Open Site Blathering (formerly Advice from iridium ITT)

*memories*

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R )

Boubouille
Newcomer
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Boubouille » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:33 pm

Users browsing this forum: Blackhound, Thrillho and 3 guests

Hello, which salvation mods do we have today ?
That would be me.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthre ... ost9471208

I'm going to go ahead and jump here too, even if it's a pretty hostile environment I assume it's worth adressing a few things that i couldn't address before because well, I had absolutely no power over the website.

Curse bought MTGSalvation a week or two ago, before that the deal was only in talks and a lot of the stuff you guys heard is pretty wrong. I'll mostly talk about the Gutter situation because hey, I assume that's
what you're interested in.

The whole "Gutter" discussion started from a discussion I had with some people from the team in august or september, I don't remember exactly, I kind of went over the forums and saw the Gutter. From the outside, I'm sorry, but the Gutter is a pretty bad forum, and I think I said something along the lines of "yeah, it would probably be better to close it". It was in the middle of a very informal conversation and at this stage we were still pretty far away from any acquisition.

The problem is how it got "leaked" to the Gutter community and blown out of proportion, it somehow turned into "OMG CLOSE EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW" and there was a lot of confusion on both sides, for the record I don't necessarily agree with how it was handled (the mass ban waves) but you also have to realize that the Salve team was a in tricky spot where they couldn't really say anything, and where I couldn't really tell them how to do their job either since it
wasn't my place. I did jump on Reddit to clear up a few things with one of you guys (I don't have the name) and try to get a few bans cleared up but that was pretty much the max I could do.

I don't really "care" about the Gutter itself because it's not my place to cut parts of the community as soon as we jump in, especially the parts I don't fully understand. I'll be around to answer questions, I don't expect you guys to be nice but if you do care about the community now is probably the perfect time to empty your bag and see what we can do around this.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:41 pm

copy pasted for the banned members who cant see it.

Hai!

After many months of random rumors, negotiation, corgis, and everything, I can somehow announce that MTGSalvation is being acquired by Curse Gaming.

It's been a pretty slow acquisition and I'm sure you guys heard about it back and forth on the forums, and making it official will hopefully let me clear up the situation for everyone.

1. I'll be the new guy to blame whenever something goes wrong on the site. I will try to jump in on the community progressively but everything remains in the hands of the existing team. You might have seen my name on a couple of other websites I created/ran in the past like MMO-Champion, Diablofans, Reign of Gaming, and a bunch of other stuff.

2. The main goal today is to stabilize the site, get used to everything here, and decide on what we can do in the future. You should see improvements but they will take a few weeks,
the sale is very recent and we're not going to rush anything, especially before we get any kind of community feedback.

This is a half-official announcement, I'm mostly using it as an opportunity to say hi to the community now that the site has been moved to our servers and that we can actually fix things if problems come up.

I'll probably have more for you guys in the future but for now I just want to open a line of communication and address any questions you might have.

Hope we'll get along and stuff. Please ask absolutely any question you might have about the whole thing in this thread, I'll try to reply to them as best as I can.

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:49 pm

That would be me.

I'm going to go ahead and jump here too, even if it's a pretty hostile environment I assume it's worth adressing a few things that i couldn't address before because well, I had absolutely no power over the website.

Curse bought MTGSalvation a week or two ago,
before that the deal was only in talks and a lot of the stuff you guys heard is pretty wrong. I'll mostly talk about the Gutter situation because hey, I assume that's what you're interested in.

The whole "Gutter" discussion started from a discussion I had with some people from the team in august or september, I don't remember exactly, I kind of went over the forums and saw the Gutter. From the outside, I'm sorry, but the Gutter is a pretty bad forum, and I think I said something along the lines of "yeah, it would probably be better to close it". It was in the middle of a very informal conversation and at this stage we were still pretty far away from any acquisition.

The problem is how it got "leaked" to the Gutter community and blown out of proportion, it somehow turned into "OMG CLOSE EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW" and there was a lot of confusion on both sides, for the record I don't necessarily agree with how it was handled (the mass ban waves) but you also have
to realize that the Salve team was a in tricky spot where they couldn't really say anything, and where I couldn't really tell them how to do their job either since it wasn't my place. I did jump on Reddit to clear up a few things with one of you guys (I don't have the name) and try to get a few bans cleared up but that was pretty much the max I could do.

