Checkbox Mafia - Day 3 (Abandoned)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:51 pm

So, you apparently have evidence and reason to find imopen scummy and...you won't share your reasoning with the town.

...kay.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Hey guys, I'll be trying to catch up tonight.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Slowpoke

Postby Slowpoke » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:41 pm

So, you apparently have evidence and reason to find imopen scummy and...you won't share your reasoning with the town.

...kay.
Never said I wouldn't share (the evidence is there, I just don't want to point it out just yet). Also I'm not sure you're town, so I'm not going to handhold you through it at the moment.

You've done nothing but OMGUS your wagon; it seemed genuine townie at first, but the fact that you haven't given it up for legitimate scumhunting yet does you no favors.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:42 pm

@imopen: I wanted to see how you'd react, and you did NOT disappoint.
Care to share with those of us following along at home?
I'd like to see you do some scumhunting of your own first.
Saying people are scum for "reasons" and then keeping them a secret is not scumhunting. It's fine once in a while but this is the second time just toDay that you've done this.
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Slowpoke

Postby Slowpoke » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:45 pm

My Iso vote was RVS. My vote on you is not.

Slowpoke

Postby Slowpoke » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Well, it wasn't "random", persay - but I did not vote him because I thought he was scummy and wanted him lynched.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:56 pm

Well, it wasn't "random", persay - but I did not vote him because I thought he was scummy and wanted him lynched.
How am I supposed to know that? What is the point of this game if we take people's word on whether they were serious or not? What is scummy about me questioning you? I maintain that the votes following and including Rezombad's did not seem to be in the spirit of RVS. I'm not saying that makes all of you scum, but the idea that you guys can place 3rd, 4th, and (almost) 5th votes on people and then simply claim "RVS" is silly to me. I will read the article that kaze posted when I am not at work and perhaps it will change my mind, but that's how I see things right now.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:03 pm

So Kaze,

All you've done is vote iso, call for a mass nameclaim, accost cm for not wanting to nameclaim, admit you didnt have a reason for voting iso, call cm bad, wifom, omgus cm, admit you didnt have a reason for voting iso again, ask iso to 'Please explain to me what my motivation as scum could possibly be for admitting to sheeping the wagon.', say you randomly join wagons all the time, say you are different because MS, question the number of votes on you, agree with CP that you havn't been analyzing anything, give stardust a thumbsup for changing his mind about a nameclaim and then thunbsdown when he changes his mind back to not wanting to claim, argue with imopen, argue with cm, say you're not scum, call everyone that voted for you scum, and then actually start contributing by questioning slowpoke about his calling imopen scum.

That's just my major summary, just what I see, I'm sure you'll find something to
argue about.

So..

Do you honestly think your posts have been pro town? As far as I can tell, you havn't been scumhunting or attempting to gather information for the town and even admitted as such earlier.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:07 pm

I misspoke: Initially stardust was pro-claim, but at a later point. In my post I indicated that he was against the name claim initially.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:15 pm

So Kaze,

All you've done is vote iso, call for a mass nameclaim, accost cm for not wanting to nameclaim, admit you didnt have a reason for voting iso, call cm bad, wifom, omgus cm, admit you didnt have a reason for voting iso again, ask iso to 'Please explain to me what my motivation as scum could possibly be for admitting to sheeping the wagon.', say you randomly join wagons all the time, say you are different because MS, question the number of votes on you, agree with CP that you havn't been analyzing anything, give stardust a thumbsup for changing his mind about a nameclaim and then thunbsdown when he changes his mind back to not wanting to claim, argue with imopen, argue with cm, say you're not scum, call everyone that voted for you scum, and then actually
start contributing by questioning slowpoke about his calling imopen scum.

That's just my major summary, just what I see, I'm sure you'll find something to argue about.

So..

Do you honestly think your posts have been pro town? As far as I can tell, you havn't been scumhunting or attempting to gather information for the town and even admitted as such earlier.
Mafia is a game of nuances. What you see and what is happening aren't always aligned.

Have I been pro town? Yes. Have I played fantastically this game thus far? Probably not. But I am doing alright.

Analysis can come later. Things are just starting to happen!

