[Fedoras of Salvation] - White Knights ITT

Moderator: redthirst

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:48 am

Superior sexual skill (see redthirst for lessons) will earn that sort of behavior from a woman.

ExarionUniverse1
Tire Aficionado

Postby ExarionUniverse1 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:14 am

hey guys how are you men doing? RT, Nohman pm me when you can.

Khaospawn
Khaospawn's beautiful and unique title

Postby Khaospawn » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:58 am

Kinda pissed that my Professor shat on my perfectly good essay with this comment, "This is offensive and absoloutely inappropriate in an academic setting."

Then she gave me a 70 based solely on inappropriate tone. What a fucking cunt. And apparently she forgot how to use her spell check.

Academic setting or not, I only know one way to write and I only have one point of view: my own. If you can't handle my healthy disregard/disgust for religion, politics, and "the white man," then you suck my fat, hairy balls.

/end rant

*Deep breath* Whew, now I feel better. I had to unload this somewhere and I can only post so much on Facebook.

Happy B-day, Pyreheart!

And ham, it sounds like redthirst has taught you well. ;)
In a pinch, Khaos' beard can help turn this around.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:04 am

You'd be surprised how much a woman will put up with when you can regularly give her multiple orgasms.
Originally posted by Dechs Kaison on MTGS
redthirst is redthirst, fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was the leader of the Fires of Salvation, the only clan I'm aware of to get modded off the forums so hard they made their own forums.

Degenerate? Sure. Loudmouth? You bet. Law abiding? No ****ing way.

Great guy to have around? Hell yes.
I love the D...

Christen
Tire Aficionado

Postby Christen » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:06 am

Happy birthday Pyreheart! And yeah, did you just bring in that new card because it's your birthday?

Khaospawn

Postby Khaospawn » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:06 am

You'd be surprised how much a woman will put up with when you can regularly give her multiple orgasms.
True story.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:08 am

Kinda pissed that my Professor shat on my perfectly good essay with this comment, "This is offensive and absoloutely inappropriate in an academic setting."

Then she gave me a 70 based solely on inappropriate tone. What a fucking cunt. And apparently she forgot how to use her spell check.

Academic setting or not, I only know one way to write and I only have one point of view: my own. If you can't handle my healthy disregard/disgust for religion, politics, and "the white man," then you suck my fat, hairy balls.

/end rant

*Deep breath* Whew, now I feel better. I had to unload this somewhere and I can only post so much on Facebook.

Happy B-day, Pyreheart!

And ham, it sounds like redthirst has taught you well.
Khaos, brother...what did you write? Was this the essay when you referred to Martin Luther (?) flipping the middle finger at the Catholic Church?
Righteous sig by NBW

Skaldic Master of Fiery Salvation

Common Sense is now a Mythic Rare.

Self Medicated
Tire Aficionado

Postby Self Medicated » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:10 am

Happy birthday Pyreheart! Go have a drink on me. ;-)

Speaking of drinking, I'm currently enjoying some Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale. Weird name I know, but here is the story behind it:

Lagunitas, with its roots solidly in Petaluma in Sonoma County, a county that is home to many a marijuana stash, long held a beer tasting every Thursday evening: $2 beer, free food and music. Founder Tony Magee explains they advertised in a weekly newspaper, under the headline "420", because the tasting always started at 4:20 p.m. "We were having fun with it," Magee says. "It wasn't like a giant pot party. There might have been three or four people out of 70 smoking pot. It's like, well, this is Sonoma County." But the state Alcohol Beverage Control Board got the idea that Lagunitas or its employees were
selling dope at the tastings. So, for eight weeks, they sent undercover investigators, a man and a woman, to the tastings to try to buy marijuana. They had no luck. "People kept trying to give them some," Magee says. Finally, the ABC gave up and on St. Patrick's Day, 2005, they cited three people, including one Lagunitas worker, two for possession of marijuana, one for possession for sale. ABC spokesman John Carr says he isn't sure, but Magee says charges were dropped against all three.

Bottom line: The ABC suspended Lagunitas license to sell beer for 20 days and placed the company on one year's probation. Magee got the message. "Once in a while, God — the ABC — drops in and tells you he's in charge," Magee says. "Last year, we made 32,420 barrels of beer," he says. "No kidding, that number was in our report (to the federal government)."

Proving there's still free speech, Lagunitas released Undercover Ale as a regular seasonal.
SM, you complete me. :love:

Khaospawn

Postby Khaospawn » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:23 am

/end rant

*Deep breath* Whew, now I feel better. I had to
unload this somewhere and I can only post so much on Facebook.

