Rx Burn

Moderator: LP, of the Fires

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Rx Burn

Postby magicdownunder » Tue May 19, 2015 12:25 pm

Palm has its purposes but Path to Exile is more relevant.

Anyhow I went 3-1 in my DE :/ I lost against twins because I hit all my non-damaging cards while he was 1 burn away from defeat (the sin of overboarding).

Enjoy Pauper, Standard, Momir, Modern and Music? then visit my channel: Video Link

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby Valdarith » Tue May 19, 2015 2:21 pm

I think running less then 8 "skullcrack" effects is asking to lose against Junk or Collected Company
I'm not sure if THAT many is necessary. It needs testing for sure. I think running enough Searing effects could be enough to compensate. Finks is going to be a problem no matter what.

I only play Burn in paper when I get the itch, and our meta is about 25% Burn, 15-20% Affinity, and almost zero Junk, so my deck is built with that in mind. I just can't afford to play Atarka's Command because I give up a huge percentage against Affinity and the mirror and that's almost half the room on any given day.
Check out my stream! http://www.twitch.tv/valdarith

BlakLanner
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby BlakLanner » Tue May 19, 2015 3:29 pm

8 Skullcrack effects is definitely overkill. I think 6 is sufficient if you are on the Atarka version.
DCI Rules Advisor
MTGO/Cockatrice: BlakLanner
My YouTube Channel
BlakLanner is the boogeyman created to scare the little Standard players.
Currently Playing
Standard: [mana]RWU[/mana]Jeskai
Modern: [mana]RWG[/mana]Burn, [mana]GRWUR[/mana]Slivers
Legacy: [mana]R[/mana]Burn
EDH: [mana]RWGUB[/mana]Sliver Overlord, [mana]UW[/mana]Geist of Saint Traft (Tiny Leaders)
Current decklists are posted here

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby magicdownunder » Tue May 19, 2015 10:08 pm

8 Skullcrack effects is definitely overkill. I think 6 is sufficient if you are on the Atarka version.
I stand by my 8 Skullcrack due to my life-gain aversion :argh:

Its not like those two list can beat us quickly, they instead try and wear us down with discard and lifegain.

Enjoy Pauper, Standard, Momir, Modern and Music? then visit my channel: Video Link

Khaospawn
Khaospawn's beautiful and unique title

Rx Burn

Postby Khaospawn » Wed May 20, 2015 6:42 pm

Aversion to lifegain must be an Australian thing. ;)
In a pinch, Khaos' beard can help turn this around.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

GoblinWarchief

Rx Burn

Postby GoblinWarchief » Wed May 20, 2015 6:56 pm

I won two weeks ago a PPTQ with burn, here's a report ( i already did a longer one for an italian website so it took me a bit of time to post here ).
There were 30 people, not a very bg event. Decklist :

[deck]4 Goblin Guide
4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Eidolon of the Great Revel
3 Grim Lavamancer

4 Lightning Bolt
4 Rift Bolt
4 Lava Spike
4 Skullcrack
4 Boros Charm
3 Searing Blaze
1 Lightning Helix
1 Forked bolt

12 fetchlands
3 Sacred Foundry
5 Mountain

3 Molten rain
3 Smash to Smithereens
2 Flames of the Blood Hand
2 searing Blood
2 Rending Volley
1 Deflecting Palm
1 Lightning Helix
1 Path to Exile
[/deck]

Round 1 vs Abzan Company

Game 1. I'm on the draw and I know what he plays, i think it's not a very good matchup. Fortunately he starts with no mana accelerator, i go turn 1 Guide into turn 2 Blaze his anafenza and in the end i win a close game after he gains life with a kitchen fink.

In: +2 searing Blood + 1 Path to Exile + 1 Lightning Helix + 2 Flames Out -4 Guide -2 Boros Charm
i want to be able to control his board while stopping lifegain, so i drop 2 Charms because they only go the face and 4 guides because i am on the draw and i prefer keeping swiftspear that can attack past anafenza and melira if you cast a spell. On the play i would have kept in goblin guides and sided out all 4 boros charms and 2 lava spikes.

