WePick Mafia (roflstomp)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:51 am

I don't get why DK is so afraid of me lynching Red when I'm voting him and not Red~

The very implication of Red being scum that upsetting to you?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:07 am

Is Dechs really at 4 votes?

Unvote. Better at least read the game before we lynch the guy.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:55 pm

RedNihilist - get randomlynched as usual.
Red, why did you write this? You getting lynched is definitely not usual.
He asked you for your role. That is a scum tell with most. DK being durp newb needs to be considered null and void. 1st game allows for durpness, but second game is where you don't drop the soap.
I'm not sure you remember your second game...
So here's the thing, I didn't
ask for his role. I asked which role he chose. That doesn't tell me what his role is because the mod didn't have to choose that. I got what seems to be a silly answer, which looks to me like dodging the question.
I did dodge the question. What of it? You still haven't answered my question: If you asked me "to start getting reads" then tell me what you learned.
also, stardust, wraith's "townslip" is pretty minor and easily faked
Could be true. Do you think Wraith faked it?
It's a trap, though. Anyone who lynches Red is obvious
scum.
Because... Red's town?
Yeah, nice way to self Time Walk your party in a bastard setup.
Explain this please.
Sucks to do this at the beginning of the game, but I'm V/LA until next Wednesday, July 2.
YAY FOR BARN AND RUN.
Am I scum?
But guess what; I'm
screwed either way now.
Why are you screwed? There's one vote on you at this point. This entire post makes me feel like you care way too much about how you're perceived by others.
The break down you did was nice, but who starts an investigation with "time to pull some strings". That is really weird, and does not match an investigative mindset. Are you the werewolf? A controller would only use such a idiom without consideration.
Really, Wraith? Really? REALLY? I don't have anything else to say about this, but this whole post is pulling my strings, if you get my meaning.
When Red responds to my recent comments; I will reconsider my vote.
You're considering voting for DK here? If not, then who are you thinking of moving your vote too?
I'm not scum, and I know Red's not on my team because reasons.
I know you declined to answer to this already, but I really think you should. Do it. Independents are generally anti-town, so I'm going to lynch you either way. May as well try to convince me not to.
How do you know you're not on red's team? Scumslip?
Wow.

You serious?
Did you miss
the part where ham admitted to being on a different team? This is not a problem for you?
You're pushing pretty hard for a wagon that has damn little supporting it.
Why were you voting for Red again?
So I'm at four votes, I guess I should claim something.

Vanilla town with a two shot ability that is a perfectly reliable investigative power.
You soft claimed aleady. Reminding us repeatedly that you're a PR is for scum. It's time for a full claim.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:58 pm

And to make it easier for you guys to respond...
The Same Stuff, but split up
I know you declined to answer to this already, but I really think you should. Do it. Independents are generally anti-town, so I'm going to lynch you either way. May as well try to convince me not to.

How do you know you're not on red's team?
Scumslip?
Wow.

You serious?
Did you miss the part where ham admitted to being on a different team? This is not a problem for you?

also, stardust, wraith's "townslip" is pretty minor and easily faked

Yeah, nice way to self Time Walk your party in a bastard
setup.
Explain this please.
Sucks to do this at the beginning of the game, but I'm V/LA until next Wednesday, July 2.
YAY FOR BARN AND RUN.
Am I scum?

He asked you for your role. That is a scum tell with most. DK being durp newb needs to be considered null and void. 1st game allows for durpness, but second game is where you don't drop the soap.
The break down you did was nice, but who starts an investigation with "time to pull some strings". That is really weird, and does not match an investigative mindset. Are you the werewolf? A controller would only use such a idiom without consideration.
Really, Wraith? Really? REALLY? I don't have anything else to say about this, but this whole post is pulling my strings, if you get my meaning.
You're considering voting for DK here? If not, then who are you thinking of moving your vote too?

