Open Site Blathering (formerly Advice from iridium ITT)

*memories*

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R )

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Shalako » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:39 pm

Sene/talore could you please answer my questions if you are able?

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Ich bin ein berliner.

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:50 pm

"Only two weeks before Kennedy had spoken in more conciliatory tones, speaking of "improving relations with the Soviet Union": in response to Kennedy's Berlin speech, Nikita Khrushchev, days later, remarked that "one would think that the speeches were made by two different Presidents."

This is the only thing at all relevant to that.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:24 pm

"Only two weeks before Kennedy had spoken in more conciliatory tones, speaking of "improving relations with the Soviet Union": in response to Kennedy's Berlin speech, Nikita Khrushchev, days later, remarked that "one would think that the speeches were made by two different Presidents."

Sigh.

It means I've failed.

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:32 pm

Holy shit just listen to yourself
Not everyone wants to be paraded around in a private appeal forum indefinitely so you and the 'decency posse' you've saddled up with can unburden your consciences.

The whole 'unbanning in waves' stinks of trying to let back a few 'staff approved' few while keeping out other banned members with equally grievous bans. :yes:

Sorry everyone doesn't want to do that dance. No hurt feelings I hope...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lg51dzWHJE

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Oh Boubs, say it ain't so.
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm surprised it took only exactly a month to the day for me to finally be suspended and not just lose CI access, I was thinking I would be waiting 3 months in the hole.
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:42 pm

So I guess congrats on the productivity boost of your staff
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:45 pm

Sigh.

It means I've failed.
How in the World am I supposed to gleam that from you posting an excerpt of the most successful speeches by the most loved president ever?

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:50 pm

tbf this thread probably had ran its course around post #50.

Hearing "this was all a misunderstanding and I'm sure the staff did nothing wrong" lost any noverlty around the nth time it was posted. Sure the first 10 times were pretty hilarious, but the joke did get overused, and at this point it just looks like an old toilet rag.
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Sigh.

It means I've failed.
How
in the World am I supposed to gleam that from you posting an excerpt of the most successful speeches by the most loved president ever?
Well that's kind of the problem. I don't have Azrael's gift for speeches or mafia, I don't have Scumbag's gift for raging eloquence, but still it behooves me to say something sometimes, or at least I like to pretend I have that right; so about the best you're probably going to get is perhaps a veiled statement that I have seen the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked, and hope that someone here is a beatnik.
Dig?

Senori
Newcomer

Postby Senori » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:14 pm

I will not be making an appeal to the exact same morally corrupt staff that plotted to get me banned.
uh huh

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:18 pm

I liked "k" better, Senori.

Edit- by which I mean, you should never disrupt your emotions.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:30 pm

I will not be making an appeal to the exact same morally corrupt staff that plotted to get me banned.
uh huh
this my shit
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:31 pm

uh huh
this my shit
All the mods stomp your feet like this
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:38 pm

so is it ok to start ripping into people?

or do i just keep shitting in the corner like the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqds0B_meys

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:43 pm

badman, this thread has been a troll thread since its inception so be my guest. I have still to find any advice ITT :shrug:
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:03 pm

elom/senori, go fuck yourself

galspic, go fuck yourself

sene, id tell you to go fuck yourself but you would run and cry because internet drama you fucking shut in,

nai, stop fucking animals and i hope you die by a fire you fucking furfag

boub, get your head out of your ass and see that the appeals wont work if staff has a grudge.

talore i have no beef with you but others might idk.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:17 pm

I mean, I think these dialogs have been productive, even if they took a long time to get going or accomplish anything, and even if that accomplishment looks pretty minor. I appreciate that staff from MTGS have taken the time to come over here when they never had to in the first place. You can't give everyone what they want every time they want it. I know there was a lot of "more of the same" from both sides in this discussion, but that it wasn't all more of the same is just another example of the baby steps of progress this exercise has been.

