WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2 (Abandoned)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby ( G_R ) » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:51 pm

Hmm... I didn't get my alignment of choice, only the role. Did anyone else get both?
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Stardust » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:08 pm

It doesn't matter whether or not others got both. It's explicitly possible from the OP, so no question there.

Hunter, why do you say that I'm specifically letting Pedro skate by? I don't recall you asking him anything this game either.
҉

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby hamfactorial » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:10 pm

It's possible from the OP, and I got my role and alignment. Hunt getting what he wanted isn't unusual from my POV.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:22 pm

Pretty sure Manders is town from page 1.
How'd you come to that conclusion? Why did you participate in getting me to L-2 if you felt this way based on this post?
So, a little modgaming for shits and gigs...

There is most likely 2 scum, 1 "other aligned" alignment, correct? I mean, why have the option for other alignments if he isn't going to choose them. We could do a claim of the alignment people sent to Dechs... Or we could claim the role as well.
What are people feeling? Any claims, no claims, wait a day before we get into bullshit lazy play...?
I'd be willing to go first.

We could also just claim whether we got the full role we submitted or not. Bound to be some of us who did.
You never got much of a response to your call for claims here, Hunter. What do you make of that? Why did you roll over as soon as Manders said no?
Feel free to let him answer first if you so choose, but I'd like to know why you deliberately ignored Tordeck's statement of declination when proposing this question to Hunt.
I would like Stardust to elaborate on how it is cool that I was put to L-2 so quickly and laughably.
Not like you were going to get lynched. A Page 1 L-2 wagon often leads to some great stuff. I didn't actually want you to claim, for the record. When I mentioned it I wasn't even thinking about you claiming. Though I guess I could have goofed off a little less, calling attention to the fact that you were at L-2 was both to make sure further votes would be held accountable and so that everyone would be aware and react accordingly (hopefully helping to get a read on where they stand).

I did actually miss PedroBear's vote though. That wasn't a lie. If I hadn't, I would have called attention to the L-2 immediately.
You know, I'm gonna let this slide. You were obviously goofing off, anyone who doesn't/didn't see that is blind or doesn't know you at all.
Your flat out no statement killed any other reactions I might get because everyone follows you like a bunch of puppies around here.
What makes you say that?
I already asked him that?
I'd kill Kpaca now that I know it is him. That makes the mod vote that much more worse in my eyes.
Why is a mod vote worse coming from kpaca?
And this.
As an aside (since weve run this setup before) no one would have gotten the full role+alignment they asked for.
No, they could have. Dechs is fine to take the role you picked then choose an alignment for you, even if that alignment is the same one you submitted. Says so right in the OP.
DOWN WITH MODGAMING
I almost never react to votes what are you on? I generally dont believe anyone can lynch me.
Wasn't it a vote on you that started your fight with Dechs in the planechase game?
Wouldnt it have been easier to get people to jump on kpaca(or anyone) with even the flimsiest of accusations?
I don't think so. I mean, yeah, I could have made the kpaca wagon more solid by giving reasons, but I wasn't looking to lynch kpaca. I find naked votes more effective in the early game because it leaves doubt whether or not I'm serious. For some reason certain people around here are terrified to fall into some elaborate trap I'm setting up (that usually doesn't exist). I also don't want to be held accountable for things I don't actually believe, but still want the freedom to weild my vote.

Red, from the wording on your Huntzilla section in that same post it seems like you intended to come back to him. Have you got a read on him now?

But what I was thinking was why bother answering at all if you didn't like the idea. Of the questions are that bad, why put forth the effort to still even partially comply? Didn't make sense.

If I'm scum to him why listen to my requests at all?
Did you read his responses? He was essentially pointing out why those questions make you scum.
Answers to Hunter's questions
1. When did you start playing mafia?
A few years ago. Can't remember without going back to MTGS to check. 2010? 2011?

2. Where was your home site when you started?
MTGS.

3. Who do you feel is the best analyst in this game?
Me. Probably Manders though. kpaca's good too.

4. Who do you feel is the best scum player in the game, or who would you be afraid of as scum in this game?
kpaca, I guess? Red is scary good at dodging my scumdar too.