So here's the thing, I didn't ask for his role. I asked which role he chose. That doesn't tell me what his role is because the mod didn't have to choose that. I got what seems to be a silly answer, which looks to me like dodging the question.
I did dodge the question. What of it? You still haven't answered my question: If you asked me "to start getting reads" then tell me what you learned.
It's a trap, though. Anyone who lynches Red is obvious scum.
Because... Red's town?
But guess what; I'm screwed either way now.
Why are you screwed? There's one vote on you at this point. This entire post makes me feel like you care way too much about how you're perceived by others.

Vanilla town with a two shot ability that is a perfectly reliable investigative power.
You soft claimed aleady. Reminding us repeatedly that you're a PR is for scum. It's time for a full claim.
҉

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:47 pm

Ok, seems fine. I asked Pie to make me a self-aligned serial killer. He chose self-aligned and gave me a survivor role with an alternate ability that I can choose, but it leaves me unprotected.

My best chance to live through the game is to play the odds and go pro-town from the start. I cast my vote for DK,
the player who seemed scummiest and has remained so. Finding scum seems a faster avenue to victory than hiding behind ever-shrinking numbers of townies.

:sherlock: etc.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:07 pm

He chose self-aligned and gave me a survivor role with an alternate ability that I can choose, but it leaves me unprotected.
Acceptable. What does the bolded mean?
҉

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:09 pm

I can choose to hide or to use my ability, but not both.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:16 pm

Yes. And I probably did not learn anything.
So here's the thing, I didn't ask for his role. I asked which role he chose. That doesn't tell me what his role is because the mod didn't have to choose that. I got what seems to be a silly answer, which looks to me like dodging the question.
also, stardust,
wraith's "townslip" is pretty minor and easily faked
It's a trap, though. Anyone who lynches Red is obvious scum.
Because... Red's town?
Explain this please.
Sucks to do this at the
beginning of the game, but I'm V/LA until next Wednesday, July 2.
YAY FOR BARN AND RUN.
Am I scum?
But guess what; I'm screwed either way now.
Really, Wraith? Really?
REALLY? I don't have anything else to say about this, but this whole post is pulling my strings, if you get my meaning.

Indeed, After taking classes and conferences in my CRJ school a career; I learned that suspects will use very odd opening statements to explain themselves when they are hiding something. It might be very small or not noticeable, but it it does not line up with the explanation. The odd opening statement is from the brain trying to create a lie or throw off shame/attention to a detail. It would be awesome if I could see his face when he says it to see which way his eyes are looking, but online posting does not help. "Time to pull some strings" is generally an opening to needing something, not looking for something. That logic pinged my radar. What strings is he pulling? Red hand waves the hell out of anything I say or question, thus he will spin it to look bad on me. I stand by my calls on his "time to pull some strings" statement being off.
It could be his Italian thought pattern, but even then, it looks really weird. It looks like Scum day talk at first glance to me, and my mind triggered the memory of my classes and conferences. It's not a perfect science by any means, but helps investigators know where to apply more aggressive questions. Thus I wonder why Red chose DK to target instead of Kaze or others.

Not yet. Why? Red has a stronger read to me. Not sure if DK is durping or is scared scum. Pure speculation at this point.
How do you know you're not on red's team? Scumslip?
Wow.

You serious?
Did you miss the part where ham admitted to being on a different team? This is not a problem for you?

Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
Commander- Kaalia (Dega) and Nekusar (Grixis)
Modern- UB Faeries and Splinter Twin
Standard- Mono-black Devotion
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:07 pm

Idk if wraith faked it or not, but it doesn't clear him for me.

Kaze, I'm not going to allow you to control this game. When you are town, your reads are usually wrong, and when you are scum they are wrong on purpose. "Tunneling scum reads" is only ok when you have actually caught scum.

I believe ham's claim.

Unvote

Vote: LMD

What's up?
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:27 pm

What is your ability?