I don't really "care" about the Gutter itself because it's not my place to cut parts of the community as soon as we jump in, especially the parts I don't fully understand. I'll be around to answer questions, I don't expect you guys to be nice but if you do care about the community now is probably the perfect time to empty your bag and see what we can do around this.

we want the whole truth. not just the gutter. least i do.

if you improve the site i'm fine with that personally, but remember now that any fuck ups your staff, which now include the iridium, will look poorly on you.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:56 pm

That would be me.

Curse bought MTGSalvation a week or two ago,
before that the deal was only in talks and a lot of the stuff you guys heard is pretty wrong. I'll mostly talk about the Gutter situation because hey, I assume that's what you're interested in.

The problem is how it got "leaked" to the Gutter community and blown out of proportion, it somehow turned into "OMG CLOSE EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW" and there was a lot of confusion on both sides, for the record I don't necessarily agree with how it was handled (the mass ban waves) but you also have
to realize that the Salve team was a in tricky spot where they couldn't really say anything, and where I couldn't really tell them how to do their job either since it wasn't my place. I did jump on Reddit to clear up a few things with one of you guys (I don't have the name) and try to get a few bans cleared up but that was pretty much the max I could do.

Boubouille, en ce qui me concerne, toute mon hostilité est dirigée a tous les membres corrompus de l'ancienne administration du site, qui n'ont eu cesse de nous harrasser et nous emmerder pendant plus de 6 mois, et ce jusqu'a ce que l'on soit
complétement évincés du site. Si comme je l'assume tu n'as rien eu a voir avec cette affaire, tu es le bienvenu ici. :)

( N_S )/Col. Khaddafi
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Boubouille, I hope you understand French, that is all.

Edit: Nevermind, I see that you are French.
Last edited by Blackhound on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:00 pm

Hello Boubouille
I don't have a repartee with you and while you may not expect "nice," I personally have no reason not to be nice to you.

So to begin, here are some preliminary questions:
1. You, like so many iridium, have brought up the "ban spree" that you can't tell them what to do because it "isn't your place." Now it is effectively your place. How are these bans being handled? I hope you can see it as a tricky situation on both sides (duplicitous nature of discussions staff-side, baiting users from the Gutter towards banning, holding fragile information that cannot be commented on but is completely intertwined in what was then an ongoing discussion about the Gutter). One of your fellow upper staff has publicly stated it was a travesty, but has done nothing to address it aside from offering verbal confirmation of what was routinely known. You are now in the driver's seat. What are you
going to do?

2. We've been asking for months if we can keep a piece of our "history" and receive SQL logs of the Gutter. We were promised these by the previous (and mostly still current) staff. We were assured once back-end access was given that we would have them. Where are they? When will we get them? If we will not get them, why not?

3. Why did it take you so long to come forward about the purchase? And why leave discussions of it in such -- pardon my rudeness -- under-qualified caretakers?

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi Boubouille, I am not a member of the gutter but I did post a fair bit in the watercooler talk at Salvation, was it Curse idea to make it more family freindly which then led to this thread.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=443674

ExarionUniverse1
Tire Aficionado

Postby ExarionUniverse1 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:11 pm

Hello Boubouille
I don't have a repartee with you and while you may not expect "nice," I personally have no reason not to be nice to you.

1. You, like so many iridium, have brought up the "ban spree" that you can't tell them what to do because it "isn't your place." Now it is effectively your place. How are these bans being handled? I hope you can see it as a tricky situation on both sides (duplicitous nature of discussions staff-side, baiting users from the Gutter towards banning, holding fragile information that cannot be commented on but is completely intertwined in what was then an ongoing discussion about the Gutter). One of your fellow upper staff has publicly stated
it was a travesty, but has done nothing to address it aside from offering verbal confirmation of what was routinely known. You are now in the driver's seat. What are you going to do?

2. We've been asking for months if we can keep a piece of our "history" and receive SQL logs of the Gutter. We were promised these by the previous (and mostly still current) staff. We were assured once back-end access was given that we would have them. Where are they? When will we get them? If we will not get them, why not?

3. Why did it take you so long to come forward about the purchase? And why leave discussions of it in such -- pardon my rudeness -- under-qualified caretakers?

On 1. can I make a suggestion mon ami ? Can you unban all the members that were unrightly banned?

