Completed GamesLEGO Movie Mafia - Game Over - Town Win

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

User avatar
Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!
Posts: 6040
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:56 pm
Medals: 2
:
Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 296 times

LEGO Movie Mafia - Game Over - Town Win

Post #1 by Stardust » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Everything is awesome
Everything is cool when you're part of a team
Everything is awesome when you're living the dream


Image


Taco Tuesday! Lord Business is going to destroy the world and it's up the Master Builders to stop him! Blah blah blah, backstory stuff, proper name, place name...

Welcome to Lego Movie Mafia, where everyone is the Special! This isn't going to be a bastard setup exactly, but I will have to make decisions during the game that will affect the outcome, just for prior warning. See the Sample Town Role PM for details.

Sample Town Role PM
Image
Stardust, you are Milhouse Van Houten, Master Builder.
I mean, sure, you only showed up for half a second of the movie and probably got killed when Cloud Cuckoo Land was destroyed, but you were a Master Builder! That's got to be something to be proud of. Even Lisa might have been impressed! (but probably not)
You win when all threats to the universe have been eliminated.
Abilities: During the day, you may vote.
Master Builder – During each Day phase you may PM me up to three inventions that can do anything at all. I will reply with a time requirement to create each invention. You select one to begin working on, which may be ready to use as early as that Night. If an invention takes more than one Day to create, you may stop working on it to start something else - progress on the first will be paused in the meantime.


The Rules
1. Town is blue, Mafia is red.
2. Do not quote PM’s that you receive from me. This includes your role PM and any images. You may paraphrase, but do not talk about the formatting or anything beyond the words.
3. Do not edit or delete posts. If you have something more to say, make a new post. If you want to correct your grammar, make a new post. Anything else? Make a new post.
4. Do not talk about this game outside this game. Communication with other players must happen either in this thread or by means I provide.
5. Votes and Unvotes must be bolded. Unvoting is helpful, but not required to switch your vote.
6. If you have a question or request for me, please bold it. Questions and requests can also be PM’d to me. Don’t hesitate to ask me anything! I may not give you an answer, but I’ll always reply and am happy to help.
7. You are expected to participate in this game. Any player who has not posted in 72 hours will be prodded. Failure to reply to this prod or being prodded multiple times will result in your replacement or modkill. If you will be unable to post for some period of time, please notify me either in thread or by PM.
8. If you are unable or unwilling to continue playing, please contact me so I can find a replacement.
9. Once a lynch has been achieved, no unvotes will reverse it.
10. Be sporting. No trying to get modkilled, no cryptoclaiming, no outing of your scum buddies as some twisted revenge. Please don’t try to win so hard that you ruin the game in the process.
11. Thanking posts is allowed as long as you are alive in-game. Dead players and spectators may thank posts as well (so long as it won't impact the game), but must ask my permission before thanking the post.


Alive
1. Dechs Kaison - Superman, Master Builder

Dead
1. ( G_R ) - Bad Cop - Lynched Day 1
2. hamfactorial - Batman, Master Builder - Lynched Day 2
3. rezombad Captain Murphy - Green Lantern, Master Builder - Killed Night 2
4. Azrael - Shaquille O'Neal, Master Builder - Lynched Day 3
5. RedNihilist - Princess Unikitty, Master Builder - Killed Night 3
6. imopen2 - Vitruvius, Master Builder - Lynched Day 4
7. Col. Khaddafi Mogadishu Jones - Metal Beard, Master Builder - Killed Night 4
8. Lord_Mcdonalds - Lord Business - Killed Night 4


Replacements
None. Contact me if you'd like to be added to this list!


Waypoints
Night 1
Day 2
Night 2
Day 3
Night 3
Day 4
Night 5
Endgame
Setup
҉

User avatar
Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!
Posts: 6040
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:56 pm
Medals: 2
:
Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 296 times

Day 1 - Time to Save the World

Post #2 by Stardust » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Cloud Cuckoo Land has been destroyed! Lord Business's forces have captured most of the Master Builders, but the piece of resistance is safe. It's time for the remaining Master Builders to come up with a plan, storm his office and save the world.

