Kiki Vial

Other developing decks

Moderator: LP, of the Fires

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Kiki Vial

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:32 am

I brewed this in my head during lunch at work, and decided to just build it and play it in a daily for lulz.

I went 3-1, despite doing zero tuning on the deck. It's kind of a sloppy pile, but could be better with some tuning.

[deck]Kiki Vial[/deck]

Daily Results:
Round 1: 2-0 Win vs. Junk Pod (Match #135669158)
Round 2: 2-0 Win vs. Grixis Pyromancer (Match #135671230)
Round 3: 0-2 Loss vs. UWR Control (Match #135672949)
Round 4: 2-0 Win vs. UR Delver Pyro (Match #135675270)
Overall: 3-1

Overall, I enjoyed having access to Ghost Quarters and Tec Edge, but the Leonin Arbiter synergy was lacking in the mid-game once my opponents had enough mana to pay the toll. I think I'm going to spend the winnings from this daily on some Aven Mindcensors and give the MD 2-drop spot to Spirit of the Labyrinth to fight all the Delver Treasure Cruise decks I'm seeing.

Magus of the Moon was good, but didn't do enough to keep him in the main. He beat Pod in G1 but was dead in G2 when they fetched for basics.

I'll run Blade Splicer or Kitchen Finks instead, and run my own fetchlands to encourage Mindcensor blowouts and get better SB options.

Phyrexian Revoker was a stud vs. Pod but blank vs. UR Delver. Canonist was a stud. Flickerwisp + Restoration Angel has to be the most fun I've had with ETB triggers. (cast Flickerwisp, target my Angel. Angel comes back EOT, blinks Flickerwisp. Flickerwisp ETB trigger targeting opponents' creature/land/token/whatever, they don't get it back until their EOT. Scream "VALUE" from the rooftop.)

Return to “Developing”