I hope you guys have good candy.

You may introduce yourself here
Dane
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

I hope you guys have good candy.

Postby Dane » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:48 am

I'm another member of the FoS MTGS exodus. I happily, and with full possession of my faculties posted a big ol' nasty "ragequit" (though I wasn't raging...quite calm) message telling the staff there how stupid they were. I'd checked this site out previously, and didn't register...because...well, I'm lazy, and I'm already registered to loads of sites.

Today changed all that. It'll be nice to be in a more laidback community, and I think the rest of my red mage brothers can attest to the fact that I'm not the fly off the handle type on an everyday basis. I just got tired of the favoritism and hypocrisy.

Anyway, enough of that. Who's got candy for me? What? It's in that windowless van? Awesome!
I'm just amazed by how dumb you can consistently pretend to be.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:54 am

Dane may come off as goofy, but that's just an act - he burned a bridge as thoroughly as I've even seen one burned today.

Not someone I'd suggest anyone piss off.
Last edited by redthirst on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Originally posted by Dechs Kaison on MTGS
redthirst is redthirst, fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was the leader of the Fires of Salvation, the only clan I'm aware of to get modded off the forums so hard they made their own forums.

Degenerate? Sure. Loudmouth? You bet. Law abiding? No ****ing way.

Great guy to have around? Hell yes.
I love the D...

Khaospawn
Khaospawn's beautiful and unique title

Postby Khaospawn » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:56 am

Hell hath no fury like Dane scorned...
In a pinch, Khaos' beard can help turn this around.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:57 am

Awesome, happy to have you onboard, its the kind of mindset we are expecting to foster around here! :thumbsup:

Btw, if you guys want/need to have a subforum, visible/hidden, open/invite only, just ask, we can set up the memberships on the fly, and we basically can provide whatever people want to have, the only thing we ask is to have enough people to keep the new corner alive, but I've heard that this wouldn't be an issue at all, taking into account the enthusiasm you guys have at posting...

So once again, gla to have you guys in the team!

Dane

Postby Dane » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:03 am

Nah, I'm goofy...but it's because I like to laugh. I can take things seriously, I just TRY not to.

Unless it needs to be. Then playtime's over.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and it's good to see some of my boys here. I'm biased, but those of you who haven't had much exposure to this crew...you're in for a treat. They know their stuff, and they have great personalities. I've liked what I've seen of this site so far, and I think it'll be a good fit.

ExarionUniverse1
Tire Aficionado

Postby ExarionUniverse1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:19 am

WAIT FOS is here sweet fellas Russian Alara to your services

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:30 pm

The snozzberry tastes like real snozzberries, even.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Bleibe, welcome, stay.
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:24 pm

I'd kinda like to see this ragequit message you gave them. I like to watch Sally Stuff get told. :lol:
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:29 pm

Originally posted by Dane on MTGS
Cut some out for brevity's sake, but otherwise...this.

Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, I'm done. Not with FoS, by any means, and I'll still be on our own forums constantly, but with this site. I have to add in the caveat that I MAY someday rethink this, but it's not likely. I'm not rage quitting or anything, I'm sitting in the library reading my Econometrics textbook, and decided to see what the newest scoop was with everything, and I'm frankly disgusted to see how the administration and moderation teams act around here.

To be blunt, the vocal portion of the staff here (I honestly can't even say the majority, cause there's really no way to know...it's just the most obnoxiously visible ones) are nightmares who have no business being in charge of their own bowel movements, let alone what other people say/do/(and most importantly)
think.

I've just let it roll over me for a long, long time, but I've been interested in finding a new community for awhile. I found you guys, and that kept me here when I was ready to flat out bail. When I made full member status, I was thrilled, because it meant if I couldn't handle it here anymore, I wouldn't lose you. Then for the longest time, we didn't have application approvals on the site...so I stuck it out. Well, now I'm approved, so I'm all set.

To my FoS brothers...sorry I won't be HERE to help you fight the good fight, but I'll be happy to bolster you with words of support on our forums, or wherever we may land, if a migration decision is made. And just so everyone reading this knows this isn't empty words...I'll just tell you this. If you every REALLY need backup, let me know, and I'll sign in, and come in swinging. I don't care anymore, they can pass out their little pathetic internet punishments, and infract me, and ban me, and sneer,
and do all their little ivory tower BS...but guess what? Ain't skeered. If I need to keep up the fight, and I've been banned, I'll just create a new account. Hopefully, it'll never come to that, and I can just be done with this trainwreck of a site. Finally, sorry for any problems this post may cause, but...with a bang, right?

