The Boondocks Mafia (Town Win)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Mcdonalds » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:34 pm

We should end the Day, or at least get things moving in that direction. Everyone either get on the Kaze wagon or say why you'd rather not.
Wouldn't this be a false dichotomy?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:38 pm

Uh... Either you're voting Kaze or you're not. If you're not, there should be a reason, even if that's simply that you think he's town.
҉

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:06 pm

I have been trying to decide if i should vote for kaze or suga but now fate and newen are acting really strangely, trying to sheep everyone without giving very good reasons. I don't think proxying his vote to someone who randomly asks for it makes suga town, I think it makes him stupid
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:13 pm

Who is sheeping who I made this G_R wagon with my own sweat and blood

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:13 pm

I made the fucking Kaze wagon too which IM TRYING TO DISMANTLE

but scum are just far too happy to have that mislynch

stop being blind people

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:19 pm

Hey Fate. Have you been lurking here a bunch or what? Swooping in 7 minutes after your name is mentioned feels pretty defensive.

Also, it's hard for me to say you've really been "trying" to do much of anything this game. My initial questions to you were specifically about the Kaze wagon and why you left it, yet you still haven't answered them or commented on your reasoning. Basically, if that's what you think you're trying to do, you're not doing a very good job.
҉

Nuwen

Postby Nuwen » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:01 pm

DroppingSuga is voting Kaze because Kaze led the battlecharge against Suga. Town are quick to believe that scum are trying to lynch people (for the same psychological reasons people generally believe they're being persecuted). Scum votes will be divided between these two wagons, obv, because a dichotomy of two town at day's end is most ideal. All other wagons have been quelled.

Fate's reactions mirror mine. Neither of us kiss ass or bother with irrelevant avenues of play.

Also, it's hard for me to say you've really been "trying" to do much of anything this game. My initial questions to you were specifically about the Kaze wagon and why you left it, yet you still haven't answered them or commented on your reasoning.
If verbose
posts full of bullshit constitute "doing stuff." Mafia is not a game that favors dotting every I and crossing every T. Bending over to count ants is a good way to get an axe in the back. This isn't a playstyle difference, this is axiom.

Scum win mafia games by making each day as nonspecific as possible, by attacking town reads of other players, and by rallying players against STUPID instead of SCUMMY. Any player can be stupid. Scum motivation is not the same.
So high, so low, so many things to know.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:03 pm

Except you're kissing Fate's ass right now. Just saying...
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:17 pm

I was going to say it but GR beat me to it

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:31 pm

DroppingSuga is voting Kaze because Kaze led the battlecharge against Suga. Town are quick to believe that scum are trying to lynch people (for the same psychological reasons people generally believe they're being persecuted). Scum votes will be divided between these two wagons, obv, because a dichotomy of two town at day's end is most ideal. All other wagons have been quelled.

Fate's reactions mirror mine. Neither of us kiss ass or bother with irrelevant avenues of play.

Also, it's hard for me to say you've really been "trying" to do much of anything this game. My initial
questions to you were specifically about the Kaze wagon and why you left it, yet you still haven't answered them or commented on your reasoning.
If verbose posts full of bullshit constitute "doing stuff." Mafia is not a game that favors dotting every I and crossing every T. Bending over to count ants is a good way to get an axe in the back. This isn't a playstyle difference, this is axiom.

Scum win mafia games by making each day as nonspecific as possible, by attacking town reads of other players, and by rallying players against STUPID instead of SCUMMY. Any player can be stupid. Scum motivation is not the same.
It's cute that you seem to believe that you know WHY I voted for Kaze. I voted for Kaze because of his erratic behavior and his unwillingness to cooperate with anyone. I don't simply vote for someone because they vote for me or else I would have been going after the guys who are rallying
against me at this point. I stand by my read that Kaze is scum and will keep my votes their until the end of the day phase.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:40 pm

Also, it's hard for me to say you've really been "trying" to do much of anything this game. My initial questions to you were specifically about the Kaze wagon and why you left it, yet you still haven't answered them or commented on your reasoning.
If verbose posts full of bullshit constitute "doing stuff." Mafia is not a game that favors dotting every I and crossing every T. Bending over to count ants is a good way to get an axe in the back. This isn't a playstyle difference, this is axiom.
This isn't a playstyle difference,
this is delusion.

Fate seems to think he's doing all this great stuff, but all I've seen is him trying to bully people into changing their votes without offering a scrap of reason. I'd be up for leaving the Kaze wagon if I believed he's town. Fate calling me blind isn't going to get me there.
҉

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:46 pm

It's cute that you seem to believe that you know WHY I voted for Kaze. I voted for Kaze because of his erratic behavior and his unwillingness to
cooperate with anyone. I don't simply vote for someone because they vote for me or else I would have been going after the guys who are rallying against me at this point. I stand by my read that Kaze is scum and will keep my votes their until the end of the day phase.
I thought you gave up your vote..?