I think I'm about ready to vote for Wraith. Anyone want to convince me otherwise? *looks expectantly at Kaze*
҉

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:46 pm

What is your ability?

I think I'm about ready to vote for Wraith. Anyone want to convince me otherwise? *looks expectantly at Kaze*
I must have missed something. What was my township? I noticed Imopen2 mentioned I could have faked it, but am not sure what he referenced in what post I made. Please show me.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:49 pm

How many scum are in this game Wraith? It would really help us if you outted your buddies before we lynch you.
҉

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:05 pm

How many scum are in this game Wraith? It would really help us if you outted your buddies before we lynch you.
That is a loaded question sir. I am town and no one is lynching me yet. If you find my reads wrong on Red and DK; is it because you are in league with one of them? I started with poking Red and he provided all the new evidence I have:
1. Was unaware of wagon status till Stardust informed him.
2. Over responds to reads that he disagrees with.
3. Chooses DK to put counter pressure on, but ignores the big players (kaze and others)
4. Uses an opening sentence to a read that does not make sense when investigating another player voting him.
5. Discriminatory attacks not related to the challenge when called out on the sentence.

In the
past for me, that = scum. You seem a little aggressive this game and Get the feeling you are distancing yourself from Kaze. He got serious with the vote. I just pressured Red more. I think the DK is a distraction from Red. He is an easy target with his second guessing.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:09 pm

Hey Kate. You've never been voting me. You're either lying or stupid.
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:10 pm

Edit: Kaze.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:12 pm

Serious question: How many scum are in this game Wraith?
҉

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:34 pm

Serious question: How many scum are in this game Wraith?
I am town and can only guess from the front page. I guess 2 as there are other factions in this game.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:31 pm

I guess 2 as there are 9 players in this game.

Now, if you would kindly turn to post 48, you will see that Wraith believes there are three scum in this game! That, as we have just established, is impossible.
҉

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:28 am

Don't care.
Ok, seems fine. I asked Pie to make me a self-aligned serial killer. He chose self-aligned and gave me a survivor role with an alternate ability that I can choose, but it leaves me unprotected.
Play ball with the town and you'll see yourself alive in endgame. :thumbsup:
Kaze, I'm not going to allow you to control this game. When you are town, your reads are usually wrong, and when you are scum they are wrong on purpose. "Tunneling scum reads" is only ok when you have actually caught scum.
"Usually wrong"? I'll be the first to admit my reads aren't a slam dunk 100% of the time, but I like to think I warrant a better general opinion than this. Why are you so bitter?
He's not scum.
Hey Kate.
You've never been voting me. You're either lying or stupid.
What? D:

You're right! :O and I had a reason for that. I think.

Votecount, please!

Now, if you would kindly turn to post 48, you will see that Wraith believes there are three scum in this game! That, as we have just established, is impossible.
Why is it impossible?

Are you counting third-party scum?

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:58 am

VC 1.4

Red (2) - Kaze, Wraith
Dechs (2) - Red, ham
ham (1) - rezombad
Kaze (1) - Dechs
LMD (1) - imopen
Not Voting (2) - LMD, Stardust

9 alive, 5 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, July 12th at 5:30 PM Eastern.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know if you're being lied to?

The answer? Use a gun. And if that don't work... use more gun.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:02 am

Hm.

Dechs wagon has Red on it - my other scumread, and a neutral.

Red wagon has a townie on it and myself.

Never mind. Yeah. I'll stay here.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:47 am

Idk if wraith faked it or not, but it doesn't clear him for me.

I believe ham's claim.

Unvote

Vote: LMD

What's up?
Do you always ask loaded questions?