Boubouille
Newcomer

Postby Boubouille » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:13 pm

if you improve the site i'm fine with that personally, but remember now that any fuck ups your staff, which now include the iridium, will look poorly on you.
I forget to brush my teeth way too often. If you have any specific question, shoot, if we're just conspiracy theorizing, I'm not sure how much I can help.
Boubouille, en ce qui me concerne, toute mon hostilité est dirigée a tous les membres corrompus de l'ancienne administration du site, qui n'ont eu cesse de nous harrasser et nous
emmerder pendant plus de 6 mois, et ce jusqu'a ce que l'on soit complétement évincés du site. Si comme je l'assume tu n'as rien eu a voir avec cette affaire, tu es le bienvenu ici. :)

( N_S )/Col. Khaddafi
Je pense sincerement que beaucoup de choses ont été exagérées, et de ce que je sais la team a pris pas mal de menaces qui ont pas forcément aidé a calmer les choses. Si t'as des problèmes précis en tête, je prends, c'est exactement pour ca que je viens chercher les 2 cotés de l'histoire.
Hello Boubouille

1. You, like so many iridium, have
brought up the "ban spree" that you can't tell them what to do because it "isn't your place." Now it is effectively your place. How are these bans being handled? I hope you can see it as a tricky situation on both sides (duplicitous nature of discussions staff-side, baiting users from the Gutter towards banning, holding fragile information that cannot be commented on but is completely intertwined in what was then an ongoing discussion about the Gutter). One of your fellow upper staff has publicly stated it was a travesty, but has done nothing to address it aside from offering verbal confirmation of what was routinely known. You are now in the driver's seat. What are you going to do?

2. We've been asking for months if we can keep a piece of our "history" and receive SQL logs of the Gutter. We were promised these by the previous (and mostly still current) staff. We were assured once back-end access was given that we would have them. Where are they? When will we get them? If
we will not get them, why not?

1. Going to figure out who did what for now. The situation wasn't handled perfectly on the staff side, but I also saw pretty nasty things coming from the other sides, including personal threats and stuff like that. Getting both sides of the story is the only reason why I'm here, so as I said, work with me.

2. I'll be honest, this is doubtful, mostly because from a legal standpoint I would probably need written consent from anyone who ever posted on the Gutter. Unless you have something very specific in mind, I don't see how we can just give you guys a SQL dump without breaching a crapton of privacy policies.

3. The purchase happened in December. Before that, it was just negotiations and people hearing about it, the discussion has been going on for months (like, 6 months+) but for some
reason one day someone decided to create a big mess out of it. When it happened, we really didn't have any final decision on the table and it was just not my place to intervene in a community where I have no legitimate power, we both know that having a Curse person jump in to tell everyone that "everything will be fine" wouldn't necessarily have made things better. Most importantly, it would have caused a swarm of questions that I couldn't possibly answer since, well, nothing was done yet (and it was far from being sure back then).

---------------------------------------

As for the unrightly banned part, I'll figure out with the team how to handle this and I'll probably have a list of people who want to appeal that I will just look into. Don't take it as a promise that everybody will be a happy unbanned puppy, as I said, I've seen a bunch of bad things that I need to clarify before I make decisions. It was just extremely hard to investigate without any official channel.

ExarionUniverse1
Tire Aficionado

Postby ExarionUniverse1 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:15 pm

I forget to brush my teeth way too often. If you have any specific question, shoot, if we're just conspiracy theorizing, I'm not sure how much I can help.
Boubouille,
en ce qui me concerne, toute mon hostilité est dirigée a tous les membres corrompus de l'ancienne administration du site, qui n'ont eu cesse de nous harrasser et nous emmerder pendant plus de 6 mois, et ce jusqu'a ce que l'on soit complétement évincés du site. Si comme je l'assume tu n'as rien eu a voir avec cette affaire, tu es le bienvenu ici. :)

( N_S )/Col. Khaddafi
Je pense sincerement que beaucoup de choses ont été exagérées, et de ce que je sais la team a pris pas mal de menaces qui ont pas forcément aidé a calmer les choses. Si t'as des problèmes précis en tête, je prends, c'est exactement pour ca que je viens chercher les 2 cotés de l'histoire.
Hello Boubouille
I don't have a repartee with you and while you may not
expect "nice," I personally have no reason not to be nice to you.

1. You, like so many iridium, have brought up the "ban spree" that you can't tell them what to do because it "isn't your place." Now it is effectively your place. How are these bans being handled? I hope you can see it as a tricky situation on both sides (duplicitous nature of discussions staff-side, baiting users from the Gutter towards banning, holding fragile information that cannot be commented on but is completely intertwined in what was then an ongoing discussion about the Gutter). One of your fellow upper staff has publicly stated it was a travesty, but has done nothing to address it aside from offering verbal confirmation of what was routinely known. You are now in the driver's seat. What are you going to do?

