Planechase Mafia - Game Over

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Planechase Mafia - Game Over

Postby Stardust » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:18 am

Planechase Mafia
Nicol Bolas, the last of the true Elder Dragons, the one-time God of many planes and the self-titled most powerful being in the multiverse, has a plan. His obsession with regaining his lost power will soon come to fruition, though a few others might have to lose in the process. All he needs to do is bind, capture, then harness the spark of every other planeswalker in the multiverse. Should be easy enough for a being who claims to be the closest thing to omnipotent the multiverse has ever seen.

There are, however, some complications. The spell that binds the sparks together requires an inconveniently large number of planeswalkers to initiate. The spell to capture their sparks as they die requires an inconveniently slow rate of death. And the spell to harness the sparks after they've been captured requires that Bolas and his own minions be bound to the same spell holding the rest of them.

No doubt the planeswalkers will fight back. All told, the process will take several days, over which time the entire group of planeswalkers will be irreversibly bound together. If one planeswalks, the rest will be dragged along with them through the Blind Eternities. Carrying that much baggage through the chaos between worlds will make guidance nearly impossible, even for Nicol Bolas, and there's no denying that this too might be... inconvenient.

Welcome to Planechase Mafia! In this game, each player will have the ability to, once per Day, planeswalk to another plane, dragging all other players along with them. The magic binding you all together makes direction within the Blind Eternities very difficult, so the new plane you arrive at will be chosen at random, weighted according to how recently the group has been there. Each plane will have unique effects upon the game that may be detrimental or beneficial, depending on your goals. This ability can be used either publically by writing Planeswalk in bold on a new line or by PM. The effect of that planeswalk will be considered to be immediate at the time of the ability use, so all future votes, unvotes, or ability uses will be considered to be on the new plane, even if the planeswalk hasn’t yet been announced. Use caution.

There are 28 planes/locations that you might encounter through the course of the game, shown in the spoiler below. I will fill in this list periodically with the plane abilities as you visit them.
Planes
Alara – Bant
The player who planeswalked here gains an ability that is usable during the Day as long as you remain on Bant: Exalted [target] – "Another target player's abilities cannot be blocked, prevented or redirected for the remainder of this Day and the following Night."

Alara – Esper
The player who planeswalked here gains an ability that is usable during the Day as long as you remain on Esper: Enhance [target] – "Another target player's voting strength is increased by 1 for the remainder of the Day. This will be reflected in the votecount."

Alara – Grixis
The player who planeswalked here gains an ability that is usable during the Day as long as you remain on Grixis: Unearth [target] – "A dead player of your choice is brought back to life as a zombie with their alignment unchanged."
Zombified players do not retain (or gain) any abilities other than the ability to vote, they are not affected by beneficial abilities, and they are subject to a strict posting restriction. Other than voting, they may only post the words uuhh, uunng, and braaains with as many u's, h's, n's and a's added as they please. No emoting.

Alara – Jund
The player who planeswalked here gains an ability that is usable during the Day as long as you remain on Jund: Devour [target] – "Choose another target player. This Night, that player will be killed."

Alara – Naya
The player who planeswalked here gains an ability that is usable during the Day as long as you remain on Naya: Spellbreaker [target] – "Another target player cannot be targeted for the remainder of this Day and the following Night."

Bolas's Meditation Realm
While at Bolas's Meditation Realm, any player not voting at the end of the Day will be untargetable for that Night. Mafia members also – mmmpff!

Dominaria
No special abilities.

Equilor

Innistrad
If a player dies on Innistrad, they will become a ghost. Ghosts may post at any time in either the game thread or factional quicktopics, but cannot vote or use any other abilities.

Kamigawa
The player who planeswalked here gains a permanent ability: Enlightened – "At the end of each Night you will be told the name of one player who targeted you that Night."

Lorwyn
If the Day ends while on Lorwyn, Night will last for only 24 hours. This is a hard deadline, so even if I haven't reopened the Day, any actions or changes not received by that time will not be taken into account.