5. Are you yourself better as town or scum?
About the same, but I prefer playing as town.

6. What is your favorite alignment to roll?
Serial Killer.

7. What game was your best performance?
It would be easier to list games I didn't play well. :? /ego
If you agree those questions make him scum, why did you answer them?

For the record, I don't think they MAKE him scum. I could see either alignment asking them and don't see the harm in answering them, which I will do now:

1. When did you start playing mafia?
Normalville Mafia was my first game, which started on Nov 21, 2009.

2. Where was your home site when you started?
MTGS

3. Who do you feel is the best analyst in this game?
Stardust and kpaca are both strong analysts, but I feel like this is a fluff question. You've been around long enough to have your own ideas on this.

4. Who do you feel is the best scum player in the game, or who would you be afraid of as scum in this game?
No one. Town don't fear no Scum, and why would I be afraid of my buddies if I were Scum?
(I'm serious about the first part, I've finally evolved into a player that isn't afraid of anyone when Town. I'm only afraid of myself.)

5. Are you yourself better as town or scum?
1000 times better as Town.

6. What is your favorite alignment to roll?
Town, specifically a Mason. It's extremely helpful to me to have someone to bounce my ideas/thoughts off of.

7. What game was your best performance?
Ogre Mafia, I was non-confirmed Masons (Blood Brothers technically, but same) with Seppel, which shouldn't have been a great situation. Fortunately for us we WERE both Town, and we figured it out relatively quickly. We (and I do mean "We". Seppel and I led that game from beginning to end. Even after I was killed by SCARED SCUM, I ran the show, somehow) proceeded to lynch the Hitman D1, NK Azrael (who was Scum) N2, lynch zindabad D3, execute a MARVELOUS lynch on Cyan D4 (he was Town, but that was still a marvelous feat because, goddamn, Seppel and I LYNCHED CYAN. We were positive we had evidence of him lying due to a misunderstanding.) then lynched the final 2 Scum D5 and D6 (after I was killed N5, but I'd already provided enough information in-thread for any of said last Scum's bullshit to be called upon.)

That game was amazing for so many reasons.

Best Scum performance was Basic #44 Super Mario World Mafia. As George Washington (gimmick HO!) I ran that game. IDK why I did so well because I've played as another gimmick (Lairy Fights in Basic #40 Stick It Mafia) and didn't do nearly as well, and I was Town there! But, IIRC, not one person suspected me all game in SMW Mafia.

Sometime this weekend, I'll add links to the games in my Mafia History post. I'd do it today, but my job is BRILLIANT and has Sally blocked, but not our little, perfect site. :D

EBWOP: Oh, I see Hunt claimed. 1 question: does your role PM SPECIFICALLY state you will kill ALL players who target you, as you state in the underlined portion below?
I received Town Paranoid Gun Owner.
The first night I am targeted I will kill all players that targeted me that night. I win when there are no threats to the town left alive, or nothing can prevent this.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Manders » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:23 pm

STFU about him getting exactly what he asked for. It's irrelevant mod-gaming, and we're not doing it, dammit.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Manders » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:25 pm

Hunt, also, where did you interact with a PGO before?

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:29 pm

Pedrobear has been prodded.
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

Huntzilla
Newcomer

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Huntzilla » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:11 pm

It doesn't matter whether or not others got both. It's explicitly possible from the OP, so no question there.

Hunter, why do you say that I'm specifically letting Pedro skate by? I don't recall you asking him anything this game either.
I chose Pedro because I can specifically remember that he has not done much of anything. Red and Rezombad I get mixed up for some reason, probably to do with the Re at the start of their names and my lack of familiarity with them. But I don't recall too much they've done either.

Huntzilla
Newcomer

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Huntzilla » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:19 pm

Hunt, also, where did you interact with a PGO before?
Never have in a real mafia game. They use the veteran role in Town of Salem, I had some fun playing with it in that game, which LOOSELY resembles mafia. I just liked the interaction it would likely have with the role madness game because I felt it was highly likely that people would have targeting roles, and I love seeing people flip, either alignment. It's my favorite part of the game.

