Suggestion Box [Make Forum Awesome]

Threads from Standard formats since passed.

Moderators: Kaitscralt, zemanjaski, Christen

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Suggestion Box [Make Forum Awesome]

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Please collaborate here to figure out how we want to break up the Standard sub-forums. I'm not opposed to a copy of Salvation if we can hammer out the problems, but there won't be any taskmaster modding here, for better or worst. We'll find a way to keep stuff where it needs to be without all the absurdity. Anyways, any ideas on a layout are welcome. The decks and stuff can come on their own, this is more for a forum skeleton.
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Honestly, I was a fan of how the Standard mod team handled things. They basically let the members regulate themselves and only stepped in when they were actually needed. So that attitude would be a nice carry-over.

Besides that, I also like the Proven and Developing sections for, respectively, proven deck list and discussion and developing deck lists and discussion.

Add a general area where we can talk about cards in the meta that are not linked to a specific deck and other general discussion and I think that's about all we need.
Originally posted by Dechs Kaison on MTGS
redthirst is redthirst, fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was the leader of the Fires of Salvation, the only clan I'm aware of to get modded off the forums so hard they made their own forums.

Degenerate? Sure. Loudmouth? You bet. Law abiding? No ****ing way.

Great guy to have around? Hell yes.
I love the D...

Dodger

Postby Dodger » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:14 am

A regular standard forum where you can talk about all things standard would be nice. We probably don't need to farm out a bunch of different sub boards for the time being.

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Fri May 03, 2013 12:48 am

Add a general area where we can talk about cards in the meta that are not linked to a specific deck and other general discussion and I think that's about all we need.
You're already posting in it right now, baby.

There's not a lot here so it doesn't look much like MTGS' main forum, but this is it. Once there's more threads it'll stretch out and resemble MTGS very closely.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Fri May 03, 2013 3:22 pm

There's not a lot here so it doesn't look much like MTGS' main forum, but this is it. Once there's more threads it'll stretch out and resemble MTGS very closely.
I actually didn't realize that...

Okay then, well how about we change the forum name from shitty Island to awesome Mountain? An awesome forum starts with an awesome name.
redthirst is redthirst, fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was the leader of the Fires of Salvation, the only clan I'm aware of to get modded off the forums so hard they made their own forums.

I love the D...

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri May 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Island is the strongest basic and the most popular, it's definitely going to be staying. Sorry red mages!
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Fri May 03, 2013 6:51 pm

I actually didn't realize that...

Okay
then, well how about we change the forum name from shitty Island to awesome Mountain? An awesome forum starts with an awesome name.
:yes:
That would be favoritism! :(

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Fri May 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Favoritism is fine as long as it's done safely.

I love the D...

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:42 am

I'd just like to say, in a general kind of way, that I appreciate what's going on here. I know I don't post much, but I do read practically every post in here and just kind of generally osmose the overarching points that are being made, the attitude if you like. I don't mean to imply that you should be doing it, but I have high hopes that eventually the Wmwi format will catch on for Standard and the other formats, because it's helpful and very fun to read. Overall, you've made me a better player, and I thank you for that.

Return to “Archives”