Open Site Blathering (formerly Advice from iridium ITT)

*memories*

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R )

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:39 am

Boubouille is an cute/affective french term meaning little bubble
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:49 am

Burbujita, que le dicen...
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:54 am

I'm going with Boub. Pronouncing it as "ow" between two b's.
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Iesus
Newcomer

Postby Iesus » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:32 am

Let the little gimmicks come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of Internet Forums belongs to such as these.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:56 am

yon gimmick is an outside cat

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:07 pm

I guess the no gimmick rule probably would effect me the most since my gimmick account has somewhat become my main account. It has around 300 posts and gutter access while my original account has like 2000 posts and no gutter access. For this reason it would be nice if I could keep both. I don't use them for evading anything or whatever since I've never even been suspended
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm sure the specifics of the rule would be something that Curse and MTGS admin figure out, since there are already site-wide gimmick rules in place. I wouldn't sweat it.

Boubouille
Newcomer

Postby Boubouille » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:36 am

Yeah I mean, if you already have access to the Gutter on one account, and we know you're the other one, it doesn't make sense to not try to work around it to keep you to just one account.

Also, sorry for the mini lack of updates in the past day or so, I have two Christmas coming up next week (yes.) and I'm moving to a new continent on the 26th. I'll try to get all that stuff wrapped up before, or at least get the ball seriously rolling.

And Bibi is fine, works in real life too at this point. :p

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:41 am

No rush man, its christmas! Youre already the fastest moving person to engage us in the last year!

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:10 am

From a former staff member to you Boubouille. How is the promotion and demotion of the current staff being handled. It seams like People are getting promotions left and right and feel its little excessive.
I just shit post and get blocked on the twatters

Boubouille
Newcomer

Postby Boubouille » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:22 am

I'm not promoting anyone or demoting anyone, I don't have enough knowledge of the team to weigh in on this and it's entirely up to the existing team so far.

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:07 am

You said that admins lied and admitted it, got more details on that?
I've been informed that I am being less then clear here.

I'm talking about the lie of omission that that happened during the Gutter Pegging Chamber when they stopped talking to us and then said they had changed their Mind about the Gutter being able to stay open.

I think that was the Final Straw for most of the Gutter being able to trust the Staff at all.

Thanks for all of the Effort you've put in. I'm going to see if I can Find the Gimmick I have because I can't remember the Name. When I do I'll post it ITT.

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:07 am

Search appears to be down considering I got this:Please specify some words or valid user names to search on. There were no matches for those that you specified.
Invalid specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

It's possibly one of these:

Aladdin Sane, The Thin White Duke, Jareth Goblinking, Edward William Barton-Wright, Mr. William Stanley Moore, William Cahill, Sydney Skukerman, De Gracy and Edward Dalton, Fritz the Talking Nazi Bear.

But All I remember is that it was named after an obscure old-timey man with a Black and White Photo as an Avatar.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:51 pm

I'd say depending on what Boubs can do for us, to put that on that back-burner for now, Saph.

ExarionUniverse1
Tire Aficionado

Postby ExarionUniverse1 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:42 pm

step by step Saph

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:47 pm

A wild Onar appears.

ExarionUniverse1
Tire Aficionado

Postby ExarionUniverse1 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:07 pm

A wild Onar appears.
and will appear day by day till the nonexistent end of the world..

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:02 pm

I'd say depending on what Boubs can do for us, to put that on that back-burner for now, Saph.
My question was more of a general question. That and to bring up a point of unstableness of the current staff. No ill intentions.

ExarionUniverse1
Tire Aficionado

Postby ExarionUniverse1 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:12 pm

My question was more of a general question. That and to bring up a point of unstableness of the current staff. No ill intentions.
I think they know that already..

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:24 pm

@Mogadishu Jones: If you guys want to compile list of usernames that needs to be reviewed, I'll go through it as soon as possible. If you want to send me a PM about it to not go all public about it, it's also fine, I'm sticking to this post for transparency purposes but I'm fine with whatever works for you. We're still reindexing the entire forums on the new search servers, will take a while but hey, we don't need a downtime for that.