Also to answer your other question, it states ANY AND ALL PLAYERS in my pm.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Manders » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:04 pm

I don't believe you.

Confirm vote.

Huntzilla
Newcomer

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Huntzilla » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:47 pm

I don't believe you.

Confirm vote.
About the fact it would kill all players?

Why would it not? How would it distinguish between those targeting me?

Maybe I was wrong to write you off as town so early. It looks scummy to be so scared of the mechanic, because as scum it means it takes away the ability to nightkill me effectively, which makes you HAVE to lynch me. Unless an unsuspecting townie took the hit first and removed my ability, then you would be fine to go ahead and off me.

So please, enlighten me as to why you wouldn't believe me? :munch:

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:20 pm

I don't believe you.

Confirm vote.
About the fact it would kill all players?
No, that probably is how it works if that's what he said.

I don't believe this makes you Town.
Why would it not? How would it distinguish between those targeting me?
Only time I've ever seen it, it stated the first person to target the PGO at Night was killed.
Maybe I was wrong to write you off as town so early. It looks scummy to be so scared of the mechanic, because as scum it means it takes away the ability to nightkill me effectively, which makes you HAVE to lynch me. Unless an unsuspecting townie took the hit first and removed my ability, then you would be fine to go ahead and off me.
I'm not afraid of the mechanic. I don't believe you are Town.

How does it take away the ability to NK you effectively if you are Scum?
But, the only way we have to lynch you is if Town has NO killing power at night. And I find that hard to believe as well.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby rezombad » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:01 am

I dont think claiming pgo makes sense if you are a pgo.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:51 am

<- back
I'll catch up with things now

Pedrobear

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Pedrobear » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:40 am

I dont think claiming pgo makes sense if you are a pgo.

Well that kind of makes sense to me. If I understand well this role, he's more likely to be targeted by any town power role during night than by a scum player if he doesn't claim.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:18 am

Hi Pedro, welcome back.
Mind giving us some general impressions you've got about the game?

Hunt: why did you claim PGO?
Red and Rezombad I get mixed up for some reason, probably to do with the Re at the start of their names and my lack of familiarity with them. But I don't recall too much they've done either.
For future reference: I'm like rezmo but sexier.

Huntzilla
Newcomer

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Huntzilla » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:29 pm

I claimed my role for a few reasons. Townies knowing what I am are far less likely to be murdered by me accidentally. I was in claim range after being run up. And to see who is terribly scared of my role. Scum won't like the idea that I will take whoever performs the nightkill out with me.

I will have to call you Sexy Red from here on out.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:10 pm

Claiming was the proper move.
I still don't see why choosing PGO as your preferred role of choice to just end up claiming like this.

Huntzilla
Newcomer

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Huntzilla » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:31 pm

It wasn't great, or the way I hoped it went down, but does have some added benefits. Less likely for me to kill accidentally. That is of course reliant upon people believing me, and me surviving toDay.

Do Scum have watch at here? I'm wondering if they have the ability to coordinate right now.

Huntzilla
Newcomer

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Huntzilla » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:32 pm

*day chat
Freaking phone post

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:50 pm

Why do you care that much about being killed?

Huntzilla
Newcomer

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Huntzilla » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:21 pm

Because it's the point of the game... Killing Scum and staying alive as long as you can to help your team.

Wanna help my team win.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby rezombad » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:18 pm

Because it's the point of the game... Killing Scum and staying alive as long as you can to help your team.

Wanna help my team win.
Who are you voting for again?
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:32 am

Votecount 1.3

Stardust (2): Tordeck, Ham
Manders (1): Pedrobear
Huntzilla (4): Manders, MoJo, MoJo, (G_R)

Not voting: rezombad, RedNihilist, Huntzilla, Stardust

Pretty sure that's right. With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch.
He's not voting anyone.

Why not, Hunt?