2. We've been asking for months if we can keep a piece of our "history" and receive SQL logs of the Gutter. We were promised
these by the previous (and mostly still current) staff. We were assured once back-end access was given that we would have them. Where are they? When will we get them? If we will not get them, why not?

1. Going to figure out who did what for now. The situation wasn't handled perfectly on the staff side, but I also saw pretty nasty things coming from the other sides, including personal threats and stuff like that. Getting both sides of the story is the only reason why I'm here, so as I said, work with me.

2. I'll be honest, this is doubtful, mostly because from a legal standpoint I would probably need written consent from anyone who ever posted on the Gutter. Unless you have something very specific in mind, I don't see how we can just give you guys a SQL dump without breaching a crapton of privacy policies.

3. The
purchase happened in December. Before that, it was just negotiations and people hearing about it, the discussion has been going on for months (like, 6 months+) but for some reason one day someone decided to create a big mess out of it. When it happened, we really didn't have any final decision on the table and it was just not my place to intervene in a community where I have no legitimate power, we both know that having a Curse person jump in to tell everyone that "everything will be fine" wouldn't necessarily have made things better. Most importantly, it would have caused a swarm of questions that I couldn't possibly answer since, well, nothing was done yet (and it was far from being sure back then).

---------------------------------------

As for the unrightly banned part, I'll figure out with the team how to handle this and I'll probably have a list of people who want to appeal that I will just look into. Don't take it as a promise that everybody will be a happy unbanned puppy, as I
said, I've seen a bunch of bad things that I need to clarify before I make decisions. It was just extremely hard to investigate without any official channel.

Well N_S ., Madding and others come to mind. I am not banned.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:23 pm

Franchement? Tout est dû à la paranoia de certains membres (notamment rianalnn) puisque personne a été menacé par des membres de ce site. S'il y a des accusations de menaces, c'est à ceux qui accusent de faire preuve de ces menaces, pas à nous de prouver que l'on a menacé personne. L'onus de la preuve est toujours du côté de ceux qui accusent.

Aussi, je suis en train de compiler l'histoire des évictions (qui est purement amusante et phénoménale)
donc tu pourras lire tous les détails et voter pour la suspension/éviction plus créative ici même
:x

Then I can only assume the Zombie Gutter will not be closed and that we will be able to keep our history on your servers?
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:41 pm

I want to be unbanned because I did not evade with a gimmick account, provided a logical defense of why I wouldn't evade with a gimmick, and was kept banned for not evading with a gimmick, which from what I hear now is effectively no longer a ban worthy offense.

I'm also Yanni on MTGS, and I was extremely established in Clans with House Dimir and Mafia. I also did a lot of work in Modern relating to Twin.

also: legally why do you need written consent to give us the SQL dumps..?

Boubouille
Newcomer

Postby Boubouille » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:04 am

Franchement? Tout est dû à la paranoia de certains membres (notamment rianalnn) puisque personne a été menacé par des membres de ce site. S'il y a des accusations de menaces, c'est à ceux qui accusent de faire preuve de ces menaces, pas à nous de prouver que l'on a menacé
personne. L'onus de la preuve est toujours du côté de ceux qui accusent.

Aussi, je suis en train de compiler l'histoire des évictions (qui est purement amusante et phénoménale) donc tu pourras lire tous les détails et voter pour la suspension/éviction plus créative ici même

Then I can only assume the Zombie Gutter will not be
closed and that we will be able to keep our history on your servers?
1. Il y'a eu des menaces de doxing et pas mal d'autres conneries du genre. Des menaces d'envoyer plein d'informations confidentielles a d'autres sites pour créer un gros drama (dans ce cas précis, le mec a quand meme menacé d'envoyer toutes les infos a MMO-Champion sans savoir que le site appartient a Curse, ce qui me fait largement sourire en ce qui concerne ses sources)

2. The Gutter will stay on the servers, we don't delete stuff.
I want to be unbanned because I did not evade with a gimmick account, provided a logical defense of why I wouldn't evade with a gimmick, and was kept banned for not evading with a gimmick, which from what I hear now is effectively no longer a ban worthy offense.

I'm also Yanni on MTGS, and I was extremely
established in Clans with House Dimir and Mafia. I also did a lot of work in Modern relating to Twin.

also: legally why do you need written consent to give us the SQL dumps..?
Will look into ban.