Mercadia
The player who planeswalked here has their voting strength increased by 1 for the remainder of the Day. This will not be reflected in the votecount. The votes needed to lynch this Day are increased by 1 vote.

New Phyrexia
If the player who planeswalked here is town, they have a 50% chance of being infected.
At the beginning of a new Day, a town player will be chosen at random. They have a 50% chance of being infected.
An infected player will join the Phyrexian faction at the beginning of the next Night phase, even if you've left New Phyrexia.

Rabiah
While on Rabiah, two votecounts will be kept separately, with each player able to vote as normal in both. When a majority of votes is reached in one votecount, voting there stops immediately and voting will stop for the other votecount one hour later. This allows for the possibility of two lynches in one Day.

Ravnica – Duskmantle
While at Duskmantle, votecounts will not include names, only totals, and will be provided once every 24 hours. Players may vote and unvote secretly via a PM to me. Any vote or unvote made via PM will be reversed when you leave Duskmantle.

Ravnica – New Prahv
While at New Prahv, the player who hammers gains a permanent ability that can be used on all future Nights: Detain [target] – "Another target player cannot use any abilities this Night or the following Day, except the ability to vote."

Ravnica – Orzhova
While at Orzhova, dead players may post at any time in either the game thread or factional quicktopics, but cannot vote or use any other abilities.

Ravnica – Rix Maadi
When you planeswalk here, or at the start of a new Day, a player is publically chosen at random and can't planeswalk away from Rix Maadi. All other players may post in bold either "Kill them!" or "Spare them". If you are still at Rix Maadi after 24 hours of Daytime, and if it is tied or more players voted "Kill them!", the chosen player is killed without revealing their role PM.

Ravnica – Sunhome
While at Sunhome, the player who hammers gains a permanent ability that can be used on all future Nights: Investigate [target] – "Choose another target player. You will be told both who that player targeted this Night and who targeted that player this Night."

Ravnica – Zameck
While at Zameck, the player who hammers gains a permanent ability that can be used on all future Nights: Cytoshape [target] – "You lose all abilities previously gained with Cytoshape, then gain all nonfaction abilities of target player."

Serra's Realm
If the player who planeswalked here is town, they have a 50% chance of being publically confirmed town.

Shadowmoor
While on Shadowmoor, the deadline for each Day phase is set at 24 hours (if you are still on Shadowmoor when the deadline hits). This is a hard deadline, so even if I haven't called Night, no further actions or votes will be allowed beyond that time. If a lynch is not achieved, no lynch will occur.

Shandalar
No special abilities.

Tarkir

Theros
You are now on Theros. While on Theros, votes are made for a Champion rather than for a lynch. The Champion cannot be killed this Night. Once the Champion is announced, posting stops and that player has 24 hours to choose another player to kill.

Ulgrotha
Players dying on Ulgrotha will not have their role PM's revealed.

Wildfire
While on Wildfire, every 24 hours of Daytime (from the time of this announcement), a player will be killed at random.

Zendikar
While on Zendikar, every 24 hours of Daytime (from the time of this announcement), the votes required to lynch this Day will be reduced by one. If this results in a tie, the Day will continue until the tie is broken.
In addition to planeswalking, you may have or gain other abilities that can be used during the Day phase. While you are welcome to publically submit these actions in-thread, all actions can also be submitted privately by PM unless explicitly stated otherwise. If an action, including planeswalking, is publically submitted AND submitted by PM simultaneously (say, within two minutes), the PM will take priority. It is possible for the PM to say to disregard that action; the PM will still take priority, and nothing will happen. Once an action is taken it is considered to happen at the time of the ability use and cannot be reversed, even if I haven't resolved it yet.

There are a few abilities in this game that refer to "Daytime". That is a measure of real time that takes place during the Day phase. For example, if something were to happen after 24 hours of Daytime and Night was called after 14 hours, that something would occur 10 hours after the beginning of the next Day.