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:29 am

Wanna help my team win.
Of course it is. Except it's not.

I've never played as a PGO, but if I did I'm pretty sure I'd rather claim Cop or Doctor in order to paint a target on my back for scum, as THAT is the point of the game and winning post-mortem is real.

All in all, I think you chose to claim PGO because you felt like there were low chances of another PGO being in the game to counterclaim you, but I don't feel like you're playing like a PGO would.
I don't think you're Town, I think you just wanted to buy your survival by appearing useful to us.

I'm not voting you because I'd prefer to see if Pedro is going to play with us before putting you at L-1, but that's all.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby ( G_R ) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:04 pm

OK then.

Hey Huntz, here's our predicament: We can only know if you're telling the truth after you flip. If you're town and scum believes you, you'll never be the NK. You'd have to convince us of your towniness every day or get lynched at some point. And if there's someone with a vig shot who doesn't believe you we might start D2 with -3 townies or 4 if someone else was mislynched instead. Or you're lying scum and we should lynch you, better sooner than later.

I believe the latter to be the case, and even if I'm wrong, it will be more useful to town than keeping you alive.
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Huntzilla
Newcomer

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Huntzilla » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Ok. Fair enough! It's been fun playing with you guys, and I will definitely play again.

I have been waiting on Stardust to give me something more, but I never found another votable point to highlight. So I have been chilling waiting for the wagon on me to dissolve or go through.

Just for the record when I flip town, I get mislynched a lot. So don't feel too bad.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Stardust » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:58 pm

Hunter, can you point me towards your scum games from MTGS? Strait-up link would be appreciated since I hate navigating that site from my phone.
҉

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:01 pm

Wanna help my team win.
I'm not voting you because I'd prefer to see if Pedro is going to play with us before putting you at L-1, but that's all.
This is a terrible reason to withhold your vote.
1) Pedro's not the only one being quiet.
2) Maybe something RL crazy came up and it'd be helpful to him to have a Night to deal with that?
3) It's still early in the game.
4) You yourself don't have THAT many more posts than he does.

Lucky for you I'm fairly certain you're Town.

Pedrobear

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Pedrobear » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:17 pm

I'm totally playing with us. I just don't post because I can't provide anything going forward in the play currently.

A part from my thought that if I were a PGO, I'd have claimed like he does but way sooner. The problem is that everyone is doubtful about him because of his style.
Now even if he claimed I think it's too late to step back. As G_R said, Huntz will get lynched sooner or later. The sooner the better.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:28 pm

Votecount 1.3

Stardust (2): Tordeck, Ham
Manders (1): Pedrobear
Huntzilla (4): Manders, MoJo, MoJo, (G_R)

Not voting: rezombad, RedNihilist, Huntzilla, Stardust

Pretty sure that's right. With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch.
So RedNihilist and Pedrobear are cool with voting him, yet neither does so.

Duly noted.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:51 pm

I'm totally playing with us. I just don't post because I can't provide anything going forward in the play currently.

A part from my thought that if I were a PGO, I'd have claimed like he does but way sooner. The problem is that everyone is doubtful about him because of his style.
Now even if he claimed I think it's too late to step back. As G_R said, Huntz will get lynched sooner or later. The sooner the better.
What?

Pedrobear

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Pedrobear » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:57 pm

I was speaking of Huntzilla.

And thanks Manders to remind me what I forgot in my post.

Unvote
Vote Huntzilla

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:05 pm

Wanna help my team win.
2) Maybe something RL crazy came up and it'd be helpful to him to have a Night to deal with that?

It's still early in the game, does that mean that we should rush things? Just asking.

Anyway I don't get point 4, I'm interested in Pedro because I just have no impression at all about him, your remark about the relative difference between the total amount of my posts and his makes no sense to me.

On the other hand: everyone seems to consider Hunt as doomed to get lynched sooner or later, is there a reason to be hasty? :eyebrow:

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:06 pm

<- Will hammer after Mander's response, provided that nobody asks me otherwise.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:00 pm

Wanna help my team win.