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:26 pm

We should end the Day, or at least get things moving in that direction. Everyone either get on the Kaze wagon or say why you'd rather not.
Why are you making haste? Is there a reason you're trying to draw lines in the sand? I don't see the town motivation here.
I'd like to reiteriate:

vote: Kaze
Good for you.
I have been trying to decide if i should vote for kaze or suga but now fate
and newen are acting really strangely, trying to sheep everyone without giving very good reasons. I don't think proxying his vote to someone who randomly asks for it makes suga town, I think it makes him stupid
But does it make him scummy? Ask yourself that.

(And then realize the answer is yes.)
Who is sheeping who I made this G_R wagon with my own sweat and blood
Ohai, Fate.

MS meta suggests townFate is a rather vociferous poster. Why have you been so lurky this game?
You are buddying so hard.
It's cute that you seem to believe that you know WHY I voted for Kaze. I voted for Kaze because of his erratic behavior and his unwillingness to cooperate with anyone. I don't simply vote for someone because they vote for me or else I would have been going after the guys who are rallying against me at this point. I stand by my read that Kaze is scum and will keep my votes their until the end of the day phase.
Hold the phone.

When you first voted me, you admitted you had no reason, just gut you were going by. When the hell did you contrive this reasoning? How about this, please quote and explain when I was being "erratic and uncooperative" because I don't fucking think you can.
Fate seems to think he's doing all this great stuff, but all I've seen is him trying to bully people into changing their votes without offering a scrap of reason. I'd be up for leaving the Kaze wagon if I believed he's town. Fate calling me blind isn't going to get me there.
So...if Fate is town, I'm town? Where did this come from? Explain what your thought process is here, please.

---

How about those nameclaims?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:40 pm

So...if Fate is town, I'm town? Where did this come from? Explain what your thought process is here, please.
Not sure how you're misreading that, but I'll try to word it differently.

If I believe Kaze to be town, I will get off Kaze's wagon. At the moment, I believe Kaze is scum. Fate
apparently wants me to believe Kaze is town. Rather than use reasoning, Fate calls me blind, which is not very effective.
How about those nameclaims?
Manders, if you're still counting, I am officially against a name claim.
҉

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:45 pm

Are you against the nameclaim because I am for it, Stardust?

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:50 pm

A sudden shift for a minor reason following a change in someone else's opinion. That's something worth noting.
Again, that was incidental.
That's not going to happen.

We're lynching Suga.

Period.

If you don't like that, you'll have to kill me.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:56 pm

A sudden shift for a minor reason following a change in someone else's opinion. That's something worth noting.

We're lynching Suga.

Period.

n
No we're not! I'm not going anywhere gentlemen.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:59 am

We should end the Day, or at least get things moving in that direction. Everyone either get on the Kaze wagon or say why you'd
rather not.

We're lynching Suga.

Period.

No we're not! I'm not going anywhere gentlemen.
lol
unvote vote suga

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:00 am

The train slowly builds...

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:35 am

Why the question mark?
Because I don't know what will be accomplished by claiming names.
Why would you agree to something if you don't know what it will accomplish?
I figured her statement was town motivated. At the time I guessed there was a good reason.

And the explanation she gave makes sense to me at least. That's why I stand by my 'I guess' and will even promote it to a
full 'sure'.

If anyone has a good reason not to though, I'd be happy to hear it. (Being a waste of time is not a good reason to me.)
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:37 am

I don't like any of this post

1) It implies we should either be a) voting for Kaze or b) actively defending him/not voting for him, that those unconvinced (I, and possibly others) need to make a definitive stance on whether he is or is not scum

2) It implies that the only real scum-suspect (or whatever vernacular is prefered) is Kaze, despite decent arguments for others (GR, DroppinSuga, imopen, due note, I do not per se think they are scum, just that arguments have been made regarding them) being thrown around

3) His follow up to this (responding to whether this is a false dichotomy or not) actually
makes me think this is even more so

"Either you're voting Kaze or you're not. If you're not, there should be a reason, even if that's simply that you think he's town"

