The Pokemon Thread

PC and Consoles, RPG's, Board G's, Other TCG's

Moderator: ( G_R )

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Thrillho » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:47 pm

here's what you can do:
- click in profile (in all the icons like GTS, Game Sync, etc...)
- You'll see your name and icon on top, click it
- Select public icon and chose whatever suits you best

Mind you some stuff might be unlockable because there are a lot of suits I'm not seeing as my options (I see the ranger and the punks but no kimono's)
do i have to register my game with the GTS site first to do this?

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:56 am

here's what you can do:
- click in profile (in all the icons like GTS, Game Sync, etc...)
- You'll see your name and icon on top, click it
- Select public icon and chose whatever suits you best

Mind you some stuff might be unlockable because there are a lot of suits I'm not seeing as my options (I see the ranger and the punks but no kimono's)
do i have to register my game with the GTS site first to do this?

i didnt and i changed mine

DarthStabber
Tire Aficionado

Postby DarthStabber » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:27 pm

After 3 dud starters last generation, are the gen6 starters any good, or is it just going to take up a space in my box after a few gyms? I have high hopes for the fire/psychic one, but not holding my breath. Don't get me wrong I liked serperior, but he wasn't good, and the others are worse. My current play through of black (on my phone emulator) I cheated in piplup as my starter.
thanks to nbw for the sig.
You do need to try to gay it up a little more.

You're like the least gay member of this clan.

And that's counting the fact that you voluntarily have sex with men.

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:26 am

After 3 dud starters last generation, are the gen6 starters any good, or is it just going to take up a space in my box after a few gyms? I have high hopes for the fire/psychic one, but not holding my breath. Don't get me wrong I liked serperior, but he wasn't good, and the others are worse. My current play through of black (on my phone emulator) I cheated in piplup as my starter.

b/w/b2/w2/'s water starter was beasty, you are silly

DarthStabber
Tire Aficionado

Postby DarthStabber » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Not really. Blastoise and Feraligatr are better at the same roles with deeper movepools and they're fast (how are a
turtle and an alligator faster than a samurai otter?), swampert is one of the best pokemon of gen 3, and empoleon is actually a pretty decent wall.
Seriously 70 base speed? I'll pass, especially on those defenses.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:04 pm

greninja with its hidden ability is currently a top-tier OU threat. the other two starters aren't bad either, particularly with easily accessed hidden abilities (magician fox wizard can steal items from your opponent and bulletproof chesnaught is a full-stop to gengar).

b&ws starters were basically trash as far as competitive battling is concerned. the only
caveat was with contrary serperior + leaf storm, but that was never officially released.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:05 pm

140 BP grass attack with nasty plot this seems like a thing nintendo thought through.

DarthStabber
Tire Aficionado

Postby DarthStabber » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:48 pm

Serperior's coil set is fun, not good, but with coil, leafblade, return, and dragon tail you have some thing to work with.

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:29 am

b/w/b2/w2/'s water starter
was beasty, you are silly
Not really. Blastoise and Feraligatr are better at the same roles with deeper movepools and they're fast (how are a turtle and an alligator faster than a samurai otter?), swampert is one of the best pokemon of gen 3, and empoleon is actually a pretty decent wall.

ingame beats bro. inb4anythingworksingame

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:08 pm

i used emboar only out of obligation to keeping the band together by the end of B/W.

on the topic of b/w, i am not looking forward to playing through white just to get thunderus esp since i know i'm going to have to soft reset for a perfect one. i don't even remember the process i went through to get the tornadus i have.

also going through my boxes and organizing things for bank to open, i was a fucking breeding god in gen 4/5. plus i have all of those rng abuse shinies.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:10 pm

9 mons short of a pre-bank complete pokedex, bitches.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:10 pm

probably 8 because i put a perfect riolu with bullet punch on gts asking for any roserade.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:25 pm

battle story:
last night some japanese dude i wonder traded with randomly requested a trade w/ me at like... 2 AM. after exchanging actual perfect mons (ready for shiny froakie so hype), he challenged me to a battle. his team was a lot of gimmicky/not heavily OU stuff (contrary malamar, the thunder lizard w/ dry skin, clawitzer), i had gliscor/rotom/sableye. i had a sableye lead vs. clawitzer.
after running burn into switch to rotom, he switched in thunder lizard which I predicted a switch into w/ will-o-wisp. here's where the wheels fell off the train:
i forgot the thing had dry skin, so i gave it HP by using hydro pump
embarrassed, i volt switched into gliscor who, thinking he was going to switch out to something not weak to EQ, i used toxic, not realizing thunder lizard learned Surf. i switched back to rotom after losing 3/4 of my HP.
rotom used shadow ball, not realizing that the fucking lizard is half normal, so
another wasted attack.
eventually, my rotom is death fodder, clawitzer and lizard are dead from burn damage (not before clawitzer puts me into red damage w/ aqua jet before dying), and his last mon is malamar.