SQL Dump is incredibly tricky because it contains personal info, user posts, and everything. As a community manager it's a move I would basically never authorize out of respect for my members, if it was another entity asking for it and if you learned that I gave it away you would probably kill me. If you want very specific things, I'll see if we can get something done, but I'm not going to lie to you it's unlikely.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:07 am

Boubouille, do you know a good translator, as I have no idea what you or Khaddafi just said :rofl:

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 am

Boubouille, what questions do you have? How can we help you to help everyone involved?
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Boubouille
Newcomer

Postby Boubouille » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:17 am

First step is mostly give me a list of usernames that needs their ban investigated and I'll look into it.

Blackhound: I mostly said that the team got threatened left and right as far as I know. I'm still not sure if it's by people posting here, etc, I'm really just clearing out the way, I'm really not kidding when I say that the sale is recent. But yeah, I saw pretty sketchy threats of doxing, I saw very sketchy rumors about Curse being thrown left and right saying that we're going to fire everyone, etc... Also had someone threaten to release tons of extremely compromising and confidential information about the whole thing and send it to ... MMO-Champion because apparently they would "love" a story like this. The guy pretended to have awesome sources within Curse and didn't even know that MMO-Champion is something I run.

I'm mostly here to figure out what's happening, really, having a bunch of pissed
users on their own forums doesn't really make sense and we can probably fix it, we'll just have to take it one step at a time and see what we can do.

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:17 am

Hmmm This is going to be a good kinda interesting
I just shit post and get blocked on the twatters

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:18 am

Franchement? Tout est dû à la paranoia de certains membres (notamment rianalnn) puisque personne a été menacé
par des membres de ce site. S'il y a des accusations de menaces, c'est à ceux qui accusent de faire preuve de ces menaces, pas à nous de prouver que l'on a menacé personne. L'onus de la preuve est toujours du côté de ceux qui accusent.

Aussi, je suis en train de compiler l'histoire des évictions (qui est purement amusante et phénoménale) donc tu pourras lire tous les détails et voter pour la suspension/éviction plus créative ici même
2. I'll be honest, this is doubtful, mostly because from a legal standpoint I would probably need written consent from anyone who ever posted on the Gutter. Unless you have something very specific in mind, I don't see how we can just give you guys a SQL dump without breaching a crapton of privacy
policies.

Then I can only assume the Zombie Gutter will not be closed and that we will be able to keep our history on your servers?
1. Il y'a eu des menaces de doxing et pas mal d'autres conneries du genre. Des menaces d'envoyer plein d'informations confidentielles a d'autres sites pour créer un gros drama (dans ce cas précis, le mec a quand meme menacé d'envoyer toutes les infos a MMO-Champion sans savoir que le site appartient a Curse, ce qui me fait largement sourire en ce qui concerne ses sources)

2. The Gutter will stay on the servers, we don't delete stuff.

3) SQL Dump is incredibly tricky because it contains personal info, user posts, and everything. As a community manager it's a move I would basically never authorize out of respect for my members, if it was another entity asking for it and if you learned that I gave it away you would probably kill me. If you
want very specific things, I'll see if we can get something done, but I'm not going to lie to you it's unlikely.
(In English since gutterites are mad at me)

1) This Dox bombing on MMO Champion is totally unrelated to the Gutter, so we can get this out of the way right now. The only possible "personal threats" by a Gutter member that I can remember
was someone making a joke in the Gutter about "paranoid" staff member rianalnn being on holiday in NY and staff member rianalnn going postal.

2) The Gutter staying archived is different from the gutter staying accessible and with posting rights. Everyone knows is too dangerous to physically delete an entire subforum from the SQL database.

I would appreciate a straight answer on this: Is the Zombie Gutter going to be archived or will its members retain their posting rights? (as they should)

3) If you don't mind me being blunt, that is a load of crap. What was posted in the Gutter or in MTGS is public. You can
quote it there or elsewhere. You can save the html files and reverse-engineer them to get the SQL database with the post content, id and author. I can do this with a few days of coding. There is nothing that wouldn't be public information in those SQL dumps we requested. I am sure that someone with a legal background (one of our staff has it) will be able to confirm this.

I asked that I was spared this ordeal as a token gesture of respect. I see that our community was (again) lied to and spit on its face. Thanks alot Galspanic! Also thanks for your passive agressiveness in being afraid to discuss things here "because feelings" and then ban us when we made the gesture of registering an account on MTGS to discuss things on YOUR turf (you know, the place where staff harassed us during months). You guys rock as usual!

