Planechase Mafia - Game Over

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

rezombad
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby rezombad » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:51 pm

Yeah, the first planeswalk was me.

I tried to go somewhere cool.

In retrospect, I feel more valuable discussion has been gleaned from that than any sort of RVS.

vote rcwraspy

I don't like his 'you trying to flavor game' post. and the timing and wording on his post following me saying I was suspicious of people that didn't support walking away pinged me as well. His appeal to imopen doesn't seem right to me, though the nonvote on stardust is null.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:13 pm

OK, so you knew that we couldn't choose where to walk to, bit you asked Ham and I where we wanted to go like you didn't understand the mechanics.

Vote: Rez
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:20 pm

Rez why did you pm the walk instead of posting it in the thread?
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:20 pm

I'm suspicious of everyone who opposed these planeswalks.
Why?

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:25 pm

In retrospect, I feel more valuable discussion has been gleaned from that than any sort of RVS.

vote rcwraspy

I don't like his 'you trying to flavor game' post. and the timing and wording on his post following me saying I was suspicious of people that didn't support walking away pinged me as well. His appeal to imopen doesn't seem right to me, though the nonvote on stardust is null.
These reasons make no sense. And I was responding to Dechs, not you. He posted between you and me.
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:29 pm

OK, so you knew that we couldn't choose where to walk to, bit you asked Ham and I where we wanted to go like you didn't understand the mechanics.

Vote: Rez
No, I thought someone else walked after I did and that was why we ended up where we did. I clarified with stardust shortly before my post that I was, in fact, responsible for walking to bolas' meditation realm
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:36 pm

vote rcwraspy

These reasons make no sense. And I was responding to Dechs, not you. He posted between you and me.
I didn't mean to imply that you were replying to me. Reread it with the understanding that I meant following as in you posted after I did.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:59 pm

Alright bros, while we're here in double vote city, let's get to double voting!

Because of the unique rules here, if we treat the secondary vote as our regular vote, then try to fill up the primary, the secondary vote acts as a kind of scum-tell trap. Assuming that we can get the town to value the win more than their lives, this could be effective.

I personally pledge to not walk away if I'm the secondary vote lynch candidate.

If we planeswalk away from here, the secondary vote disappears and whoever has a lynch vote will be spared. A scum player has motive to walk away if he's a lynch candidate in the secondary vote. A scum player has motive to stay put if a townie is the lynch candidate in the secondary vote. Any walk away from a lynch in the secondary vote will be immediately suspicious.

I assume that a dead confirmed town is better than an alive question mark, so I will offer myself up as a candidate for the secondary vote.

If you think this plan is dumb, continue voting as normal.

Vote2: hamfactorial

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:26 pm

vote 2: Ham

Fair enough, but I think we should fill up the second vote first anyway. If we don't, then there's a brief window where the second lynch can walk to save himself and end the day.

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:38 pm

Under normal circumstances any player would planeswalk away if they were going to die, town or not imo (If they haven't walked already that is). Is that really considered scum bait?

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:48 pm

vote1: Rezombad

vote2: Rezombad

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:49 pm

I was invincible on dominaria. Good thing we just decided to planeswalk 5 times like some idiots before everyone even confirmed.

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:49 pm

Now I'm fucking vanilla and will remain such likely the whole game. Thanks.

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:50 pm

And know I'm not a dog I'm a sarcastic and somewhat rude planeswalker and am currently roleplaying that character much as I roleplayed a dog in the last game.

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:50 pm

So hint hint hint I think I'm smarter than you.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:55 pm

Primary Votecount

rcwraspy (2): imopen2, rezombad
rezombad (2): Dechs Kaison, rianalnn

Not voting: Lord_Mcdonalds, hamfactorial, RedNihilist, rcwraspy, TubeHunter, Jamie, Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R ), WitchHunt

Secondary Votecount

hamfactorial (2): hamfactorial, Dechs Kaison
rezombad (1): rianalnn

Not voting: Lord_Mcdonalds, imopen2, RedNihilist, rezombad, rcwraspy, TubeHunter, Jamie, Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R ), WitchHunt

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.
҉

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:06 pm

One question I would like to ask is why did Jamie walk away from Bolas's meditation realm so fast?

Was the effect of that plain worthy of leaving super early?

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:10 pm

Obviously he has some ability he wishes to use.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:47 pm

No really, cut that shit out guys
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Could you specify what shit you would like is to cut out?

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:54 pm

Us. Goddamn auto correct.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:06 pm

Hey Rez, which plane did you attempt to walk to?