I had no idea malamar was psychic/dark, aka quad-weak to bug, aka uturn from gliscor into sableye is basically GG on the obvious superpower.
instead of winning the game with "obvious superpower, obvious uturn into sableye" i use toxic, he superpowers, gets the attack/def buff, and then night slashes sableye on the uturn, then survives the second uturn from gliscor after killing sableye with night slash.

and even with all of those horrible obvious mistakes that anyone who just knew what moves, types, and abilties pokemon had -- not even looking at %s or speed tiers or anything -- i only just barely lost due to not using uturn as my penultimate attack.

needless to say, some japanese guy probably had a laugh at some weeb with the name kijin playing like a complete idiot but who
inexplicably has a bunch of extra perfect pokemon he's willing to trade.

DarthStabber
Tire Aficionado

Postby DarthStabber » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:22 am

After 3 dud starters last generation, are the gen6 starters any good, or is it just going to take up a space in my box after a few gyms? I have high hopes for the fire/psychic one, but not holding my breath. Don't get me wrong I liked serperior, but he wasn't good, and
the others are worse. My current play through of black (on my phone emulator) I cheated in piplup as my starter.

Not really. Blastoise and Feraligatr are better at the same roles with deeper movepools and they're fast (how are a turtle and an alligator faster than a samurai otter?), swampert is one of the best pokemon of gen 3, and empoleon is actually a pretty decent wall.

ingame beats bro. inb4anythingworksingame
Even in game there are other options for all of those types before the 4th gym. Heck Palipitoad has awesome secondary typring (ground), Cottonee/Whimsicott has trickster, and darumaka/darmanitan are just plain awesome. Emboar is yet another Fire/Fighting, and he's the worst firefighting type. Even without speed boost blaziken is better, and infernape is an implement of destruction.
Serperior at least beats out meganium and maybe sceptile, but just can't compete with Venusaur and Torterra, except for his contrary leafstorm unrealized dreamworld insanity (still probably not as insane as speed boost blaziken).

I try all the starters every gen (Grass then Fire then Water), I always end up with an ironclad attachment to one of them. Gen 1: Bulbasaur, Gen 2: Cyndaquil, Gen 3: Mudkip, Gen 4: Piplup, Gen 5: Snivy.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:11 pm

i was always confused about how serperior was good. aside from coil and leaf storm, it has no coverage, only leech seed and dual screen for support, miserable attacking stats, and OK defenses. it doesn't get BP for the coil/SD/contrary buffs, and glare got nerfed in XY

DarthStabber
Tire Aficionado

Postby DarthStabber » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:58 pm

i was always confused about how serperior was good. aside from coil and leaf storm, it has no coverage, only leech seed and dual screen for support, miserable attacking stats, and OK defenses. it doesn't get BP for the coil/SD/contrary buffs, and glare got nerfed in XY
He's not all that good, just the shiniest of three turds. And having done some emulator testing I can say that the contrary leafstorm bit is not that good. Serperior's coverage on the special side is terrifyingly sad, at least on the physical side he has dragon tail. The coil set is just making the best out of a bad situation. Either way I miss venusaur.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:30 pm

has anyone (Scumbag?) gotten any of the past-gen legendaries unobtainable in x/y? my dex is almost complete but then i found out you have to also have all non-event legends and i wanted to blow my brains out.

otherwise i'm going to start cloning unown and rolling those dice.

DarthStabber
Tire Aficionado

Postby DarthStabber » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Isn't there a transfer thing by that bridge you can go to after the main game?

