WePick Mafia (roflstomp)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby RedNihilist » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:42 pm

Well ham, just tell us which team you're in...

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:37 pm

Damn Red, I did not actually call you anything. Never seen Jeff Dunham with Walter? You are a little whinny this game. I call myself names all the time, but not you. The break down you did was nice, but who starts an investigation with "time to pull some strings". That is really weird, and does not match an investigative mindset. Are you the werewolf? A controller would only use such a idiom without consideration.
Stop thinking 'murica as the center of the world. For starters, I had to google who this Dunham guy is, and I don't think that language-hunting in a game with
foreign players will get you anywhere.
I don't understand your last sentence.
Don't understand what 'murica means, but I am near the center the of the universe orbiting around Redthirst.

How sad about not knowing about Jeff Dunham. Some find him hilarious and others not so much. Regardless, it is good to learn knew things even though you are in another country. I am forced in many other forums to learn stuff about their countries to convey messages. Should not be a big deal for you.

I suspect you are scum or werewolf because "pulling the strings" could be considered acting as the controller of a marionette. Specifically, you could be scum day talking with DK cause that opening sentence just does not make sense when in conjunction with the following comments or questions. DK could be an individual voter that thinks you are scum or he is in your scum team where you are the scum leader perhaps? I think scum vote parked on you early game and it back fired.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
Commander- Kaalia (Dega) and Nekusar (Grixis)
Modern- UB Faeries and Splinter Twin
Standard- Mono-black Devotion
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:45 pm

Damn Red, I did not actually call you anything. Never seen Jeff Dunham with Walter? You are a little whinny this game. I call myself names all the time, but not you. The break down you did was nice, but who starts an investigation with "time to pull some strings". That is really weird, and does not match an investigative mindset. Are you the werewolf? A controller would only use such a idiom without consideration.
nStop thinking 'murica as the center of the world. For starters, I had to google who this Dunham guy is, and I don't think that language-hunting in a game with foreign players will get you anywhere.
Don't understand what 'murica means, but I am near the center the of the universe orbiting around Redthirst.

How sad about not knowing about Jeff Dunham. Some find him hilarious and others not so much. Regardless, it is good to learn knew things even though you are in another country. I am forced in many other forums to learn stuff about their countries to convey messages. Should not be a big deal for you.

I suspect you are scum or werewolf because "pulling the strings" could be considered acting as the controller of a marionette. Specifically, you could be scum day talking with DK cause that opening sentence just does not make sense when in conjunction with the following comments or questions. DK could be
an individual voter that thinks you are scum or he is in your scum team where you are the scum leader perhaps? I think scum vote parked on you early game and it back fired.
...or tying up one's shoes.
Well, have fun with your usual language-flavor-whatever gaming while we try to play Mafia here.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:48 pm

I just realized what 'murica means. America slang. You obviously cannot take a joke and revert to discriminatory attacks with no basis. I was going to reconsider your joke, but now you just pissed me off. You are upset at being lynched day 1 and I can understand that, but your responses are beyond OMGussing now without any real counter scum hunting. DK is an easy target to put pressure on. Why not question the others on your wagon?

1. Was unaware of wagon status till Stardust informed him.
2. Over responds to reads that he disagrees with.
3. Chooses DK to put counter pressure on, but ignores the big players (kaze and others)
4. Uses an opening sentence to a read that does not make sense when investigating another player voting him.
5. Discriminatory attacks not related to the challenge when called out on the sentence.

Yeh, I am not moving my vote.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:51 pm

Damn Red, I did not actually call you anything. Never seen Jeff Dunham with Walter? You are a little whinny this game. I call myself names all the time, but not you. The break down you did was nice, but who starts an investigation with "time to pull some strings". That is
really weird, and does not match an investigative mindset. Are you the werewolf? A controller would only use such a idiom without consideration.
Stop thinking 'murica as the center of the world. For starters, I had to google who this Dunham guy is, and I don't think that language-hunting in a game with foreign players will get you anywhere.