It is now Day 1. With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
҉

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 1905
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Post #3 by RedNihilist » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:14 pm

Vote hamfactorial because reasons.

User avatar
Azrael
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 890
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:42 pm
Medals: 1
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Post #4 by Azrael » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:53 pm

Red Nihilist is town.

User avatar
Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man
Posts: 6139
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Post #5 by Mogadishu Jones » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:32 pm

are you?

User avatar
hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 8400
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:57 am
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Post #6 by hamfactorial » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Vote Dechs Kaison for killing me last game.

User avatar
( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 14470
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am
Medals: 6
Location: Mania
:
Platinum Pioneer Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109 Great Card Analyst of Page 109
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 340 times

Post #7 by ( G_R ) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:12 pm

Vote RedNihilist

Let's put that statement to the test.

Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

User avatar
Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 1967
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 65 times
Contact:

Post #8 by Dechs Kaison » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:10 am

hamfactorial » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:51 pm wrote:Vote Dechs Kaison for killing me last game.

Careful, Ham. Give me enough time and I'll find a way to do it again.


Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 6074
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 am
Location: La Marque, Texas
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Post #9 by Mcdonalds » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:49 am

vote azreal because reasons

User avatar
hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 8400
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:57 am
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Post #10 by hamfactorial » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:37 am

Dechs Kaison » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:10 pm wrote:
hamfactorial » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:51 pm wrote:Vote Dechs Kaison for killing me last game.

Careful, Ham. Give me enough time and I'll find a way to do it again.

:argh: I'm not afraid! Come at me bro.

User avatar
Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah
Posts: 5219
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:55 pm
Medals: 1
Location: Nilbog St
:
Gold Pioneer
Been thanked: 99 times

Post #11 by Captain Murphy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:48 pm

Vote GR for not posting in Spanish
Tom Servo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:15 pm wrote:It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.

Clownfish » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:51 pm wrote:I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide

Kaitscralt » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:37 pm wrote:in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

User avatar
Azrael
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 890
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:42 pm
Medals: 1
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Post #12 by Azrael » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:09 pm



Scum.

hamfactorial » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:51 pm wrote:Vote Dechs Kaison for killing me last game.


Scum.

( G_R ) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:12 pm wrote:Vote RedNihilist

Let's put that statement to the test.


Null.

Dechs Kaison » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:10 pm wrote:
hamfactorial » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:51 pm wrote:Vote Dechs Kaison for killing me last game.

Careful, Ham. Give me enough time and I'll find a way to do it again.


Town.

Lord_Mcdonalds » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:49 am wrote:vote azreal because reasons


Town.

hamfactorial » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:37 am wrote:
Dechs Kaison » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:10 pm wrote:
hamfactorial » Sat Aug 30,
2014 12:51 pm
wrote:
Vote Dechs Kaison for killing me last game.

Careful, Ham. Give me enough time and I'll find a way to do it again.

:argh: I'm not afraid! Come at me bro.


So scum. :no: Serious vote Hamfactorial.

Captain Murphy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:48 pm wrote:Vote GR for not posting in Spanish


Null.

User avatar
Azrael
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 890
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:42 pm
Medals: 1
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Post #13 by Azrael » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:11 pm



Ok, fine, null I guess. But very unimpressive. *snobbish*

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 6074
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 am
Location: La Marque, Texas
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Post #14 by Mcdonalds » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:42 pm

Azrael » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:09 pm wrote:


Scum.

hamfactorial » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:51 pm wrote:Vote Dechs Kaison for killing me last game.


Scum.

( G_R ) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:12 pm wrote:Vote RedNihilist

Let's put that statement to the test.


Null.

