Welcome to the Cube Forum! [Read This First]

Your Cube subforum

Moderator: Checkbox

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Welcome to the Cube Forum! [Read This First]

Postby Checkbox » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:00 am

Welcome to the Cube Forum! This is the place to discuss the best format in Magic: The Gathering - Cube Draft.

What is Cube Draft?
"Cube" is a format where players draft from a pool of cards that's specially chosen to be awesome to draft. As Tom LaPille said - A Cube is a collection of Magic cards, usually sleeved, with enough similarly sleeved basic lands to use with them. Traditionally, Cubes contain no more than one of any given card and are built with some kind of theme in mind. The most common theme I've run into is the "powerful cards I like from Constructed" theme. You can play any kind of Limited format you want with a Cube. The most common mode of play is Booster Draft, but I've played Winston draft, Winchester draft, Sealed Deck, and even three-on-three team Rochester draft with my paper Cube before.

What kinds
of cubes are there?

The most common is a "Powered" cube, which is meant to be the most powerful limited environment possible while following a few other guidelines, like keeping the format Highlander (only one of a particular card in the cube). There are other restrictions you can put on your cube to make it interesting in other ways, such as a Pauper Cube (all commons), a Peasant Cube (no rares/mythics), Artifact-themed, Tribal-themed, and even 1-drop Cube. Cube is everything you want it to be and nothing more, as you are the designer and developer of your own limited format, so you can build and theme your cube however you want!

How can I build my own cube?
Here is a good place to start: Evan Erwin's article on how to build your own cube. Of course, you can always just post here and ask for assistance with any Cube-related question!

Doesn't Magic Online have a Cube?

Yes! Tom LaPille designed the Magic Online Cube, and Max McCall developed it. The cube is 720 cards, as they wanted there to be a lot of variation in drafts since so many people would be drafting it so often. The most recent incarnation of the cube can be found here: http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/a ... rcana/1273

What can we discuss here?
Cube lists, individual card choices, archetype development, your pimp Cube cards, anything and everything related to Cube!

Here are a few guidelines you should keep in mind when posting:
1) Follow the forum rules as well as your own common sense.
2) Be respectful, in every sense of the word.
3) Use cardtags, it helps avoid
confusion.
4) Explain your thoughts and critiques; don't just spam your opinions everywhere, we want to know why you think card A is better than card B.
5) Have fun! Cube is the best format in Magic, so enjoy your time here! :D
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Return to “Maze of Ith (Cube)”