Shout outs to Harku and TCM for dancing the line between progressive voice and stone troll to keep this thread interesting. Props to Onar for unsuccessfully appealing to make his site the source of our appeals. Props to Scumbag for roller coaster riding his rage train. Props to KCW for his use of the Super Soldier Serum and never changing in 7 years.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:23 pm

I come here on behalf of MTGS

let us fuck
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Wait a sec.
See, when I read Bibi's latest comment what I got from it was "incoming appeals will be met with such scrutiny, and with so much breathing down the mod's necks to not be biased against any of the userbase, that they can't help but succeed. We just want to make it look fair so we don't have more mods going Blut." I naturally assumed that you guys were pissed because you didn't want your re-entry into the MTGS world lorded over you by a bunch of mods who only got their power to be part of the process by an epic amount of whining, and by a staff that wanted to wash their hands of the whole sordid ordeal without any act of clemency.
Was I that wrong?

Edit- forgot to make a reference to Checkpoint Charlie.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:57 pm

I naturally assumed that you guys were pissed because you didn't want your re-entry into the MTGS world lorded over you by a bunch of mods who only got their power to be part of the process by an epic amount of whining, and by a staff that wanted to wash their hands of the whole sordid ordeal without any act of clemency.
Was I that wrong?.
Yup, that's fairly accurate.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:00 pm

well ill be appealing sometime tommorow, heads up.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:03 pm

Hey guys, long time no see!

As some of you probably know, we're finally moving forward:
  • People who want to give it a try will be able to appeal their ban, regardless of previous rules of ... unappealability? Yeah, let's go with that word.
  • The decision will be left to the mod team. We had discussions on leaving it to admins only, global + admins only, but letting everyone decides seems to be the best way to do things.
  • Appeals will probably be processed by waves to avoid rushing/congestion.
  • The Gutter will stay closed for now, I really don't want it to get in the way of reintegrating people in the community. We might be able to talk about
    it much further down the road, but it won't come back in its old form that was creating way too many problems.
  • People are expected to stop messing around with a couple of things to make things easier on everyone (Gimmick accounts, account sharing, etc...). On the other hand, mods will take into account the weird situation we're in when they vote on appeals, I think a lot of them understand where we are at this point, and want things to be resolved as much as you do.
I think that's about it. If you feel there's a problem at any point, feel free to PM me on MTGS and I'll look into it.
I cant send pms on mtgs.

Can you tell me which wave my appeal is in? Its been a week since I was last contacted by my caseworker and im moving toward month five of my appeal. Thanks.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:04 pm

I think ot should be noted how gladly and willingly I have attemtpted to engage in a pegit non-troll appeals process this whole time.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:05 pm

with all respect khadaffi im still not sold on the fact mods are corrupt. Did some of them mess up last year ? yeah but corrupt ? no.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:16 pm

At this juncture I have no reason not to believe that there was a plot to ban me and other Gutter members, as attested by the leak and the timing of my retroactive infractions.

The lack of willingness of the staff at striking a compromise (option B.) and going beyond the same tired arguments that Nai rehashed here does not sway me from believing in the honesty of the leaks warnings.

But I mean, its just my own opinion. I've made an effort at moving on past the bannings and move to a compromise, but if the staff insist in their appeal under closed doors approach as the only way to fight these invalid sanctions, I'm really not gonna bother. Plus the suspension of pinkfloyd shows their lack of willing at trying to strike a compromise and think out of the box. Its their application of their letter of the law in a totally braindead way (as usual). I've done that dance too many times to care going for another round.

As I
said, all those who have faith in the willingness of the staff in reforming their misguided ways should appeal, and you can ask me for any assistance on this endeavor if needed. I even think many will be unbanned if else as an effort to foster divisions in the banned members ranks and/or doing a little bit of PR ops. So now its the correct time for those who have faith on this process. Just not my cup of Tea thanks.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:29 pm

I am the Lord of the Dance said me.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:30 pm

stats plz

ExarionUniverse1
Tire Aficionado

Postby ExarionUniverse1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:37 pm

I mean, I think these dialogs have been productive, even if they took a long time to get going or accomplish anything, and even if that accomplishment looks pretty minor. I appreciate that staff from MTGS have taken the time to come over here when they never had to in the first place. You can't give everyone what they want every time they want it. I know there was a lot of "more of the same" from both sides in this discussion, but that it wasn't all more of the same is just another example of the baby steps of progress this exercise has been.