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:17 pm

vote rcwraspy

I didn't mean to imply that you were replying to me. Reread it with the understanding that I meant following as in you posted after I did.
So because I said something similar to what you said, you equate that with me trying to buddy you?

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:18 pm

Because of the unique rules here, if we treat the secondary vote as our regular vote, then try to fill up the primary, the secondary vote acts as a kind of scum-tell trap. Assuming that we can get the town to value the win more than their lives, this could be effective.

If we planeswalk away from here, the secondary vote disappears and whoever has a lynch vote will be spared. A scum player has motive to walk away if he's a lynch candidate in the secondary vote. A scum player has motive to stay put if a townie is the lynch candidate in the secondary vote. Any walk away from a lynch in the secondary vote will be immediately suspicious.

I assume that a dead confirmed town is better than an alive question mark, so I will offer myself up as a candidate for the secondary vote.

Doesn't this all fall apart if someone planewalks via PM? We won't know who did the walking (though POE eliminates those who already have).

Jamie
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jamie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:39 pm

Doesn't this all fall apart if someone planewalks via PM? We won't know who did the walking (though POE eliminates those who already have).
Once that happens, which it will, we demand to know who walked and why and they'll make some claim about being lovers or mason or something not-scum and we kill them anyway. Even if it works out like that, it's still better than a regular vote because the potential for new information is higher.
I was invincible on dominaria. Good thing we just decided to planeswalk 5 times like some idiots before everyone even confirmed.
Is this serious? There is a 0% chance we remain on dominaria day1. You have nothing to be angry about.
One question I would like to ask is why did Jamie walk away from Bolas's meditation realm so fast?

Probably not. We could have gamed it like we are gaming this one. Looking back now though, I'm glad I did because doublevote-plane is way better than novote=immunityPlane.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:43 pm

Now I'm fucking vanilla and will remain such likely the whole game. Thanks.
We're probably going to visit planes more than once at this rate, don't worry.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:47 pm

It does muck things up a bit, but I'm sure there are ways to discover who walked us after the deed has been done.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:50 pm

unvote
Vote tubehunter

-----

That's some solid motivation there paca.

-----

That plan doesn't work to find scum since there are like 10 planeswalks left which can be submitted privately.

Assuming I read your plan correctly

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:52 pm

Oh and innistrad.

I don't have any abilities on any planes as some of you apparently do, I just thought it would be cool.

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:39 pm

Once that happens, which it will, we demand to know who walked and why and they'll make some claim about being lovers or mason or something not-scum and we kill them anyway. Even if it works out like that, it's still better than a regular vote because the potential for new information is higher.
Is this serious? There is a 0% chance we remain on dominaria day1. You have nothing to be angry about.

Probably not. We could have gamed it like we are gaming this one. Looking back now though, I'm glad I did because doublevote-plane is way better than novote=immunityPlane.
There is no such thing as a zero percent chance. That said, my chances would be higher if idiots didnt unilaterally planeswalk willy nilly.

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:42 pm

Could you specify what shit you would like is to cut out?
Fucking planeswalking.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:48 pm

You're mad that people wanted to try out the planeswalk mechanic in a game themed completely around planeswalking? Did you tell them "hey I'm invincible here, let's not leave"?

If no, sit down and quit yer bitching.

:argh:

Jamie
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jamie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:53 pm

I'd planeswalk another 3 times right now if I could

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:19 am

unvote
Vote tubehunter
I mean, At least provide some insight on why you vote the way you do. We're not in rvs anymore.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:35 am

I'd planeswalk another 3 times right now if I could
Yeah wouldn't that be cool, right?
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:37 am

Jamie is so cool and edgy

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:47 am

unvote
Vote tubehunter
I mean, At least provide some insight on why you vote the way you do. We're not in rvs anymore.
Why are you posting response to me here and not Jamie?

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:48 am

What's your guess? With a plane that rewards people for not voting, how would that impact town and how would that impact scum?

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:53 am

You're mad that people wanted to try out the planeswalk mechanic in a game themed completely around planeswalking? Did you tell them "hey I'm invincible here, let's not leave"?

If no, sit down and quit yer bitching.

:argh:
Did I have a chance to say that before people started unilaterally planeswalking for no reason and nigh immedietly?

Nope. So shut your pie hole if youre going to come at me with that weak shit.

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:54 am

As a matter of fact im pretty sure my first post was "fuck all this planeswalking" so it would appear that I'm acting pretty fucking in line wit how I feel.

Return to “Completed Games”