[Fedoras of Salvation] - White Knights ITT

Moderator: redthirst

Khaospawn
Khaospawn's beautiful and unique title
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Khaospawn » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Jesus H. Christ, that VD thread is such a fucking trainwreck. Why do I waste my time? It's like going back to that ex you just KNOW is gonna cheat on you again.

Edit: page 100!

Like it matters. XD
Last edited by Khaospawn on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a pinch, Khaos' beard can help turn this around.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:58 pm

It matters.

100 pages of awesome.
Originally posted by Dechs Kaison on MTGS
redthirst is redthirst, fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was the leader of the Fires of Salvation, the only clan I'm aware of to get modded off the forums so hard they made their own forums.

Degenerate? Sure. Loudmouth? You bet. Law abiding? No ****ing way.

Great guy to have around? Hell yes.
I love the D...

Khaospawn
Khaospawn's beautiful and unique title

Postby Khaospawn » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:00 pm

Pure, unadulterated awesome. Just like redthirst's meat stick.
In a pinch, Khaos' beard can help turn this around.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:02 pm

This is only page 67 for me. :(

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Seriously?

You mother fucker...

:iiam:

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Good morning gents! I'm in bed, resisting the call of duty and responsibility. Probably going to get into work late today, but screw it.

I had a very strange situation crop up last night. A lovely lady was over for Game of Thrones and naturally we ended up in bed (either I'm irresistible or the show is).

She enjoys the rough stuff (spanking, biting, slapping, hair pulling), so I naturally assumed that she liked dirty talk as well. Since I'm a complete narcissist, I'm good at it because I like to talk. I launched into my dirty girl role play. Her two orgasms suggested she was enjoying it, even if she didn't say anything, or couldn't.

Later on in the night she stopped me, rolled off and started crying. Apparently she felt degraded and shut down. It seemed a lot like a dissociative experience that an old girlfriend used to get during really intense experiences.

Hmmm. There may be some troubling sexual experiences
in her past that I triggered with my supremely skillful technique.

If only I was a below average lover, this wouldn't have happened :)

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Uh oh, it has been done.
Island (Standard)
Discussions about the Standard format
Moderators: Alex, Kaitscralt, zemanjaski
Prepare your anus.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Is that what you were referring to?

Oh boy, moderators of a board that needs no moderation... go nuts.
redthirst is redthirst, fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was the leader of the Fires of Salvation, the only clan I'm aware of to get modded off the forums so hard they made their own forums.

I love the D...

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:25 pm

RUG Ramp
[deck]2 Aetherling
3 Arbor Elf
1 Borborgymos Enraged
3 Prime Speaker Zegana
2 Yeva, Nature's Herald
3 Zhur-Taa Ancient

3 Verdant Haven
4 Farseek
3 Ral Zarek
4 Bonfire of the Damned
3 Temporal Mastery

4 Breeding Pool
4 Stomping Ground
1 Steam Vents
2 Hinterland Harbor
3 Sulfur Falls
6 Forest
2 Alchemist's Refuge
3 Kessig Wolf Run[/deck]

What do you guys think?
the Yeva into Ancient play is a combo I would toy with if i had the B/G lands. Shouldn't you run 1 more Yeva though so you have her more than when you have Zhur-taa? You don't want to be hardcasting Zhur-taa into a Rakdos reurn/sphinx/bonfire for a million I would think.

I'd probably drop the verdant havens

+1 Arbor Elf
+2 Yeva?

nWolfir Avenger in the SB against aggro because he should see more play

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:26 pm

Uh oh, it has been done.
Island (Standard)
Prepare your anus.
oh..

this should be good

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:28 pm

ham, it's hard being an amazing lover sometimes... especially when the girl is certifiably insane.

My ex loved being slapped during sex - like "instant O" loved - except when she didn't - then it was abuse. And it could go from wanted to abusive in the time between when she said "hit me" and when I could smack her.

I love the D...

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Not yet, but now there's absolutely no danger of it becoming like MTGS.

Also gives me a slight nudge to finally start producing more than just one primer.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:34 pm

Good morning gents! I'm in bed, resisting the call of duty and responsibility. Probably going to get into work late today, but screw it.

I had a very strange situation crop up last night. A lovely lady was over for Game of Thrones and naturally we ended up in bed (either I'm irresistible or the show is).

She enjoys the rough stuff (spanking, biting, slapping, hair pulling), so I naturally assumed that she liked dirty talk as well. Since I'm a complete narcissist, I'm good at it because I like to talk. I launched into my dirty girl role play. Her two orgasms suggested she was enjoying it, even if she didn't say anything, or couldn't.

Later on in the night she stopped me, rolled off and started crying. Apparently she felt degraded and shut down. It
seemed a lot like a dissociative experience that an old girlfriend used to get during really intense experiences.

Hmmm. There may be some troubling sexual experiences in her past that I triggered with my supremely skillful technique.

Dammit Ham! You are too good of a lover. If you were only mediocre, like me, than you wouln't have this problem!

