legacy pauper rdw.

Pauper and pauper variants. (Villager, Peasant, etc.)

Moderator: zemanjaski

DarthStabber
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

legacy pauper rdw.

Postby DarthStabber » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:06 am

So I have gotten a bit tired of playing infect at my lgs's weekly pauper tourney (actually they are considering a local ban on glistener elf and mutagenic growth, so I'm switching for politeness reasons, because it's hard to get tired of winning). Since I am playing red deck wins in every other format, I am going to keep the red train rolling. Here's my first pass, any thoughts? Sideboard not done yet, currently just 4 shattering sprees and 4 red elemental blasts.
[Deck]
creatures
4 furnace scamp
4 vault skirge
4 keldon marauders
4 gorehouse chainwalker
4 gathan raiders

Spells
4 lightning bolt
4 rift bolt
4 seal of fire
4 searing blaze
4 incinerate

Lands
20 mountain
[/deck]
thanks to nbw for the sig.
You do need to try to gay it up a little more.

You're like the least gay member of this clan.

And that's counting the fact that you voluntarily have sex with men.

LaZerBurn
Tire Aficionado

Postby LaZerBurn » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:40 am

You have to run Fireblast! :) I like a more burn heavy build overall (Lava Spike, Staggershock, Flame Rift etc) myself but if you are trying for more of a RDW style build Kiln Fiend is an excellent card.

Shattering Spree is Uncommon so you'll need to run Smash To Smithereens. Martyr Of Ashes is your best board wipe.

Life gain is a bitch in Pauper so Mono B is pretty unfair and U Delver is also a pretty bad match up. That said with a nuts draw you can beat anything :D
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the awesome sig :)

DarthStabber
Tire Aficionado

Postby DarthStabber » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:36 pm

I was trying to avoid playing straight up burn, but you are probably right, there is not a compelling reason to actually run creatures (not counting goblin fireslinger and keldon marauders) other than in a kiln fiend based build, at which point I may as well go back to playing infect. I might actually try completely creatureless burn because it will blank a lot of cards in a lot of decks, but the efficacy of slinger and marauders is hard to argue.
thanks to nbw for the sig.
You do need to try to gay it up a little more.

You're like the least gay member of this clan.

And that's counting the fact that you voluntarily have sex with men.

LaZerBurn
Tire Aficionado

Postby LaZerBurn » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:18 pm

I like Fireslingers a lot but I swapped them out for Staggershock recently (which is better against Infinity, Delver and MBD) as they were just not ever really doing much. I still have Marauders in there though :)

EDIT - that's a lie! :) I took out Slingers for Curse Of The Pierced Heart and Kiln Find for Staggershock as they both kept dying to MBD removal. I still lose to their life gain though :(
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the awesome sig :)

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:46 am

The best RDW list in pauper is Goblins but Black kinda hates them out of the format, I would recommend burn if you want to play MonoRed - I did well in the past even against 8-Post. with 8-Post gone now I figure it should be even easier to play now.

Enjoy Pauper, Standard, Momir, Modern and Music? then visit my channel: Video Link

Return to “Barren Moor (Pauper)”