Open Site Blathering (formerly Advice from iridium ITT)

*memories*

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R )

iamabadman
Defender of GRR
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby iamabadman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:21 pm

hey.

hey.

hey.

its cool.

i see a guest lurking.

why not register kind guest? no guests allowed, we are all family.

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:44 pm

May be family But the Oreos are mine.
I just shit post and get blocked on the twatters

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:05 am

dibs on the peanut butter cookies

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:51 am

At some point, someone is just going to have to let it go. Both "sides" think that they were right. No one is flinching. Let's all move on, can we?

Let's sit around the campfire, sing Kumbaya, puff-puff-pass, and all be friends again. Hein?
:sherlock:
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:57 am

At some point, someone is just going to have to let it go. Both "sides" think that they were right. No one is flinching. Let's all move on, can we?

Let's sit around the campfire, sing Kumbaya, puff-puff-pass, and all be friends again. Hein?
I think the morale of this whole thread can be summarized as:

If iridium member _____________ drops by to discuss the bannings at MTGS in the quality of staff member, he will understandably find much criticism from those who got kicked out
If iridium member _____________ drops by to discuss MTG stuff in the quality of user _____________ , we would be very happy to have his contributions around here, because it is good content that makes internet forums a good resource or not.

I mean I
don't mind arguing the merits of my actions and Sene's actions around here, because a frank and unabashed disussion is something that I always appreciate, but I would love if he also could share some of his knowledge about MTG around here if he feels up to it, maybe for exxample sharing his experiences at GP Lisbon, why he chose his Selesnya deck from his pool, and who were the hardest opponents, any play mistakes, etc...
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

poggydude

Postby poggydude » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:58 am

hey sene, i dont recall giving of an aura of not thinking i screwed up, i realize poggy should probably be banned, however you must MUST realize the toxic situation you have when you have DOUBLED the members at are banned in a years time. When you ban a long list of members all with >2k posts you really need some introspection. YOU ARE BANNING YOUR MOST DEDICATED MEMBERS!

I didnt want to be associated with your site anymore, a community i have enjoyed for the past half a decade. You should try to correct this. Hopefully when you guys clean up your act everyone can appeal and be unbanned and we'll all be better for it. Otherwise we'll be here growing our little corner of the internet and maybe we will simply just be rivals.

poggydude

Postby poggydude » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 am

If iridium member _____________ drops by to discuss the bannings at MTGS in the quality of staff member, he will understandably find much criticism from those who got kicked out
If iridium member _____________ drops by to discuss MTG stuff in the quality
of user _____________ , we would be very happy to have his contributions around here, because it is good content that makes internet forums a good resource or not.

I mean I don't mind arguing the merits of my actions and Sene's actions around here, because a frank and unabashed disussion is something that I always appreciate, but I would love if he also could share some of his knowledge about MTG around here if he feels up to it, maybe for exxample sharing his experiences at GP Lisbon, why he chose his Selesnya deck from his pool, and who were the hardest opponents, any play mistakes, etc...
also id love to hear your experience sene, i picked junk from my sealed pool(43rd at gp philly)and it felt
like mostly everyone was close to those colors for sealed.

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:04 am

also id love to hear your experience sene, i picked junk from my sealed pool(43rd at gp philly)and it felt

oh shit brah, when was this? i'd hung out with you in philly

poggydude

Postby poggydude » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:45 am

yeah, i kinda feel dumb not putting feelers out for this, you seem like youd make good company :)

you go to any stores in the area? im from central pa so i might make it out your way in the future, im definitely going to gp pittsburgh in the
spring

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:31 am

I think that we could and should have acted differently when we had the knowledge that you guys sat on this information, for example, but you guys could also have tried to talk with us rather than "blowing up".
And why was KP banned?

For Trying to talk to you.

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:10 pm

yeah, i kinda feel dumb not putting feelers out for this, you seem like youd make good company

you go to any stores in the area? im from central pa so i might make it out your way in the future, im definitely going to gp pittsburgh in the spring

im in jersey but gp philly was in center city right? thats a short ride on the speedline over, i used to do that for the prereleases

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:50 pm

I got banned for linking publicly to a publicly available link your internal leak (Nai) confirmed for me.

You should ban Nai before me. I wouldn't have been able to substantiate the public information if it weren't for him.

But the point is you should ban neither of us because your admittance was the whole debacle was an atrocity.

I accept that I broke the spirit of your law. Your own inability to uphold that law for your staff is the only reason I was put in that position in the first place, though.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:33 pm

I got banned for linking publicly to a publicly available link your internal leak (Nai) confirmed for me.

You should ban Nai before me. I wouldn't have been able to substantiate the public information if it weren't for him.

But the point is you should ban neither of us because your admittance was the whole debacle was an atrocity.

I accept that I broke the spirit of your law. Your own inability to uphold that law for your staff is the only reason I was put in that position in the first place, though.
No way those bannings were just!

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:44 pm

just completely full of shit
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:42 pm

I think that we could and should have acted differently when we had the knowledge that you guys sat on this information, for example, but you guys could also have tried to talk with us rather than "blowing up".
And why was KP banned?

For Trying to talk to you.

