Open Site Blathering (formerly Advice from iridium ITT)

*memories*

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R )

Senori
Newcomer
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Senori » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:40 am

My point still stands: Why do I need to crawl in a dark dungeon in order to just restate that I genuinely wish to move on and forget about all the past drama?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_medium_is_the_message

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:47 am

By that metric, I can also argue that I have had bad experiences with the MTGS appeal dungeon. Its not a medium I'm particularly fond of
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Galspanic
Newcomer

Postby Galspanic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:49 am

I can't help you on all of that, but....
Q: why would kpaca and kijin get one year probation for thanking a post and voting in a poll if not for using this as an excuse to ban them later?
A: Because what they did was against the rules of the site and in fact the second time they'd evaded their suspensions. So, instead of taking the hardest line with that we felt that a probation was the best option. The discussion about the role of suspensions is happening since not everyone thinks they do what they are supposed to do. So, it wasn't to ban them later. It was to keep them from
being banned at the time since, while very much against the rules, it seemed needlessly severe.
The thing is that kpaca voted on a poll by mistake then snitched himself by telling "hey sorry I posted in a poll, my mistake" and from what I understand this would have gone unnoticed if he hadn't alerted the staff on this. Kijin voting on a poll was for one of these gutter polls where the guttermods opinions were requested, and since he was suspended at the time, he voted with his well know Thrillho account, because he thouugh his opinion was requested.

Its not just about being on probation for two ridiculously tame misdemeanors, it also has this extra layer of people having been in good faith. As kpaca put it more eloquently "its like a gust of wind threw him on the street and then he called the cops"

[quote="Galspanic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 am":
2d6fvd5h]
Q: why wouldn't staff even budge 1mm from their initial stance of appeals in a hidden place, asking that we give them complimentary blowjobs after they are done fucking around with us?
A: Is the issue the private appeals or the blowjobs? You have to understand that no matter the person did, it's really hard to say "Yeah, let's let this shit go" when he is being a complete asshole to us. I don't want people to show me respect because I am in charge - that feels too paternal for me... I just want to know that if they are unbanned they won't cause trouble because I have a responsibility to the users of the site and the staff to not jab sticks in their eyes.
(emphasis mine). Galspanic, how has your MTGS membership been these past 6 months? I trust you did not have any problems acessing forums and interacting with people.
Trying to put this into the least confrontational manner, I'll ask you this:

Did you pause to think for a second to
think that maybe... just maybe... it is also hard for me to say "Yeah, let's let this shit go" when I've been banned and called a malicious scumbag and see my community destroyed, then having to pick up the shards with the help of some other people, spending countless hours of hard work to get a replacement from scrap? And all this because of the lies of one paranoid admin and some sale who didn't concern me in the least?

Maybe I also think that you guys have done nothing but to behave like dicks but would be willing to go "Yeah, let's let this shit go, zombie gutter is dead, lets unban everyone and just forget that these awful 6months ever occurred" but then you guys feel the need to get some more "vindication" of having people crawl on your turf apologizing and promising that they won't be troublemakers anymore? I mean, a lot of people (including me) made the first step over here telling you that we were not interested in keeping old grudges
and that we would be very civil should an unban occur, but you still insist on having people crawl on your turf and repeat the same thing, possibly in the most contrived fashion? You guys are just falling to one of the seven cardinal sins: pride.

I'm not taking option C) Period. I'll meet people halfway on the bridge at best, not at their own end. The thing is you guys are not ready to let things go, as attested today by the suspension of pinkfloyd and the banning of my wife's account.[/quote]

Right. And that's a big reason why suspensions were issued instead of bans.

I get why you are upset but I also know that it does nothing to help you. You can keep talking about why you are banned, how we are corrupt, how your community was ripped apart, and how a few people insulted you, but.... but so what? I think we've made it pretty damn clear that we are trying to fix this and instead of treating this like some problem to solve you've used this is as a pulpit to spread your word. The
stories you tell sound like paranoia to me but I also know that communication is imperfect and you have bias (who doesn't?).

You do understand how calling us prideful is going to trigger my irony alert right? It's not pride, it's pragmatism. We just need to know that we aren't making a mistake by letting things go. And then people appeal and sound like they have very much NOT let things go. So, am I supposed to say "Sure man, tell me to fuck off and I will let you go hoping you don't tell me to fuck off again?" How about instead we see some actual evidence that people have let it go. I'm trying here man, and raging makes any and all appeals a lot harder to work with. Let's say I want you back, but the way you are here means I have to convince 4 admins, 7 Globals, 50 mods, and any detractors in CI that I am not actually giving you hummers. You need to do this yourself. I am not going to bat for you alone and without reason. Of course I am talking about anybody and not just you.

nI am late and have to run but I'll be back.

Galspanic
Newcomer

Postby Galspanic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:50 am

This is the stuff that makes it hard to believe that you have actually gotten to the next stage of this.
tbf this thread probably had ran its course around post #50.