Please be aware that some abilities in this game will affect the dead. There will be no spectator chat and dead players are subject to exactly the same rules as living players – do not communicate outside means that I provide.
Sample Vanilla Town Role PM
Stardust, you are Urza.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Abilities: During the Day, you may vote.
Once per Day, you may planeswalk.
The Rules
1. Town is blue, Mafia is red, Neutral is gray.
2. Do not quote PM’s that you receive from me. This includes your role PM and any images. You may paraphrase, but do not talk about the formatting or anything beyond the words.
3. Do not edit or delete posts. If you have something more to say, make a new post. If you want to correct your grammar, make a new post. Anything else? Make a new post.
4. Do not talk about this game outside this game. Communication with other players must happen either in this thread or by means I provide.
5. Votes and Unvotes must be bolded. Unvoting is helpful, but not required to switch your vote.
6. If you have a question or request for me, please bold it. Questions and requests can also be PM’d to me. Don’t hesitate to ask me anything! I may not give you an answer, but I’ll always reply and am happy to help.
7. You are expected to participate in this game. Any player who has not posted in 72 hours will be prodded. Failure to reply to this prod or being prodded multiple times will result in your replacement or modkill. If you will be unable to post for some period of time, please notify me either in thread or by PM.
8. If you are unable or unwilling to continue playing, please contact me so I can find a replacement.
9. Once a lynch has been achieved, no unvotes will reverse it and no Day abilities may be used.
10. Be sporting. No trying to get modkilled, no cryptoclaiming, no outing of your scum buddies as some twisted revenge. Please don’t try to win so hard that you ruin the game in the process.
11. Thanking posts is allowed as long as you are alive in-game. Dead players and spectators may NOT thank posts.

Alive
1. hamfactorial
2. rezombad
3. rcwraspy
4. Pedrobear (replacing TubeHunter)
5. ( G_R )
6. ZombieManders (resurrected Day 5)

Dead
1. Jamie - Chandra Nalaar - Lynched Day 1
2. Manders (replacing Dechs Kaison) - Venser, Shaper Savant - Killed Night 1
3. rianalnn - Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - Killed Night 2
4. imopen2 - Kiora, the Crashing Wave - Lynched Day 3
5. WitchHunt - Karn, Silver Golem - Killed Night 3
6. RedNihilist - Sarkhan Vol - Lynched Day 4
7. Mcdonalds - Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas - Devoured Night 4
8. Col. Khaddafi - Nicol Bolas, Elder Dragon - Lynched Day 5

Replacements
None. Contact me if you want to be added to this list.

Waypoints
Day 1
Night 1
Day 2
Night 2
Day 3
Night 3
Day 4
Night 4
Day 5
Endgame

Iso link (replace my name with who you want to search for): search.php?t=3256&sf=msgonly&author=Stardust
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Day 1 - Dominarian Kidnapping

Postby Stardust » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:52 pm

Dominaria, nexus of the multiverse, focal point for all of Dominia, longtime center for planeswalkers everywhere. Seems an appropriate place to be kidnapped. Maybe even necessary.

You were just minding your own business on whatever far-flung plane when you felt it. The tingle of powerful magic, the creeping feeling of someone under your skin, and the weight of your soul, no, your spark, being bound and shackled. Your body tensed as you were brought to your knees and found you couldn't breathe. But of course you couldn't breath - you were in the swirling chaos of the Blind Eternities, planeswalking against your own will - but all you could think was this isn't possible!

Obviously it is, says a voice in your head as you come back to reality, surrounded by twelve other planeswalkers. You shakily get to your feet as the voice continues. I am sure you regret the disruption to your tiny little lives, but I assure you that you've been brought here for a greater purpose. My purpose.