Game 2 . he starts with birds and after thinking a little bit i opt to bolt it despite having searing blaze in hand. he doesn't have any other land for 2 turns and i win easily. Always bolt the bird !!!

1-0

Round 2 vs G/R Tron
Game 1: i am on the play and happy to see tron. Unfortunately i have a lot of creatures and i am worried about pyroclasm, but he doesn't have it so i win very fast.

In: +3 Molten Rain +2 Flames +3 Smash to Smithereens +1 path to exile + 1 Deflecting Palm Out -3 Searing Blaze -3 Grim Lavamancer -1 Lightning Helix -1 Forked Bolt -2 Boros Charm
It is already a good matchup and i realize i have a lot of sideboard cards for it so i think it gets even better postboard. i want to stop lifegain, avoid wurmcoil connecting and disrupt his gameplan estroying lands and artifacts. I am unsure if siding in path and palm because they are reactive but i think they are worth it to stop wurmcoil. I side out boros charms instead of say lava spike or rift bolt because i always prefer the burn spell that costs less, given that i am already rasing up the curve when sideboarding.

game 2 : he keeps a one lander with chromatic stars to cycle and feed the clan / thraghtusk. He doesn't draw land in time and even if he did gaining 5 life would not have been enough. i think he should have mulled.

2-0

Round 3 Vs Merfolk

Game 1 : playing against a friend. He is favoured overall but i am confident if i start on the play. I am on the draw instead but with double searing blaze i manage to win.

In: + 2 searing blood + 1 Lightning Helix + 1 Path to Exile +2 Smash to Smithereens. Out: 4 Skullcrack 2 Boros Charm.
Sideboarding like this is risky because both searing blaze and searing blood are neutralized by kira, and smash to smithereens is not guaranteed to have targets. But this spells are all extremely good if they work and i think they are needed to try and win an otherwise quite difficult matchup.On the draw i would have taken out all Eidolons and kept in burn spells.

Game 2 : I lose due to Spreading Seas turning 2 lands into islands. This will be the theme of the day until top 8 match

Game 3 : I keep a one lander with lots of one drops. i know i am dead to spreading sead but o think mulling is worse. I can't look for a good six cards hand that is also good against mana denial because that would mean having few spells that are probably not good enough to win. i think it is better to keep and hope that either he doesn't have the enchantent or i draw lands. He has it, i draw only burn and i lose.

2-1

Round 4 vs Abzan
Game 1: He is one of the better players in my area but i am happy to see he is on abzan. I am on the draw and Start very well and get him to 3, but then draw 2 lands and grim lavamancer and lose to tarmogoyf beats.

In : +2 Flames +3 Molten rain +1 Lightning Helix Out : 3 Grim Lavamancer 1 Forked Bolt 2 Swiftspears
i may be wrong but i just don't want to side in reactive cards like path and palm against abzan. If i were on the draw i would have prbably sided out more swiftspears and less lavamancers, because the monk is less likely to be relevant on the draw and lavamancer also shrinks graveyards which is good.

game 2 : i start with guide that reveals feed the clan then obstinate baloth. I think i'm dead but in the end guide does a ton of damage, he has to use his spell to gain only 5 life and baloth is stopped by my skullcrack.

game 3 : Similar to game one, i need to topdeck my final burn spell. I draw several lands but fortunately he doesn't see any lifegain. i make a mistake casting a bolt instead of suspending rift bolt .... next turn i draw skullcrack but i have only 4 mana so i can't cast both skull and rift bolt and win. So i have to suspend rift bolt, pass the turn, and he draws baloth but thanks god my topdecked skullcrack saves me. i was very lucky and made a very bad mistake. Opponent is very salty, he hates burn and shows me 2 baloths and 3 feed the clans in sideboard. Also other people will complain during the day about how playing burn is stupid and boring and you only need luck to win. i don't know , part of me wants to explain carefully to them how idiotic their arguments are and/or punch them in the face while saying how bad are the decks they are playing , but part of me is happy because this attitude make people undervalue burn and not prepare for it. So i just ignore them.