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:46 pm

that's from gen 4 to gen 5. i have almost all of my gen 4 and earlier legends/bred/shiny pokemon ready on black, but i'm missing zekrom, landorus, thundurus, and have to remove move tutor moves from latios and kyogre before moving them to black. i may do the unthinkable and cheat into existence the thundurus i've pined for since i started playing black after what a nightmare soft resetting for hp ice 31/4/30/31/31/31 tornadus was

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

or whatever the perfect ice # for attack was w/ that one, i don't remember

DarthStabber
Tire Aficionado

Postby DarthStabber » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:18 am

That still might be better than a massive breeding program. Getting my perfect iv'd weavile with night slash and ice shard took weeks.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:25 am

has anyone (Scumbag?) gotten any of the past-gen legendaries unobtainable in x/y? my dex is almost complete but then i found out you have to also have all non-event legends and i wanted to blow my brains out.

otherwise i'm going to start cloning unown and rolling those dice.
yup, have multiples of it, I'm just grinding BW2 to get access to pal park and move them to gen V :B
Guess with that pokebank delay I'll be ready about in time
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:38 pm

What Pokedex apps do you guys use? I've been using Dexter on my droid and I'm frustrated that it doesn't show where-to-find locations.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:52 pm

my pokedex is done except for event legendaries but that's good enough for professor sycamore.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:40 am

but not for professor kaitscralt
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:12 pm

that's fine because professor kaitscralt doesn't distribute the shiny charm in my copy of pokemon y.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:16 pm

shiny charm need be on x because the mega x charzo looks like a shiny charzo

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:23 pm

shiny mega charzard x just looks like shiny dragonite.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:24 pm

i'm jealous of the people who got hacked japanese genesect because the shiny with 6 ivs is so nice.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:26 pm

someone told me megas don't get shiny, so I was thinking regular mega x Charizard is dark enough to pretend to be a shiny charm

if megas show shininess then I have been grievously deceived

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:32 pm

Scumbag what region is your game considered? would you be able to hatch me a perfect magikarp (w/o sp.atk) if I gave you the supplies so i could use it as an attack Water 1/Dragon parent for shiny breeding?

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:33 pm

someone told me megas don't get shiny, so I was thinking regular mega x Charizard is dark enough to pretend to be a shiny charm

if megas show shininess then I have been grievously deceived
Mega Gengar shiny is SO FUCKING SICK I am literally forgoing my perfect one and perfect HP ground one to use the slightly less than perfect shiny one I have once Box is out.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Scumbag what region is your game considered? would you be able to hatch me a perfect magikarp (w/o sp.atk) if I gave you the supplies so i could use it as an attack Water 1/Dragon parent for shiny breeding?
in the process you will have a perfect magikarp or two.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:15 pm

yes though I only have 3IV dittos (besides my perfect 6IV shiny jap ditto patiently sitting in Black2 waiting for the bank), but if you borrow me one or the relevant IV maxed carps I'll do it np
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:44 am

yes though I only have 3IV dittos (besides my perfect 6IV shiny jap ditto patiently sitting in Black2 waiting for the bank), but if you borrow me one or the relevant IV maxed carps I'll do it np
Sure give me a minute

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:50 am

God dammit I was just checking to see if genesect was on gts

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:44 pm

well hit me up when you see me online and send the breeders on my way. post the specifics here, I'm gonna catch two bidoofs for the trade or something.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:31 pm

if you could send me a perfect male and the female i send you (I deleted all of my other perfect females), keep the male and whatever other spitbacks for gts or to have an army of perfect gyarados idgaf.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:31 pm

in related news EXTREMESPEED DRATINI FUCK YEAH

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:46 pm

if you could send me a perfect male and the female i send you (I deleted all of my other perfect females), keep the male and whatever other spitbacks for gts or to have an army of perfect gyarados idgaf.
so 6IV magicarp using 5IV and 6IV magicarp, who should hold the everstone?

okay then, setting two bidoofs aside for when we meet.

alternatively I can lend you some 5IV stuff I have got from wonder trade if you want to put them to good use while I breed yours, mind you they are the most common ones:

5IV minus speed male jolly anticipation eevee
5IV minus defense female impish trace ralts
5IV minus speed female timid own tempo espurr
5IV minus defense male adamant solar power charmander

just let me know, I'm likely to be offgrid late
tonight and all friday and saturday, but I'll try to be online two hours from now (19PM GMT). it would help me pass my time while I'm offline so now is a good time I guess.

Return to “Entertainment”