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:40 pm

My problem with your 'nuance' is that you've been calling people that call your anti-town posts scummy, scum. The supplemental reading you linked even says that your posts have not been pro-town.

some choice excepts:

"asking questions is scumhunting, discussing relevant things is scum hunting, and any action you take which might give you a clearer indication of the alignment of any player is scumhunting"

" In order to force information into the light, the town must be as non random as possible, they must attack leads, ask questions, and create situations that bring information to light. "

"A good town player never accepts the excuse “it was in the RVS, so it doesn’t matter!”"

it does say you want to get out of rvs as fast as possible, but in order to do that you must "Create as much information as quickly as possible". your vote on iso didn't add anything to the game.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:09 pm

My problem with your 'nuance' is that you've been calling people that call your anti-town posts scummy, scum. The supplemental reading you linked even says that your posts have not been pro-town.

some choice excepts:

"asking questions is scumhunting, discussing relevant things is scum hunting, and any action you take which might give you a clearer indication of the alignment of any player is scumhunting"

" In order to force information into the light, the town must be as non random as possible, they must attack leads, ask questions, and create situations that bring information to light. "

"A good town player never accepts the excuse “it was in the RVS, so it doesn’t matter!”"

it does say you want to get out of rvs as
fast as possible, but in order to do that you must "Create as much information as quickly as possible". your vote on iso didn't add anything to the game.
Yea, I just read it and was coming here to quote the part about never accepting RVS as an excuse. I agree that getting out of RVS ASAP should be the town's goal. I think Rezombad had already accomplished that and I'm pretty sure at least one of the three other votes on iso are scum. I'm leaning towards kaze or slowpoke

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:40 pm

That's fair, and I'm not arguing such.

Lynch me if you want, but you'll be disappointed.

In all honesty I've been having hectic times and have been phoneposting so there's been little opportunity for me to do some deep analysis lately even if I wanted to.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:43 pm

So, keep your pants in the on position, basically.

But if you're scum, feel free to keep pushing my wagon. It certainly is the easiest mislynch today. <3

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:00 pm

I just want to say that while I don't really feel scum-vibes from Kaze, I can't label him as town either.
It's just that I can understand his state of mind after following other posts from him in Bioshock (same goes for Stardust's hiatus), but being able to understand one's frustration and reading his alignment are two different things.

Kaze: keep your shit together and try to come up with some kind of read of the situation rather than being so condescending.

With that said, I want to hear what Void wants to tell us.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Please don't reference ongoing games.

Slowpoke

Postby Slowpoke » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:08 pm

your vote on iso didn't add anything to the game.
uh... what?

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:17 am

Please don't reference ongoing games.
Fuck me I'm stupid.

I wasn't even trying to find any comparison between the two games, I was just referencing the flow of your latest posts, duh.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:19 am

I just want to say that while I don't really feel scum-vibes from Kaze, I can't label him as town either.
It's just that I can understand his state of mind after following other posts from him in Bioshock (same goes for Stardust's hiatus), but being able to understand one's frustration and reading his alignment are two different things.

Kaze: keep your shit together and try to come up with some kind of read of the situation rather than being so condescending.

With that said, I want to hear what Void wants to tell us.
To echo Kaze, Mod wwarning to everyone: do not reference ongoing games, period.

Wheat_Grinder
Newcomer

Postby Wheat_Grinder » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:00 am

This week might go down as one of the busiest weeks of my entire life.

God I sure HOPE no other weeks of my life will be this busy.

V/LA until the 6th of November

And if I get enough time for mafia in that timeframe it is going to go completely to another game, probably. Sorry.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:20 am

k hi catching up now
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:53 am

^ Dumb post

@Mod: I'll be V/LA for a few days to catch up on real life because everyone and their mother wants me to do things for them on my days off (which I haven't had in a week). I'll post when I'm done with my other obligations.
Why is it dumb? I didn't want to put kaze at L-2 (he has 4 votes on him atm) and give the scum any extra information without him answering me first.
"I appreciate that you're trying to be less unpleasant to play with, but you're scum because you're trying to be less unpleasant to play with."

I'm
pretty sure this is almost exactly the argument that Thor used against me in Crosstown #1. He was scum. I was town.

Unvote, Vote imopen
Dude Kaze did you have a reason to jump on that wagon or not.
My only reason was because RVS wagons. It's what I do.

I appreciate your attempts to not be abrasive since you always seem scummy in my mind based on your playstyle, but the fact that you are not being abrasive so far and still seem scummy is telling. I'm going to hold my
vote since I'm not sure what the vote count is and I'm in a rush but I'd like to know what the town motivation is for voting a wagon for no reason.
Getting out of RVS as soon as possible is beneficial for town. That's why I always hop on/push RVS wagons. They're great for getting out of RVS.

Funny thing is, it totally worked. :thumbsup:

Just not how I expected. :thumbsdown:
This is a town response.
^ Dumb post

@Mod:[
/b] I'll be V/LA for a few days to catch up on real life because everyone and their mother wants me to do things for them on my days off (which I haven't had in a week). I'll post when I'm done with my other obligations.

Hey Iso when you come back answer my questions and stuff <3

no

Dude Kaze did you have a reason to jump on that wagon or not.

My only reason was because RVS wagons. It's what I do.

I appreciate your attempts to not be abrasive since you always seem scummy in my mind based on your playstyle, but the fact that you are not being abrasive so far and still seem scummy is telling. I'm going to hold my vote since I'm not sure what the vote count is and I'm in a rush but I'd like to know what the town motivation is for voting a wagon for no reason.

Getting out of RVS as soon as possible is beneficial for town. That's why I always hop on/push RVS wagons. They're great for getting out of RVS.

Funny thing is, it totally worked. :thumbsup:

Just not how I expected. :thumbsdown:

You didn't expect that jumping on a wagon for
no reason other than "getting out of rvs" would get you heat? I don't buy that. I'm ready to see a claim.

Vote, Kaze

This guy is so scum.

Kill it with fire.

-

Wheat I only had one post on page 3 what

-

rez I wasn't up to anything, I was just doing RVS things.

-

Slowpoke is probably also scum for jumping from the Iso wagon to the Kaze wagon.

-

I like Cursed_Pride

-

hi wheat void is town

-

It wasn't a random wagon, it was the first wagon. And you don't need reasoning in RVS.

You're being obtuse on purpose.

Unvote: Iso

Vote: Captain Murphy[/b:
3ctrvbvp]

Actually, the more I read Kaze's posts, the more I feel he is telling the truth. Which leads me to now look at CM, Iso and rezombad for voting him. Gut says Iso right now.

laughed at this because I feel like this is a pre-emptive attempt at deflecting pressure after what Pride said about Slowpoke.

I voted Iso because reasons, I just didn't feel like sharing those reasons.

And those reasons are...?

As always, Stardust is too eager to "clear" Iso... and we all know how that ended up last time. I'll be watching you, Dusty.

Last time it ended up with Stardust being scum and buddying to me and then retracting his "clear" on me for convenience to setup my mislynch.

Did everyone seriously take RVS votes as serious this game? I guess that's one way to get out of RVS... But it also plays to the scum's agenda of keeping us at each other's throats without doing actual scum hunting. Keep that in mind everyone.

Hello, fellow medium-sized creature. It sure is good to be medium-sized on this Day.

-

imopen's case is bad and he should feel bad

-

I need to take a break from this game for a bit. I can't think about mafia without raging at the moment. I'll be back later in the week.

I'm not that bad, am I? :(

Murphy is Scum for opportunistic jump onto Kaze. What Kaze did does not make sense from a Scum perspective. The risk vs reward for Scum is not favorable for them. If Kaze is Scum, then he is one of the braver Mafia players I have seen.

Murphy, your game has gotten weak.

I will post later today should I find the time too do so.

Does that make me scum, too? :o

Unvote

Vote: imopen2

BUS FIGHT

This is a total bus.

They're both scum.

[quote="Slowpoke » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:45 pm":
3ctrvbvp]My Iso vote was RVS. My vote on you is not.[/quote]

I thought you had "reasons"? What happened? :isthatso:

Riiight...

-

@Kaze: You don't think we can analyze the wagons that sprung up already?
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:17 am

@Iso: I don't believe I ever said that.

What do you think about CM?

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:16 am

Okay, fair enough, I misread something.

CM hasn't really been pinging me. I think his push on you was dumb but not indicative of alignment in how he went about it.

I want imopen and Slowpoke to die.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:15 pm

imopen is a problem, the tunneling is what worries me. Slowpoke is actually hunting to an extent

@Cursed, who do you think is scum?
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:54 pm

imopen is a problem, the tunneling is what worries me. Slowpoke is actually hunting to an extent

@Cursed, who do you think is scum?
What tunneling? Me, slowpoke, and kaze are basically the only people posting consistently and after I brought my case ive simply been addressing things that others posted. I would love to see what other people have to say about slowpoke.

Slowpoke

Postby Slowpoke » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:08 pm

@Iso: My initial vote on you was just because I don't like your first posts. I also wanted to see everyone react to the additional pressure despite it being an RVS vote; we all clearly got some great information from that wagon. :shrug:

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:27 pm

@Iso: My initial vote on you was just because I don't like your first posts. I also wanted to see everyone react to the additional pressure despite it being an RVS vote; we all clearly got some great information from that wagon. :shrug:
What information did you get from it?

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:15 pm

CM hasn't really been pinging me. I think his push on you was dumb but not indicative of alignment in how he went about it.

You really don't think CM's push and subsequent straw man argument were scummy? It looks completely different from his other games.

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:34 pm

What other games are you referring to?
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:38 pm

I don't believe I was speaking to you.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:39 pm

But you'd think I'd be referring to the town games you've played on this site.

/inb4metadoesntworkonmelololol

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:04 pm

Hold on a second, Iso. Before your V/LA you voted me and pushed my wagon, calling for my death because of my RVS wagon jump. I had made it perfectly clear at the time that I jumped RVS wagons to end RVS on the regular, but you voted me anyway. Now you're changing your mind?

I'm expecting some sort of "Your subsequent posts look townie enough to me" response but that doesn't change the fact that you've changed your mind on me despite the information on your original reason remaining unchanged. Putting myself in your mindset, an adept player like you can spot intent, I'm sure. So you must have known what I was getting at even before I stated my reasoning. But the vote on me stuck, even through your V/LA. You must have been quite sure about scumKaze, yes?

But now? It looks like you're changing your position on me now for no other reason than because it looks like my wagon is losing steam.

Unvote: CM, Vote: Iso

Void

Postby Void » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Hold on a second, Iso. Before your V/LA you voted me and pushed my wagon, calling for my death because of my RVS wagon jump. I had made it perfectly clear at the time that I jumped RVS wagons to end RVS on the regular, but you voted me anyway. Now you're changing your mind?

I'm expecting some sort of "Your subsequent posts look townie enough to me" response but that doesn't change the fact that you've changed your mind on me despite the information on your original reason remaining unchanged. Putting myself in your mindset, an adept player like you can spot intent, I'm sure. So you must have known what I was getting at even before I stated my reasoning. But the vote on me stuck, even through your V/LA. You must have been quite sure
about scumKaze, yes?

But now? It looks like you're changing your position on me now for no other reason than because it looks like my wagon is losing steam.

Unvote: CM, Vote: Iso
This is a normal Iso tactic that has no bearing on his alignment. Please reference the Iso handbook. :rolleyes:

Bad votes are bad.

@Iso: I've gotten a lot better at reading you and you have also posted more content then Murphy.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:25 pm

You really don't think CM's push and subsequent straw man argument were scummy? It looks completely different from his other games.
Not necessarily scum, just dumb. I've seen pf reaaaally reach as town, before - Peso del Grande and Deitriptychos are two examples to my recollection.

I'm expecting some sort of "Your subsequent posts look townie enough to me" response but that doesn't change the fact that you've changed your mind on me despite the information on your original reason remaining unchanged. Putting myself in your mindset, an adept player like you can spot intent, I'm sure. So you must have known what I was getting at even before I stated my reasoning. But the vote on me stuck, even through your V/LA. You must have been quite sure about scumKaze, yes?

Unvote:
CM, Vote: Iso
Weak. I left my vote on you because I was pretty sure you were scum, but I liked your respo-ahem..."your subsequent posts look townie enough to me". ;) Why would I remove momentum from the push on you when I thought you were scum at the time and wanted to gather more information from your wagon for when I came back? I had no issue with seeing you lynched, and now I do take issue - additionally, imopen's push on you reads really fucking sketchy to me, and that guy's scum, so that's another thing that made me want to back off of your wagon. But as it is, there was no sense in having my vote nowhere, as that doesn't net any information for us. Wagon speed, timing, and opportunism are all easier to gauge when a wagon runs its natural course.
@Iso: I've gotten a lot better at reading you and you have also posted more content then Murphy.
So what I did was scummy, but my posts aside from that have been townie enough? Or are you saying it's null?
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:56 pm

Fuck you, Iso.

Unvote

At least I got my obligatory "accuse Iso of being scum" post out of the way.

Still not sure how imopen is scummier than CM. I'll look back a bit later.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Damn it, I broke. I was trying not to curse this game. D:

This is your brain on Iso.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:41 pm

This is why we can't have nice things.

ISO: Not even once.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Wheat_Grinder
Newcomer

Postby Wheat_Grinder » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:53 pm

I don't believe I was speaking to you.
I laughed incredibly hard at this.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:17 am

thank you for your contribution
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Return to “Completed Games”