3-1

Round 5 : ID against abzan. We play for fun and i lose 2-1.

3-1-1

Top 8 against merfolk, same opponent as before

Game 1. I am obviously on the draw and obviously lose to double spreading seas. i start damning islands and praying the gods of the mountains to save me while the crowd is very entertained to see me keep losing to spreading seas.

Games 2 and 3 : He has once a spreading seas when i kept a one lander, then double spreading seas when i kept a two lander. But both times i topdeck land after land and win :) that's how magic works, in the end i think he was more lucky to always have spreading seas than i was drawing lands. He only has 4 seas while i have 20 mana sources.

Top 4 against UWR control

Game 1:
Really didn't expect to see this deck and i hope he doesn't draw a ton of helices. He has 2 of them plus snapcaster so he gains 9 life while annihilating my board. Later he casts sphinx's for 3 so he gained 12 life overall. Despite this the game went very long because he didn't manage to draw his finishers and i drew a lot of gas, i was at 4 life and he was like 6-7 life. We both made a mistake : early in the game i took 2 free damages casting eidolon first then swiftspear, and that could have been very relevant. In the last turns he has a cryptic command and i cast a goblin guide : for some unknown reasons, instead of counter draw he bounces it and draws (he thought it would have been nice to see if he drew a land from my guide). It turns out he has no removal and i win thanks to that guide. despite mistakes it was the best game of the event.

In: +2 Flames +3 Molten rain +1 Smash to Smithereens Out : 3 Grim lavamancer 3 searing blaze

I know he plays at least one batterskull and i also expect spellskite so i board in one artifact destruction spell.

Game 2:
I have triple eidolon but he casts timely reinforcements turn 3 then does nothing until dropping batterskull. So he gains too much life while i kill myself with eidolons.

game 3 : This time also i have lots of creatures and double eidolon. the crowd makes jokes about me always having eidolon. he doesn't gain any life , no helix, no reinforcements, and he is overwhelmed by my army.

Finals against G/R tron

Very uneventful match, i win in 2 games with him opposing zero resistance.

So i am now qualified to a ptq the 27th of june. I don't even know if i want to go because reaching the location (Turin) will cost me quite a bit, but if i go i will get foil Liliana of the veil that would in part refund me, and have some free boosters (the format is sealed). Time will tell, what is important is that i burnt people to death.

GoblinWarchief

Rx Burn

Postby GoblinWarchief » Wed May 20, 2015 7:01 pm

Aversion to lifegain should be a worldwide habit .... I am currently testing a Gruul build with the full 8 skullcrack and command. I still don't want to play 3 colors.

Khaospawn
Khaospawn's beautiful and unique title

Rx Burn

Postby Khaospawn » Wed May 20, 2015 8:26 pm

The Gruul version is good. Though, I think that the Boros version is more powerful and versatile.
In a pinch, Khaos' beard can help turn this around.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

GoblinWarchief

Rx Burn

Postby GoblinWarchief » Wed May 20, 2015 8:53 pm

I can't honestly say which card is better between boros charm and atarka's command, but i still prefer R/W mainly because of sideboard options opened by white.

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby Valdarith » Wed May 20, 2015 9:54 pm

I like having access to Kor Firewalker.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby magicdownunder » Fri May 22, 2015 12:06 am

Nicely done GoblinWarchief!!!

I don't think I'll switch into 1 or 2 colour burn unless the metagame shifts into heavy aggro (like in 2-Mans or Local).
Last Time
Hi all - I'm a infinite modo grinder (I was ranked 34th in the player of the year race during 2014 despite my long break).

Anyhow I'm back now - slightly rusty but still inf.