@Col. Khaddafi: That's kind of my point, you don't know how the SQL DB of vB works. Asking for an export of posts like this is a giant pain, and still a huge privacy/security breach in my opinion. As for closing the Gutter, if my only plan was to close the Gutter I don't think I would be posting here to figure out what'
s going on. The situation has been frustrating on both sides, but if you want to work on a solution I'm up for it. That's about it.

@NoHomers: I don't know, it would most likely depend on the size of the bag. No, seriously, I'll also look into it, but it's literally day 1 for me to try to catch up on everything so give it a little more time.

On a sidenote, I'd like to point out that I appreciate people trying to work with me on this, it's kind of good to move forward.
I'm still reading the thread, so if I repeat anything, sorry.

But, here's what I'd like to see (as I recently said to Sene):

I'd like to see everything that's happened since Viperesque posted that the Gutter would be closed to be reversed. The upper staff's decision to close the Gutter with NO advance discussion with either the Gutter itself or the lower mods was what triggered EVERYTHING that's happened since then.

So, to be more clear, here's what I'd like to see:
(N_S) unbanned, NOT on
probation, and reinstated to Gutter Mod.
kpaca unbanned, NOT on probation, and reinstated to Gutter Mod
Kijin unbanned, NOT on probation, and reinstated to Gutter Mod
Madding unbanned and NOT on probation.
Yanni unbanned and NOT on probation.
Shalako unbanned and NOT on probation.
poggydude unbanned and NOT on probation.
GR reinstated to iridium, if he so chooses to be.

Now, to finish reading the thread.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanks Manders.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:58 pm

Thanks Manders.
Heh, that may be the first time you've ever thanked me.

No problem.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know I'm a bit late on these, but I have some things to say:
Like bouboille, im trying to save you a headache. Just ignore Yanni and probably Fahey as well itt.
You seem pretty upset.
Im done dealing with people who just want to incite drama. Go find that somewhere else please. Some of us have been at this near a year, and I for one would appreciate it if you would kindly take your crusader attacks on mtgstaff and Internet toughguy act elsewhere.

Thanks again.
You act like we incite drama, and yet...I can't help but notice that all you do is bitch, moan, and complain. Both RussianAlara and myself have reasons as to why we are even here. IT isn't because we want to incite drama. The reason we are here is because unlike you,we aren't interested in pointing out
every fucking flaw that's going on. I could point out how much of a bitch you are as a person, but given the fact that you seem to think you're never wrong, it's be fruitless.

The ones hindering this entire thing are you and people like you. How about you let people with a bit of diplomacy handle it. Maybe we'll even get your dumb ass back on Sally.
Coming into this thread with the attitude that you've had so far is completely unnecessary. Like, I seriously don't understand why you would come in here and threaten they guy who's offering to discuss with us. How is that going to help?
I must admit, the past month at Salvation has been a lot better than the previous months of shitfest.
Everything was going fine until the upper staff decided to close the Gutter without even giving them OR
the Vanilla mods at the time any advance notice. As a member of the staff at that time, I can tell you that we were having 0 problems from the Gutter, and it was nice.
Harkius I like you more when you're advocating shit eating. Sometimes lack of a filter makes a world of a difference. :thumbsup:
Seriously. Harkius, I don't know what changed with you since you came here, but I much prefer THIS Harkius. :smileup:
Warning:
Personal opinion ahead, no promise or anything, those are just my thoughts and I'm still bouncing ideas left and right with people.

Hai!

Daily update time. I got a big ass spreadsheet with most of the people involved in the drama, reasons of bans, etc, and I'm going through it whenever I have free time. I don't agree with how some of the things went down, and I'm pretty sure we can find a compromise pretty easily if everyone involved is willing to make an effort (both on the admin team side, and on your side).

Honestly right now we have two problems. The first one is that the whole situation has been going on forever, and it's now a pretty giant drama that no one can fully understand without referring to a bunch of notes and "okay what the hell happened back then?". The second one is that based on how things went down before, people got mad and said or did slightly stupid things but I don't think anything was really bad.

