[SCD] Phyrexian Processor

Discussions about the EDH/Commander format

Moderator: Manasjap

DarthStabber
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

[SCD] Phyrexian Processor

Postby DarthStabber » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:59 am

So I've been kicking around the idea of phyrexian processor as massive threat generator, but don't currently have a deck in which it would be a natural fit. My question is thus twofold: does this have legs enough to make a reasonable wincon, and if so in what kind of shell? My first thought was derevi, but I think there's another angle I'm missing.
thanks to nbw for the sig.
You do need to try to gay it up a little more.

You're like the least gay member of this clan.

And that's counting the fact that you voluntarily have sex with men.

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:44 am

I know it's fantastic in Trostani.
Sig by NBW.

Manasjap

Postby Manasjap » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:37 pm

I also run it in Trostani, it's amazing. Not sure about other shells though.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:25 pm

I've seen it in Oloro, Derevi and years ago in Stonebrow. The Stonebrow deck was going hard aggro and generally did a pretty good job of giving that 20/20 token haste and trample. I've never really felt the need to add it to my decks, but it's not bad. Quite a beating if you can gain that life back with Children of Korlis or Eternity Vessel. Even better if you can follow it up with a Soul Conduit (never seen that happen, but I have dreams).
҉

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:10 am

Not much to add in terms of scope of where to run it - I've used it in monoblack (a lifegain intensive version), Derevi, and Zur. I don't use it in Oloro, b/c I run Felidar Sovereign there, and it's hard to argue with that. Maybe I should do both anyways though.

In terms of how good it is - it's definitely not the worst threat you could pick even in a deck that isn't specifically built around it. It's not very mana intensive at all for the amount of damage and pressure it provides, and at times, it may actually save you more life with blockers than it costs you to sac. There's nothing that says you have to burn a quarter of your life only to walk into someone's Disenchant. Kind of an expensive Icy Manipulator, but at 5 life, 6 life? Still not a bad investment for the mana cost, and probably produces favorable trades more often than chump blocks.

If you do have ways to abuse it/tutor it/build around it, it can be
one of the more devastating win cons in the format. Definitely a skill-tester in terms of how much life to pay, and when to play it, though.

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Fri May 16, 2014 2:13 am

I'm late, but I'll chime in - this card is sweet.

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Fri May 16, 2014 3:58 pm

Oloro seems like such a natural home for this. Or you could play it with Zedruu and pay 0 and just use it draw cards

Return to “Command Tower (EDH/Commander)”