Happy B-day, Pyreheart!

And ham, it sounds like redthirst has taught you well. ;)
Khaos, brother...what did you write? Was this the essay when you referred to Martin Luther (?) flipping the middle finger at the Catholic Church?
Yep, that essay.

This was the preface paragraph I wrote. I thought it would make it a little dramatic or something. At least, not as dry as what the textbook makes me wade through. Anyways...

"Sometimes the world needs a change. Sometimes the tyrannical establishment needs to be flipped upside down and urinated on to make way for new and exciting ideas. The oppressed needs to be freed and the corruption needs to be wiped away for progress to occur. Goliath needs to be slain and the little people of the world need to stand united and have their voices heard. When the forest grows too
thick, a purging fire is inevitable. And out of this destruction, new life will prosper."

I got three comments on this paragraph alone. The inappropriate comment. And then this one for the first sentence: "Avoid this type of generalized opening." But the real gem was this:

"Not one word in this paragraph adds to the content or effectiveness of this paper."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It reminds of that one line from Billy Madison during the Academic Triathalon.

At the end, she basically told me that I didn't respect my audience and it's not "what I say, it's how I say it," type of bullshit.

Funny thing is, if she wanted something dry and boring then she should've just read the textbook. When
you ask ME to write something, I'm going to write it in the only way I know how. For fuck's sake, it's a Humanities class, not a Comp Class.

Eh, at least I didn't fail this. And I still can't help but rant. I'll get over this. It's only a C. And I can't expect everybody to like everything I write. And I'd be pretty naive to think everything I wrote is gold. :rolleyes:

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:43 am

Field tested and verified. Redthirst my friend, you clearly know your way around a vagina.

LP, of the Fires
Tire Aficionado

Postby LP, of the Fires » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:52 am

Other then the Urinated comment, that was a fine paragraph and even then, I'd expect a mere eyebrow raise and a backhanded comment as opposed to "Your tone is bullshit 70 trololol"
You gotta understand, I love the beatdown. I really do. I always have.

Beatdown is hard, though.

Patrick chapin

Helios
Tire Aficionado

Postby Helios » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:28 am

I'd have given you the same comment, were it an academic paper:P

@Ham: Wow. Now that's impressive.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:12 am

Sleeping off a three day hangover. At some point, I made awesome decisions.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
4 - Confident and funny zem
5 - Condescending jerk zem
6 - Self-aware zem
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame,
Bona fide hustler making my name

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:23 am

Get 'em Z :)

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:32 am

Can't stop a pyreheart wolf, it says so on the card.

Also this: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showpost ... count=1290

Please kill me now.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

Helios
Tire Aficionado

Postby Helios » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:35 am

Worth noting: Ced Phillips is doing super hot with G/R aggro at SCG. G/R aggro also put 4 (maybe more, can't remember) in the WMCQ top 16; curious how many players were there.

Edit: Actually, C's deck is Jund; Falkenrath instead of Hellriders, and two Dreadbore main.

Happy birthday, Pyreheart!
At least they aren't coming here, right?
Last edited by Helios on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calamity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Calamity » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:58 am

Can't stop a pyreheart wolf, it says so on the card.

Also this: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showpost ... count=1290

Please kill me now.
Let the sheep gather. It will give us space to do real work.
Official Firebat of FoS

Helios
Tire Aficionado

Postby Helios » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:11 am

Happy birthday, lorddax!

What is this I don't even:

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdat ... ckID=55243

Calamity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Calamity » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:39 am

What the hell

I need to go to some scgs and win some free money lol
Official Firebat of FoS

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:44 am

My LGS is starting doing SCG IQs, so I'm going to jump on that and see if I can take down some nubz. I regularly top 4/8 in their paid tournaments, and I'm likely to play against the same people at their IQ.

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:56 am

Happy birthday, lorddax!! Oh great codemaster of the FoS, may the day bring you the fire to burn down your enemies and inflame your women!

Or a pleasant and relaxing celebration of your time on earth, if that's what suits! ;-)

@Khaos - FWIW, I think your writing style, cadence and expressiveness are outstanding. Regrettably, choosing to go "raw" sets you up for having very polarized responses from your audience--think Howard Stern. Like your instructor, some folks are going to set you aside simply because they don't accept your choices of metaphor, which I for one hate to see because you obviously have a strong, rich perspective and ability to share it. You're going to have to choose between loosing the words that want to roll off your tongue and reaching the broadest audience...whichever means the most to you.