Dechs Kaison » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:10 pm wrote:
hamfactorial » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:51 pm wrote:Vote Dechs Kaison for killing me last game.

Careful, Ham. Give me enough time and I'll find a way to do it again.


Town.

Lord_Mcdonalds » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:49 am wrote:vote azreal because reasons


Town.

hamfactorial » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:37 am wrote:
Dechs Kaison » Sat Aug
30, 2014 4:10 pm
wrote:
hamfactorial » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:51 pm wrote:Vote Dechs Kaison for killing me last game.

Careful, Ham. Give me enough time and I'll find a way to do it again.

:argh: I'm not afraid! Come at me bro.


So scum. :no: Serious vote Hamfactorial.

Captain Murphy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:48 pm wrote:Vote GR for not posting in Spanish


Null.


Gut read or do you have a theory?

User avatar
hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 8400
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:57 am
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Post #15 by hamfactorial » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:05 pm

Nice to be out of RVS. Why am I scum, Az?

User avatar
Azrael
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 890
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:42 pm
Medals: 1
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Post #16 by Azrael » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:08 pm

Lord_Mcdonalds » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:42 pm wrote:Gut read or do you have a theory?


I don't believe in gut reads.

hamfactorial » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:05 pm wrote:Nice to be out of RVS. Why am I scum, Az?


Read confirmed. You should name the two people on the player list who are your closest friends, and why.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 6074
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 am
Location: La Marque, Texas
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Post #17 by Mcdonalds » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:14 pm

I like this guy, guy could definitely go places

User avatar
hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 8400
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:57 am
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Post #18 by hamfactorial » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:32 am

Azrael » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:08 pm wrote:
Lord_Mcdonalds » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:42 pm wrote:Gut read or do you have a theory?


I don't believe in gut reads.

hamfactorial » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:05 pm wrote:Nice to be out of RVS. Why am I scum, Az?


Read confirmed. You should name the two people on the player list who are your closest friends, and why.

Why?

User avatar
Azrael
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 890
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:42 pm
Medals: 1
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Post #19 by Azrael » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:31 am

*glances back and forth between Lord McDonalds and Hamfactorial, takes on a pensive look*

Why do you like this guy, Mcdonalds?

@Ham - The same reason I attack most people straight out of RVS stage, and often hit correctly. You don't sound genuine. You sound awkward or nervous, and your tone is contrived. Also, another type of tell that I don't care to discuss at present may be at work. I haven't decided whether its fair to apply to you yet.

User avatar
hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 8400
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:57 am
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Post #20 by hamfactorial » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:41 am

I'm ok with your method of scum hunting, carry on. You've never played a game with me, so asserting that I don't sound genuine is loose.

Why did you want me to pick two friends?

User avatar
Azrael
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 890
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:42 pm
Medals: 1
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Post #21 by Azrael » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:58 am

hamfactorial » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:41 am wrote:I'm ok with your method of scum hunting, carry on. You've never played a game with me, so asserting that I don't sound genuine is loose.

Why did you want me to pick two friends?


Thread Poll #1 - Is Ham's bravado genuine, or artificial?

Because I want to know the two people you're speaking to in the night.

User avatar
Azrael
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 890
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:42 pm
Medals: 1
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Post #22 by Azrael » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:01 am

I'll give 2 to 1 odds that Ham's scum. Curious to see what Lord McD has to say for himself.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 6074
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 am
Location: La Marque, Texas
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Post #23 by Mcdonalds » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:44 am

My post was about you not ham

User avatar
hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 8400
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:57 am
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Post #24 by hamfactorial » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:51 am

[quote="[url=http://diestoremoval.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252439#p252439:3rakwaj9]Azrael » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:58 pm[/url:3rakwaj9]":3rakwaj9][quote="[url=http://diestoremoval.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252431#p252431:3rakwaj9]hamfactorial » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:41 am[/url:3rakwaj9]":3rakwaj9]I'm ok with your method of scum hunting, carry on. You've never played a game with me, so asserting that I don't sound genuine is loose.