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:39 am

Catching up, my home router died on me.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:00 am

Now that you make me think about it, I usually get random-wagoned on day 1, but I've been hanged just twice I guess, and both times I were set up by scum (KNM by scumYou and Theros by scumIso).
Explain this please.
I just think that setting somebody at L-1 in a multi-party setup before having at least SOME kind of info is suicidial, even if you're scum/alien/cultist.
But maybe I'm the one being too paranoid.
n
YAY FOR BARN AND RUN.
Am I scum?
I don't know, are you?
I really *really* didn't like your opening, but I'm not labeling you as scum just for something like that.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:42 am

Indeed, After taking classes and conferences in my CRJ school a career; I learned that suspects will use very odd opening statements to explain themselves when they are hiding something. It might be very small or not noticeable, but it it does not line up with the explanation. The odd opening statement is from the brain trying to create a lie or throw off shame/attention to a detail. It would be awesome if I could see his face when he says it to see which way his eyes are looking, but online posting does not help. "Time to pull some strings" is generally an opening to needing something, not looking for something. That logic pinged my radar. What strings is he pulling? Red hand waves the hell out of anything I say or question, thus he will spin it to look bad on me. I stand by my calls on his "time to pull some strings" statement being off. It could be his Italian thought pattern, but even then, it looks really weird. It looks like Scum day talk at first glance to me, and my mind
triggered the memory of my classes and conferences. It's not a perfect science by any means, but helps investigators know where to apply more aggressive questions. Thus I wonder why Red chose DK to target instead of Kaze or others.
Learn to use quotes FFS.
This is probably the first time in MONTHS that you post something interesting and you do so by hiding it in a *ing wall of text (but setting its colorto dark blue rather than black, as if it made it *that* much visible...).
Anyway, I'm not going to fight your stubborness, but at least I'm happy to see there's actually something behind it.

Next:
Kaze is used to start by applying tons of pressure pretty much randomly, even if it backfires on him - go check Checkbox mafia - so I really don't see anything different from the standard atm.
Stardust just decided to ride Kaze's train. I didn't like *how*, but I can understand the idea behind that action.
DK struck me badly, and I don't see
any reason to go easy on him as he put the first actual wagon at L-1 for no reason whatsoever.

Now, try to get this right on the first try because I'm not going to go back on this: using meta to evaluate people is actually useful, but you're way too troubled by the players you consider strong.
This is the second time I see you going mad about the fact that people doesn't care about Stardust enough for your tastes (see Fire & Ice) and that's stupid, you should try to learn from better players rather than cry because they're not getting insta-hated out from everyone.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:44 am

:rofl:

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:59 am

He could have just not put too much thought into it before your late question.
I mean, had he faked that townslip in the first place, he would rather trying to playing along it now rather than just forget about it, wouldn't he?

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:04 am

Don't care.
You should. :eyebrow:
I
think I'm about ready to vote for Wraith. Anyone want to convince me otherwise? *looks expectantly at Kaze*
He's not scum.
How's that so?

Why is it impossible?

Are you counting third-party scum?
Help a n00b out - is "scum" supposed to mean "aligned with mafia" or "not town-aligned"?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:23 pm

Kaze, how can you not see that Red is town?

Vote Wraith.
҉

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:50 pm

Vote Wraith.
Why are you voting me when kaze is the starting vote? He claimed to be serious about it, but you somehow decided to vote me. Ok. Does not bother me, but are you vote parking me to build a case for kaze or DK? The reason I ask this is your question to me on scum count is ridiculous. We have multiple factions and scum. Does town win when all the scum are eliminated but factions are left alive? Also, scum would lie on who is their scum buddy, thus believing that would send town on a pipe dream. If you attempting to place pressure on me; try asking non leading questions.