[deck=MDU's Naya Burn]Lands 20
4 Arid Mesa
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Stomping Ground
2 Bloodstained Mire
2 Mountain

Creatures 10
4 Goblin Guide
4 Monastery Swiftspear
2 Grim Lavamancer

Direct Burn 14
4 Lava Spike
4 Boros Charm
4 Atarka's Command
2 Skullcrack

Flexible Burn 16
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Searing Blaze
4 Rift Bolt
4 Shard Volley

Sideboard 15
2 Skullcrack
2 Volcanic Fallout
2 Path to Exile
2 Kor Firewalker
3 Deflecting Palm
4 Destructive Revelry[/deck]

Modern Single Elimination (8-Man) Video Report:

R1 Naya Burn vs Scapeshift Modern SE 8232334
R2 Naya Burn vs Junk Modern SE 8232334
R3 Naya Burn vs Tron Modern SE 8232334

^Click to watch

Why bother watching these video?

For fun, SB'ing examples (though haphazard) and maybe inspiration to try out MODO because if I can go inf. (heck even make money) even with all my mistakes - you can as well!.
4 Arid Mesa
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Stomping Ground
2 Bloodstained Mire
2 Mountain

Creatures 14
4 Goblin Guide
4 Monastery Swiftspear
2 Grim Lavamancer

Direct Burn 12
4 Lava Spike
4 Boros Charm
4 Atarka's Command

Flexible Burn 14
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Searing Blaze
4 Rift Bolt
2 Lightining Helix

Sideboard 15
1 Skullcrack
2 Deflecting Palm
2 Pynte Spellbomb
2 Volcanic Fallout
2 Path to Exile
2 Kor Firewalker

Modern Daily Event Video Report:

R1 Naya Burn vs Grixis Delver Modern DE 8217100
R2 Naya Burn vs Living End Modern DE 8217100
R3 Naya Burn vs Robots Modern DE 8217100
R4 Naya Burn vs Junk Modern DE 8217100

^Click to watch

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby Valdarith » Fri May 22, 2015 1:14 am

I just want to see you play in the mirror!

GoblinWarchief

Rx Burn

Postby GoblinWarchief » Fri May 22, 2015 1:10 pm

You should be siding in palm vs affinity (you didn't in the video). It's good when you face a cranial plating or a master of etherium.

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby Valdarith » Fri May 22, 2015 6:26 pm

Yeah, it's especially nice when they Plating their Etched Champion and swing for a bunch.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby magicdownunder » Sat May 23, 2015 4:42 am

Yeah - I had that discussion regarding Deflecting Palm on mtgs I can see its merits - it properly is better then Lava Spike type cards in that MU at the very least. Regarding the Mirror its been awhile since I experienced it outside 2-Man which I don't really record, just wait until it chance upon one during a DE.

GoblinWarchief

Rx Burn

Postby GoblinWarchief » Sat May 23, 2015 3:44 pm

Played in a small event yesterday at fnm with the gruul version --- Atarka's command didn't impress me, i never had absurd creature draws where it did 5+ damages ..... it is good, but not boros charm level i think (though i obviously need more testing). What the gruul version really improves is fighting against leyline, because with my deck yesterday i could play postboard 4 guides, 4 swiftspears, 4 eidolon, 3 grim lavamancer (attacking for 1 is better than nothing), 1 keldon marauder (added this last minute because i wanted one more creature to pump with command, was undecided between zurgo and keldon but opted for the latter because at least he always deals 2 damages), 4 atarka's command, 4 destructive revelry, 3 molten rain. That's 27 cards that don't care about leyline, and eventually you will get to destroy it or use your bolts as removal spells.
Unfortunately the mirror gets very difficult --- i reached the finals and lost to boros burn with helices and 4 kor firewalker... well, i had 2 pyrite spellbomb but he was playing 4 of them so he was favoured.Anyway i won 2 modern master boosters and opened karn :)

Platypus
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby Platypus » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:38 am

I'm going to a bigger Modern event on Saturday. The question is: Atarka's Command or no? I have zero plays behind me with Atarka version, not that I think it matters much. Metagame will probably be heavy on Twin, Burn and Junk/Collected Company, Grixis Delver might be popular as well, and Affinity to a lesser degree, the rest is 1-2 decks each of everything else in Modern.

I get the feeling from what I've read that the Atarka versions aren't strictly better than the RW splash green for Revelry versions.