Why did you want me to pick two friends?[/quote:3rakwaj9]

Thread Poll #1 - Is Ham's bravado genuine, or artificial?

Because I want to know the two people you're speaking to in the night.[/quote:3rakwaj9]
Lulz, even if you think I'm scum could you be less condescending? To think I'd just point you to scum buddies is insulting. I wouldn't make it easy for you if I was scum.

Why do you think there are 3 scum?

User avatar
( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 14470
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am
Medals: 6
Location: Mania
:
Platinum Pioneer Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109 Great Card Analyst of Page 109
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 340 times

Post #25 by ( G_R ) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:17 am

Just a question Az, is your Red read for real, and if so, how come is that a town tell?

My vote is serious, I think people can see why.

Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

User avatar
imopen2
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 6014
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:59 am
Medals: 1
:
Gold Pioneer
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 104 times

Post #26 by imopen2 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:01 am

Vote: Az

You're not the sheriff around here.

I am also curious as to why you would assume 3 scum. I've never played with you, but from what I understand you are a veteran of mafia, and therefore it is hard to believe this was a slip, nevertheless it's definitely worth noting.
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

User avatar
Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 1967
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:46 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 65 times
Contact:

Post #27 by Dechs Kaison » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:50 pm

My working theory is that Az is distancing from Ham early on with a wagon he is sure won't go through.

vote Az


Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

User avatar
Azrael
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 890
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:42 pm
Medals: 1
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Post #28 by Azrael » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:52 pm

So, I'm pretty sure a couple of ya'll should unvote unless you feel like giving the scum a freebie quick lynch for absolutely no sane reason. We're what, L-1?

Achievement #1, unlocked! Let the games begin. ^_^ Also, five Az points says that half the thread finds the disjunction between the tone of this paragraph and the preceding paragraph disturbing and inexplicable.

Lord_Mcdonalds » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:44 am wrote:My post was about you not ham


Same question. Why?

hamfactorial » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:51 am wrote:
Azrael » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:58 pm wrote:
hamfactorial » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:41 am wrote:I'm ok with your method of scum hunting, carry on. You've never played a game with me, so asserting that I don't sound genuine is loose.

Why did you want me to pick two friends?


Thread Poll #1 - Is Ham's bravado genuine, or artificial?

Because I want to know the two people you're speaking to in the night.

Lulz, even if you think I'm scum could you be less condescending? To think I'd just point you to scum buddies is insulting. I wouldn't make it easy for you if I was scum.

Why do you think there are 3 scum?


You're misreading what I'm doing, there. I'm a playful mafia player. I like to kill people with a smile on my face. Why so serious?

I don't think there's three scum,
actually. Two is standard for this game size, three gives the town only a single mislynch prior to lylo. But I was interested in seeing who was the first person to point that out. Congratulations!

( G_R ) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:17 am wrote:Just a question Az, is your Red read for real, and if so, how come is that a town tell?

My vote is serious, I think people can see why.


It's the weakest of town tells and town reads. Unless your reasons are similar to why I was voting Ham, I don't see it.

imopen2 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:01 am wrote:Vote: Az

You're not the sheriff around here.


What a delightfully polemic tone. I take it you don't like the cut of my jib, and you think that's worth a vote? Or
perhaps you think that it's worth bandwagoning for an easy kill?

Not certain why you think I'm applying for the position of sheriff. I find the jester to a be much more useful vantage point in this stage of the game.

[quote=imopen2]
I am also curious as to why you would assume 3 scum. I've never played with you, but from what I understand you are a veteran of mafia, and therefore it is hard to believe this was a slip, nevertheless it's definitely worth noting.[/quote]

Strange play equals scum? If so, there wouldn't be a game that goes by that I wouldn't be lynched day 1. Pretty great way to stack up townie bodies, though, and justify scum votes.

