Why Hello There my Good Chaps!

You may introduce yourself here
Yannaria
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Yannaria » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:32 pm

1. I obviously read too much into your small comment, I apologize. You seemed to not like the idea of blending sex and money, whereas I think not only should the trade be viable, but lots of crazy stuff too like it shouldn't even be taxed. A miscommunication.
I know England and German have a law similar to what you describe where it's okay as long as it's non-profit, but they've got this law as well forbidding anybody else from being in the same room/s in case a threesome breaks out... I think it's called the anti-fetish law... which means that sex workers can't even have a bodyguard or secretary. Always pissed me off. Does your country have that?

2. I don't really have any specific doubts, no, I just like learning as much as possible about
fascinating stuff like the mind/body connection of yoga. I used to date a yoga instructor, and she'd try to get me interested but she was at such a higher level of understanding it was hard for her to communicate the basics to my n00bish self (she'd been doing it since she was 8 ). I always had trouble moving from the physical to the meditative and usually we'd just end up having crazy monkey sex instead. So any time you want to talk about whatever, for my part I'll listen, since you've got the open forum and all to do so.
Never been part of a yoga class, though; there's a stigma against men doing it in public here and I could never get past the feeling that I'd just be creeping if I signed up for a class full of women in yoga pants.
lol crazy monkey sex.

I like my women like I like my asshole, shaved.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:36 pm

Good God, Yanni, get laid.

DjBlackDiamond
Newcomer

Postby DjBlackDiamond » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:46 pm

1. I obviously read too much into your small comment, I apologize. You seemed to not like the idea of blending sex and money, whereas I think not only should the trade be viable, but lots of crazy stuff too like it shouldn't even be taxed. A miscommunication.
I know England and German have a law similar to what you describe where it's okay as long as it's non-profit, but they've got this law as well forbidding anybody else from being in the same room/s in case a threesome breaks out... I think it's called the anti-fetish law... which means that sex workers can't even have a bodyguard or secretary. Always pissed me off. Does your country have that?
No anti-fetish law here. In fact, the non-profit law here is kind of vague, because
it's always really hard to prove in court what's 'third party profit from selling sex'. Here we have a lot of 'mens clubs', palces you go to meet prostitutes. The drinks there are really out-of-price, and usually the club owners share a percentage of those prices with the sex-workers (who then leave the clubs with the men to pursue business) - and that's totally legal, because their not selling sex but boozze, even though they need the girls there to sell it. Morally one may think that's a 'third party profit', but legally it's not considered so. Of course they also don't care about how many people are in the room with the sex worker, she can be in her own bed with ten men, so what? It's her house and her services...
2. I don't really have any specific doubts, no, I just like learning as much as possible about fascinating
stuff like the mind/body connection of yoga. I used to date a yoga instructor, and she'd try to get me interested but she was at such a higher level of understanding it was hard for her to communicate the basics to my n00bish self (she'd been doing it since she was 8 ). I always had trouble moving from the physical to the meditative and usually we'd just end up having crazy monkey sex instead. So any time you want to talk about whatever, for my part I'll listen, since you've got the open forum and all to do so.
Never been part of a yoga class, though; there's a stigma against men doing it in public here and I could never get past the feeling that I'd just be creeping if I signed up for a class full of women in yoga pants.
There's a stigma against men doing it in public?!? Sorry to ask, but where do you live? I have male students and BIG 'coming out'... Mr. Scumbag is a yogi himself! Of course there's the all 'yoga pants' imagery, but sorry to break it to you... Most women
don't fit that image. (Just remember when all that legging trend got mainstream: women with incredible see through pants hit the streets and that was not always pretty to watch...) Women, come in all SIZES and SHAPES (except maybe in some 'trendy studios' in NY or LA), and we DO have Lululemons:
2010apr27-lulu_ad.jpeg
Men usually don't feel so physical gifted to pratice Yoga because they tend to be less flexible. But that's not a problem, because that's not what Yoga is about. There's a HUGE range of asanas (poses) and ALL of them involve a combination of various 'skills': flexibility, muscle strenght and concentration/focus. So... Generally speaking, if men tend to be less flexible they also tend to be stronger and more focused.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:56 pm

lol say no too camel toe

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:57 pm

I like a bit of camel toe
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:09 pm

I love me some Yoga Pants

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:13 pm

I can get behind Yoga Pants
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:33 am

I live or the northern edge of Midwest America, outside of any major metropolitan area. Most anything geared towards fitness that isn't anaerobic weight training is geared towards women here. There are worse stigmas in the world though, I figure.

DjBlackDiamond
Newcomer

Postby DjBlackDiamond » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:45 am

I live or the northern edge of Midwest America, outside of any major metropolitan area. Most anything geared towards fitness that isn't anaerobic weight training is geared towards women here. There are worse stigmas in the world though, I figure.
You have a point there. But all I'm saying is that you should give a it try, if you really wanto to grasp the body-mind-meditation thing .
(Even if all you wanna do is look at 'yoga pants'. Most of us, can't really grasp the deeper meaning of why we do stuff, anyway...
When I attended my very first class (in the stone age, waaaayyy back) I spent 60 minutes swearing at the teacher (do you want me to put my leg where you skinny yoga bitch?!? no way I'm gonna do it, kind of stuff) and
making fun of the other students (look at that face... is not a relaxed face, it's a i'm in pain face... and on, and on...). Nonetheless, I couldn't be more suprised at my old self when I left the house for the second class... I felt an urgent and physical need to be there, even though I sucked at it and bitched about it the entire previous class... Really, go figure that... I never gave it up and now I even teach it!