You will be the first of many to play in this little game of dominance. Your sparks, along with mine, have been bound together. You look around at the other planeswalkers, each of them with the same internally focused look that you have. You can feel it. Feel the tug of their sparks on your own, as though they were trying to become one. There is no escape from this spell, and only one possible outcome. Your spark will be captured and harnessed along with everyone else's here, to be used by me. Your cooperation is appreciated.

The voice goes silent and everyone looks around at each other. Again everyone's face reads the same. Cooperation? Yeah right.

Around you is a vast world, healing from the devastation of the time rifts all those years ago. A world of elves and dwarves, men and magic, dragons and beasts. History has been made here time and time again, and countless heroes have lived and died, their stories passed down through the generations or forgotten like so many others. Vast forests, towering mountains, stinking swamps, open grasslands and savage seas cover every inch of this massive plane. In short, it's a world just like any other.

You are currently on Dominaria. It has no special abilities.

It is now Day 1. With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Bolas's Meditation Realm

Postby Stardust » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:48 pm

No sooner do you arrive and it seems you're being pulled away again! As a group you traverse the Eternities and land on a cold plane, a land of silver spires all built up for the exaltation of one being: Nicol Bolas.

You are now at Bolas's Meditation Realm. Any player not voting at the end of the Day will be untargetable for that Night. Mafia members also - mmmph!
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:53 pm

vote hamfactorial

i see you.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:55 pm

Sup cutiepie :unibrow:

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:56 pm

Who else didn't get their first choice of walker?
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:58 pm

Who walked us first?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:02 pm

I was going to walk us, but this happened while I was reading the OP flavor.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:08 pm

Likewise, especially when I saw this plane was vanilla.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:41 pm

I didn't get my requested character :-/
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:02 am

Vote stardust
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Jamie
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jamie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:08 am

I didn't get my requested character :-/
Is parcher supposed to be a good guy or bad guy? It was supposed to 'attack phryxia' and phyrixia is a bad place sometimes but 'attack' means bad things to.
Flavor gaming is truly the worst.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:13 am

So If I have this correct, we started at dominara, and then someone already planeswalked to where we are now (i.e.: Bolas's Realm)

Jamie
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jamie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:14 am

This plane sucks.

planeswalk please

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:21 am

@Mod: Do planes rules stack? I.E. when we hit the new plane because Jamie doesn't like Bolas, will the Bolas plane rule of no vote = untargetable still be in effect for the Night?

Also, chosen at random, weighted according to how recently we've been there means we can repeat visits to planes, right?
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:24 am

I mean, I assume so. I don't know what would be the point of letting us all plains walk every single day if we couldn't come back to them.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:29 am

I assume so too but want to make sure, and it could become relevant at some point.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:29 am

unvote
To where?
To where?
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

Jamie
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jamie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:40 am

the plane is chosen at random when you choose to planeswalk

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:43 am

unvote
To where?
To where?
Wow. It's almost like you read the game mechanics.

I guess we know you didn't do the initial walk, though.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:59 am

Each plane's effect on the game last only as long as you are on that plane unless it says otherwise. Now that you've planeswalked, this plane's effect will not last for the Night.

You can (and likely will) revisit planes, but they will be less likely to show up than planes you haven't visited yet. The only impossibility is that you won't planeswalk to the same plane you just left.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Ulgrotha

Postby Stardust » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:01 am

As you slip away from the silver spires and back into the infinite planes, you can't help thinking that this might get old fast. And it does. Right now, in fact. Even before you open your eyes, you know that something is wrong. The design of this plane is flawed somehow. Weak. Dark. In the distance you can make out the castle of Baron Sengir, the vampire overlord of this plane, and you already feel like leaving.

You are now on Ulgrotha. Players who die here will not have their role PM's revealed.
҉

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:19 am

Who else didn't get their first choice of walker?
You trying to flavor game?

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:41 am

Flavour to come.