Any thoughts on trolling with 1-2 Become Immense?
Sig by NBW

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby Valdarith » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:13 pm

All the decks you've mentioned point toward not running Atarka's Command. I'm personally not a fan anyway. I've watched people run the Command version with it in place of Skullcrack and I've very rarely seen it be anything but Skullcrack, which is bad.

Don't run Become Immense.

I'm starting to come around regarding Path to Exile and/or Rending Volley.

Platypus
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby Platypus » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:27 pm

I've noticed when looking at stats on MTG Goldfish that Burn isn't doing so well right now. Whether that is because it's being hated out or everybody forcing Atarka's Command, I don't know.

I'll probably have a decklist up tonight or tomorrow...
Sig by NBW

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby Valdarith » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:22 pm

I have personally skewed my 75 in Grixis Delver to beat Burn. I think it's a combination of people being prepared and Atarka Burn being worse against CoCo and aggressive decks.

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby Valdarith » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:44 pm

I've been thinking: if people fear Twin, why not preboard against them and play Flame Javelin? It gives you another 4 damage spell which the deck can't have too many of, it kills Exarch on turn three, and is immune to IoK.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby magicdownunder » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:54 pm

I use to run Flame Javelin in the same slot people use Shard Volley - I liked it, it works well with Eidolon of the Great Revel as well.

Platypus
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby Platypus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:00 pm

So I'm currently on this slightly tweaked (SB only) deck from my last Modern event (the one I won):

[deck=Platy's Burn]Land (20)
12 Red Fetches
4 Mountain
3 Sacred Foundry
1 Stomping Ground

Creatures (14)
4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Goblin Guide
2 Grim Lavamancer

Spells (26)
4 Lava Spike
4 Rift Bolt
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Boros Charm
4 Searing Blaze
4 Skullcrack
2 Lightning Helix

Sideboard
2 Rending Volley
2 Deflecting Palm
3 Kor Firewalker
2 Path to Exile
4 Destructive Revelry
2 Molten Rain
[/deck]

I've decided to go without Atarka's Command, mostly because I haven't played with it and any possible gains will be negated by my probably poor decision making with it. I'm pretty set on the maindeck, except for the ratios of Skullcrack, Searing Blaze, and Lightning Helix. I'm thinking about swapping the Helixes or Helix/Blaze for two Flame Javelins, but I don't know. The sideboard feels ok, but I'm still not sure about Molten Rain. I'm thinking about Pyrite Spellbombs instead.
Sig by NBW

Whole

Rx Burn

Postby Whole » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:44 am

with 20 lands, do y'all side out a land on the draw or is that greedy?
excerpt from my t8 profile:

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby magicdownunder » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:53 am

with 20 lands, do y'all side out a land on the draw or is that greedy?
That isn't greedy at all - most list are sporting 19 lands anyways (not a huge differences between 19 or 20) so subbing one on the draw seems fine.

Whole

Rx Burn

Postby Whole » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:00 am

Sweet. So I just bought this deck on MTGO because for the longest time I've been trying to force really bad RW decks. Lo and behold, I accidentally amassed the whole deck besides a few fetches, a set of Goblin Guides, and a bunch of commons and uncommons. So I snapped the deck up for 42 tix.

What I'm wondering is, is Naya strictly better than RW or RG versions? Is Black simply not worth running now?

Whole

Rx Burn

Postby Whole » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:54 am

Also I took out the Volcanic Fallout from the board...it has been very unimpressive.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby magicdownunder » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:49 am

Sweet. So I just bought this deck on MTGO because for the longest time I've been trying to force really bad RW decks. Lo and behold, I accidentally amassed the whole deck besides a few fetches, a set of Goblin Guides, and a bunch of commons and uncommons. So I snapped the deck up for 42 tix.

What I'm wondering is, is Naya strictly better than RW or RG versions? Is Black simply not worth running now?
I like Black and I personally believe you have really little reason not to play 3c unless your metagame is filled with aggressive decks,

Anyhow here is JohnnyHotSauce a consistence MTGO grinders take on jund Burn (its really solid in the current metagame, take that goyf. lightning bolt and ooze).

