question back to the townies to see how they ran with it.

Continuing with the wall... Why did you ignore Nuwen's issues with Iso's handling of your wagon? Does that help with your null read here at all? Speaking of which, what is your read on Iso (and why)?

Your assurance really puts my mind at ease. A town/scum list would help even more.

What did you want from him? Where did you get it?

unvote
Elaborate, please. I got that feeling too, at times, but it sounds like you found something much more concrete.
In fact, I wouldn't be opposed to a name soft-claim to lock people into their claim. Who's down?
I don't see what it would accomplish, but I'm not opposed.

... Manders' recaps.
You'll see.
Breadcrumbing already, Iso? A bit early for that, no?

You'll see.
Explain yourself.
Hmm... perhaps I'm wrong that Kazikame and Iso are scum together...

Spammy had some good posting in there too, but nothing I felt the need to comment on. Lord McDonalds and the Colonel need to get involved.

Kijin's Notes!
Kazikame is super scummy and needs to respond to my questions.
Iso is super
scummy and needs to die. And respond to my questions.
Suga and Lord McD's should give me the content I asked for.
I'm willing to trust Manders and Nuwen at the moment, but there are questions.
҉

Nuwen

Postby Nuwen » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Itemized responses for ease-of-access:
  1. I appreciate brevity. The town's worst enemy is a high signal:noise ratio. Fully comprehensive contributions give town more opportunities to indulge irrelevant avenues of play, and scum then have more material for their own case-building.

tldr: "Succinctness is pro-town." Post-by-post analysis includes a high attention opportunity cost, which I think Magic players can conceptually respect. If you give a thousand monkeys a thousand typewriters, eventually they'll all scumtell. People make mistakes.

Manders' posts are a good example of stuff that increases the signal:noise ratio. He is responding to posts that don't directly impact the game. Scum often do this in the early game to participate/engage town and present them with opportunities to fuck up. (see item 3 for more about Manders)

Increasing signal:noise
    isn't strictly a scum tell, however, because underdeveloped players aren't yet sure how to sort out gunk from game. Hopefully this post puts you on the right track. Anyone can miss the forest for a single pretty tree.
  2. Fate's unvote, vote for GR is pro-town. As scum, he doesn't have much motivation to unvote the dominant wagon (Kaze) to chase a peripheral read. He is scum-hunting and confirming town reads along the way. Fate is probably town.
  3. Manders suggested Iso and Kaze are scum buddies.
    I'm going to have to disagree with the bolded and be concerned that you are defending your buddy.

IGMEOY.
    Confirmation bias is possible, but I think this post suggests Manders is looking for superficial CASE MATERIAL and is not PoE town-hunting. You'd have to be pretty
    arrogant and married to your read to be subject to this much conf bias; it's only page 4.
  4. A name claim is spurious. I expect every quality setup to provide scum with reasonable safe/fake-claims, so early reveals only serve to give scum an idea of which powers to nightkill via flavor. See my point about signal:noise horseshit.
  5. Vote: G_R
tangent curtain

Also, are you female? Completely irrelevant, I know, and you can decline to answer, but I'm really curious.
I feel gender-represented by this diagram:

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:26 pm

So many words and I don't know why you voted for me. I guess I'm a wagon now.

Nuwen

Postby Nuwen » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:30 pm

That's right. Don't give 'em a box to stand on.

Fate goes the extra mile and cuts off their shins too.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:32 pm

"Succinctness is pro-town."
Agreed. However, you still need to get your point across. Naked votes are not helpful to activity or reasoning and therefore not helpful to the town. Why are you voting for GR?

Remember that succinctness is pro-scum too. You said yourself that everyone scum slips eventually. Use less words and you can fly under the radar.
҉

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Cool. Now everyone can just post "Vote whomever, easy one" and give no context, and we get a lynch with nothing to look at except the dead body. Sounds useful.

Return to “Completed Games”