Welcome to Market Street Cafe: Roadmap for the forum?

Discussions about the secondary market for Magic Cards. What's Hot? What has fallen from grace?

Moderator: Thrillho

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Welcome to Market Street Cafe: Roadmap for the forum?

Postby Thrillho » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:52 pm

Hello world!
Since we're still kind of under the radar, I want to use this thread as a jumping off point and resource for where we want to take this sub. Some things I personally liked from *elsewhere* were:
1. New set price trend threads
2. Older format price jump threads/Huge Gainers *requires active participation from people who keep track of tourney results and/or speculation*
3. Store feedback threads ("Is X store good"/"X store stole cards from me")

Looking for additional user feedback for content to populate this sub. Any and all comments are welcome at this time. Even baguy posts. Even checkbox posts.

Also, are we at the point where we want to start setting ground rules? My big one from *elsewhere* was keeping the bragging out, since e-peen measurement doesn't make for an informative, friendly environment where we're trying to keep an
active resource for money movers and shakers.

jonnyjonski
In need of elder care

Postby jonnyjonski » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:48 pm

I have to agree with the e-peen posts. If we feel the need to brag about finding a hidden gem in a random box at some store, I think that's something that should be acceptable in a different thread that's dedicated to finding a great deal. I don't think it's necessary to post about how you ripped some kid in the store on his first visit with his dad's old cards in tow.

thoughts?
HHRRRrrmmmmmmmm.....

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Ok, my second question is do we need an A vs B thread when you can just google the answer? There are apps that do that nonsense for you at this point.

ein

Postby ein » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Ok, my second question is do we need an A vs B thread when you can just google the answer? There are apps that do that nonsense for you at this point.
We could just see if one becomes necessary. I mean, I usually use apathyhouse since I'm not ever making big deals or dealing in esoteric/OOP cards. But I do read the trade adjudication thread on GG in that it often contains really big/weird trades, and I see the value in the discussions that take place around niche cards in it. Different clientele, of course.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:23 pm

The same thing cropped up ~*previously*~, but due to the nature of our demographics, I always had to be wary of what people were posting in the specific trade evaluation thread because generally people were less mature and less willing to keep their e-flies zipped up, or were just completely ignorant of card values in general, and it made distinguishing the people measuring versus the braindead difficult. For the time being, I'm keeping the running tally thread up and if anyone else wants to make new threads, that's cool.

I need to figure out how to do moderation better on this forum, though. The tools are less intuitive than I was using before, but that also may just be because the times I've tried to do mod stuff it was in subs I'm not "assigned" to.

( G_G )
Not to be confused with ( G_R )

Postby ( G_G ) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:04 am

Any chance for a trading/sales forum in the future? One that is hidden away not viewable even to registered users unless they apply for admission and provide name, address, and other information and jump through some hoops and that information to be kept by a trusted admin in case of bad traders/rippers?

Just a suggestion.
That which does not kill you will make you stronger but probably hurt, hurt alot.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Definitely worth considering and I would be in favor of it. It also may be some time before we get to the point where we add it. Unless explosive growth, etc.

jonnyjonski
In need of elder care

Postby jonnyjonski » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:03 pm

I need to trade for some Explosive Growths! I had Badlands and Bayous....is that enough for a playset?
HHRRRrrmmmmmmmm.....

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:18 pm

The main page description needs to be changed from "fallen out of grace?" to "fallen from grace?" because that's the actual phrase.
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:18 pm

or "fallen out of favor?" because that sounds less gay

You cannot make another post so soon after your last.
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 pm

yaaaaaaaaaaaaa
whisper words of wisdom

Return to “Market Street Café”