News and RumorsZach Jesse banned

Post about Magic Rumors here!

Moderator: rezombad

User avatar
Kaitscralt
A frog among toads
Posts: 21216
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:48 am
Medals: 4
:
Platinum Pioneer Gold 10k Poster Scourge of Page 109 Post #10000
Been thanked: 916 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #81 by Kaitscralt » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:48 am

crux of rape
Lord_Mcdonalds » Yesterday, 3:13 pm wrote: Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

User avatar
( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 14127
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am
Medals: 6
Location: Mania
:
Platinum Pioneer Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109 Great Card Analyst of Page 109
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #82 by ( G_R ) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:41 am

Rape-o-crux

Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

User avatar
Midnight_v
Regular Member
Posts: 250
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:08 pm
Location: Dallas/Ft.Worth (Arligton)
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #83 by Midnight_v » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:34 pm

Drew Levin should be banned. Period. He violated an actual written rule.
http://wiki.magicjudges.org/en/w/MTR:5.4


5.4 Unsporting Conduct

Unsporting conduct will not be tolerated at any time. Tournament participants must behave in a polite and respectful manner. Unsporting conduct includes, but is not limited to:
Using profanity.
Engaging in behavior that could reasonably be expected to create a feeling of being harassed, bullied, or stalked.
Arguing with, acting belligerently toward, or insulting tournament officials, players or spectators.
Violating the personal privacy or safety of any participant, including spectators and staff.
Using social media to bully, shame, or intimidate other participants.
Failing to follow the instructions of a tournament official.
Officials are expected to investigate potential matters brought their attention as soon as possible and take actions to discourage repeat behavior. All incidents of unsporting conduct are subject to further DCI review.


Most of the agreement about the ban is faux-outrage is pretty much comprised of uniformed White Knight cowardice and bullshit.
Uniformed because they obviously have zero fucking idea how plea-bargaining works in this country.
WhiteKnight-cowardice, because these same people who are saying "Rapist! Lynch that evil fuck... he gets what he deserves" are similar to every other person who happens to be pissed at themselves about the inability to effect any real change in the society around them. So having something to clearly and vehemently condemn (like rape, dead beat dads, beating wives, leaving kids in hot cars... whatever.) makes them feel powerful, when they otherwise feel helpless.
Further, most of those guys who have never done shit wrong in their lives would likely sign an even WORSE plea bargain, if they couldn't bond out or were stuck with court appointed attorneys while wasting away in jail. Yet, the most likely argument they rebut that with from what I've seen is "I would never be in that situation" which of course is a cop out, because let me tell you, you could be easily. It only takes an accusation, not even with any particular proof to derail your milquetoast ass little lives.
So no, I don't think a convicted felon should be banned for whatever charge they committed by "we the players", or by the corporation itself, for that matter. Frankly, if you're a registered sex offender and the particulars of your registry DON'T prevent you from playing around children, then the reason is that you're NOT a child offender.
However, the corporation doing such a thing is just playing the corporate "Save-face-damage-control" game that they have people on the payroll for.
That has jack and shit about making a stance on rape, that has everything to do with "let do something so we don't look bad!".... so the rule that they would add if it weren't for basically being self-serving would be
"conduct unbecoming" like in the military. A catchall that says "we may ban you at anytime if we feel you might cause us undue controversy or lose us money.
Shrug. I'd be surprised if it isn't in the small print you skip when you register with them. :iiam:
"All your passive
aggressive bullshit doesn't make you smart, it makes you an asshole." - Lightning Dolt

Image

User avatar
Kaitscralt
A frog among toads
Posts: 21216
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:48 am
Medals: 4
:
Platinum Pioneer Gold 10k Poster Scourge of Page 109 Post #10000
Been thanked: 916 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #84 by Kaitscralt » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:20 pm

defend more rape please
Lord_Mcdonalds » Yesterday, 3:13 pm wrote: Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

User avatar
( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 14127
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am
Medals: 6
Location: Mania
:
Platinum Pioneer Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109 Great Card Analyst of Page 109
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #85 by ( G_R ) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Do you know for a fact that he's innocent and pleaded guilty only because "justice" system?

Didn't think so. Stop whiteknighting the rapist.

Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 6074
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 am
Location: La Marque, Texas
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #86 by Mcdonalds » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:10 pm

Dude pretty much admitted to it, ignoring how the plea bargain happened (or the actual events in question), him admitting fault is where that begins and ends

The problem right now is less a rapist (however reformed he may or may not be and I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he has reformed) being allowed to play at magic tournaments and more the fact it happened is common knowledge, dunno about you, but I would imagine if informed that a rapist would be attending, people may be a bit leary about going

Wizards handled this spectacularly poorly, and Drew Levin managed to make himself even less likable, yes, but now they are in this position of "do we let him play in tournaments and everyone collectively throws a fit of do we ban him even though he likely isn't a threat to anyone anymore?"

The MTGO ban is complete bullshit though.

User avatar
Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!
Posts: 5971
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:56 pm
Medals: 2
:
Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 294 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #87 by Stardust » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:39 pm

If he's still a threat, he should still be in prison. If he's not still a threat, he should be allowed to live his life. Having a past crime follow you into your hobbies is bullshit.
҉

User avatar
( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 14127
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am
Medals: 6
Location: Mania
:
Platinum Pioneer Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109 Great Card Analyst of Page 109
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #88 by ( G_R ) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:59 pm

The fact that he did so little prison time is the real bullshit here. Don't expect people to be okay with having him near that 13yo girl playing among the rapist-friendly neckbeards. :no:

Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

User avatar
( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 14127
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am
Medals: 6
Location: Mania
:
Platinum Pioneer Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109 Great Card Analyst of Page 109
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #89 by ( G_R ) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:05 pm

I wonder if this past crime follows the victim into every dark, lonely place they visit for the rest of their lives. But the guy can't play cards, what a bummer.

Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

User avatar
Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!
Posts: 5971
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:56 pm
Medals: 2
:
Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 294 times

Post #90 by Stardust » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:42 pm

( G_R ) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:59 am wrote:The fact that he did so little prison time is the real bullshit here.

This I agree with, though we don't know all the details. There's probably a reason why the prosecution accepted such a short term. In any case, I also agree that the victim is probably worse off than he is either way. Thing is, just because she's probably hurting for the rest of her life, does that mean he should too? (assuming he's shown remorse, stopped raping people, etc)
҉

User avatar
Midnight_v
Regular Member
Posts: 250
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:08 pm
Location: Dallas/Ft.Worth (Arligton)
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #91 by Midnight_v » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:45 pm

so little prison time is the real bullshit here.

*yawn*
Do you know for a fact that he's innocent and pleaded guilty only because "justice" system?

Hypocrite harder, please.
You want him to have done more time without knowing what happened in that court room is the exact feminist inspired cuckold bullshit, were so used to.
Just a quick reminder "What happens in the courtroom is WAAAY more important to your freedom/good name, than anything that happens on any particular night"
Funny thing is I'm not even surprised by it I'm just disgusted by this ignorant, emotionally driven, court of tumblr philosophy so many of you bitches seem to employ.
"RAPE@ErhmagawhD!!! FEELInGS!!!OMGFEELINGS!!!" the problem with that shit the lack of actual justice.
Man has his day in court, gets a sentence from a jury of his peers, and does HIS TIME, but these band wagon cucks, gotta get their jabs in even though they've never seen the inside of a courtroom, much less a fucking jail cell. HAHAHA, its all so fucking laughable... except you know for the part where the dude gets kicked out of magic for something completely unrelated, and the shit-soulded cowards rejoice.
Well thats my 2 cents. *shrug*, I hope something personally bad happens to you if you have no empathy for others failings. MWAH!
"All your passive
aggressive bullshit doesn't make you smart, it makes you an asshole." - Lightning Dolt

Image

User avatar
( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 14127
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am
Medals: 6
Location: Mania
:
Platinum Pioneer Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109 Great Card Analyst of Page 109
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #92 by ( G_R ) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:49 pm

And I hope you get gang-raped by tigers. ^_^

Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

User avatar
Kaitscralt
A frog among toads
Posts: 21216
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:48 am
Medals: 4
:
Platinum Pioneer Gold 10k Poster Scourge of Page 109 Post #10000
Been thanked: 916 times

Post #93 by Kaitscralt » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:35 pm

Midnight_v » 46 minutes ago wrote:
so little prison time is the real bullshit here.