You might
look closely at your subject here in your soul-searching...Martin Luther was a man who--at the time and given the state of things--was preaching heresy in the face of the mighty Catholic Church and thus walking a thin line. He managed to bring his word in such a way as to put the church on its ear but not give it any ammunition with which to shoot down his arguments out of turn. Sometimes the more telling blow isn't the overhand swing struck with blatant disregard for the niceties of society, but rather the dark blade slipped in between the gaps in those societal rules. Reflect on it a bit...you have a choice to make.
Righteous sig by NBW

LP, of the Fires
Tire Aficionado

Postby LP, of the Fires » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:00 am

Should be good practice Ham, especially if your interested in going to more competitive tourney's. I've been pretty much conscripted into it which I can't complain about(minus the fact that I haven't browbeat my team into letting me play red).

RE: Cedrics deck. I REALLY like it. Ryansolid from Salvation has been playing something vaguely similar though more agro, less midrangy. I was ready to snap jump on board with the deck, but so far in testing, it's mediocre versus my latest version of Junk Rites which is a matchup you really need to be solid on if you want to actually WIN the tournament. It's pretty much the best hasty flier deck though since it gets to flier mana the fastest and can actually support 3 maindeck hellkites on 23 lands. The board is also INCREDIBLY snazzy. What can I say, I'm a fan of 1-ofs.

Last but certainly not least; HAYPPY BIRTHDAY LORDAX.

@Photo: While I don't regularly preach against
the establishment or anything, I have experience with what your saying. There is a lot of room to be snarky as fuck while still getting your words out. Subtlety isn't very red, but it's a very powerful trait to cultivate and enhances your ability to maneuver through the world, especially when your stuck dealing with dickbags that you hate.

Patrick chapin

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:05 am

Superior sexual skill (see redthirst for lessons) will earn that sort of behavior from a woman.
Good sir, I raised a very fine glass of Lava Cap Petite Sirah tonight in your honor...may those breakfasts in bed be frequent and flavorful!

@zeman - I do not envy you the hangover, but if thoughts of getting there bring a smile, then all is good and I raise my glass to you as well.
Righteous sig by NBW

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:08 am

Mmmm, wine. I've been devouring all of the zinfandels at the local grocery store and enjoying the hell out of them. Any varietals that I should check out? I like malbec, pinot, zin and some of the cab blends.

LP, of the Fires
Tire Aficionado

Postby LP, of the Fires » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:08 am

Oh, as for clan Gruul, I actually have Leonikahn and Sarkhan person on ignore. I'm probably seeing just as much of there content either way.

Patrick chapin

Platypus
Tire Aficionado

Postby Platypus » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:13 am

I just read that Quinton Hoover passed away on Friday. So sad about this, he was one of my all-time favorite Magic artists.
Sig by NBW

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:13 am

@LK - My friend, I knew you would hear where I was coming from. I've worked for The Fed in the service of our veterans for 16 years now, and I've seen some utterly stupid shit done in the name of that service. I've always been one to speak out when something needed said, but I learned a long time back that if you can dance along that line without actually crossing it, you can really ruin someone's day without giving them grounds to invalidate your viewpoint. There is an art to telling someone that he or she is a brainless fuckstick without coming out and saying it, and I take delight in finding my way through that particular minefield.
Righteous sig by NBW

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:23 am

@photodyer I've figured out the right water / bean / grinding time mixture for those beans you've sent me. Coffee is fantastic, holy crap! I feel kind of dumb for waiting 30 years to even consider that it might be tasty.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:23 am

1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:26 am

Her blowjob technique is a little unrefined. Look at all those teeth...

Curl the lips under, damn it!

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:30 am

We can work on that.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:30 am

Mmmm, wine. I've been devouring all of the zinfandels at the local grocery store and enjoying the hell out of them. Any varietals that I should check out? I like malbec, pinot, zin and some of the cab blends.
I get the impression you like big, heavily-extracted wines just as I do, ham. You're already hitting most of my favorites; you might add Shiraz/Sirah/Syrah (same grape, Aussie vs. American nomenclature) to your list. Great wines are possible from the varietal, and the ones that hail from zeman's part of the world are often still available at bargain prices compared to their Californian counterparts. Grenache can be yummy as well.