It's still early in the game, does that mean that we should rush things? Just asking.

Anyway I don't get point 4, I'm interested in Pedro because I just have no impression at all about him, your remark about the relative difference between the total amount of my posts and his makes no sense to me.

On the other hand: everyone seems to consider Hunt as doomed to get lynched sooner or later, is there a reason to be hasty? :eyebrow:
1) Sitting around talking once a lynch has been decided upon (as this one seems) is only good for Scum. (Possible info leaks, for instance.)
2) Point 4 is relevant because, while you're right that he hasn't posted much and needs to post more, you, yourself, could stand to post more as well (though it's not as bad as last game.)
However, why are you focusing on Pedro re: post count/activity? kpaca, Tordeck, and probably others that have posted so little I forgot they're even in the game need to post more as well. Why Pedrobear, then?
3) Again, because sitting around talking can lead to information leaking that Scum don't need. Once a lynch is decided, it's always best to move forward and past it.

For the record, yes, it'd be nice if a few of the low-post wonders came in and offered their input, but I think it's more detrimental to wait for that than just go ahead and move to Night.

Huntzilla
Newcomer

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Huntzilla » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:13 pm

Hunter, can you point me towards your scum games from MTGS? Strait-up link would be appreciated since I hate navigating that site from my phone.
I am on my phone too until after work (about 5 pm EST) so by about 6 I could have the links up. I've been Scum once, neutral once. Bravely Default where I was mafia and got lynched day one because of Generic and his meta argument, and Full Deck Mafia where I was a neutral SK that was the last Scum lynched when it got down to PoE and role gaming.

I will link for you later.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Stardust » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:08 pm

Ok, sweet, thanks. Meta checks out, Huntzilla is acting out his scum game. I want to quickly answer outstanding questions, then will finish this Day.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:33 pm

Pretty sure Manders is town from page 1.
How'd you come to that conclusion? Why did you participate in getting me to L-2 if you felt this way based on this post?
At the time I didn't think much of you either way, and voted only to get things moving one way or another.

You might laugh at this, but the thing that stands out as most townie in that post I linked is the "IMO". I don't think scum would say the same, in that context.
Feel free to let him answer first if you so choose, but I'd like to know why you deliberately ignored Tordeck's statement of declination when proposing this question to Hunt.
I didn't deliberately ignore it. Not at first, anyway. When I reread, I'm sometimes looking for specific things to tie everything together for one train of thought. Then I go back. In this case, I skimmed Tordeck's post because it talked about his read on you (something I wasn't trying to figure out at the time). Hunter rolled over, I noted it, carried on, then went back. I noticed that I'd made the error after reading Tordeck's full post. I decided not to correct it. My reasoning there was to get links between you, Hunter and Tordeck, primarily from Hunter's response. If he had responded angry at the fact that I forgot Tordeck, I think that would have been a good indication that Tordeck was town. Seems he forgot Tordeck ever said anything, leading me to believe that he did, in fact, roll over just for you which might point at Tordeck being scum buddy. A rather big might there, though. A mighty might? Nevermind.
If you agree those questions make him scum, why did you answer them?
Because they're pretty harmless and I generally want to make this section of the site more welcoming to newcomers, if possible. Getting to know each other while we kill each other can't hurt.

I could see what GR was getting at, and I could see that Hunter missed that entirely. That's all I wanted a response to - the actual accusation GR was making.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:51 pm

Yeah, I guess that's good. As of page 4 my reads were the following:

Manders - Should be town
( G_R ) - Probably town
rezombad - Maybe town
Tordeck - Maybe town
Ham - Maybe town

Pedrobear - No idea
MoJo - No idea

RedNihilist - Maybe scum
Huntzilla - Probably scum

I'm not really a fan of how unclear a potential scum buddy is at this point. Manders and ( G_R ) are my strongest town reads in that respect, but it's pretty up in the air otherwise. Of course, that's based on Hunter flipping scum. I guess we'll see soon enough and can give another run through his posts for interactions.

Vote Huntzilla.
҉

Return to “Completed Games”