To the staff (Pretty sure at least SOME of you will read this.) I'm sure some of you are cool. Those of you who are, post more. Push against the thought police that are so dominant and prevalent here. To the staff who isn't so cool...you guys need to take a step back and reexamine yourselves. Your behavior is incredibly hypocritical. My quote from Animal Farm earlier, while trite and cliche, is totally accurate. It's ok for YOU to flame, and sneer, and snipe, and assume, and it's ok for anyone you approve of, but if you aren't a mod's junk-hanger, then you'll get naughty boy points.

Seriously? You think you aren't going to
breed a culture of resentment and revolt with that kind of crap? That sort of thing is poison, and there are several of you who are the most poisonous of them all. I'll just name a couple of names, as long as I'm already in this far. First and foremost, Teia. The fact that this dude ever was in consideration for midship is ridiculous. He is absolutely the definition of poison. Funniest thing? If you look at my history, you'll see no conflict between us. In fact, I've only been carded ONCE in my time here, for making a dumb joke (that's a REALLY stupid rule, btw.) But I've watched his behavior, and he's an absolute horror of a human being, and I know I'm not the only one, nor are the members of the clan who feel the same (not trying to speak for everyone, just acknowledging that some of you may/probably feel the same.) Judging by his posts, he is an absolutely horrific human being in general, unless he's entirely different in person than he is on here. You
admins should not only strip him of power, but ban the ever loving **** out of him. The fact that you haven't done so thus far really suggests the presence of extra chromosomes in your genetic makeup. (Pssss...that's a cute way of my calling you *******.)

Parinoid also seems extra douchey. He's got the the holier than thou thing going on, and definately ranks high on the hypocrisy scale. I was revolted by his behavior in the admin thread. I know they say Magic players are socially awkward, but you gomers seem to take it to a whole new level. Are you just trying to flex here because you're insignificant everywhere else? Grow the **** up.

Y'know, I planned on saying more, but I'm getting bored. You staff know that this site is largely a joke in the MTG community. You're doing your level best to drive away the few good posters here (Note, I'm not saying that they're all in this clan/will be affected by this, and I'm not even placing myself in the "
good poster" category...but you WILL lose some of the better ones) in the name of your pathetic little power trips. I'll just say this...I KNOW I'm getting at least one infraction for this, and I'm sure you're going to be tempted to delete/sanitize/sterilize my post. Don't. I'm vindictive enough to check up on it randomly until I get bored of it and forget. I ALSO have it copied and saved...and should it get messed with, it WILL propagate. Yes, your army of mods can probably keep getting rid of it as fast as I can post it, but at least I'll be a nuisance until I get bored of it, and some people WILL see it, as much as you try to 1984 things (Man, this place DOES inspire Orwellian thoughts, doesn't it?)

Dane out, ****ers.
Infraction for flaming. -KoolKoal
There you go. In all its glory.
redthirst is redthirst, fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was the leader of the Fires of Salvation, the only clan I'm aware of to get modded off the forums so hard they made their own forums.

I love the D...

Dane

Postby Dane » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Infraction for flaming? Seriously? What kind of pansy-ass slap on the wrist is that? I at least expected a three-week ban for that tirade.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:46 pm

Infraction for flaming? Seriously? What kind of pansy-ass slap on the wrist is that? I at least expected a three-week ban for that tirade.
That's what you get for getting bored and quitting before you were done. Want the reward? Then you can't half-ass it.

I love the D...

Dane

Postby Dane » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:52 pm

I haven't quit yet...it just won't let me register for a new account for some reason, and I wanted to wait a bit, lull them into a false sense of security.

Besides, Wednesdays are my busiest days, school-wise. Plus, there was a Ham Challenge to fail.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:54 pm

Nice tirade, dude.

But, seriously, there are good mods. They just don't fight the vocal minority.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Dane

Postby Dane » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:56 pm

Yeah, I acknowledged that there were probably some good ones...they just don't make themselves obvious.

Return to “Make an Entrance”