*yawn*
Do you know for a fact that he's innocent and pleaded guilty only because "justice" system?

Hypocrite harder, please.
You want him to have done more time without knowing what happened in that court room is the exact feminist inspired cuckold bullshit, were so used to.
Just a quick reminder "What happens in the courtroom is WAAAY more important to your freedom/good name, than anything that happens on any particular night"
Funny thing is I'm not even surprised by it I'm just disgusted by this ignorant, emotionally driven, court of tumblr philosophy so many of you bitches seem to employ.
"RAPE@ErhmagawhD!!! FEELInGS!!!OMGFEELINGS!!!" the problem with that shit the lack of actual justice.
Man has his day in court, gets a sentence from a jury of his peers, and does HIS TIME, but these band wagon cucks, gotta get their jabs in even though they've never seen the inside of a courtroom, much less a fucking jail cell. HAHAHA, its all so fucking laughable... except you know for the part where the dude gets kicked out of magic for something completely unrelated, and the shit-soulded cowards rejoice.
Well thats my 2 cents. *shrug*, I hope something personally bad happens to you if you have no empathy for others failings. MWAH!


i am not sure what sort of point you're trying to make or how his sentence and plea bargain has anything to do with wizards of the coast, but as this specific thing is my profession i can tell you that 99.9% of offenders wish they had not taken their plea bargain and instead had served their sentence. their attorneys con them into something they don't fully understand and life as an unrehabilitated sex offender is much worse as far as how society will treat you
Lord_Mcdonalds » Yesterday, 3:13 pm wrote: Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

User avatar
Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!
Posts: 5971
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:56 pm
Medals: 2
:
Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 294 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #94 by Stardust » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:14 pm

In Canada there's actually no such thing as a plea bargain. Well, not like in the States. The prosecution offers a lower sentence (probably), but you can't take it if you're innocent. Your lawyer legally cannot put forward a guilty plea unless you specifically tell him that you're guilty. Now that you say most feel like they were pressured into it by their lawyers, I wonder if that's why we have that rule up here. Though I guess that might still happen if you actually are guilty...

Midnight... Are you actually downplaying the suffering of being raped as "OMGfeelings"? Really? Not helping the case here...
҉

User avatar
hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 8400
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:57 am
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #95 by hamfactorial » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:25 pm

:shrug:

What was that tangent about cuckolding about?

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 6074
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 am
Location: La Marque, Texas
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #96 by Mcdonalds » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:43 am

It's almost worth going to gp Dallas on the off chance I find you to see if I can verify you act like a douche publicly

User avatar
Midnight_v
Regular Member
Posts: 250
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:08 pm
Location: Dallas/Ft.Worth (Arligton)
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #97 by Midnight_v » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:22 am

Mcdonalds » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:43 pm wrote:It's almost worth going to gp Dallas on the off chance I find you to see if I can verify you act like a douche publicly

*yawn*
So you can run back and report to your internet buddies? How brave you are. :rofl:
Seriously though, you wouldn't even have to look I'd tell you exactly where I'm at, that's not tough guy talk either
I'm just not afraid to meet people, even If I think your opinion stinks, we're in texas so everything will
stay civil. I'd even buy you a drink (assuming your old enough).
All this vilifying people on the internet is bullshit is my ultimate thought in all this. Drew should be punished as he broke an actual rule. Zach got banned cause internet vilification is big enough to get companies scared, not cause it was the right thing to do, but its NOT an actual rule, and... well... chapin. felony convicted drug dealer in a room full of kids. Insane. The rest of what everyone else is saying is just emotionally charged bullshit.