If red is town; why has he not evaluated kaze as he has DK? You and imopen2 both came out
swinging for red now. How is red town in your view? Could and argument be made for him being scum? I looked at both of these ideas and found the later stronger. While you tunnel or probe me as you usually do day 1; other players have been very quiet waiting for a fast lynch. There have been quite a few changes in votes from red to DK. I think scum and factions pounced on DK for an easy day 1 lynch. Why did you answer DK's question on what you chose for a role instead of calling it a scum tell? It is highly probable you lied on your answer, but why dignify the response? Was it a trap? Or are working with DK to slowly sink in the group as town by letting the newb go?
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Why are you voting me when kaze is the starting vote?
Just because Kaze is voting Red doesn't make him scum. It just makes him wrong. You, on the other hand, are scum.
...are you vote parking me to build a case for kaze or DK?
My vote for you has nothing to do with Kaze or DK. I'm voting you because I think you're scum.
The reason I ask this is your question to me on scum count is ridiculous. We have
multiple factions and scum. Does town win when all the scum are eliminated but factions are left alive? Also, scum would lie on who is their scum buddy, thus believing that would send town on a pipe dream. If you attempting to place pressure on me; try asking non leading questions.
I didn't ask you that question to lead you. I asked you that question in response to your question about your own town slip.
If red is town; why has he not evaluated kaze as he has DK?
Not everyone plays like you do. Everyone is scummy to you, always. Turns out not everyone is scum. Maybe Red believes that Kaze is town? Kaze certainly is looking better than DK right now, so I see no problem with that stance. You should probably be asking Red this question instead of me.
You and imopen2 both came out swinging for red now. How is red town in your view? Could and argument be made for him being scum?
Yeah, I voted for Red. Now I believe he's town. An argument can always be made for anyone being scum.
I think scum and factions pounced on DK for an easy day 1 lynch.
You think DK is town? Why? Base this answer on his posting rather than on interactions, please.
Why did you answer DK's question on what you chose for a role instead of calling it a scum tell? It is highly probable you lied on your answer, but why dignify
the response? Was it a trap? Or are working with DK to slowly sink in the group as town by letting the newb go?
Yelling "scum!" is less effective for finding scum than asking questions. More important to me was how and what reasoning he gave for that question. (He still hasn't answered, by the way)
҉

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Ok stardust. Why am I scum to you? Am still perplexed how you find me scum.

DK looks town to me cause he unsure what to say in response to players. He knows kaze and others are testing him for responses and like so many of you; there is no right answer for each player. Individually, there might be one to make their town list, but not all. You are tunneling me big time and just saying I am scum over and over is pointless. How am I scum? I thought DK could be scum but later responses from him appeared as lost or probative, not focused or leading. I would expect scum day 1 in this game to be more focused to get a quick lynch so they can play with their abilities. Same goes for the factions who I think are lurking and letting town tunnel or scum push the vote.

Why let DK slide on not answering you? Seems off from previous games.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:36 pm

Before I answer that mess of questions, what do you think of me? You're worried about what I think of you, but am I town or scum?
҉

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:03 pm

Before I answer that mess of questions, what do you think of me? You're worried about what I think of you, but am I town or scum?
I have not you voted have I? For now, I don't know, but you are less playful this game than others where you were town. I have you in my null pile right now as the early game probing is about right for normal. You also have not dropped any scum tells as opposed to DK or Red. To give you a proper direct answer, I find you town for now as a vote for you is unfounded currently.

Lmd needs to post more.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Just noticed this thing here: What did Stardust ask me that I didn't respond to?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:20 pm

Just noticed this thing here: What did Stardust ask me that I didn't respond to?
Lots of things in post 163. One in particular was me reasking a question I never got a proper answer to.
҉

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:19 am

How's that so?
Gut says no.
Help a n00b out - is "scum" supposed to mean "aligned with mafia" or "not town-aligned"?
Depends who you ask. For me, the latter.
How can you not see he isn't?

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:41 pm

Lots of things in post 163. One in particular was me reasking a question I never got a proper answer to.
I only learned that you weren't
willing to give me a straight answer and rather than tell me that, you'd prefer to joke about it.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:56 pm

Which tells you nothing about my alignment, I guess?

How about my other questions in that post?

Also, I still think you should claim.
҉

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:02 pm

I did claim.

Return to “Completed Games”