Planechase Mafia - Game Over

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

rezombad
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby rezombad » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:53 am

For some reason when I read it, manders part didn't enter my brain, so it was just you responding to kpaca by saying it wasn't you. Carry on.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:20 pm

"Shut the fuck up, dude. Obviously he's playing along because he sees no reason not to...AS HE'S ALREADY STATED."

Fuck you.
If I ask for clarification I'm trying to get explicit stances or statements. Its because I genuinely want to understand their position without trying to influence them.
No. You are asking fluff questions that require no clarification just so you can look like you're doing something. Your "questions" reek of scum playing along.

So shut the fuck up.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:57 pm

planeswalk
Why?

unvote
i'm following Ria's plan.
Why?
I think the plan is flawed because we don't have good info but the plan is a way to get some info. So it's circular and the only thing to do is act. I don't see it harming anything yet and if it does then we can nix the plan for subsequent game days.

But more importantly because others have given it the OK so it seems like most players are in agreement. Hopefully that means it's what town wants.
So if most people weren't down with the plan, you wouldn't do it?
Correct. I didn't see the value but there seemed to be a consensus at that time.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:29 pm

"Your "questions" reek of scum playing along. "

I don't understand this part
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:25 pm

Vote Jamie

To be honest, I think you are scum.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:05 pm

unvote

vote TubeHunter
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:19 pm

So If I have this correct, we started at dominara, and then someone already planeswalked to where we are now (i.e.: Bolas's Realm)
Looking like contributing but not really adding anything. "So if I have this correct" is a nice little waffle-maker.
Im kinda with Imopen on this one. I do think we should hold off on the planeswalking until at least everyone has a chance to post once.
Imopen is also on my scum list, and this could be some a scum buddy slip. Also, waiting until everybody posts before planeswalking seems like fishing for role information. Contrast that with my not wanting to planeswalk because I just didn't see the value in it.
Yeah, the anyonomous plane was terrible, so leaving that is a given. Im just saying I want to hear from everyone before whizzing around to other planes

On the other hand, Double voting counts? How does everyone feel about that?
role fishing x2. Once re: planeswalking, and once re: double voting.
One question I would like to ask is why did Jamie walk away from Bolas's meditation realm so fast?

Was the effect of that plain worthy of leaving super early?
uhh... Bolas's meditation realm is super scummy... at least, it has larger upside for scum than it does for town.
So by hopping around, we chance ourself to a bad plane, but then we will play a relatively normal game for the rest of the day. Color me intrigued. I'll bite on this plan

If we go by we have:

WALKED
Jamie, wraspy, rin, imopen, LMD, Dechs, Zombad.

NOT
Me, Col, GR, Red, Ham, Witch.

I can volunteer myself for next plains walk if needed.

For suspecion, I can't say that i'm not suspisous of Ham. The way he is acting is scarly close to his past scum games. (imo) The fluff posts mostly, those one line throwaways that don't say anything, that is what makes me suspicious.

Vote: hamfactorial
This contradicts his earlier desire to wait until we had heard from everybody before planeswalking. By itself that isn't necessarily scummy, but he seems to go above and beyond in the attempt to appear town. "Color me intrigued" just ins't necessary from a town mindset. Then he summarizes, which makes him look like contributing but not actually doing so. Then throws out a fairly random vote on Ham.
I don't particularly care, I just think that votes without substance don't add anything to the game, so I would've liked to see some reasoning.
This isn't super scummy, but it could be him trying to figure out how to improve his town game.
Im going to unvote for right now, gotta think things over.
This is usually a scummy thing to say/do. Especially with no follow up later.
Am I going to have to show you guys why TubeHunter is scum? UGH!

That's not happening til the weekend at the earliest.

I mean, it wouldn't hurt your case to actually explain things lol.
Again trying to figure out how to get out from under Manders' suspicion.
Vote Jamie

The vote itself is null, but "to be honest" is a scum-phrase.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Votecount

Jamie (3): Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R ), TubeHunter
rcwraspy (3): rianalnn, rezombad, Mcdonalds
rianalnn (2): RedNihilist, WitchHunt
TubeHunter (2): Manders, rcwraspy
hamfactorial (1): Jamie

Not voting: hamfactorial, imopen2

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Tentative Deadline set for Tuesday April 28, 8:00 am MT. Deadline Clock.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:24 pm

imopen2, Col. Khaddafi and WitchHunt have been prodded.

If rianalnn hasn't posted by Monday, I'll look for a replacement/modkill.
҉

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:28 pm

I'll prod him via text. Just HEY GO POST IN DA GAME. Promise. :D

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:29 pm

"Your "questions" reek of scum playing along. "

I don't understand this part
They are weak and offer no insight.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:29 pm

And, yes, I mean I think you are scum, too.

Just one thing at a time.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:31 pm

rcwraspy are those all of his posts?

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:32 pm

rcwraspy are those all of his posts?
not all, but probably 90% of them.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:33 pm

well, I shouldn't give a percentage without doing the math - just a significant majority of his posts.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:37 pm

The "to be honest" tell has been null for me in past games. Some people just say it a lot, along with "I mean" which is endemic to the Magic community.

The rest of your case on him is interesting, though. I hadn't really noticed TH before.

My favorite scum tell is inactivity, but that's been historically bad for me.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:38 pm

"inactivity" is my assumption as to why Manders asked if that was all his posts.

I got nailed on "to be honest" when I was playing scum once, so it's on my radar.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:42 pm

I enjoy dicking around on D1 to see who votes me because of it. Town reasons and scum reasons for voting me are typically very distinct.

I'll go back through to see who voted me and illustrate the mindset I see in that vote.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:31 pm

So If I have this correct, we started at dominara, and then someone already planeswalked to where we are now (i.e.: Bolas's Realm)
Looking like contributing but not really adding anything. "So if I have this correct" is a nice little waffle-maker.
Im kinda with Imopen on this one. I do think we should hold off on the planeswalking until at least everyone has a chance to post once.
Imopen is also on my scum list, and this could be some a scum buddy slip. Also, waiting until everybody posts before planeswalking seems like fishing for role information. Contrast that with my not wanting to planeswalk because I just didn't see the value in it.
As town, we didnt have enough (in my opinon) information to implicate anyone, much less whiz around to a different plain.
Yeah, the anyonomous plane was terrible, so leaving that is a given. Im just saying I want to hear from everyone before whizzing around to other planes

I'm not trying to antagonize you or anything, but fishing? What is the harm in asking public questions about mechanics that all memebers of the town have to share?
One question I would like to ask is why did Jamie walk away from Bolas's meditation realm so fast?

uhh... Bolas's meditation realm is super scummy... at least, it has larger upside for scum than it does for town.
I mean, does it? I don't know if that was set in stone so much that it was abosulte. I just wanted to know, especially since we had already left.
So by hopping around, we chance ourself to a bad plane, but then we will play a relatively normal game for the rest of the day. Color me intrigued. I'll bite on this plan

If we go by we have:

WALKED

NOT

For suspecion, I can't say that i'm not suspisous of Ham. The way he is acting is scarly close to his past scum games. (imo) The fluff posts mostly, those one line throwaways that don't say anything, that is what makes me suspicious.

This contradicts his earlier desire to wait until we had heard from everybody before planeswalking. By itself that isn't necessarily scummy, but he seems to go above and beyond in the attempt to appear town. "Color me intrigued" just ins't necessary from a town mindset. Then he summarizes, which makes him look like contributing but not actually doing so. Then throws out a fairly random vote on Ham.
This was after Ria and several others already walked in a row. I even said that i was intruiged and wanted to go along with the Ria's plan.
I don't particularly care, I just think that votes without substance don't add anything to the game, so I would've liked to see some reasoning.
This isn't super scummy, but it could be him trying to figure out how to improve his town game.
It's a scummy thing to unvote?

Or, you know, Just wanting to hear an explanation.
Vote Jamie

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:56 pm

The yellow is a tad unreadable, do you mind reposting that in a darker color

(On my phone most of the time, otherwise I'd just highlight it

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:00 pm

It's pretty obnoxious. It's readable if you have a highlight function, but against a white background it may as well be invisible.