I'm a bit out of the loop as to what is the best "bang for your buck" at the moment as I've
not bought wine since my ex first started having issues and raiding the basement stash...I'm actually looking a "backlog" of bottles that need to be consumed... :yes:
Last edited by photodyer on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Righteous sig by NBW

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:40 am

Thank you, Jerry. I'm going to try the ones you mentioned and see how I like them. I'm really shaky on the terminology (I still get sweet vs. dry wrong), but I know a tasty wine when I drink it.

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:41 am

@zeman - I can say naught but that I tip my hat and raise my glass...and that I am now going to firmly turn my mind in other directions!

Nope, can't do it. I have to say that the look on the blond's face in "eat at the Y" pick is absolutely priceless. Thanks for sharing!!

@ham - Glad to hear that you're enjoying the coffee, my friend...it is a morning indulgence that I dearly love and yet need not feel guilty over. The Roasterie is amazing; I sometimes change my driving routes downtown just so I can get close enough to smell the beans roasting. :D
Righteous sig by NBW

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:42 am

Jerry, do you remember the name of the unground coffee beans that you sent? I really like it but I threw the bag away when I put it in my canning jar. I'd like to track down a similar roast locally.

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:49 am

Thank you, Jerry. I'm going to try the ones you mentioned and see how I like them. I'm really shaky on the terminology (I still get sweet vs. dry wrong), but I know a tasty wine when I drink it.
As an introduction to Australian Shiraz, look for a bottle of Rosemount Shiraz, easily identifiable by the black bottle and diamond label. It used to be available for a song until people discovered it, now it tends to go for a bit over the $10 mark unless you catch a deal. Of course, being where you are, there are likely some local/in-state reserve Syrahs that will knock your socks off.

Last edited by photodyer on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Righteous sig by NBW

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:00 am

Jerry, do you remember the name of the unground coffee beans that you sent? I really like it but I threw the bag away when I put it in my canning jar. I'd like to track down a similar roast locally.
Pitalito Estate of Columbia - Here's the link to it on The Roasterie's website. It's one of their origin-based (location-specific) coffees rather than a particular blend or roast, though it is a relatively light roast as memory serves.
Righteous sig by NBW

Platypus
Tire Aficionado

Postby Platypus » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:18 am

So, what guild are you choosing as your main guild at the Dragon's Maze prerelease?

I'm choosing Rakdos with almost 100% certainty. I then have a 50% chance of getting cards in RWB from both my guild packs, and a 25% chance each of getting Jund or Grixis. I really like those choices, because of the cards I've seen from the spoiler so far. My second choice would be Gruul, which would give me a 50% chance of Jund, but a 25% chance of Naya (paired with Selesnya) or RUG (paired with Izzet). I'm not too fond of those 25% options, especially not the one with Izzet. I played Izzet at the RtR PR and didn't like it very much. The Boros option is even less interesting (50% chance of RWU, paired with Izzet or Azorius).

So what's your thoughts on this?

Edit: But Golgari would give a chance to open up a Deathrite Shaman, that would be sweet...decisions, decisions...
Sig by NBW

Khaospawn

Postby Khaospawn » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:51 pm

@Khaos - FWIW, I think your writing style, cadence and expressiveness are outstanding. Regrettably, choosing to go "raw" sets you up for having very polarized responses from your audience--think Howard Stern. Like your instructor, some folks are going to set you aside simply because they don't accept your choices of metaphor, which I for one hate to see because you obviously have a strong, rich perspective and ability to share it. You're going to have to choose between loosing the words that want to roll off your tongue and reaching the broadest audience...whichever means the most to you.

You might look closely at your subject here in your soul-searching...Martin Luther was a man who--at the time and given the state of things--was
preaching heresy in the face of the mighty Catholic Church and thus walking a thin line. He managed to bring his word in such a way as to put the church on its ear but not give it any ammunition with which to shoot down his arguments out of turn. Sometimes the more telling blow isn't the overhand swing struck with blatant disregard for the niceties of society, but rather the dark blade slipped in between the gaps in those societal rules. Reflect on it a bit...you have a choice to make.
Mind = blown.

I'm not used to filtering my awesomeness, but I see what you're saying. Your advice is greatly appreciated, buddy. :cheers:
I'd have given you the same comment, were it an academic paper:P
Sometimes [s:
1o618c9r]the tyrannical establishment[/s] Helios needs to be flipped upside down and urinated on to make way for new and exciting ideas.

And happy b-day, lorddax!!! You're a sexy man-beast!

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 pm

So I judged at the SCG Super here yesterday, look who showed up. :3

I finally got to make fun of him face-to-face about how he can't use a shift key to save his life!

Return to “Fires of Salvation”