Open Site Blathering (formerly Advice from iridium ITT)

*memories*

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R )

ExarionUniverse1
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby ExarionUniverse1 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:36 pm

You realize you're basically doing the same thing as Sene right now right?

Like if it bothers you why are you here, reading this thread...

Trying to help you guys realize ..

and I can leave if that's what the user base wants.

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:38 pm

Badman , I respect you

ಠ_ರೃ

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:39 pm

Baguy earned his first respect that day
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:42 pm

I dont think anyone is saying leave, i think we are saying 'dude chill we are poking fun at these things. its the way of the gutter.'

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:46 pm

The site no. But maybe you should leave this thread because youre rather off base and sorta uninformed.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:59 pm

I cannot help to wonder where is the cultural barrier? And I don't mean your home country, Onar, by all means. The Gutter has people from all around the world, and we all get along fine, and get our humor. People think that the Razzies are about us being internet mad or holding a grudge. Some people are seriously paranoid about our quips in the mini-chat about forum raids. Why? Why don't you get that it's a frigging joke? Why can't some people laugh at themselves? Do you seriously think I would be concerned about a joke that Super awesome dude who gets a ton of bitches everyday made about bondage today? It's all tongue in cheek.

So no, Onar, no one wants you to leave. Our community's goal is to be open. Our site is not the Gutter, beause we know that the Gutter is not for everyone. So just chill, have a good time, post about magic, video games, music you're listening to. It would be so rich to have the latest hits
from your side of the world in our Music forum. Having you here can only make this site better, and that is true for anyone who wants to join.
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Does this mean that Operation Zero Hour is no longer a go?

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:17 pm

Cut down the tall hedges!

FaheyUSMC
Rancor'd to Hell and Back

Postby FaheyUSMC » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Alara,

I think this is just the period where everyone who feels insulted and slighted by Sally gets to vent. It's not that the forums aren't legitimate, it's right now the userbase is people from Sally who have been forced to accept that the staff are incompetent and don't care about us.

In about a week or two, you'll see these threads disappear, or find themselves in another folder dedicated to closed threads and folders.

FaheyUSMC

Postby FaheyUSMC » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Also, I copy-pasta'd that shit form the direct conversation.

And Yanni, I will fucking come up to Maine and burn down the entire state to smoke you out, fucker. :P (I used to live in Bath)

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:59 pm

I cannot help to wonder where is the cultural barrier? And I don't mean your home country, Onar, by all means. The Gutter has people from all around the world, and we all get along fine, and get our humor. People think that the Razzies are about us being internet mad or holding a grudge. Some people are seriously paranoid about our quips in the mini-chat about forum raids. Why? Why don't you get that it's a frigging joke? Why can't some people laugh at themselves? Do you seriously think I would be concerned about a joke that Super awesome dude who gets a ton of bitches everyday made about bondage today? It's all tongue in cheek.

So no, Onar, no one wants you to leave. Our community's goal is to be open. Our site is not the Gutter, beause we know that the
Gutter is not for everyone. So just chill, have a good time, post about magic, video games, music you're listening to. It would be so rich to have the latest hits from your side of the world in our Music forum. Having you here can only make this site better, and that is true for anyone who wants to join.
:hug:
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

poggydude

Postby poggydude » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:01 pm

hey guys i heard yanni lives in new york, err maine

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:33 pm

Awesome another reason to go up and get me some lobsters
I just shit post and get blocked on the twatters

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:37 pm

That makes him 1 of 1,328,188. How can you make such a direct threat?

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:09 pm

Shut.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:09 pm

Down.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:10 pm

EVERYTHING.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:23 pm

internet harassment :crazy:

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:23 pm

my kids, my kids! what will be come of my kids!
:crazy:

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:32 pm

They'll be raised wrong and sent out as a neckbeard into a redneck world.

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:35 am

my kids, my kids! what will be come of my kids!
:crazy:
They shall feed the strong
I just shit post and get blocked on the twatters

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:16 am

the virgin milfs will raise them well

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:44 am

Closure for the Gutter?

