Hitman Absolution

PC and Consoles, RPG's, Board G's, Other TCG's

Moderator: ( G_R )

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Hitman Absolution

Postby ( G_R ) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:04 pm

So, I started playing this on Friday and I must say that I'm loving it. The intuition thing, however, seems weird to me and kind of hard to master (I play in Hard mode). Flavor wise I also think it's weird that you can't fool people with a disguise just because you've fooled others before (because intuition depletes), but it actually adds some challenge to the disguise thing.

The fake surrender thing is awesome, and pacifying people with your bare hands is something 47 should always have been able to do. The story so far is great, and I love...
Spoilerz
how you lose your silenced silverballers and get stuck with a revolver after the first mission.
Like I said, I'm loving the game overall. :smileup:
Last edited by ( G_R ) on Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:11 pm

So it feels like acting out a movie?
How many missions is the campaign?

like hitman games have serious replay value I'm just curious how many missions there are vs. how long it takes to complete them.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:47 pm

The campaign has 20 missions:

1. A Personal Contract
2. The King of Chinatown
3. Terminus
4. Run For Your Life
5. Hunter and Hunted
6. Rosewood
7. Welcome to Hope
8. Birdie's Gift
9. Shaving Lenny
10. End of the Road
11. Dexter Industries
12. Death Factory
13. Fight Night
14. Attack of the Saints
15. Skurky's Law
16. Operation Sledgehammer
17. One of a Kind
18. Blackwater Park
19. Countdown
20. Absolution

I am currently at #6 and yeah, it feels like everything has happened on the same day, or two at most. I like it. The issue I mentioned about the intuition and disguises is getting a bit annoying though, and I read a lot of complaints in a Hitman-dedicated community because this seems to be an issue even in lower difficulties. Those who never played a previous version of Hitman shouldn't worry, but for us old-timers the change feels like they removed the point of disguises altogether.

As anything,
the game has things I wish were different, but overall I'm having a blast playing it. :dance:

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:52 pm

do the guards just autonotice you if you aren't hiding your face? I really liked using disguises to sneak around in Blood Money.
Also 20 missions is a big amount, I will be getting this before AC3. I was just hoping that it wasn't a few Missions and some side things. It's really 80 missions after doing them in four different ways.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:20 pm

It's easier to get caught than in BM, indeed. But I'm learning to hit the intuition button intermitently and combine with turning my back on people to avoid getting caught and having intuition last longer.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:47 pm

intuition isn't that hard to get though, correct?

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Well, you get intuition when you complete objectives, or when you pacify an enemy and hide the body, for example. Now than I'm advancing through the game, I have discovered that you can unlock more "skills" that will make intuition deplete slower.

Also, intuition only is needed when your disguise matches the profession of the people watching you. For example, if you are disguised as a cop, only cops will get suspicious. If you are disguised as a cook, only other cooks will. The problem in the first missions is that most people are cops, so disguising yourself as one only helps for short periods, and hiding is what you want to do.

I'm on Part II already and now I'm on this street, with cops, gangsters and civilians. A cop disguise grants me access to almost anywhere, except when cops are there, and I have to hide/use intuition.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:11 pm

Well, you get intuition when you complete objectives, or when you pacify an enemy and hide the body, for example. Now than I'm advancing through the game, I have discovered that you can unlock more "skills" that will make intuition deplete slower.

Also, intuition only is needed when your disguise matches the profession of the people watching you. For example, if you are disguised as a cop, only cops will get suspicious. If you are disguised as a cook, only other cooks will. The problem in the first missions is that most people are cops, so disguising yourself as one only helps for short periods, and hiding is what you want to do.

I'm on Part II already and now I'm on this street, with cops, gangsters and civilians. A cop disguise grants me access to
almost anywhere, except when cops are there, and I have to hide/use intuition.
past using it to hide, doesn't it give you a wall-hack like thing?

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Ah yes. You can see people and targets through walls and if you hold it for longer it shows you the path they will walk.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:23 pm

well that might be useful if things get too hard :P

what's the gun selection like?

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:54 pm

Gun selection? As in picking which weapons to bring to a mission? At least for the first run there isn't any. You start with certain weapons and since levels are divided in "sub-levels", you carry any weapons you collected in a previous sub-level to the next.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:28 pm

I was referring to are there a few different options in case you wanted to run the mission differently. Like for example is there a sniper rifle usable from the beginning or hidden on the map in the event I wanted to snipe the targets.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:51 pm

Ah, hahaha.

Well, there are various weapons. I found my first sniper rifle in the Streets of Hope and I sniped two targets there, but it was a loud rifle. I found a silenced one in the entrance to Dexter Industries, not much use for it in that mission, but I will certainly use it in my re-runs. Automatic/Semiautomatic weapons are the order of the day, you'll find lots of different types of them.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:54 pm

EDIT:
SPOILERZ
By entrance, I mean to the main building facility, not the first one before the mine.

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:58 pm

The massive old time hitman in me hates this game but my hunger for good modern stealth games makes it fun for me
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Return to “Entertainment”