I suspect you are scum or werewolf because "pulling the strings" could be considered acting as the controller of a marionette. Specifically,
you could be scum day talking with DK cause that opening sentence just does not make sense when in conjunction with the following comments or questions. DK could be an individual voter that thinks you are scum or he is in your scum team where you are the scum leader perhaps? I think scum vote parked on you early game and it back fired.
...or tying up one's shoes.
Well, have fun with your usual language-flavor-whatever gaming while we try to play Mafia here.
Awesome....More evidence to add to the pile. Here in mafia, you don't have the right to remain silent and everything you say will be used against you.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:09 pm

/ignore

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:04 am

Unvote
Answer these questions

seriously

answer them:

Why don't you want a claim?

What is the point of asking for the combo he asked for?
Well, I figure it's too early for him to be comfortable giving a full claim. Asking for that combination gives us information he'd be wiling to share and since we know the rules of the set up, we could expect one of the two to be true. It helps by getting information.
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:45 am

this is foolish. unvote red now
Scared?
anyways...I don't like how hard kaze is pushing this wagon and I don't like that stardust is /barning him off no evidence
It's like you're new to the game or something.
Jeez, Red, why are you so annoyed
with Wraith? He seems pretty harmless. Ignoring him in a game of mafia seems counterproductive to an extreme.

Unless he's on your team and this is distancing.

:sherlock:
I should know already why I'm annoyed with his attitude, as I find his spam stupid and detrimental to town.
And I *hope* he knows that as well because otherwise that would put him on a whole new level of stupid, so I have to consider him a troll that just WANT to be annoying for the sake of it in order to actually showing some kind of respect to him.

I'm actually also quite unhappy with the way you're encouraging him in his silliness, but I still like more the way you've started this game rather than the way you played other games, with snarky lurking and shit.

-

So you're thinking that he could be "distancing" from me by putting me at L-1 before any kind of content being generated?
That
would be stupid from, SO I can't disprove this hypothesis I guess.
Hmm.
Please be serious, you've just started this mess on a totally arbitrary call and that's fine I guess since this is mafia and BLAHBLAHBLAH so I guess that start pressuring people is something that's bound to happen before you're the one getting grilled, huh?
Yet, calling me out on trying to generate something before some abrupt lynch during my office time is senseless, go talk with my boss and ask him to relax my schedule a bit if you want some better posts next time, ktnxbye.

Also, my avatar comes from a great game and you're an awful person for not knowing it.
The binding of Isaac, right? I didn't say I didn't know it.

But I'm starting to think I may be wrong. I'm getting townie indignation from you, I think.

[
quote="Dechs Kaison » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:55 am"]Those are actually very fair points.

But guess what; I'm screwed either way now. If I just rescind the vote again, then I look even worse. I have to commit to something, somewhere, so how about this. Give me something and I'll pull my vote. I don't want a full claim, I just want to know what role and alignment combo you asked for.[/quote]
Shouldn't you be caring more about catching scum than looking good?
DK, on the other hand seems extraordinarily careful, which I've learned could be a scum tell by cruising the MS wiki.

:sherlock:
Wikitells
for the wins? But you're right. Think he's scum with Red?
How do you know you're not on red's team? Scumslip?
Wow.

You serious?
I just realized what 'murica means. America slang. You obviously cannot take a joke and revert to discriminatory attacks with no basis. I was going to reconsider your joke, but now you just pissed me off. You are upset at being lynched day 1 and I can understand that, but your responses are beyond OMGussing now without any real counter scum hunting. DK is an easy target to put pressure on. Why not question the others on your wagon?

1. Was unaware of wagon status till Stardust informed him.
2. Over responds to reads that he
disagrees with.
3. Chooses DK to put counter pressure on, but ignores the big players (kaze and others)
4. Uses an opening sentence to a read that does not make sense when investigating another player voting him.
5. Discriminatory attacks not related to the challenge when called out on the sentence.

Yeh, I am not moving my vote.
I sense confirmation bias here.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:46 am

Wraith is town and I'll probably WhiteKnight him to the death.

imopen is leaning town but derping hard.

Red and DK are my current picks for scum.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:49 am

If anyone's derping hard, it's me. I literally have no idea what to do. Kaze tells me to vote Red, so I do. Then Kaze says "hey, you just put him at L-1" and I'm like, "oh shit, really?" So then Kaze says "oh, so you weren't serious when you voted?" and I'm like, "well, yeah, I just didn't realize he had so many votes."

