DTR's FIFA WorldCup Brazil 2014 Quiniela - Rules and Signups

Moderator: ( G_R )

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

DTR's FIFA WorldCup Brazil 2014 Quiniela - Rules and Signups

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:26 pm

[center]DiesToRemoval.com's FIFA WorldCup Brazil 2014 Quiniela[/center][/u][/b]

It's WorldCup year! And around these parts, that usually means quinielas!

And what does that Spanish-sounding word mean, you ask? Traditionally, in a quiniela, folks make an ante of a predefined amount of money. Then they submit a sheet with their score forecast for every match in the groups stage. Whoever selects the correct winner for a given match (or tie) is awarded one point. If the score is also predicted exactly as it ends up being, they get awarded 3 points instead. At the end of the groups stage, all points are added and, depending on the quiniela organizer, either first place gets the whole pot, or it is distributed among the top 3 participants.

Since we are not about to
collect cash from people over the Internet, we will be handing out (you guessed it) trophies! We'll have one for first, second and third places, no tie breakers, tied participants will all be awarded the corresponding trophy according to final scores. There might also be a little surprise for first place courtesy of DiesToRemoval.com's administration team.

A spreadsheet will be available as soon as one can be produced/is spam-mailed to me for submissions. There will be a separate thread for submissions and a game discussion thread, once kickoff date approaches.

(Yes, it's super early in the year, but that's how excited I am :dance: )
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Captain Murphy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:56 pm

Yes.
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Return to “Other Onsite Entertainment”