Smashbard
Newcomer

Postby Smashbard » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:42 am

New York, Maine, they all need to go back to Africa where they came from and stop taking our jawbs with their greasy chinese food.

FaheyUSMC

Postby FaheyUSMC » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:40 am

Let us consider, for a moment, that the following scenarios have required a shitstorm in order to be resolved. Keep in mind, I'm not saying "shitstorm" as in "Drama", but required threadnaughts in order to get any results.

1.) The Ria fiasco. I will point to this as one of the key defining points that led to the CI drama we are seeing to this day. Ria and the userbase had problems. Other staff had problems with Ria. People tried to - apparently - take care of this and point out the issues they had in private with other staff, and I'm assuming there was a lot of talk about it in the Mod Lounge. However, nothing was being done, so we have a regular user creating a thread about it, detailing the problems they and others have had with Ria.

2.) WCT rules. Another great moment in CI drama. Moderators come in and say, "We're changing the rules, go
fuck yourselves." Try to spin it any way you like, but that is the gist of it. When a lot of long-time members to the site came in and said, "Whoa wait a minute, why?", the response was an overwhelming, "Well, we had people come to us in confidence and say they didn't feel welcome." There was also the, "We're the mods, you aren't. If you have issues with it, take it up with the admins, but they have our back." Now, the appointment of Teia Rabishu to the staff ruffled feathers. I know that I was pretty much unwilling to go into WCT, especially after the bullshit infraction Teia gave me. But to tell the community our opinion doesn't matter because we are either a "vocal minority" or because we are a differing opinion? Really? The only reason anyone took notice was because people who normally didn't give two shits about CI drama started posting in there. It was then that the staff really took a look at it, because there was no hiding it. And even then
the staff pretty much said, "If you have no solutions, shut up." The problem was, we had solutions. They were ignored to begin with.

3.) The gutter and bannings. I'm going to come right out and say this: this was your moment, as staff, to shine. You had an opportunity to come in and say, "We need to talk about something." You had the ability to give us the facts, and instead you lied to us. ExpiredRascals lied to us, and you all supported him. You even came out in a response and said, "Yeah, the OP was a lie", Nai. You guys told us this was a lie, and then people started asking what the fuck was going on. GR decides to step away from the party line. "I said this would happen when you were caught, and you wouldn't listen." And here we are, Nai. We are here, with a member of the staff now demoted because ExpiredRascals is a slimy sack of shit, and he's unworthy of being an admin. What are the odds that we are going to see, "GR was the leak all
along" pop up in a thread, with "concrete evidence" supporting the claim that we will never see?

I already have my information on what is going down. I am in contact with Curse. I am in contact with staff at Sally. I get both sides, I make judgments based on the evidence presented.

You guys aren't running Sally effectively. Since when does a fucking moderator get to tell an admin that they can't be held accountable for their actions? You had the opportunity to show people you were going to pay attention to moderators, and you were told by the moderators to fuck off. No, fuck that, you kick those whiny shits and you start from scratch. You wear the pants in the family, not them.

And I am going to take this opportunity to address a PM you sent me concerning our summit:
Yeah, it's been a month. And the only reason it hasn't moved forwards is that other things have been coming up and distracting us. In my case, real life.

I'm happy
to do it. But at this point, most of the people who care have moved on or been banned. But eh.
Ah, so it's not going to happen because you've already banned the people who would care? Seriously? Wow, Nai. Just fucking wow.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:48 am

Well, for my part I can at least confirm that G_R was not the totality of the leak, since I received yet another shiny new email after he stepped down (it was about Ria, I'll say no more).
Not like it matters anymore, but there ya go.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:07 pm

As it is public knowledge, I received leaks that had to come from the Global/Admin lounge since the info about Meggido spying on people offsite was not known to regular mods. I knew they would eventually scapegoat G_R for being staff on this site, and I warned him about this when he chose to come onboard. I am happy he still did join us, because whoever has GR on their team is lucky to have a good man onboard. Truth be said, the fact that GR kept his integrity and held no punches when it was time to point out what was wrong with some staff actions must have played into his demotion too. The CoC drafted by rianalnn still has that "united front" bullcrap that disgusted me enough into resigning from WCT mod at the time, and judging from what I read from the mod lounge leaks I got ahold, he was skirting with the line drafted by rianalnn, hence making him liable for CoC breaches, because he had the regular Wopalongs, Senoris
and Promatims hounding him in the lounge everytime he pointed out things could be handled differently.

I think the staff at MTGS is blinded with obsession about finding the leaks, because they think it undermines their authority or something, without pausing for thinking for a second that if they did their job correctly, there wouldn't be anything worth to leak. But I'm betting you that Meggido is still going to go full John Rambo in his search for purification of the mod lounge, and it will possibly be a full blown game of mafia for a while with some possible lynchings in order to see if nightkills (leaked information) stop.

:munch: Oh well, I'd just like to ask again, where are our sql dumps?
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Remember Scumbag, zeal - not logic - is the sign of truth.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:39 pm

misclick, tell nai i said hi i guess.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:48 pm

Leaks

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Forums are life and leaks are the grim reaper

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:52 pm

The grim leaker

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Let us consider, for a moment, that the following scenarios have required a shitstorm in order to be resolved. Keep in mind, I'm not saying "shitstorm" as in "Drama", but required threadnaughts in order to get any results.

1.) The Ria fiasco. I will point to this as one of the key defining points that led to the CI drama we are seeing to this day. Ria and the userbase had problems. Other staff had problems with Ria. People tried to - apparently - take care of this and point out the issues they had in private with other staff, and I'm assuming there was a lot of talk about it in the Mod Lounge. However, nothing was being done, so we have a regular user creating a thread about it,
detailing the problems they and others have had with Ria.

2.) WCT rules. Another great moment in CI drama. Moderators come in and say, "We're changing the rules, go fuck yourselves." Try to spin it any way you like, but that is the gist of it. When a lot of long-time members to the site came in and said, "Whoa wait a minute, why?", the response was an overwhelming, "Well, we had people come to us in confidence and say they didn't feel welcome." There was also the, "We're the mods, you aren't. If you have issues with it, take it up with the admins, but they have our back." Now, the appointment of Teia Rabishu to the staff ruffled feathers. I know that I was pretty much unwilling to go into WCT, especially after the bullshit infraction Teia gave me. But to tell the community our opinion doesn't matter because we are either a "vocal minority" or because we are a differing opinion? Really? The only reason anyone took notice was because people
who normally didn't give two shits about CI drama started posting in there. It was then that the staff really took a look at it, because there was no hiding it. And even then the staff pretty much said, "If you have no solutions, shut up." The problem was, we had solutions. They were ignored to begin with.

3.) The gutter and bannings. I'm going to come right out and say this: this was your moment, as staff, to shine. You had an opportunity to come in and say, "We need to talk about something." You had the ability to give us the facts, and instead you lied to us. ExpiredRascals lied to us, and you all supported him. You even came out in a response and said, "Yeah, the OP was a lie", Nai. You guys told us this was a lie, and then people started asking what the fuck was going on. GR decides to step away from the party line. "I said this would happen when you were caught, and you wouldn't listen." And here we are, Nai. We are here, with a member of the
staff now demoted because ExpiredRascals is a slimy sack of shit, and he's unworthy of being an admin. What are the odds that we are going to see, "GR was the leak all along" pop up in a thread, with "concrete evidence" supporting the claim that we will never see?

I already have my information on what is going down. I am in contact with Curse. I am in contact with staff at Sally. I get both sides, I make judgments based on the evidence presented.

You guys aren't running Sally effectively. Since when does a fucking moderator get to tell an admin that they can't be held accountable for their actions? You had the opportunity to show people you were going to pay attention to moderators, and you were told by the moderators to fuck off. No, fuck that, you kick those whiny shits and you start from scratch. You wear the pants in the family, not them.