He has a point, I mean why was Kpaca banned for trying to talk to you about somthing in an area were everyone allready knew about the sale ? that makes no sense.

poggydude

Postby poggydude » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:44 pm

oh shit brah, when was this? i'd hung out with you in philly[/
quote]
yeah, i kinda feel dumb not putting feelers out for this, you seem like youd make good company :)

you go to any stores in the area? im from central pa so i might make it out your way in the future, im definitely going to gp pittsburgh in the spring

im in jersey but gp philly was in center city right? thats a short ride on the speedline over, i used to do that for the prereleases
what area of jersey, i know some players near that area (james higgenbottom and gage cane) i know gage better than higgenbottom

Sene

Postby Sene » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:05 pm

If iridium member _____________ drops by to discuss MTG stuff in the quality
of user _____________ , we would be very happy to have his contributions around here, because it is good content that makes internet forums a good resource or not.

I mean I don't mind arguing the merits of my actions and Sene's actions around here, because a frank and unabashed disussion is something that I always appreciate, but I would love if he also could share some of his knowledge about MTG around here if he feels up to it, maybe for exxample sharing his experiences at GP Lisbon, why he chose his Selesnya deck from his pool, and who were the hardest opponents, any play mistakes, etc...
:thumbsup:

I don't think we'll be able to agree about MTGS stuff yet, so I think we should simply drop that discussion dead at least for the time being. I don't mind trying to contribute with something completely unrelated to MTGS srsbsns. In fact, I'd much prefer that.

Sene

Postby Sene » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Also @ our "interactions" in GP Lisbon: I didn't know they existed. You saw me on Friday, but I didn't realize it was you - I didn't ignore you on purpose. In fact, I would have liked an opportunity to talk with you IRL, so since you recognized me, I wouldn't have minded a "hey, aren't you Sene", etc. Because just like I might have misinterpreted you guys as "internet mad heavily burdened by Ancient Grudges", I think you're pretty wrong if you think the same about me.

Anyway, that's where I'll leave this thread. If I post elsewhere around here, it'll not be about MTGS.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Sene I'd really like you to do a write up about your sealed pool or make a thread where we can ask questions about it. It looked pretty interesting.

maybe we could do some sort of Magic AMA for tournament top whatever-ers who have accounts here where users can ask them about their decks.

Sene

Postby Sene » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:21 pm

I don't have my sealed pool here (at the office atm), but I can do that tomorrow.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Go blank yourself Sene.

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:35 pm

also id love to hear your experience sene, i picked junk from my sealed pool(43rd
at gp philly)and it felt

what area of jersey, i know some players near that area (james higgenbottom and gage cane) i know gage better than higgenbottom

south nj, around camden, lindenwold, haddonfield, berlin area. i'm in pinehill.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:12 am

chill out.
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Advice for iridium ITT not trolling :B
I just shit post and get blocked on the twatters

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:18 pm

CHILL OUT
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:41 pm

Blip bloop.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:23 am

They should move my CI posts to a new thread and title it "Advice from MTGC Staff ITT" :p
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

FaheyUSMC
Rancor'd to Hell and Back

Postby FaheyUSMC » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:57 pm

They should move my CI posts to a new thread and title it "Advice from MTGC Staff ITT" :p
b& 4 trolololol

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Wait what did they ban you for?

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Who's banned? :iiam:
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:32 am

I think he means Demodded?

FaheyUSMC

Postby FaheyUSMC » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Hey there Fahey,

The staff has noticed that you tend to get rather aggressive and confrontational in your interactions with Teia, and that it seems to be on a personal level more than a professional level. You derail threads just to complain about Teia, and it's disruptive.

What we're seeing is something that amounts to a vendetta, and if it continues, you will no longer be a member of this community.

So what we'd like you to do is to contact an admin if you have a problem with Teia or another staff member, and explain your position. They'll listen. Do this instead of continuously criticizing Teia in various threads. It's more productive, less disruptive, and less offensive.

If you have any questions, please respond, or forward to an admin.

Thanks,
-Sene

FaheyUSMC

Postby FaheyUSMC » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:50 pm

My response:

The minute Teia can appear professional is the moment that I can stop calling her on her bullshit. Until then, let her run her mouth and make the staff look worse. I'm going to call her on her bullshit every time, whether the staff wants me to or not.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:05 pm

My response:

The minute Teia can appear professional is the moment that I can stop calling her on her bullshit. Until then, let her run her mouth and make the staff look worse. I'm going to call her on her bullshit every time, whether the staff wants me to or not.
If you just pm Sene back with that message then enjoy your ban.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:29 pm

List of Admins with bold tags who have just logged on to Salvation in the past hour.

Alexia
MentalPower
Telshin
Brentcopeland

All of these names work for curse.com.

Shall I send them a PM linking them to this website ?

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:58 pm

Why would you even ask that? If they want to find it, they certainly can.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:59 pm

Hey there Fahey,

The staff has noticed that you tend to get rather aggressive and confrontational in your interactions with Teia, and that it seems to be on a personal level more than a professional level. You derail threads just to complain about Teia, and it's disruptive.

What we're seeing is something that amounts to a vendetta, and if it continues, you will no longer be a member of this community.

So what we'd like you to do is to contact an admin if you have a problem with Teia or another staff member, and explain your position. They'll listen. Do this instead of continuously criticizing Teia in various threads. It's more productive, less disruptive, and less offensive.

If you have any questions, please respond, or forward to an admin.

nThanks,
-Sene
That is the biggest load of horse shit I have ever seen in my life.

Sene better watch out the next time we're on AIM together. I have so much to say to him.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:00 pm

I was thinking of linking them to "mod lounge post of the year" and asking them to explain there bullshit actions.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:09 pm