Again, it presents a scenario that we have to decide whether he is town or not (I'm not convinced of either, Nuwen's arguements from earlier make a pretty compelling case, yet my gut tells me he isn't based on my own experience with a similar situation), not only that, he either a) refuses to admit that it is a false dichotomy, b) doesn't believe that it is or c) has no idea what one is (which I doubt), if he didn't believe it is, he would've elaborated further, yet he didn't, implying that A, he doesn't want to admit to it being one, he's presenting a fairly black and white situation that either a) I feel kaze is scum and thus am voting him or b) I feel that he isn't scum (implying that I believe he is town, least his words do) and thus not voting him.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:52 am

I don't like any of this post

1) It implies we should either be a) voting for Kaze or b) actively defending him/not voting for him, that those unconvinced (I, and possibly others) need to make a definitive stance on whether he is or is not scum

2) It implies that the only real scum-suspect (or whatever vernacular is prefered) is Kaze, despite decent arguments for others (GR, DroppinSuga, imopen, due note, I do not per se think they are
scum, just that arguments have been made regarding them) being thrown around

3) His follow up to this (responding to whether this is a false dichotomy or not) actually makes me think this is even more so

"Either you're voting Kaze or you're not. If you're not, there should be a reason, even if that's simply that you think he's town"

Again, it presents a scenario that we have to decide whether he is town or not (I'm not convinced of either, Nuwen's arguements from earlier make a pretty compelling case, yet my gut tells me he isn't based on my own experience with a similar situation), not only that, he either a) refuses to admit that it is a false dichotomy, b) doesn't believe that it is or c) has no idea what one is (which I doubt), if he didn't believe it is, he would've elaborated further, yet he didn't, implying that A, he doesn't want to admit to it being one, he's presenting a fairly black and white situation that either a) I feel kaze is scum and thus am voting him or b)
I feel that he isn't scum (implying that I believe he is town, least his words do) and thus not voting him.
i do not understand this post. am i the only one? aren't you creating your own false dichotomy here? you seem to be trying to dissect stardust's thought process in a most confusing way

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:02 am

Let's say that's exactly right. What does that mean to you?
҉

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:04 am

i do not understand this post. am i the only one? aren't you creating your own false dichotomy here? you seem to be trying to dissect stardust's thought process in a most confusing way
(dammit not again, should probably stop getting on the internet after working 10+ hours)

Define confusing and what don't you understand

I am not presenting a black and white choice, merely stating that I do not care for stardust doing so.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:09 am

You'd probably understand it if you weren't so fucking blown all the time.
Let's say that's exactly right. What does that mean to you?
That means to
me that you are possibly retarded.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:20 am

:stupid:

By the way, I like this new and improved Lord McD's. Keep it up.
҉

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:44 am

:stupid:

By the way, I like this new and improved Lord McD's. Keep it up.
I'll try not too ;)

Tom Servo
Tire Aficionado

Postby Tom Servo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:50 am

Oh look, a bunch of stuff I don't plan on reading happened.
Thong.jpg
Eric, Ren and Jensen were activists
Heads loaded with theory, their hearts are filled with passion
Shared the same left wing politics
Liked the same music, they were part of the protest movement
Now, Anna presented herself as a feminist
Studied the way they talked and dressed
Fashioned herself an anarchist
Eric fell in love with Anna at the meeting of the crime think conference
He didn't know it but Anna was an FBI informant

Tom Servo
Tire Aficionado

Postby Tom Servo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:05 am

Fuck art, let's dance!

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:18 am

I'm reconsidering Tom as an option for toDay's lynch.

/barn LMD
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Tom Servo
Tire Aficionado

Postby Tom Servo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:25 am

I'm reconsidering Tom as an option for toDay's lynch.

/barn LMD
fabulous.jpg

ganderin_dan

Postby ganderin_dan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:46 am

Votecount tomorrow, watch this space.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:58 pm

I'm starting to come around to Lord McDonalds.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:00 pm

Thong.jpg
:flame:

Tom Servo
Tire Aficionado

Postby Tom Servo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:55 pm

Problem?
Thong.jpg
:flame:

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:11 pm

am I in the right thread?

What the fuck is going on here

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Also this is a different site, comparing my MS meta to here is pretty silly. Over there I say things and they get listened to, so you can see why I'm less interested in saying things here

Like I said before, after a couple flips of me being right you'll all come around to listening to me and then I'll lead you sad fucks to victory

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm ok with waiting for those potential future flips of you being right instead of sheepishly following your unsubstanciated one liners
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Tom Servo
Tire Aficionado

Postby Tom Servo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:30 pm

am I in the right thread?

What the fuck is going on here
blueman.jpg
blueman.jpg (8.46 KiB) Viewed 8636 times

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:50 pm

:facepalm:

Who let Tom Servo out of his cage anyway?

Let's get back on track here. Has Kaze been lynched yet? Why not?

Nuwen, don't you say a word.
҉

Return to “Completed Games”