Wait....

LP, of the Fires
Tire Aficionado

Postby LP, of the Fires » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Uh oh, it has been done.
Island (Standard)
Prepare your anus.
I call shenanigans.

@Ham: Pretty fucking trippy. I'm actually terrible at dealing with crying bitches and would probably just leave the room and make a sandwich, then ask her if she wanted one.
You gotta understand, I love the beatdown. I really do. I always have.

Beatdown is hard, though.

Patrick chapin

Dodger

Postby Dodger » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Later on in the night she stopped me, rolled off and started crying. Apparently she felt degraded and shut down. It
seemed a lot like a dissociative experience that an old girlfriend used to get during really intense experiences.

Hmmm. There may be some troubling sexual experiences in her past that I triggered with my supremely skillful technique.

Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode. I guess sometimes girls want to be dirty whores with your dick up their ass while you pull their hair, but god forbid you actually call them a dirty whore. Then there are the girls who do all that and love being told what nasty little sluts they are... Guess you got the former.

ExarionUniverse1
Tire Aficionado

Postby ExarionUniverse1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Well congrats to Zemanjaski, who I respect greatly for his passion in the format and yes I will be man enough to also congratulate Alex.

I faniced me making this post would be better than people publishing pms.

and now I am out.

See you in the Standard Forums gentlemen!

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:48 pm

Not yet, but now there's absolutely no danger of it becoming like MTGS.

Also gives me a slight nudge to finally start producing more than just one primer.
That came out like I thought y'all being mods was stupid - sorry. I do think you two are the right choices for mods of that area. I was saying that the position of moderator on a forum that - by its nature - needs little-to-no moderation is nothing to get all worked up about.

I mean, do you know what the board rules
are? Me either. :shrug:

Still, congrats and good luck making the Standard forums into something respectable.

I love the D...

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:52 pm

ham, it's hard being an amazing lover sometimes... especially when the girl is certifiably insane.

My ex loved being slapped during sex - like "instant O" loved - except when she didn't - then it was abuse. And it could go from wanted to abusive in the time between when she said "hit me" and when I could smack her.
That sounds awful. I'm not suspecting psychopathy, but she might be a bit damaged. I'll have to do some digging to see what this is about.

Sexual Tyrannosaurism is a curse.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:53 pm

That sounds awful. I'm not suspecting psychopathy, but she might be a bit damaged. I'll have to do some digging to see what this is about.

Sexual Tyrannosaurism is a curse.
Yup. That happened twice before I was like "Nope. Not
worth it. Slap yo'self, bitch."

I love the D...

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:58 pm

That came out like I thought y'all being mods was stupid - sorry. I do think you two are the right choices for mods of that area. I was saying that the position of moderator on a forum that - by its nature - needs little-to-no moderation is nothing to get all worked up about.

I mean, do you know what the board rules are? Me either. :shrug:

Still, congrats and good luck making the Standard forums into something respectable.
Its not really about having a position with a nice bold tag to jerk off ala MTGS. You guys will notice that we try to have the staff remain as indistinguishable from the userbase as possible. Its more that when you are a mod you can move
threads around, edit other people's threads and delete idiotic posts and drivel that drags the conversation, so it helps being a mod if you have a vision for the subforum you are active in.

As for rules, rules are what allowed the staff from MTGS have their petty powers and harass people like you and me for months. You guys should have seen the sheer amount of convoluted crap they brought out when they were trying to shut down our own community (the gutter) at the orders of Curse. Then when this wasn't enough, they started banning people who wouldn't play along with their little corrupt game.

I know you are not complaining about not having rules red, but one thing I have at heart around here is that we will only define rules if the community cannot self-moderate and correct any problems by itself. Its about time we had a place where we can assume that people are adults, instead of hiring a team of 60+ cybernannies to patrol the streets and harass whoever is caught jaywalking.
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Helios
Tire Aficionado

Postby Helios » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Island (Standard)
Mein Gott.

...is this the real life?

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:59 pm

@Ham: I think you're awesomeness in the sack just triggered an emotional release.

I mean somethings gotta come loose...

Helios
Tire Aficionado

Postby Helios » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:02 pm

Yup. That happened twice before I was like "Nope. Not worth it. Slap yo'self, bitch."
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:04 pm

I call shenanigans.
I agree, it should have been you instead of me. :lol: I have way more experience playing Limited and Legacy than you guys do, but conversely you're probably all more in-line with Standard than I am.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:05 pm

@Ham: I think you're awesomeness in the sack just triggered an emotional release.

I mean somethings gotta come loose...
Next time I hope it triggers a sandwich :scared:

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:08 pm

I mean, do you know what the board rules are? Me either. :shrug:

Its not really about having a position with a nice bold tag to jerk
off ala MTGS. You guys will notice that we try to have the staff remain as indistinguishable from the userbase as possible. Its more that when you are a mod you can move threads around, edit other people's threads and delete idiotic posts and drivel that drags the conversation, so it helps being a mod if you have a vision for the subforum you are active in.

