Ferocious Temur

Threads from Standard formats since passed.

Moderators: Kaitscralt, zemanjaski, Christen

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Ferocious Temur

Postby Valdarith » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:03 pm

I've been testing a Temur list on MODO and have come to a configuration I like a lot. It also happens to be relatively inexpensive (inb4 budgcaj).

[deck]
Creatures (25)
4 Satyr Wayfinder
4 Heir of the Wilds
3 Frost Walker
4 Flamewake Phoenix
4 Savage Knuckleblade
2 Boon Satyr
4 Hooting Mandrills

Spells (12)
3 Stubborn Denial
3 Crater's Claws
4 Commune with the Gods
2 Treasure Cruise

Lands (23)
4 Frontier Bivouac
4 Wooded Foothills
3 Temple of Mystery
2 Temple of Abandon
3 Yavimaya Coast
2 Shivan Reef
3 Forest
2 Mountain

Sideboard (15)
1 Stubborn Denial
2 Magma Spray
2 Disdainful Stroke
4 Force Away
2 Barrage of Boulders
3 Reclamation Sage
1 Treasure Cruise
[/deck]

The deck does some pretty powerful things like turn two Commune pitching a Phoenix, then turn three Hooting Mandrils and bringing Phoenix back. Hooting Mandrils enables a lot of similar tempo plays that can quickly outpace the opponent. Playing a turn two Frost Walker into a third turn Commune + Hooting Mandrils is similarly backbreaking.

I'm still playing around with the list to get the best 60. I've played with Temur Charm and it won me a couple of games but otherwise was boarded out a lot, so I committed to Barrage of Boulders in the board instead. Force Away postboard against Heroic is nearly unbeatable and it's also decent against Green devotion since you can bounce their guys in response to monstrosity activations for big tempo swings (and you'll almost always get to loot since GR has such little removal). I'm not sure if the list wants Hornet Nest or not. Seems hard to RW aggro to beat outside of Chained to the Rocks, but I have yet to even play against that deck.

In the interest of full disclosure, I got the inspiration from this list that went 3-1 in a recent daily:

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/st ... 212#online
Check out my stream! http://www.twitch.tv/valdarith

Return to “Archives”