Dechs Kaison » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:50 pm wrote:My working theory is that Az is distancing from Ham early on with a wagon he is sure won't go through.

vote Az


My theory is that your
theory is baseless.

I despise RVS and I love generating reactions as expeditiously as possible, which my playstyle is designed to do. I'm also a fan of staking entire mafia teams through the heart on the first day of play. So if my line of play seems outlandish to you, I've been playing this silly game for far too long, almost a decade, and I've adopted more than a few idiosyncrasies along the way.

Ham's a pretty decent scum candidate. But there's a lot of interesting material on this first wagon to sift through. I can see staking him through the heart as our first serious wagon. Inquisitiveness as to what the case is against him is a pretty common scum reaction; the emphasis on making sure that we all know he's not afraid, not nervous, comes across as very strained to me. The town doesn't really have a motive to communicate those ideas under ordinary circumstances, they simply act in accordance with those traits. Ham's actually going to the trouble of pointing out to us how unafraid he is of
my case, now that he knows what it is.

Hence, my thread poll. Do you think Ham's repeated statements that he's not worried or afraid ring a little false, or do you think he simply felt the need to repeatedly state how unafraid he is as town for some reason?

You may as well also consider whether my statements are ringing false, tonally. They certainly are, as they're crawling with deception from top to bottom. The trick that will determine whether this is a good town or a silly town, is whether you're able to correctly perceive the motivation for those actions as town, scum, or null.

If I were you, and were familiar with my play, I'd regard it as heavily pro-town in effect, but null as relates to my alignment, because I find it necessary to attempt to make my D1 mafia play a facsimile with the same pro-town effect as my normal town games. But don't take my word for it:

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/outs ... -game-over
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/outs ... ver-finale
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/outs ... -game-over

[/reading rainbow]

User avatar
Azrael
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 890
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:42 pm
Medals: 1
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Post #29 by Azrael » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:56 pm

NVM, only three votes. Carry on with your misguided wagon.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 1905
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Post #30 by RedNihilist » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Azra-kun, did you by any chance read some old game before starting this one?
Just for the sake of asking.

User avatar
hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 8400
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:57 am
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Post #31 by hamfactorial » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:35 pm

Azrael » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:52 am wrote:So, I'm pretty sure a couple of ya'll should unvote unless you feel like giving the scum a freebie quick lynch for absolutely no sane reason. We're what, L-1?

Achievement #1, unlocked! Let the games begin. ^_^ Also, five Az points says that half the thread finds the disjunction between the tone of this paragraph and the preceding paragraph disturbing and inexplicable.

Lord_Mcdonalds » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:44 am wrote:My post was about you not ham


Same question. Why?

hamfactorial » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:51 am wrote:
Azrael » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:58 pm wrote:
hamfactorial » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:41 am wrote:I'm ok with your method of scum hunting, carry on. You've never played a game with me, so asserting that I don't sound genuine is loose.

Why did you want me to pick two friends?


Thread Poll #1 - Is Ham's bravado genuine, or artificial?

Because I want to know the two people you're speaking to in the night.

Lulz, even if you think I'm scum could you be less condescending? To think I'd just point you to scum buddies is insulting. I wouldn't make it easy for you if I was scum.

Why do you think there are 3 scum?


You're misreading what
I'm doing, there. I'm a playful mafia player. I like to kill people with a smile on my face. Why so serious?


I'm playful too, didn't you see the lulz? :V

Here, I'll put in some funny smilies so you know I'm a happy mafia player and nobody should suspect me, like you.

:unibrow: :love: :toot: :sherlock: :rofl:

Playful doesn't mean town, and dismissive doesn't mean scum.

Azrael » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:52 am wrote:I don't think there's three scum, actually. Two is standard for this game size, three gives the town only a single mislynch prior to lylo. But I was interested in seeing who was the first person to point that out. Congratulations!