[deck=JohnnyHotSauce's Jund Burn]Lands 21
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Wooded Foothills
3 Copperline Gorge
3 Mountain
2 Blackcleave Cliffs
2 Blood Crypt
2 Stomping Ground
1 Arid Mesa

Creatures 15
4 Goblin Guide
4 Monastery Swiftspear
3 Tasigur, the Golden Fang

Spells 24
4 Bump in the Night
4 Lava Spike
4 Rift Bolt
4 Atarka's Command
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Searing Blaze

Sideboard 15
4 Self-Inflicted Wound
3 Destructive Revelry
3 Molten Rain
2 Anger of the Gods
2 Rending Volley
1 Skullcrack [/deck]

- - - - - -
Last Time
Hi all - I'm a infinite modo grinder (I was ranked 34th in the player of the year race during 2014 despite my long break).

Anyhow I'm back now - slightly rusty but still inf.

4 Arid Mesa
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Stomping Ground
2 Bloodstained Mire
2 Mountain

Creatures 10
4 Goblin Guide
4 Monastery Swiftspear
2 Grim Lavamancer

Direct Burn 14
4 Lava Spike
4 Boros Charm
4 Atarka's Command
2 Skullcrack

Flexible Burn 16
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Searing Blaze
4 Rift Bolt
4 Shard Volley

Sideboard 15
2 Skullcrack
2 Volcanic Fallout
2 Path to Exile
2 Kor Firewalker
3 Deflecting Palm

Modern Single Elimination (8-Man) Video Report:

R1 Naya Burn vs Scapeshift Modern SE 8232334
R2 Naya Burn vs Junk Modern SE 8232334
R3 Naya Burn vs Tron Modern SE 8232334

^Click to watch

Why bother watching these video?

For fun, SB'ing examples (though haphazard) and maybe inspiration to try out MODO because if I can go inf. (heck even make money) even with all my mistakes - you can as well!.

4 Arid Mesa
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Stomping Ground
2 Bloodstained Mire
2 Mountain

Creatures 14
4 Goblin Guide
4 Monastery Swiftspear
2 Grim Lavamancer

Direct Burn 12
4 Lava Spike
4 Boros Charm
4 Atarka's Command

Flexible Burn 14
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Searing Blaze
4 Rift Bolt
2 Lightining Helix

Sideboard 15
1 Skullcrack
2 Deflecting Palm
2 Pynte Spellbomb
2 Volcanic Fallout
2 Path to Exile
2 Kor Firewalker

Modern Daily Event Video Report:

R1 Naya Burn vs Grixis Delver Modern DE 8217100
R2 Naya Burn vs Living End Modern DE 8217100
R3 Naya Burn vs Robots Modern DE 8217100
R4 Naya Burn vs Junk Modern DE 8217100

^Click to watch
Hi all its been awhile since my last post but I have about 4 weeks of videos on my site up for your viewing pleasure which include this little beaut:

[deck=MDU's YOLO(5c) Burn]Lands 20
04x City of Brass
04x Gemstone Mine
04x Mana Confluence
04x Scalding Tarn
01x Mountain
01x Blood Crypt
01x Sacred Foundry
01x Stomping Ground

Creatures 12
04x Goblin Guide
04x Monastery Swiftspear
04x Vexing Devil

Spells 28
04x Bump in the Night
04x Lava Spike
04x Boros Charm
04x Atarka's Command
04x Lightning Bolt
04x Rift Bolt
04x Shard Volley

Sideboard 15
02x Skullcrack
02x Volcanic Fallout
02x Destructive Revelry
02x Deflecting Palm
03x Abrupt Decay
04x Searing Blood[/deck]

R1 YOLO Burn vs Junk Modern DE 8245618
R2 YOLO Burn vs RG Tron Modern DE 8245618
R3 YOLO Burn vs Junk Modern DE 8245618
R4 YOLO Burn vs Tooth and Nail Modern DE 8245618

^click to watch

The deck idea is just to cram the deck with as many 1cc spells as possible to create a more consistence turn 4 goldfish.