Kait: I'll be honest. I ... I really never read anything you say, cause you troll so hard sometimes I don't know if your serious or not. Maybe I'm wrong for that, sorry. I did catch this though.

i can tell you that 99.9% of offenders wish they had not taken their plea bargain and instead had served their sentence. their attorneys con them into something they don't fully understand and life as an unrehabilitated sex offender is much worse as far as how society will treat you

I'm in law enforcement This right here is actually my point about why going after Zach is basically bullshit. You're in law I take it? You and I both know this is a fact in the us... how can you morally come down this guy when you know personally how easy it is to get someone to agree to almost anything by leaving them in jail long enough with a court-appointed attorney? Is rape wrong? Yeah fuck yeah, obviously, but you of all people realize that the court of public opinion is horrible because it doesn't deal with facts it deals with emotions. Same bullshit that would get black people lynched out side the courthouse in the south. White knights are literally what the clan called themselves too. Now thats a bit of hyperbole, but the fact remains Drew Levin should get a ban. What he did was unconscionable, and unsportsman like.
"All your passive
aggressive bullshit doesn't make you smart, it makes you an asshole." - Lightning Dolt

Image

User avatar
( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 14127
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am
Medals: 6
Location: Mania
:
Platinum Pioneer Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109 Great Card Analyst of Page 109
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #98 by ( G_R ) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:33 am

You're in law enforcement and try to paint not having done anything criminal like it's an uncool thing? Lawl

And all this time I was thinking you were an excon who got raped in the showers and now thinks people with no record are pussies and rape is not so bad after all. :/

Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

User avatar
Thrillho
A clever, smart boy
Posts: 14008
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:14 am
Medals: 3
:
Platinum Pioneer Best Dossiers Collector, 2012 Silver 10k Poster
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 422 times
Contact:

Zach Jesse banned

Post #99 by Thrillho » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:43 pm

Are you guys still talking about this?

User avatar
Thrillho
A clever, smart boy
Posts: 14008
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:14 am
Medals: 3
:
Platinum Pioneer Best Dossiers Collector, 2012 Silver 10k Poster
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 422 times
Contact:

Zach Jesse banned

Post #100 by Thrillho » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:44 pm

I wonder what Donald Trump has to say about the issue.

User avatar
Thrillho
A clever, smart boy
Posts: 14008
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:14 am
Medals: 3
:
Platinum Pioneer Best Dossiers Collector, 2012 Silver 10k Poster
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 422 times
Contact:

Post #101 by Thrillho » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:47 pm

Stardust » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:39 am wrote:If he's still a threat, he should still be in prison. If he's not still a threat, he should be allowed to live his life. Having a past crime follow you into your hobbies is bullshit.

Considering he raped a woman, he should be in prison. That's what happens when you are guilty of rape.
Because he agreed to a plea bargain, he is not in prison, because convictions are the only thing that matters when it comes to judge records and not what those convictions are for.

User avatar
Thrillho
A clever, smart boy
Posts: 14008
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:14 am
Medals: 3
:
Platinum Pioneer Best Dossiers Collector, 2012 Silver 10k Poster
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 422 times
Contact:

Zach Jesse banned

Post #102 by Thrillho » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:51 pm

The streets are a safer place for rapists thanks to your crack work, Midnight_v!

User avatar
Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
Posts: 9810
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm
Medals: 7
Location: Manasjap madness
:
Platinum Pioneer Scumbag of the Year, 2012 MTGS most creative ban, 2012 Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109 Post #10 Post #100
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 443 times
Contact:

Zach Jesse banned

Post #103 by Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:15 pm

reading what some of you guys post here about rapists makes me think we should just institute the Death penalty for all of them and then problem solved, no more need for discussions about rape and magical cards.
Image


Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

User avatar
Kaitscralt
A frog among toads
Posts: 21216
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:48 am
Medals: 4
:
Platinum Pioneer Gold 10k Poster Scourge of Page 109 Post #10000
Been thanked: 916 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #104 by Kaitscralt » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:27 pm

I do think we should
Lord_Mcdonalds » Yesterday, 3:13 pm wrote: Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

User avatar
Kaitscralt
A frog among toads
Posts: 21216
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:48 am
Medals: 4
:
Platinum Pioneer Gold 10k Poster Scourge of Page 109 Post #10000
Been thanked: 916 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #105 by Kaitscralt » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:28 pm

Especially for Stardust
Lord_Mcdonalds » Yesterday, 3:13 pm wrote: Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

User avatar
( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 14127
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am
Medals: 6
Location: Mania
:
Platinum Pioneer Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109 Great Card Analyst of Page 109
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #106 by ( G_R ) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:40 am

Or cut their dicks off. I'd settle for that instead.

Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

User avatar
( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 14127
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am
Medals: 6
Location: Mania
:
Platinum Pioneer Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109 Great Card Analyst of Page 109
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #107 by ( G_R ) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:40 am

Especially for Stardust

Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

User avatar
( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 14127
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am
Medals: 6
Location: Mania
:
Platinum Pioneer Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109 Great Card Analyst of Page 109
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #108 by ( G_R ) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:51 am

She should write a letter to WotC then...

Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

User avatar
( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 14127
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am
Medals: 6
Location: Mania
:
Platinum Pioneer Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109 Great Card Analyst of Page 109
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #109 by ( G_R ) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:17 pm

Someone decided to go back to defending a self-confessed rapist while implying that having no criminal record makes you a wimp. :shrug:

Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

User avatar
( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 14127
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am
Medals: 6
Location: Mania
:
Platinum Pioneer Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109 Great Card Analyst of Page 109
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Post #110 by ( G_R ) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:00 pm

Jesús man, it's like a whole post:
Midnight_v » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:34 am wrote:Most of the agreement about the ban is faux-outrage is pretty much comprised of uniformed White Knight cowardice and bullshit.
Uniformed because they obviously have zero fucking idea how plea-bargaining works in this country.
WhiteKnight-cowardice, because these same people who are saying "Rapist! Lynch that evil fuck... he gets what he deserves" are similar to every other person who happens to be pissed at themselves about the inability to effect any real change in the society around them. So having something to clearly and vehemently condemn (like rape, dead beat dads, beating wives, leaving kids in hot cars... whatever.) makes them feel powerful, when they otherwise feel helpless.
Further, most of those guys who have never done shit wrong in their lives would likely sign an even WORSE plea bargain, if they couldn't bond out or were stuck with court appointed attorneys while wasting away in jail. Yet, the most likely argument they rebut that with from what I've seen is "I would never be in that situation" which of course is a cop out, because let me tell you, you could be easily. It only takes an accusation, not even with any particular proof to derail your milquetoast ass little lives.


You know, because condemning bad behavior is the only thing that gets me through each day. :cry:

Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

User avatar
Kaitscralt
A frog among toads
Posts: 21216
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:48 am
Medals: 4
:
Platinum Pioneer Gold 10k Poster Scourge of Page 109 Post #10000
Been thanked: 916 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #111 by Kaitscralt » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:47 pm

I still don't see why Midnight's rage against the machine is supposed to make me or Wizards want a rapist at a Magic convention
Lord_Mcdonalds » Yesterday, 3:13 pm wrote: Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

User avatar
( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 14127
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am
Medals: 6
Location: Mania
:
Platinum Pioneer Failure of Page 109 Scourge of Page 109 Great Card Analyst of Page 109
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #112 by ( G_R ) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:29 pm

Thanks for making actual points. The thing here is that people seem to be more upset about the fact that a self-confessed criminal gets kicked out of tournaments of a magical game than about the fact that your "justice" system rewards criminals who confess with lighter sentences to the point where the innocent might be tempted to confess crimes they have not committed to avoid jail time. Fucked up. Just... fucked up.

Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

User avatar
Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man
Posts: 6067
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #113 by Mogadishu Jones » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:13 am

You're telling me that someone has been denied a privilege for violating someone elses rights and breaking laws set in place and agreed upon as social contract? The madness!

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 2864
(View: All /In topic)
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:29 pm
Location: Boston, MA
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Zach Jesse banned

Post #114 by rcwraspy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:54 pm

The normal points of discussion regarding recidivism and reintegration of criminals needs to be tempered a bit when discussing sexual predators. Not necessarily because of the way you and I differentiate their crimes, but because of the way the law does. A sexual predator loses more rights post-incarceration than any other criminal classification. There is still an ingrained belief in the law that being a sexual predator is part of your DNA, that you can't help it, and somehow this belief rarely if ever shows up with other crimes, even murder. I'm not saying this is right - in fact I believe it isn't, and there are of course a million shades of gray. But what I am saying is that considering the way the law currently works in this country, comparing Zach Jesse to Chapin or any criminal of another type is a false comparison. And because every booster pack of Magic cards says "For Ages 13 and Up" on them, this was the only course of action WOTC could possibly have taken.
Image
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!

redthirst wrote:Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.


Return to “News and Rumors”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests