Open Site Blathering (formerly Advice from iridium ITT)

*memories*

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R )

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Pendulum » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 pm

I had Nai's blessing to"leak" what I said to Kijin. When that transpired, I guess I had to go to avoid ML awkwardness. :shrug:
What I'm not getting is why you stuck around afterwards anyway.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:41 pm

You mean on staff?

Well, if I learned anything from my resignation back in June is that having ML access is best to fight the good fight. Mods that never post in CI but are active in the lounge can be engaged, their misguided ideas can be debated, and a bigger impact can be made to sway opinions of non-prejudiced people. Also, I'm power mad like that and infracting and suspending people gives me great pleasure. :tinyteach:
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Our guest tonight is another Sally mod. They're so intent for us to return to Sally and parley when they could just register and do that here (though they likely won't - without authority here, they are internet distraught).

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:21 am

Oh, oh! Which one?!
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:27 am

hey guest, ya reading this?

dont be a guest.

register and be known.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:49 am

Just registered the user MTGCommunity on MTGS and sent a PM to all 4 admins requesting gutter-staff trolling chamber access.

lets see how it goes :P
Answer from Galspanic:
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
4 requests is good ;)
We'll talk about it and let you know as soon as possible.
Requesting access to Gutter-Staff pegging chamber.

Thank You
You have been banned for violating our forum rules. If you would like to appeal this ban, please create a thread here.
Please make sure to read the forum rules before you start posting.

Dear
MTGCommunity,

You have received a warning. Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

Reason: Gimmick of ( N_S ).
-------
Gimmick of ( N_S ).
-------
lol
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:00 am

I imagine this is they way iridium let you know about the outcome of your request to participate in a discussion in a place they are requesting for former gutter members opinions :shrug:

Classy, as usual!
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:02 am

Though they didn't even had the balls to list it in the banned members thread. Classy too! :)

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:02 am

Your 2012 MTGS Administration people!

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:03 am

You mean on staff?

Well, if I learned anything from my resignation back in June is that having ML access is best to fight the good fight. Mods that never post in CI but are active in the lounge can be engaged, their misguided ideas can be debated, and a bigger impact can be made to sway opinions of non-prejudiced people.
...and how'd that work out for ya?

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:05 am

Users browsing this forum: admin and 2 guests

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:06 am

Must be some classy guests I imagine!

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:22 am

You mean on staff?

Well, if I learned anything from my resignation back in June is that having ML access is best to fight the good fight. Mods that never post in CI but are active in the lounge can be engaged, their misguided ideas can be debated, and a bigger impact can be made to sway opinions of non-prejudiced people.
I was working wonders until they banned kpaca, and I stopped giving fucks about changing the minds of some people. Also when I realized that some guys that I thought were more open-minded started
confirming what other Gutter members had told me all along. So after that I just pointed out stuff I believed they were doing wrong. I still tried to give them some advice on how to better run their forum and improve the relationship with their userbase, but instead of listening they worsened the issues that I had pointed out by making another forum with a disgusting skin instead of posting in the almost defunct ExtendEasy, for example.

TBH, I would have loved to stay on staff, but mainly because how useful the ModCP was between both forums (at the time of my demotion I was behind the lead of a gimmick who may or may not be a mod, and may or may not be related to leaks, but I didn't have the time to confirm anything, so I got nothing :iiam: ).

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:30 am

lol classy sally

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:54 am

for now on, any guests i see, i'm inviting them to register

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:15 pm

You mean on staff?

Bruh what is your point?

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Congrats Sene.
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:02 pm

You mean on staff?

Bruh what is your point?[/
quote]
It mostly already got resolved, but I was confused as to how a person working behind the scenes could hope to have an impact on the forums at large while everyone else was making it their explicit mission to do the opposite. I also was led to believe in some half-truths that painted G_R's efforts in a much different light than what he was saying here, but that's what I get for trusting anybody, I guess. :-/

Seriously, does no one else on the entire friggin' internet know the phrase "you don't shit where you eat"!? <-not directed at anyone in particular

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:12 pm

No we understand it, we just cant cut through all your doublespeak to understand what you mean by it.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:26 pm

Malicious leaks. S'all

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:31 pm

I'm honestly not trying to hide anything, it's just that everything's pretty chaotic and it's difficult to engage in direct conversation. I realize now that I was mislead, and I apologize.

Sene

Postby Sene » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:39 pm

Aight, decided to expand on my abrasive "OP".

It wasn't meant as a troll/flame/something, blunt as it was. It was actually meant as honest advice (so the thread title is accurate, heh). When Azrael told about this site and its goals, I was happy and hoped it'd succeed. I checked it out, and impressed by the work you had done, I made an account with a fake name/IP to post something encouraging (Yasuyuki or something is the account name), because I was afraid you'd all think I was trolling or something if I posted with my real username. Also, since many of you don't exactly think too highly of me, I figured posting could make noise/drama, so bad idea.

Why did I want your site to succeed? Primarily because of two things:
1) I thought the events with the Gutter were atrocious and I wish they had never happened. But at least this forum lets you preserve the community, which is obviously the
most important thing. So it's good.
2) Competition is great. If you guys manage to do well and be a competition to Sally, that's going to be a really useful learning experience for both forums, I think. We've done it our way for years. If you're able to do well doing things differently than us, that could be a real eye-opener, etc.

So when I browsed the forum last week and saw that all the most active threads (at least so it seemed) + the chat were all focused on Sally-bashing in various ways, I guess I was just pretty disappointed, because it's really the last thing you want to be doing with your forum, I think. Some venting I can definitely understand, but you can't let it become the focal point, at least not if you want to stay true to your goals and evolve to something that's not just "Gutter on a new site". And obviously what I'd prefer is that our two sites (not to claim any ownership of Sally, just affiliation) could try to have a cooperative relationship, or at worst be entirely
separate. What we don't want is "open war" (ridiculous hyperbole beware), which is kinda where we are now. That's only going to be harmful for both sites.

I'm going to be as broad & general as that, and not really dip into the specifics. I know that we've messed up a bunch of times, I'd never deny that. You have as well. Now let's try to move on.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:49 pm

Someone correct me if im wrong, but I think the Sally bashing was allways going to happen after everything that has happend this year. As for moving on it looks like people are the past few days.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:18 pm

Like I told you guys in Mod Chat (?) the Razzies are just for fun and some venting, but that's it. They just happen to be hosted in this forum because people who need that venting or want that kind of fun happen to be members here. And we brought banners over MTGS because, well, the Razzies are about MTGS and those of us who remain unbanned thought it would be of interest to other MTGS members that weren't aware of this site and who would share that "funny bone" about the other forum. But that doesn't mean that this forum is all about trashing MTGS, or a "troll hub". That line of thought is what brought us here in the first place.

That's it. There's no war. I speak for myself, but I believe it to be others' sentiment when I say that there are no hard feelings. Being internet mad is something a lot of us have learned not to do, and are trying to teach to others. Like someone said, we don't want &
quot;iridium" as an entity here telling us how we should feel or how much we should cared about everything that has happened. Individual members of that group are more than welcome to contribute here as members. That is why Galspanic hasn't made an account, because he thinks he will be treated as some 1980s US ambassador in the former USSR, and if he comes here in "Official MTGS BSNS" he might, but that would depend on his tone. However, if he comes here to talk about EDH, or just chat with old acquaintances and friends, why wouldn't he be welcome?

I failed at bringing the fun back, so I took my fun elsewhere.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:23 pm

I also fail at grammar.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Sene, please find it within yourself to not follow up every admittance of wrongdoing with a passive aggressive jab or backhanded compliment. It sheds you in a bad light.

1) We have not messed up a bunch of times.

2) This is a new site and the only threads active are coincidentally about the stuff that brought said new site together. Seems like a natural chain of events to me. Not sure how you could expect anything else.

3) Don't say that open war is a ridiculous term if you actually think that's where we are. Because thinking that is ridiculous no matter what phrase you use. Us here at this site are just having a good time.

4) Could the MTGS administration please stop referring to the way they handled the Gutter as an atrocity? That is, unless you have an update on our unbannings? I figure they must be close to being reversed by now.

5) I like the new color scheme at Salvation.

Sene

Postby Sene » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:19 pm

@GR: That's what I want to hear. The thing with the "MTGS bashing", though, ill-intended or not, is that I think excessive venting both sets the tone for the forum + people you want to attract to the forum are likely to see it like I said in the OP (as pettiness & grudges).

@Madding:
1) Eh. Here's an issue I have with many of these discussions. You don't seem to see where you screwed up during all of this. For example, N_S' initial trolling spree that lead to basically all of this (talks about a ban -> we all decided against it, but it got leaked -> N_S posts about Curse in what we see as an act of retribution for infractions -> N_S gets banned); kpaca's posts about Curse in Pegs; Kijin's, badguys, Madding's threads about Curse; Shalako giving his gimmick to banned Gutter members; poggydude using Hard Gay to troll and spam; Yanni & Madding evading their suspensions. I
think that we could and should have acted differently when we had the knowledge that you guys sat on this information, for example, but you guys could also have tried to talk with us rather than "blowing up".

2) That's fair enough, and I understand venting. I actually don't really mind if you bash me behind my back as much as you feel like. But like I said, if you want to go beyond a "Gutter 2" and get a real site, you really gotta be about Magic the Gathering and not Magic the Gathering Salvation.

3) I don't think that's where we are. I just think there is hostility between the two sites, and that the leaks we have on staff are connected with this place. It's not actually that bad, as long as it's not used to hurt people - like rianalnn. That PM to him was really not nice. I don't know who was behind it, but if you're reading this and are an active user of this site, there's "having a good time" and then there's "having a good time
at others' expense".

4) I think all the bans were correct. Unbanning is a matter of leniency, not merit, in my opinion. I think there were a few things we handled poorly. But that doesn't necessarily excuse the actions taken.

5) I don't :/

And yeah, I guess I realize that these posts of mine here are pretty serious and lame. But eh, I'm just doing what I can to explain my side here. Take it or leave it, I suppose.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:20 pm

Congrats on the top four.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:22 pm

regarding number 1 on that list, you could argue they should not have done any of that, but im sure there are reasons as to why those people did.

Also regarding this PM sent to rianalnn, I agree it aint nice sending nasty stuff to him (if nasty is what it was) but then what do you expect from his time as admin ?

I mean forgive my sarcasm Sene has Ria become a mod lounge consultant to advice people on how to piss up a rope or on how to spot a master assassin in Newyork (amongst other things) Meanwhile Azreal (who was a great admin) does not even get a shot at becoming a member of staff again due to bullshit reasons.
Last edited by Blackhound on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Funny how you suggest "talk to us instead of blowing up". I keep saying that you should have "talked to us instead of blowing US up", so highfive I guess?

We were chilling and minding our business just fine back in early June's all I'm sayin'.

But peace man, water under the bridge.

Sene

Postby Sene » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:33 pm

@Madding: Thanks ^_^ I hope you get one, one of these days. Once again, I'd have given you the invite if I could...

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:35 pm

How do you consider something an atrocity but can suffer no repercussion for it simultaneously justifying repercussions against someone else for something that is fundamentally less harmful in retaliation for being acted upon with an atrocious act "as a matter of leniency, not merit"?

In this position, it appears you were very lenient on yourself (verbal apology months after the fact, complete ignorance and no admission of guilt during, repeated defensive response to clearly justifiable condemnation, active condemnation of those with negative criticism of those under your management and your management team), while borderline relentless to those who were -- by your own words -- wronged.

I'm not trying to play catch 22 or doublespeak you to death, I'm just trying to have a discussion we should have had months ago after everyone's stopped setting each other on fire.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:58 pm

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:03 pm

Oh yeh, banned users cant see them, they are basically all the big CI threads from this year I was directing at Sene.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:16 pm

I really wish you guys would stop telling us how wrong all this is and how bad you all feel.

Your actions are louder than your words sene, your words mean nothing.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:20 pm

1) Eh. Here's an issue I have with many of these discussions. You don't seem to see where you screwed up during all of this. For example, N_S' initial trolling spree that lead to basically all of this (talks about a ban -> we all decided against it, but it got leaked -> N_S posts about Curse in what we see as an act of retribution for infractions -> N_S gets banned); kpaca's posts about Curse in Pegs; Kijin's, badguys, Madding's threads about Curse; Shalako giving his gimmick to banned Gutter members; poggydude using Hard Gay to troll and spam; Yanni & Madding evading their suspensions. I think that we could and should have acted differently when we had the knowledge that you guys sat on this information, for example, but
you guys could also have tried to talk with us rather than "blowing up".
To just comment on the jabs at myself, I would just like to point out that if someone warns me I am about to be discretionary banned from MTGS while I sit at 0 infractions, and then I see infractions for "snark" and "sarcasm" by MTGS admin Sene suddenly rolling up on my inbox, you can be sure as hell that I am going to let my community know what really is up, and what they are looking at facing down the line, while I am on my way out. Just sayin' :shrug:

I have also pointed this out already, but the fact that you personally took the care to write that I was banned for "malicious actions gainst MTGS out of retribution" reflected very poorly on your actions too. You could have at the very least been a tad more graceful when showing me the way out. Yet you
decided to spite me a bit further and engage in this sad assassination of character exercise. Lets face it, you dropped the ball on this one too, since you know fairly well that "malicious actions" can mean everything (like for example plotting forum haxx0rs or making online threats ala Weaver/Korsakovia), and you purposedly left the interpretation of this at the whims of the people who brosed the banned thread.

I mean, not that I care, because its an awesome meme you created there, which has been an endless source of lulz and enjoyment, but less forgiving people might have actually been hurt at this. Don't you think? Or is it only rianalnn that has the right of getting his "internet feelings" hurt?

Not only this, once this site was up, you privately contacted people around here telling them not to be "brainwashed" about what I must be telling people about you like this site was just a clever ploy by the internet Mephistopheles into making them believe that iridium
Sene might not be the most upstanding guy of all times? I think you are blowing things out of proportion, which showed during our "interactions" at GP Lisbon. I think you are too internet mad at some stuff, and I definitely think you should obsess a wee bit less about me. Last guy to have obsessed so much about me was SoronTheBeast, don't be that guy. Really, I'm just some dude on the internet. As you say it in your CT, bring your fun back and cheer up, you come as always nervous and this can't be good for you.

On a lighter note to end this post: congrats again for your Top 4, you seemed a lot into the game for the feature match I saw of you (Are you always that nervous and focused?)

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 pm

I mean Sene, I'd like to make it clear that you don't have a "special" place in my heart. For me you are just the member of a morally corrupt administration, you lie at the same level than rianalnn, the lapdog, wopalong, arcadic, promatim, senori, teia, and some other guys. And accordingly I shouldn't have a "special" place in your heart past the other banned MTGS "troublemeakers". So forgive me while I "mourn" my 5 years of MTGS discussing these fuck'ups in a more lighter tone in our razzies votes. These posts might come in a harsh tone, but sincerely, I mean no one any ill will. I just feel very good about posting on a site where I am not continuously harassed. I'm having fun again, and that makes me happy :)
You don't need to comment on this, but a lot of these mod lounge posts are pretty funny (even
if inadvertently) and this can work as a de-facto watchdog tribunal (the one you guys shoot down against the will of 2/3 of the userbase). I'm hoping that discussing this in a more light-hearted setting will somehow help you guys come to terms that half of you shouldn't be in a managerial position. They’re just some posts from a restricted section of some forum on the internet, no biggie, so no point in blowing things out of proportion :shrug:

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:32 pm

chill out.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:57 pm

Here is 2 awsome posts that you sene and the rest of the staff should read incase you have not allready.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showpost ... stcount=61

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthre ... ost9238697

Both hit the nail on the head, I said earlier in this thread im sure your a cool guy, but as an admin/leader ? sorry no.

Return to “Blathering Archives”