Shout outs to Harku and TCM for dancing the line between progressive voice and stone troll to keep this thread interesting. Props to Onar for unsuccessfully appealing to make his
site the source of our appeals. Props to Scumbag for roller coaster riding his rage train. Props to KCW for his use of the Super Soldier Serum and never changing in 7 years.
Thank you but I am still helping you guys by slowly changing MTGS mod mindset as many can confirm...

and before Harkius starts his skepticism, I would like tell him that no matter what he and his allies are attempting to do to derail this process of reconciliation, I will be there and counter them.

The gloves have come off Hark and the knives are out.

Take it as a threat or warning , but I will not allow your personal agenda of vengeance to iridium affect MTGS members and MTC members.

With total resolve, Onar.
Last edited by ExarionUniverse1 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:43 pm

Thank you but I am still helping you guys by slowly changing MTGS mod mindset as many can confirm...
Your efforts are appreciated Onar. At this rate I think we can solidly expect an apology from the staff at how the gutter bannings turned out by 2021, after the last appeals are processed in 2017.

Don't give up, its a rocky road out there, but remember, its the travel that counts!

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:46 pm

Did... did Onar just threa-.... Oh, nevermind.

Christ on a bike.

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:47 pm

Your efforts are appreciated Onar. At this rate I think we can solidly expect an apology from the staff at how the gutter bannings turned out by 2021, after the last appeals are processed in 2017.

Don't give up, its a rocky road out there, but remember, its the travel that counts!
Maybe when the mods start missing the old (good) GRRR, or when the gutter turncoats feel remorse for their actions, or when the decency posse wakes up one day and feels dead inside, we'll finally see a real apology. Maybe some time around Ravnica 3.0.

Rav 1 - TBGITE begins
Rav 2 - Gutter closing
Rav 3 - Reconciliation?

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:47 pm

lol onar

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 pm

Shout outs
to Harku and TCM for dancing the line between progressive voice and stone troll to keep this thread interesting. Props to Onar for unsuccessfully appealing to make his site the source of our appeals. Props to Scumbag for roller coaster riding his rage train. Props to KCW for his use of the Super Soldier Serum and never changing in 7 years.

and before Harkius starts his skepticism, I would like tell him that no matter what he and his allies are attempting to do to derail this process of reconciliation, I will be there and counter them.

The gloves have come off Hark and the knives are out.

Take it as a threat or warning , but I will not allow your personal agenda of vengeance to iridium affect MTGS members and MTC members.

With total resolve, Onar.

I've got your back dawg, you are not in this alone!

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:51 pm

Did... did Onar just threa-.... Oh, nevermind.

Christ on a bike.
yes

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:01 pm

I have such High Hopes for my appeal.

With the Staff not answering my questions in the thread and instead trolling, I'm sure they will answer my questions in a private subforum and it won't yet again be a waste of everyone's time.

GoodJob Guys you are Image Hope you are happy with your powersss

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:04 pm

3 of the sally admins have stopped by here today to see what crops are growing from their seeds

Galspanic
Newcomer

Postby Galspanic » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:07 pm

Can you tell me which wave my appeal is in? Its been a week since I was last contacted by my caseworker and im moving toward month five of my appeal. Thanks.
The thread in the Mod Lounge about your appeal was posted on 1-10-2013. The last post today was post #253. Please don't think that it's being ignored.

Galspanic
Newcomer

Postby Galspanic » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:08 pm

Who changed my Avatar? I like it!

Return to “Blathering Archives”