I can go on and on having philosophical discussions about Yoga and its deeps but, again... There's also a yoguic saying that sums it up: "Before you've practiced, the theory is useless. After you've practiced, the theory is obvious."

Try it and then tell me all about it.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:43 am

Okay. I can't join any classes right now, my schedule's too weird for that, but if you want to suggest a place to start I'd certainly be willing to give it the ol' college try.

DjBlackDiamond
Newcomer

Postby DjBlackDiamond » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:55 pm

Okay. I can't join any classes right now, my schedule's too weird for that, but if you want to suggest a place to start I'd certainly be willing to give it the ol' college try.
Search for a RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance) in your area and do a class. I'm not sponsored by them, I'm just pointing you to people how have had certified training to be Yoga teachers. Other then that, try 2 or 3 styles and find the one what you like best.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:32 am

Well, I've hit a snag. Even with controlling my breathing, trying to find a peaceful inner place, and all that, I still get kinda bored.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:24 pm

Are you listening to music or something?
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:56 pm

Well, I've hit a snag. Even with controlling my breathing, trying to find a peaceful inner place, and all that, I still get kinda bored.
I hear Xanax helps with this
#drugsbad

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:38 pm

Are you listening to music or something?
I tried using my MP3 player but the earbud chord gets in the way what with all the twisting. :(

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:10 am

you know what speakers are right?

DjBlackDiamond
Newcomer

Postby DjBlackDiamond » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:25 am

Well... Sorry to put it like this... But if you're bored, you're not there yet. Boredom is an emotion. When we're in total sync with our body throught the mind, we don't feel attached to any emotions (either 'good ' or 'bad'). We are mindful in the present moment by focusing on Tapas (asceticism, disciplined and concentrated practice) and detachment (Vairāgya).

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:28 am

Do you think it would work for me to use a mantra? I use those in my passive meditation.

DjBlackDiamond
Newcomer

Postby DjBlackDiamond » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:07 am

Do you think it would work for me to use a mantra? I use those in my passive meditation.
I teach my classes with some of my favorite mantra 'singers', with a more 'melodic undertone', to get students curious about mantras and to help their movements flow. Some of my personal favorites include Alexia Chellun (http://www.last.fm/music/Alexia+Chellun/Jap+Hari), Deva Premal & Mitten (http://www.last.fm/music/Deva+Premal), Rudra Das (http://www.last.fm/music/
Rudra+Das?ac=rudra%20das) or even Snatam Kaur, who sings a lot in english (http://www.last.fm/music/Snatam+Kaur).

That said, in personal pratice I prefer to listen to my 3 or 4 of my favorite mantras (Om Namah Shivaya, Gayatri Mantra, Om Namah Shivaya Gurave or Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya) , that I recorded in my personal recitation (that sounds something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... OX6zM9tvoY or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7pSswcI6YM). But I also pratice a lot with no 'music' whatsoever. It really depends how I'm feeling on one given day. If I'm a bit tense I always start with a mantra on the background.

If you're just starting I sugest you pick
a mantra 'singer' with a style and voice you can relate to. Beware that consistency is important. Choose 1 or 2 'singers' and stick with them (from 6 months to a year), rotating a bit between them everytime you pratice but not aiming to always be looking for novelty. For beginners, whom for the most most part are not familiar with the metrics of sanskrit is preferable to keep listinnig to familiar ways of entoning, it helps to 'feel' the mantra and perceive it beyond the
words.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:19 am

Lol, it never even occurred to me that commercially available mantras were a thing. :embarrass: I'll give it a shot.

DjBlackDiamond
Newcomer

Postby DjBlackDiamond » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:27 am

Lol, it never even occurred to me that commercially available mantras were a thing. :embarrass: I'll give it a shot.
I hope you find a mantra 'singer' you like. ^_^

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:23 am

Man, this is working out fantastically! Thank you, DJ, it's really helping now that I've found my groove. Granted, I'm still in the "just agile enough to be fun at parties" stage, but I look forward to my 40 min. a night now.

DjBlackDiamond
Newcomer

Postby DjBlackDiamond » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:27 pm

Man, this is working out fantastically! Thank you, DJ, it's really helping now that I've found my groove. Granted, I'm still in the "just agile enough to be fun at parties" stage, but I look forward to my 40 min. a night now.
Do you found a mantra 'singer' you like? That's awesome. You're still in the "just agile enough to be fun at parties" stage but you'll prove if you stick to your routine. :)

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:39 am

DjBlackDiamond, please come to bed. Its past midnight and I remind you we kinda have to get up early.
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:07 pm

your mantra should be "I loooooove yooooga paaaaaants"

Return to “Make an Entrance”