I'm very confused and you're the one messing with me Kaze. So fuck off. I'm going to listen to anyone else from now on.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:50 am

Oh, and I'm careful because I have a legit useful to town power role and I'd like to use it at least once before I get hanged. I rigged my choices so I couldn't be a vanilla townie.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:53 am

But yeah, I'm the least experienced player here, so... go ahead and lynch me. You'll lose a great power role but not a player who'd probably use it well enough anyway, and you'll get a wagon to analyze.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:59 pm

But yeah, I'm the least experienced player here, so... go ahead and lynch me. You'll lose a great power role but not a player who'd probably use it well enough anyway, and you'll get a wagon to analyze.
Some friendly advice....Stand your ground. Scum hunt and try to follow one trail unless new evidence or scum slips appear. For all we know, Imopen2 could be scum buddies with Red. I am not asking you to re-vote Red, but go back and analyze everything he said and post reasons why he is Town and Scum. A pro and con list for example. Make a decision on that material, not what others say.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:13 pm

Oh, and I'm careful because I have a legit useful to town power role and I'd like to use it at least once before I get hanged. I rigged my choices so I couldn't be a vanilla townie.
But you could be vanilla scum :kappa:

Sorry for disappearing over the weekend, long fucking Friday/Saturday and the website wouldn't load yesterday

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:14 pm

Unvote

Vote: Ham

Die, scum.
Lovely wifom

Smells of Pinot Grigio

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:03 pm

I have no idea what you guys are talking about but I don't think I'm the one who is derping. Ham couldn't possibly know if red is on his team or not unless he is a non-town alignment with a factional chat or has designed some sort of factional cop that he can use pregame. What seems more likely?

Also, why would I be scared? I'm town as fuck and have no interest in your wagon fishing. You nearly got red killed and I am 90% sure he's town. You go and say maybe red is town, and then mention him as likely scum later in the same post.
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:04 pm

Unvote

Vote: Ham

Die, scum.
Lovely wifom

Smells of Pinot Grigio
Huh?

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:28 pm

Wine in front of me

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:35 pm

Why would you ask such a leading question, for that matter it's trying way to hard to be paranoid?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:05 am

:argh: NOU!

I'm not scum, and I know Red's not on my team because reasons.
elaborate
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:04 am

elaborate
nah

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:36 am

VC 1.3

Red (3) - Kaze, Stardust, Wraith
Dechs (3) - rezombad, Red, ham
ham (1) - imopen
Not Voting (2) - LMD, Dechs

9 alive, 5 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, July 12th at 5:30 PM Eastern.
Stardust is V/LA until Wednesday, July 2nd.

---

- VC 1.2 has been edited; I forgot to remove an Unvote.
- A 48-hour extension has been granted due to site downtime. Anyone who would be up for prod in the next few days will also have an additional 48 hours to post to account for this.
- Votecounts have been added to the OP for convenience, they will be added every few VCs or so.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know if you're being lied to?

The answer? Use a gun. And if that don't work... use more gun.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:43 am

If anyone's derping hard, it's me. I literally have no idea what to do. Kaze tells me to vote Red, so I do. Then Kaze says "hey, you just put him at L-1" and I'm like, "oh shit, really?" So then Kaze says "oh, so you weren't serious when you voted?" and I'm like, "well, yeah, I just didn't realize he had so many votes."

I'm very confused and you're the one messing with me Kaze. So fuck off. I'm going to listen to anyone else from now on.
Listening to anyone else is a terrible idea!

I mean, were you serious or weren't you?
But
yeah, I'm the least experienced player here, so... go ahead and lynch me. You'll lose a great power role but not a player who'd probably use it well enough anyway, and you'll get a wagon to analyze.
Gross.
I have no idea what you guys are talking about but I don't think I'm the one who is derping. Ham couldn't possibly know if red is on his team or not unless he is a non-town alignment with a factional chat or has designed some sort of factional cop that he can use pregame. What seems more likely?

Also, why would I be scared? I'm town as fuck and have no interest in your wagon fishing. You nearly got red killed and I am 90% sure he's town. You go and say maybe red is town, and then mention him as likely scum later in the same post.
This is to me, yeah?

I'm pretty sure you're the one derping. This
thing you seem to think is a thing isn't a thing.