ETC
T1: Land + Burn or Creature
T2: Land + Burn x2 or Creature
T3: Burn x2 or land + burn + Creature with opp. fetching or creatures you may win on this turn
T4: Anything which deals damage

Its still in the design stage so things like lightning Helix, Blaze, Reducing land counts or even running extra 1c haste creature could be interesting (weak cards in the MD include devils, command, Mountain and/or shard).

Whole

Rx Burn

Postby Whole » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:37 am

Are the Tasigurs actually good in burn? Seems really weird.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby magicdownunder » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:18 am

Are the Tasigurs actually good in burn? Seems really weird.
I personally don't like it but I respect JHS enough as a fellow grinder to see some merit with the card (it does pretty much draws you an extra burn every turn after you hit 4 mana and its good vs ooze + goyf).

I'm still playing around with my 5c list (YOLO) since I find it rather amusing :p

Platypus
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby Platypus » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:10 am

After this weekend's 3-4 result, I'm really interested in testing a Tasigur version.
Sig by NBW

Pedrobear

Rx Burn

Postby Pedrobear » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:08 pm

Do you think it relies on using his capcity ? If not, Gurmag Angler isnt it better in the same spot ?

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby magicdownunder » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:11 pm

I'm looking forward to reading about your testing results Platypus!!

@Pedrobear: It must be otherwise he wouldn't need 21 lands.

- - - - -

I've updated my YOLO list (its a real 5x deck now since I added blue cards and changed up the SB) so far I won 3-0 in an SE and I'm currently 3-0 in a DE.

Platypus
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby Platypus » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:27 pm

I'm looking forward to reading about your testing results Platypus!!
Don't hold your breath. I have really limited opportunities to playtest and even less to play in tournaments atm.

Gurmag Angler could work as well, but without Thought Scours for instance to really get it out early I'm not sure if it's the best option. Tasigur has the ability as well as a bonus. But a 2 Tasigur/1 Angler split?
Sig by NBW

sirzevo
Newcomer

Rx Burn

Postby sirzevo » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:37 pm

@MDU

In your Naya burn, could you replace Scalding Tarn with Wooded Foothills? Wouldn't that also make it a little easier to fetch for your lands you need?
Find me on Cockatrice and Xmage: scottymandingo.

Be sure to come follow me on Twitch!

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby Valdarith » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:48 pm

Scalding Tarn fetches Stomping Ground just as easily as Wooded Foothills but has the upside of disguising oneself as a Grixis deck in game one.

Whole

Rx Burn

Postby Whole » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:14 am

Should I bring in destructive revelry in versus Tron?

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby Valdarith » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:37 am

Seems like a direct replacement for Searing Blaze to me.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Rx Burn

Postby magicdownunder » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:51 am

@MDU

In your Naya burn, could you replace Scalding Tarn with Wooded Foothills? Wouldn't that also make it a little easier to fetch for your lands you need?
Yep, like what Val said Bloodstained Mire, Wooded Foothills. Arid Mesa and Scalding Tarn all do the same thing I just prefer Tarn's and Mires so I can pretend to other decks for turn or two.
Should I bring in destructive revelry in versus Tron?
Yep, it buys you a turn vs the worm which is generally the only way Tron can beat us.

warwizard87

Rx Burn

Postby warwizard87 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:32 pm

so i played at scgs invitational....went 3-4 ugg 2-2 modern 1-2 standard. modern went round 1 vs gw little kid with 4 fiendslayer pallys main, 4 laylines and 3 kor firewalkers side. and round 2 vs bloomtitan and they went off turn 3 both games then i beat a scapeshift and a elf company deck. standard had 3 closer games, i was on attarka red, vs abzhan aggro game 3 i had him to one life and bricked 3 turns in a row. won vs abzhan control then lost to a sulti whip when he went from hellbent and dead on board next turn, to whip gain 10 life. oh well. my irl teammate walked away with 5 grand and a top 4 with merfolk however so it wasnt a totally wasted weekend
I swear to God, every thread we make falls victim to Godwin's law except instead of Hitler it's redthirst's piece.

Return to “Aggro”