In a nutshell on my side:
  • I
    will need a few more days to get the opinion from the entire mod team before I do anything, I've been working mostly on admin level for now but I won't move without getting the feeling from the entire mod team on the situation.
  • I will probably offer a few changes on how rules work, and see what people think about it.
I honestly think that it would be fine to have most people come back as long as we're clear on a few things:
  • No more alt/gimmick account. (I know this is a grey area, I just want it written down somewhere for now)
  • No more account sharing.
  • We all somewhat figure out what the hell went wrong, agree on it, and decide we're done with it. If people are coming back just to be all hostile and stuff, it obviously won't work.
As an "outsider", I do think there's something to be fixed when people with a
couple thousand posts or people who were heavily involved in the site administration end up having to leave just because of giant disagreements that aren't really that bad when you look into them.

As for the Gutter, I already said I don't agree with the principle but I'm also not part of the community in the first place. I'm not opposed to keeping it open because it's ... "historically relevant" to the forums but we'll probably have to agree slightly on what is okay and not okay. Random forum to fuck around in a small group is fine as long as nothing really illegal or terrible happens. I'd still like to do it in two phases though, reintegrating people to the community would be the first step and we can talk about the Gutter a little further down the road. I'm fine keeping this forum as a point of contact, or even giving my IM details to a couple of people to have a real discussion about it.
All of this sounds fantastic.

Also, I'll tell you what I told Sene.
Knowing these guys as well as I do, if you DO decide to go back and reverse everything that happened since the Gutter closure thread, you will have no problems from anyone here. I really feel that all would be forgiven and we'd really just want to get back to being the Gutter/all our other MTGS stuff, such as Mafia, Clans, Outside Magic, etc. Everyone on this site was very active before all this happened. Hell, I have almost as many posts as kpaca, and I just joined in Sept 2009. :o

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:59 pm

Also, if there are things that Curse wants changed about the Gutter, we're all more than willing to discuss and most likely comply. Seriously, Pegging Chamber discussions were going really well until N_S got banned, and even longer to a degree.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:16 pm

While I agree that the people you listed should be unbanned, I cant see the rest of what you said happening tbh.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:46 pm

What, specifically, can you not see happening and why not?

Regardless...good thing it's not up to you, I suppose? :p

poggydude

Postby poggydude » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Hey Boubille, i greatly appreciate you taking the time to look at everyone's ban and i realize that is likely going to take a lot of effort on your part so i appreciate it.

If it isnt too much trouble could you potentially look into my ban as well? I am fully aware that I did wrong. I have no business leaving without punishment, but based on the insane infraction counts on those forums that active members "in good standing" posess i am utterly baffled why my discretions led to a ban and not a longer suspension. It seems strange.

Also i will note that my behavior could very easily had led to a ban on other, harsher, forums, but the current mtgs has typically been fairly lenient when it comes to bad behavior so if it would be possible to look at my situation through the lens of how people are dealt with on mtgsal i'd appreciate it.

thanks a bunch
poggy

FaheyUSMC
Rancor'd to Hell and Back

Postby FaheyUSMC » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:56 am

I'll be honest, I don't see them reinstating G_R to moderator status again. He ruffled quite a few feathers with his public....I don't want to say "bashing" but that's probably the best word - of the rules changes, and the drama that was going on. I mean, he pretty much said the admins advocated along with the majority of the moderators to actively lie not only to the Gutter but to the userbase as a whole, and that he was in the minority trying to give them some type of moral compass. ER maintains grudges. Three admins won't
be able to overrule him.

Maybe I was reading it wrong, but who knows?

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:07 am

I am not considered trustworthy. They also got tired of hearing the truth without sugarcoating I guess?

Also some of them can't stand this smiley: ^_^
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

FaheyUSMC

Postby FaheyUSMC » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:10 am

I am not considered trustworthy. They also got tired of hearing the truth without sugarcoating I guess?