And I'd like your reasoning for townRed. I never said he was maybe town - I said his outburst sounded like townie indignation. It's not enough to absolve the scumread.

elaborate
nah
This is odd but not necessarily in a bad way I think.

Can you give us a little more, ham? Not enough to compromise whatever plan you have going but
enough so I can not be worried.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:55 am

elaborate
nah
unvote
vote hamfactorial
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:41 pm

Kaze, I'm not afraid of you, and I won't let you railroad people.

Red has done nothing scummy to this point. He got upset at being wagoned for no reason. He got annoyed with wraith for being unhelpful as usual. He made a decent case of dechs at this early stage.

Now can you tell me why you're town? So far you've started a wagon on a townie and handwaved a scumslip

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:24 pm

Red has done nothing scummy to this point. He got upset at being wagoned for no reason. He got annoyed with wraith for being unhelpful as usual. He made a decent case of dechs at this early stage.

Now can you tell me why you're town? So far you've started a wagon on a townie and handwaved a scumslip
I'll "railroad" whomever the fuck I want if I smell scum. Red HAS been scummy, and obviously I'm not the only one who thinks so or HIS WAGON WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A THING.

Why should I be concerned with towning it up? If you think I'm scum, then vote me.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:26 pm

The way you keep saying "I'm not afraid of you" makes me think you are, in fact, afraid of me. :ohdear:

You've nothing to fear from me so long as you're town. ^_^

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:31 pm

I like this kaze guy, real upfront and shit

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:25 am

elaborate
nah
unvote
vote hamfactorial
I don't buy it. If he was scum, there's
no way he'd be dumb enough to slip like this. You can't even say WIFOM to it, because it's a terrible gambit.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:29 am

This game is awesome. See you guys tomorrow!

Unvote, Vote Dechs.
҉

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:32 am

I'll "railroad" whomever the fuck I want if I smell scum. Red HAS been scummy, and obviously I'm not the only one who thinks so or HIS WAGON WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A THING.
His wagon was you
pouncing on an early nonsense comment, Stardust barning and bailing on V/LA. Then Wraith piled on when Red got testy with him, but at the root of it, it's a personal issue. I bounced back and forth because I'm literally the town idiot.

You're pushing pretty hard for a wagon that has damn little supporting it.
Why should I be concerned with towning it up? If you think I'm scum, then vote me.
I think I will.

Vote Kazekiwhatever

Also:

V/LA - I'm about to begin the long trip home across 13 time zones. I have to get on a bus for the airport, then a 12 hour flight followed by a 2 hour flight. I don't have much layover time. My next opportunity to post will be after about 9 PM EDT, but I doubt I'll be feeling like playing mafia. Expect to see me sometime Thursday morning.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:33 am

You're pushing pretty hard for a wagon that has damn little supporting it.
And that's scummy how, exactly?

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:34 am

Because you're pushing for a mislynch.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:35 am

You're not scumhunting. You're not paying attention to what everyone else is saying. You're tunneling at best and scum at worst.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:36 am

So I'm at four votes, I guess I should claim something.

Vanilla town with a two shot ability that is a perfectly reliable investigative power.

Like I said, though, I probably have no idea how to use it best. So, yeah. Go on. Hang me.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:38 am

Red's wagon already fell apart, Kaze, and your scum buddy Stardust already jumped on me and decided to dust off (Haha, get it? Stardust? Dust off?).

What are you waiting for? Hang me you scummy son of a bitch.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:41 am

Alright, leaving for real now. Gotta pack my shit up and make scarce. See you guys in Thursday morning EDT if I'm still alive by then.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:48 am

You're not scumhunting. You're not paying attention to what everyone else is saying. You're tunneling at best and scum at worst.
I forget this is probably the first time you've played with me.

Hi, I'm Kaze. I tunnel the ever-loving fuck out of my scumreads.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:48 am

Because you're pushing for a mislynch.
Erm.

How do you know with confidence that Red is a mislynch?

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:49 am

Red's wagon already fell apart, Kaze, and your scum buddy Stardust already jumped on me and decided to dust off (Haha, get it? Stardust? Dust off?).

What are you waiting for? Hang me you scummy son of a bitch.
My vote's still on you, right?

Yeah.

Cool.

Return to “Completed Games”