Hearing "this was all a misunderstanding and I'm sure the staff did nothing wrong" lost any noverlty around the nth time it was posted. Sure the first 10 times were pretty hilarious, but the joke did get overused, and at this point it just looks like an old toilet rag.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:55 am

Well then if you don't believe my sincerity there is no point in appealing in the MTGS dungeon either. Whether I tell you that I'm interested in moving on here or in the dungeon, its still the same guy with the same credibility or lack of thereof. So, no point in MTGS hidden appeals.
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:58 am

hey can we have a group where everything someone posts from that group is just a giant smiley vomiting the smaller ones and put kcw in it so we know where he stands?

Slammu
House Harkonnen

Postby Slammu » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:59 am

hey can we have a group where everything someone posts from that group is just a giant smiley vomiting the smaller ones and put kcw in it so we know where he stands?
chuckle.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:00 am

I've said some pretty outrageous and insulting things about MTGS in this thread, both to vent, to jest, to troll and perhaps even just because I am a dark and disturbed individual, yet I was still unbanned. So I don't think this spammy thread should be used against anyone, least of all Saint Mario
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:34 am

mtgs can eat my anus

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:14 am

I just want to know that if they are unbanned they won't cause trouble because I have a responsibility to the users of the site and the staff to not jab sticks in their eyes.

I was typing out 'replace "children" with "mtgs user"' before I realized that they are synonyms.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:07 am

zing
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:20 am

i was the one who changed your avatar since i couldn't stand to see you without one, Gal.

i looked for a gif of a girl shaking her breasts from side to side but eventually figured you really wanted Betty White so voila!

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:22 am

No more Betty
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:11 am

i was the one who changed your avatar since i couldn't stand to see you without one, Gal.

i looked for a gif of a girl shaking her breasts from side to side but eventually figured you really wanted Betty White so voila!
Why not have both?

Talore
Newcomer

Postby Talore » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:50 am

I was afraid someone was going to say that
Good callout.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:33 am

Edit- Nevermind, sorry.
Last edited by Pendulum on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Galspanic
O-o made a threat against a member of the MTG community and is banned. He is also banned member RustedKnight/Crumpet/CorrodedTemplar.

RustedKnight's ban for suspension evasion (with gimmicks CorrodedTemplar, Crumpet, O-o) has been reduced to a one-month suspension starting today. He'll be back on February 22.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:58 am

Not sure how that one works.

ganderin_dan

Postby ganderin_dan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:06 am

WWDD?

What would Daniel do?
Keep calm and carry on.

ExarionUniverse1
Tire Aficionado

Postby ExarionUniverse1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:15 pm

This is just me trying to figure out what got Onar so upset.
You know why , you tried to frame Kijin as if he was deleting your posts again.

But you have a known history of this on MTGS

2: You called MTG Community members idiots as if you are smarter.

quote : That said, I appreciate (finally) getting some clarification about what the hell you're talking about. Even if you are overreacting and saying the same needless things about post deletion as the Admins at MtG Salvation did. I didn't plan on deleting my posts here. That one was needlessly hostile, and it was when I thought we could all get along. Since, I've learned how petty you all (still) are. So. Have my posts. That's cool.
[/b:
2uho6qx3]
Harkius

Its you who is petty!

3. You were banned on MTGS and now try to get back at Gal by any methods..

Now other issues : If Shakalo wants to appeal , I give the iridium my assurances as I did for Yanni that he will follow rules. Please convey to staff Gal and Boub.

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Guise... Onars reputation is, again, on the line. Shalako, do not take this responsibility lightly.

DO NOT. FUCK. THIS UP.
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:36 pm

Now other issues : If Shakalo wants to appeal , I give the iridium my assurances as I did for Yanni that he will follow rules. Please convey to staff Gal and Boub.
I appreciate the vote of confidence, however at this time I'm not considering appealing at this time for a multitude of reasons. Chief among them the fact that even if I %100 Avoided C.I. and Stuck to Mafia I would still get a Spam Infraction at some point and that would Violate Gal's terms so I can't in all honesty trust myself to do it.
Guise... Onars reputation is,
again, on the line. Shalako, do not take this responsibility lightly.

DO NOT. FUCK. THIS UP.
Man, all of the time when I'm asked to take responsibility I at least get to have sex first. :frown:

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:39 pm

Played Mafia, made bad posts, got banned.
Doesn't matter, had sex.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:39 pm

At least he gets laid

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Forming a Great Mafia community where you can double post with impunity and host/play in previously undeveloped NSFW and non-Family friendly genres sounds like a much better hobby then Fighting the Man to be honest.

{Quentin Tarantino Mafia anyone?}
Last edited by Shalako on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:42 pm

Played Mafia, made bad posts, made better posts, got involved with Clan, Got involved with Gutter, Learned there was Politics on a forum for Children's Card Game , Hosted mafia game, got involved with Politics, got banned, Appealed ban, Trolled, Foreveraloned.

Doesn't matter, had sex.
Pretty much my attitude about this to be honest.

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:52 pm

O-o made a threat against a member of the MTG community and is banned. He is also banned member RustedKnight/Crumpet/CorrodedTemplar.