You are now on Ulgrotha. Players who die here will not have their role PM's revealed.
Planeswalk.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:21 am

wow, this whole shifting the scenery every couple posts doesn't really allow us to see how people interact within the boundries of that unique set of rules/mechanics...anyone think of that? or are you all just desperately trying to search for your home-base?

for example, if someone wanted to be untargetable, they could have just not voted...and that's at least a little behavior we could analyze. anyone have other opinions on this? maybe i'm looking at it wrong?

anyways

Vote: RCW

because this was stupid:
Vote stardust
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:44 am

I didn't get my first choice.

I'd like you guys to stop planeswalking randomly, some planes could be dangerous.

Jamie
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jamie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:58 am

the rules for the planes so far has been worse for town than a vanilla plane. We should keep walking until we find a good one, then stop.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:16 am

Im kinda with Imopen on this one. I do think we should hold off on the planeswalking until at least everyone has a chance to post once.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:20 pm

No. Not revealing aPM on death is probably the worst possible plane for town. We had to leave that one.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:47 pm

Yup, that would be awful.
Still I fear that some planes could be ACTUALLY dangerous.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:49 pm

I'm suspicious of everyone who opposed these planeswalks.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:56 pm

We should be walking until we find at least a neutral plane. Walking should be done publicly. I'd expect that if we find a Town advantage plane that it will be walked away from by PM and at the last minute. By us walking publicly, it will narrow down suspects for private walks.

I also suspect someone has a walk twice per day ability to throw a little wrench in this plan.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:19 pm

I support walking away from an anonymizer plane.

Imopen2, I can't jokingly non-vote the mod? Not even when it's stardust?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Rabiah the Infinite

Postby Stardust » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:29 pm

No sooner do you arrive on this dark and forboding plane then you're swirling through the Eternities again, blinded by chaos, then blinded by harsh sunlight. It takes a moment for your eyes to adjust from the shifting energy to the shifting sands surrounding you, but when they do, you see you're on a desert world. Rabiah the Infinite was long ago refracted into one thousand and one aligned but distinct planes. Even now, you can feel yourself existing alongside... yourself. How peculiar...

You are now on Rabiah. While on Rabiah, two votecounts will be kept separately, with each player able to vote as normal in both. When a majority of votes is reached in one votecount, voting there stops immediately and voting will stop for the other votecount one hour later. This allows the possibility for two lynches in one Day.

When you leave Rabiah, only the primary votecount will be carried over to the new plane even if a lynch has already been achieved in the secondary votecount (ie: if a majority of votes have been reached, but the hour hasn't passed yet to make it final).

When you vote, please write either Vote1 [player] or Vote2 [player]. If you write neither, it will be assumed to be the primary.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:33 pm

Primary Votecount

rcwraspy (1): imopen2

Not voting: Lord_Mcdonalds, hamfactorial, RedNihilist, rcwraspy, TubeHunter, Jamie, Dechs Kaison, rianalnn, Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R ), WitchHunt, rezombad

Secondary Votecount

Not voting: Lord_Mcdonalds, hamfactorial, imopen2, RedNihilist, rezombad, rcwraspy, TubeHunter, Jamie, Dechs Kaison, rianalnn, Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R ), WitchHunt

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.
҉

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:56 pm

Why the fuck did you idiots walk us off of dominaria within like 5 posts. Seriously wtf.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:05 pm

:rofl:

LOUD NOISES!

Why is everyone so mad? Kpaca isn't a dog this game, so we're off to a much better start.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:25 pm

Why the fuck did you idiots walk us off of dominaria within like 5 posts. Seriously wtf.
Whoever did the first walk did it privately. Everyone else had been walking as damage control.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Yeah, the anyonomous plane was terrible, so leaving that is a given. Im just saying I want to hear from everyone before whizzing around to other planes

On the other hand, Double voting counts? How does everyone feel about that?

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:43 pm

it all depends on how much activity we get I guess. it's dangerous but also gives good info if it's off decent wagons.

Return to “Completed Games”