And I am going to take this opportunity to address a PM you sent me concerning our summit:

[quote:
1qygyq88]Yeah, it's been a month. And the only reason it hasn't moved forwards is that other things have been coming up and distracting us. In my case, real life.

I'm happy to do it. But at this point, most of the people who care have moved on or been banned. But eh.
Ah, so it's not going to happen because you've already banned the people who would care? Seriously? Wow, Nai. Just fucking wow.[/quote]

This is pretty spoton and you should probably post it in the staff inbox since i think the mtgstaff is done trolling us here.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:28 pm

Remember when I was in the called and got frequent leaks from Rianalln? Good times...

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:22 pm

....................... Well this is still a load of cloak-and-daggery. lies and scapegoating.

Goodbye MTG Salvation :smiledown:

Hello MTG Community :smileup:

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:32 pm

1.) The Ria fiasco. I will point to this as one of the key defining points that led to the CI drama we are seeing to this day. Ria and the userbase had problems. Other staff had problems with Ria. People tried to - apparently - take care of this and point out the issues they had in private with other staff, and I'm assuming there was a lot of talk about it in the Mod Lounge. However, nothing was being done, so we have a regular user creating a thread about it, detailing the
problems they and others have had with Ria.

2.) WCT rules. Another great moment in CI drama. Moderators come in and say, "We're changing the rules, go fuck yourselves." Try to spin it any way you like, but that is the gist of it. When a lot of long-time members to the site came in and said, "Whoa wait a minute, why?", the response was an overwhelming, "Well, we had people come to us in confidence and say they didn't feel welcome." There was also the, "We're the mods, you aren't. If you have issues with it, take it up with the admins, but they have our back." Now, the appointment of Teia Rabishu to the staff ruffled feathers. I know that I was pretty much unwilling to go into WCT, especially after the bullshit infraction Teia gave me. But to tell the community our opinion doesn't matter because we are either a "vocal minority" or because we are a differing opinion? Really? The only reason anyone took notice was because people who normally
didn't give two shits about CI drama started posting in there. It was then that the staff really took a look at it, because there was no hiding it. And even then the staff pretty much said, "If you have no solutions, shut up." The problem was, we had solutions. They were ignored to begin with.

3.) The gutter and bannings. I'm going to come right out and say this: this was your moment, as staff, to shine. You had an opportunity to come in and say, "We need to talk about something." You had the ability to give us the facts, and instead you lied to us. ExpiredRascals lied to us, and you all supported him. You even came out in a response and said, "Yeah, the OP was a lie", Nai. You guys told us this was a lie, and then people started asking what the fuck was going on. GR decides to step away from the party line. "I said this would happen when you were caught, and you wouldn't listen." And here we are, Nai. We are here, with a member of the staff now
demoted because ExpiredRascals is a slimy sack of shit, and he's unworthy of being an admin. What are the odds that we are going to see, "GR was the leak all along" pop up in a thread, with "concrete evidence" supporting the claim that we will never see?

Yeah,
it's been a month. And the only reason it hasn't moved forwards is that other things have been coming up and distracting us. In my case, real life.

I'm happy to do it. But at this point, most of the people who care have moved on or been banned. But eh.
Ah, so it's not going to happen because you've already banned the people who would care? Seriously? Wow, Nai. Just fucking wow.
thank you for this post.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:45 pm

So let me get this straight before leaving this thread G_R has basically been used as a scapegoat ?

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:00 pm

You don't think G_R was leaking information, Blackhound?

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:11 pm

I had Nai's blessing to"leak" what I said to Kijin. When that transpired, I guess I had to go to avoid ML awkwardness. :shrug:
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:23 pm

GR has had plenty of opportunity to leak information and always made us use the MOd Lounge gimmick instead, now I guess he has to use the Mod Lounge gimmick as well, which serves him right after being such a stickler

Return to “Blathering Archives”