Could Stardust make it red?

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:25 am

Or he could just learn to use the quote function.

I'll have much to say over this weekend, but probably not tonight.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:20 am

]As town, we didnt have enough (in my opinon) information to implicate anyone, much less whiz around to a different plain.

not trying to antagonize you or anything, but fishing? What is the harm in asking public questions about mechanics that all memebers of the town have to share?

]I mean, does it? I don't know if that was set in stone so much that it was abosulte. I just wanted to know, especially since we had already left.

If we go by we have:

WALKED

NOT

[]This was after Ria and several others already walked in a row. I even said that i was intruiged and wanted to go along with the Ria's plan.
]It's a scummy thing to unvote?

[]Or, you know, Just wanting to hear an explanation.
Vote Jamie

Repost with red text, sorry, wasn't even thinking

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:53 am

hey fellow walkers, I'm back, but I see not much has been happening, typical day 1 stuff.
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:45 pm

In regards to the role fishing, finding out that information is more beneficial to scum early on than town imo.

I understand the curiosity between what the Mafia members mmpf bit could actually be, but I personally believe that plane should just be avoided. I'd just rather not risk it.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:07 am

hey fellow walkers, I'm back, but I see not much has been happening, typical day 1 stuff.
Town/scum list please.

Input coming tomorrow.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:41 am

Raspy's case is good, but I'm still not sold on that.
That TBH thing is not something I'd rely upon, and the "Bolas meditation realm is protown" thing was the very reason thatmade me vote for kpaca, but nobody seemed to care at the time.
Not tha

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:01 pm

"to be honest" implies a sub-conscious acknowledgement of prior dishonesty. That's why it's a small scum tell in my book. But that wasn't the crux of the PBPA - just one thing of many.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:35 pm

Town/scum list please.

Input coming tomorrow.
That's easy

Town: Ria - He came up with a plan to help town get info, and I don't believe that Bolas stuff was any gambit.

Everyone else: Null
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:41 am

Alright let's get things moving, there's a deadline upon us.

Unvote
Vote TubeHunter

Because reasons.
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:23 am

@ham/imopen, who do you think is scum?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:51 pm

Searching for a replacement for rianalnn. imopen2 told me he'd get a post up today.

Deadline extended 48 hours in order to get responses back about the replacement. If I haven't replaced rianalnn by deadline, he will be modkilled. If I find a replacement, the deadline will be extended again.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:08 pm

Pedrobear replaces rianalnn. Thanks for stepping up and welcome to the game!

Deadline has been extended to Friday May 1, 9:00 am MT (same time as this post) to give Pedrobear a chance to catch up. Deadline Clock.
҉

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:24 pm

Unvote

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Votecount

Jamie (2): Col. Khaddafi, TubeHunter
rcwraspy (2): rezombad, Mcdonalds
rianalnn (1): WitchHunt
TubeHunter (3): Manders, rcwraspy, ( G_R )
hamfactorial (1): Jamie

Not voting: hamfactorial, imopen2, Pedrobear, RedNihilist

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.
҉

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Town/scum list please.

Input coming tomorrow.
That's easy

Town: Ria - He came up with a plan to help town get info, and I don't believe that Bolas stuff was any gambit.

Everyone else: Null
You think that plan was enough to convince you he's Town?

I mean, irrelevant now since replaced, but still...

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:40 pm

Raspy's case is good, but I'm still not sold on that.
That TBH thing is not something I'd rely upon, and the "Bolas meditation realm is protown" thing was the very reason thatmade me vote for kpaca, but nobody seemed to care at the time.
Not tha
Finish your thought...

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:41 pm

Sorry I was busy/sick (both are correct) this weekend.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:15 pm

@ham/imopen, who do you think is scum?
I don't know. Both TH and Jamie voted me for weak reasons, but I can't assign strong scum motivation to them on D1. There's so little to work with.

Between the two, Jamie seems more scummy. It's a very weak read, though.

I think Ria was town.

The rest of the field is null.

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:59 pm

My bad dawgs. Decided to work at a job last week. Did we finish the plan?

Return to “Completed Games”