Red Devotion for FNM

Threads from Standard formats since passed.

Moderators: Kaitscralt, zemanjaski, Christen

Toblakai
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Red Devotion for FNM

Postby Toblakai » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:03 am

That new Phoenix has me wanted to try a red devotion strategy with Ferocious triggers in Fanatic of Mogis, Ashcloud, Stormbreath and Sarkhan.

[deck]Red Devotion[/deck]

Generator Servant seems like a cute little play into something bigger. Dragon Mantle is there to boost devotion and help out Flamespeaker, though I think maybe Stoke the Flames would be a better choice here. I could also revamp this and add Firedrinker Satyr, work in 4 of the new Phoenix and move Purphoros to the main...

windstrider
Knight in Sour Armor
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby windstrider » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:51 pm

With the new toys from DtK, another look at Red Devotion is warranted.

[deck]
Lands 25
23 Mountains
2 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx

Creatures 25
4 Lightning Berserker
4 Eidolon of the Great Revel
4 Dragon Whisperer
4 Flamewake Phoenix
4 Thunderbreak Regent
1 Purphoros, God of the Forge
2 Fanatic of Mogis
2 Stormbreath Dragon

Spells/Artifacts 10
2 Wild Slash
4 Lightning Strike
2 Crater's Claws
2 Hammer of Purphoros
[/deck]

The obvious additions from Dtk include Lightning Berserker since it can dash and be pumped, Dragon Whisperer for the double red and all of its modes seem relevant here, and Thunderbreak Regent since targeting it or Stormbreath with anything is going to hurt the opponent, and it synergizes nicely with Eidolon. I want to fit a Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker in there, but it's kinda crowded on the high end of things already. It's more spell-heavy than some other lists since I wanted more interaction mixed in. That may be incorrect, but it's what I feel comfortable with at the moment.

No sideboard yet since this is just off the top of my head (or out of my ass if you're less charitable :tongue: ), but I'd imagine some combination of Roasts, Chandra, Pyromaster, and mini-Zurgos in there.
Searing Seneschal of Salvation

Cogito, ergo incendo.

sig by NBW

Return to “Archives”