Yay, how many Azrael points do I win? I hope I can cash them in for a prize later. I'm sure that you did the 3 scum thing on purpose, but from my POV I can't tell if that's scummy and stupid or a clever pro-town trick to see if I'll bite as noob scum.



Azrael » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:52 am wrote:
( G_R ) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:17 am wrote:Just a question Az, is your Red read for real, and if so, how come is that a town tell?

nMy vote is serious, I think people can see why.


It's the weakest of town tells and town reads. Unless your reasons are similar to why I was voting Ham, I don't see it.

imopen2 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:01 am wrote:Vote: Az

You're not the sheriff around here.


What a delightfully polemic tone. I take it you don't like the cut of my jib, and you think that's worth a vote? Or perhaps you think that it's worth bandwagoning for an easy kill?

Not certain why you think I'm applying for the position of sheriff. I find the jester to a be much more useful vantage point in this stage of the game.

I am also curious as to why you would assume 3 scum. I've never played with you, but from what I understand you are a veteran of mafia, and therefore it is hard to believe this was a slip, nevertheless it's
definitely worth noting.


Strange play equals scum? If so, there wouldn't be a game that goes by that I wouldn't be lynched day 1. Pretty great way to stack up townie bodies, though, and justify scum votes.

Dechs Kaison » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:50 pm wrote:My working theory is that Az is distancing from Ham early on with a wagon he is sure won't go through.

vote Az


My theory is that your theory is baseless.

I despise RVS and I love generating reactions as expeditiously as possible, which my playstyle is designed to do. I'm also a fan of staking entire mafia teams through the heart on the first day of play. So if my line of play seems outlandish to you, I've been playing this silly game for far too long, almost a decade, and I've adopted more than a few idiosyncrasies along the way.

Ham's a pretty decent scum
candidate. But there's a lot of interesting material on this first wagon to sift through. I can see staking him through the heart as our first serious wagon. Inquisitiveness as to what the case is against him is a pretty common scum reaction; the emphasis on making sure that we all know he's not afraid, not nervous, comes across as very strained to me. The town doesn't really have a motive to communicate those ideas under ordinary circumstances, they simply act in accordance with those traits. Ham's actually going to the trouble of pointing out to us how unafraid he is of my case, now that he knows what it is.


Weak. Simply saying "XXX is a pretty common scum reaction" does not make it so.

Additionally, where have I pointed out being unafraid of your case?

Azrael » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:52 am wrote:Hence, my thread poll. Do you
think Ham's repeated statements that he's not worried or afraid ring a little false, or do you think he simply felt the need to repeatedly state how unafraid he is as town for some reason?


More silliness.

Claim: I've repeated statements that I'm not worried or afraid

Where? Do an ISO on me quickly. The only time I mention being worried or scared is during RVS banter with Dechs. I'll quote it for you to be clear -

hamfactorial » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:37 pm wrote:
Dechs Kaison » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:10 pm wrote:
hamfactorial » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:51 pm wrote:Vote Dechs Kaison
for killing me last game.

Careful, Ham. Give me enough time and I'll find a way to do it again.

:argh: I'm not afraid! Come at me bro.


For the record, I am indeed unafraid of your case and think it's baseless. But to point at me and say that I'm trying to appear confident and unafraid repeatedly is to lie, as I've only said once, to Dechs and not you, that I wasn't afraid.

Lying is anti-town. Why are you lying?

Azrael » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:52 am wrote:You may as well also consider whether my statements are ringing false, tonally. They certainly are, as they're crawling with deception from top to bottom. The trick that will determine whether this is a good town or a silly town, is whether you're able to
correctly perceive the motivation for those actions as town, scum, or null.

If I were you, and were familiar with my play, I'd regard it as heavily pro-town in effect, but null as relates to my alignment, because I find it necessary to attempt to make my D1 mafia play a facsimile with the same pro-town effect as my normal town games. But don't take my word for it:

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/outs ... -game-over
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/outs ... ver-finale
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/outs ... -game-over