As for rules, rules are what allowed the staff from MTGS have their petty powers and harass people like you and me for months. You guys should have seen the sheer amount of convoluted crap they brought out when they were trying to shut down our own community (the gutter) at the orders of Curse. Then when this wasn't enough, they started banning people who wouldn't play along with their little corrupt game.

I know you are not complaining about not having rules red, but one thing I have at heart around here is that we will only define rules if the community cannot self-moderate and correct any problems by itself. Its about time we had a place where
we can assume that people are adults, instead of hiring a team of 60+ cybernannies to patrol the streets and harass whoever is caught jaywalking.
With you on all points.

Just figured I'd explain that my reaction was more toward the "prepare your anus" part and not the "we're now mods" part.

I love the D...

Self Medicated
Tire Aficionado

Postby Self Medicated » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:09 pm

Uh oh, it has been done.
Island (Standard)
Prepare your anus.
hidyourkids.jpg
SM, you complete me. :love:

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:10 pm

Don't worry, RT. It's in jest. I was a moderator at Allakhazam for quite a number of years. I ended up leaving when they were purchased by IGE out of protest, but I do have a lot of experience as a mod. (Surprisingly!) I assumed that was obvious by how involved I was in the MTGS thread where we talked about moderation method, but I guess maybe you didn't see it.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Don't worry, RT. It's in jest. I was a moderator at Allakhazam for quite a number of years. I ended up leaving when they were purchased by IGE out of protest, but I do have a lot of experience as a mod. (Surprisingly!) I assumed that was obvious by how involved I was in the MTGS thread where we talked about moderation method, but I guess maybe you didn't see it.
I got ya... still warranted a rolling of the eyes and snarky comment.

I love the D...

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:12 pm

I call shenanigans.
I agree, it should have been you instead of me. :lol: I have way more experience playing Limited and Legacy than you guys do, but conversely you're probably all more in-line with Standard than I am.
I mean, I think we should spruce up the other sections as well. If someone wants to take the mantle, there is a lot of work to do, so I guess just PM admin if someone is up to moderating? Unless the lack of bold tag and the associated prestige turns you off
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:15 pm

With you on all points.

Just figured I'd explain that my reaction was more toward the "prepare your anus" part and not the "we're now mods" part.
Its ok, anus talk is more than welcome here. :tongue:

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:18 pm

Unless the lack of bold tag and the associated prestige turns you off :lol:
It is annoying that new posters don't have a way to automatically know that I'm better than them, but it's not like it takes more than one or two posts anyway so it's not a big deal.

I love the D...

Sasky
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sasky » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:21 pm

I think we need content more than moderators. Those sections are as empty as someone's dick after finally giving up and jerking off from holding back after 6 months of the ham challenge.

Anyway, congrats to the new mods :love2:

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:31 pm

I think we need content more than moderators. Those sections are as empty as someone's dick after finally giving up and jerking off from holding back after 6 months of the ham challenge.

Anyway, congrats to the new mods :love2:
I can only write so fast! :frown: Having a real people job sucks.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:32 pm

Real people jobs are for the plebs, not royalty like yourself, my liege.

I love the D...

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Little known fact: I'm actually the literal definition of a plebeian.

Colonel Nohman
Newcomer

Postby Colonel Nohman » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:49 pm

Have you ever considered a mostly mono red deck with a splash of black for Falkenrath Aristo and SB options? I've been playing with that and it's pretty solid.
That's what I'm rolling with too and I enjoy it.

So... what's the big secret guys?
If you're interested, here's my list:

[deck]
4 Blood Crypt
1 Cavern of Souls
4 Dragonskull Summit
12 Mountain

4 Ash Zealot
4 Boros Reckoner
4 Burning-Tree Emissary
4 Falkenrath Aristocrat
3 Firefist Striker
4 Lightning Mauler
4 Rakdos Cackler
4 Stromkirk Noble

2 Blasphemous Act
Brimstone Volley
4 Searing Spear

Sideboard
3 Duress
2 Mark of Mutiny
3 Mizzium Mortars
2 Pillar of Flame
2 Pyreheart Wolf
1 Tormod's Crypt
2 Tragic Slip
[/deck]
(Thanks to Sioux for the awesome signature)

Current decks:

Vintage: Megrim
Legacy: B/W Control
Standard: Wolf Run Bant 2.0
Modern: Jund Midrange

LP, of the Fires
Tire Aficionado

Postby LP, of the Fires » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm playing 24 land dos rakis with KoI, 2 Hellkites, 2 mortars and everything else very standard stuff.
You gotta understand, I love the beatdown. I really do. I always have.

Beatdown is hard, though.

Patrick chapin

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:56 pm

Grazie to the fine redmages who got their invisible mod tags this afternoon. :3

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:57 pm

Yup. That happened twice before I was like "Nope. Not worth it. Slap yo'self, bitch."
:rofl:

Return to “Fires of Salvation”