RustedKnight's ban for suspension evasion (with gimmicks CorrodedTemplar, Crumpet, O-o) has been reduced to a one-month suspension starting today. He'll be back on February 22.
Threat against a member of the MTG Community goes on the Stack.

One-Month Suspension Reduction goes on the stack.

One-Month Suspension Reduction resolves giving RustedKnight a one-month Suspension emblem.

Threat against a member of the MTG Community resolves giving RustedKnight a Banned emblem.
~~~
Which one of us did you threaten Blackhound?

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Played Mafia, made bad posts, made better posts, got involved with Clan, Got involved with Gutter, Learned there was Politics on a forum for Children's Card Game , Hosted mafia game, got involved with Politics, got banned, Appealed ban, Trolled, Foreveraloned.

Doesn't matter, had sex.
Pretty much my attitude about this to be honest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:13 pm

*pops back into thread, looks around, frowns*
At this juncture I still believe that the facts that the leak warned me were true, and I would wish to firstly thank you again for your honesty, whoever you are. You did the right thing and allowed us to fight back and expose the whole facts of this sordid story. You are a good man and I wish you the best in your future endeavors

We're talking about the following, right:
Banning was indeed brought up as a possibility in the Global Lounge, but it was abandoned rather quickly.
Probably some people on staff had it in for you, that's no surprise. There were people like that on staff even when there were seven different gutterites working alongside them. Always were. But it's not *everybody* on the whole staff. That's BS.

And staff has already come in here and
apologized for a lot of the stuff they've done wrong. Not all of it - but they agreed they screwed up the appeals process and a lot of other things. They still think they're within their rights about others, ok, is that surprising? But they came here to reach out to you because what happened doesn't sit right with them, and they're not being the total arrogant pricks you keep saying they are.

I'm glad that it sounds like a lot of people are willing to give it a shot, and see it as a safeguard instead of as an attempt at humiliation.

Galspanic
Newcomer

Postby Galspanic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:15 pm

After Feb 22 you can ask him for details, but it is related to some of our new policies.

Harkius is banned? News to me.

Out of curiosity, Onar... I haven't seen you on MTGS in forever and have never heard anything from you about any of this. You did something for Yanni? This is news to me. But if you are doing something (you guys talk all cryptic like here sometimes) please make sure I've at least heard of it. Thanks.

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 pm

After Feb 22 you can ask him for details, but it is related to some of our new policies.

Harkius is banned? News to me.

Out of curiosity, Onar... I haven't seen you on MTGS in forever and have never heard anything from you about any of this. You did something for Yanni? This is news to me. But if you are doing something (you guys talk all cryptic like here sometimes) please make sure I've at least heard of it. Thanks.
if you dont know what the fuck is going on at a site you mod, then stop posting
your bullshit here and get over there and do your fucking job you fucking twat.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Christ on a bike.

Galspanic
Newcomer

Postby Galspanic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:38 pm

if you dont know what the fuck is going on at a site you mod, then stop posting your bullshit here and get over there and do your fucking job you fucking twat.
First, I like you. I find the over the top profanity pretty funny and from a textural point of view it does a good job of creating rhythm in the conversations.

Second, what makes you think I don't know what's going on there? Some people treat moderating like some Mafia game where they over-analyze everything they read, create secret backroom plots, and frankly I can only pay attention to the stuff that I can see.

Side note: Did you guys know that I was turned down for staff a couple years ago because I was involved in a secret plot to take down MTGS? No seriously, they
said I was part of a small group of people looking to destroy MTGS......to the people that came up with that one: :B
My point, people talk a lot of shit outside the forums and unless I am told about that stuff or it's posted somewhere, I can't see it. And some of it is just bat shit crazy. So, yeah...

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Side note: Did you guys know that I was turned down for staff a couple years ago because I was involved in a secret plot to take down MTGS? No seriously, they said I was part of a small group of people looking to destroy MTGS......
But were they wrong? :sneaky:
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Galspanic
Newcomer

Postby Galspanic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:45 pm

I am such a hardcore hacker...
{overly excited internet kid .meme}
That I don't know what SQL Dumps are.

(Oh and that stuff I just said is a super high level mod lounge leak but I'm pretty sure I was vague enough and it's 3 years old, so I can say it. My point is just that people do really silly things and build up all sorts of levels of paranoia off site)

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:02 pm

well I got unbanned on sally

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:06 pm

I am such a hardcore hacker...
{overly excited internet kid .meme}
That I don't know what SQL Dumps are.

(Oh and that stuff I just said is a super high level mod lounge leak but I'm pretty sure I was vague enough and it's 3 years old, so I can say it. My point is just that people do really silly things and build up all sorts of levels of paranoia off site)
Only off-site, eh? Xp

Careful there, Gals. Telling Baguy you like him is the first step in Going Gutter. We've already got Sene.

Galspanic
Newcomer

Postby Galspanic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:19 pm

Not just away from the site, but all the best conspiracy theories seem to develop on AIM.

well I got unbanned on sally
And a sincere welcome back.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Good thing none of us have Facebook accounts, that's where the real drama goes down.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Good thing none of us have Facebook accounts, that's where the real drama goes down.
:rolleyes:
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Return to “Blathering Archives”