Also some of them can't stand this smiley: ^_^
^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ --> ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ --> ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:12 am

I've noticed that a lot of people on Salvation get tweaked by :lol:

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:18 am

What's wrong with that smiley!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:20 am

Flashbacks of being bitten maybe

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:25 am

I'll be honest, I don't see them reinstating G_R to moderator status again. He ruffled quite a few feathers with his public....I don't want to say "bashing" but that's probably the best word - of the rules changes, and the drama that was going on. I mean, he pretty much said the admins advocated along with the majority of the moderators to actively lie not only
to the Gutter but to the userbase as a whole, and that he was in the minority trying to give them some type of moral compass. ER maintains grudges. Three admins won't be able to overrule him.

If they're going about this the way they always have, the decision won't be the admins' alone to make.

FaheyUSMC

Postby FaheyUSMC » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:51 am

I'll be honest, I don't see them reinstating G_R to moderator status again. He ruffled quite a few feathers with his public....I don't want to say "bashing" but that's probably the best word -
of the rules changes, and the drama that was going on. I mean, he pretty much said the admins advocated along with the majority of the moderators to actively lie not only to the Gutter but to the userbase as a whole, and that he was in the minority trying to give them some type of moral compass. ER maintains grudges. Three admins won't be able to overrule him.

If they're going about this the way they always have, the decision won't be the admins' alone to make.
ExpiredRascals simply does not care. Sorry, I have no faith in the ability of anyone to be able to overcome his idiocy. Please, prove me wrong. I don't mind being proven wrong, but I see the narcissistic side in his posting.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:13 am

This is why we are going through boubou ^_^

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:32 pm

happy festivus boub and everyone else reading this

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:03 pm

I'll be honest, I don't see them
reinstating G_R to moderator status again. He ruffled quite a few feathers with his public....I don't want to say "bashing" but that's probably the best word - of the rules changes, and the drama that was going on. I mean, he pretty much said the admins advocated along with the majority of the moderators to actively lie not only to the Gutter but to the userbase as a whole, and that he was in the minority trying to give them some type of moral compass. ER maintains grudges. Three admins won't be able to overrule him.

ExpiredRascals simply does not care. Sorry, I have no faith in the ability of anyone to be able to overcome his idiocy. Please, prove me wrong. I don't mind being proven wrong, but I see the narcissistic side in his posting.
At this point I have more faith in the talks
with people we can now consider higher

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Regardless...good thing it'
s not up to you, I suppose? :p
I'll be honest, I don't see them reinstating G_R to moderator status again. He ruffled quite a few feathers with his public....I don't want to say "bashing" but that's probably the best word - of the rules changes, and the drama that was going on. I mean, he pretty much said the admins advocated along with the majority of the moderators to actively lie not only to the Gutter but to the userbase as a whole, and that he was in the minority trying to give them some type of moral compass. ER maintains grudges. Three admins won't be able to overrule him.

ExpiredRascals simply does not care. Sorry, I have no faith in the ability of anyone to be able to overcome his idiocy.
Please, prove me wrong. I don't mind being proven wrong, but I see the narcissistic side in his posting.
At this point I have more faith in the talks with people we can now consider higher
This, but also, Fahey, I suppose I'll explain what I meant.

In the days of yore when I was a moderator, there came a time when the Admins and Globals decided to shut the Gutter down without informing THEIR OWN CO-WORKERS. There was SUCH a ruckus caused by the 'Nilla mods that, from then on, EVERY big decision was to be discussed and voted upon, and the winning side got their resolution.

MEANING that ER can vote "FUCK THOSE ASSHOLES" all he wants and it won't do a damn bit of good if the majority of the other staff disagree with him.

Now, are some of the mods going to disagree with ER? Yes, but some will not. SO it really depends on the 'Nilla mods.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:23 pm

IN OTHER WORDS ER is not nearly as powerful as many here think he is...though he is still a tool.

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:51 pm

IN OTHER WORDS ER is not nearly as powerful as many here think he is...though he is still a tool.
nobody here thinks he has any power

:shrug:

Return to “Blathering Archives”