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:21 am

I belive these "threats" were blown out of proportion.

Edit, yeah that was just a joke blown out of proportion at the time, the guy in question was not seriously threatning Riannalin.

FaheyUSMC
Rancor'd to Hell and Back

Postby FaheyUSMC » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:25 am

First step is mostly give me a list of usernames that needs their ban investigated and I'll look into it.

Blackhound: I mostly said that the team got threatened left and right as far as I know. I'm still not sure if it's by people posting here, etc, I'm really just clearing out the way, I'm really not kidding when I say that the sale is recent. But yeah, I saw pretty sketchy threats of doxing, I saw very sketchy rumors about Curse being thrown left and right saying that we're going to fire everyone, etc... Also had someone threaten to release tons of extremely compromising and confidential information about the whole thing and send it to ... MMO-Champion because apparently they would "love" a story like this. The guy pretended to have
awesome sources within Curse and didn't even know that MMO-Champion is something I run.

I'm mostly here to figure out what's happening, really, having a bunch of pissed users on their own forums doesn't really make sense and we can probably fix it, we'll just have to take it one step at a time and see what we can do.
I'm the one who said that I had sources inside Curse, and I still do. I did not, however, mention anything about MMO-Champion, because I am aware Curse owns MMOC. There are other sources who would have loved the story, though, that I write for. In fact, I told two of them to walkaway because I wasn't going to cause more drama over this unless it was warranted.

Strike 1.

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:26 am

What happens at three strikes

FaheyUSMC

Postby FaheyUSMC » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:30 am

Probably best not to attempt to find out.

Boubouille
Newcomer

Postby Boubouille » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:37 am

I'm the one who said that I had sources inside Curse, and I still do. I did not, however, mention anything about MMO-Champion, because I am aware Curse owns MMOC. There are other sources who would have loved the story, though, that I write for. In fact, I told two of them to walkaway because I wasn't going to cause more drama over this unless it was warranted.

Strike 1.
Wait. Did you just give me... a strike? Huh, okay I guess?

You do realize that I'm on the side of people who actually knew what's going on right? You do realize that whenever you came up in public with "They're going to fire everyone!" I knew it was total bullshit? I'm going to quote you on the MMO-Champion stuff.
As I promised
Rascals, the information N_S provided will remain safe in my inbox and will not see the light of day on these forums, provided the staff remains honest and true to the userbase. Don't **** with us on this one, because this does affect us. And believe me, there is NOTHING a company like Curse wants to see less than a bunch of pissed-off forumgoers running to the blogs and presses to bitch about this. Blogs such as MMO-Champion would love a story like this, and I don't want to see that happen.

If it comes down to it, I will provide a link to my story if and when I write it up.
I'm going to make it extremely clear, I'm here to try to fix the problem if there is one. I'm not here to empower you by paying attention to random threats, right now there's two possibilities.
  • You're talking to someone random at Curse who's bullshiting you, and honestly I don't see how you could have gotten something that wrong from someone on
    our side. We really didn't have a lot of people involved in the deal because of how uncertain it was.
  • You don't have anything and you're just trying to grab attention.
I'm not really here to debate whether or not your threats make sense, I just don't care. If you want to go forward with fixing the community, jump in, if you want to be a sad little grinch and just enjoy the trolling and hating, well, you'll probably have someone else to play with.

For now, I'll just assume that this is what happens at three strikes, maybe you should get some inspiration out of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGwQqxDWE2M

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 am

:crazy: maliciously vague threats

edit: I fail to see how Fahey's comment saying that he had some information is a personal threat against the staff as you said in post 250

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:43 am

when they don't submit you must summit

Boubouille
Newcomer

Postby Boubouille » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:50 am

@Yanni: This is part of a bigger post, and a general trend from Fahey threatening to release random stuff and in general misleading people with false information.

@Col. Khaddafi: Blaming Galspanic is useless. He tried to get your dumps, but he also had no control over this. He sent something like 4 or 5 mails to get them, he's absolutely not the one to blame about this.

The Zombie Gutter is still on standby until we figure out what's going on. It won't be deleted or anything, and if it's archived it won't be in public because of the nature of it's content.

It wouldn't be dangerous to delete the Gutter, we just don't delete shit for accountability reason. Best you'll have is a soft delete but it will still be in the DB. Scraping the forum would get you a lot less data than a SQL dump, you would need all the posts, users, IPs, edit history, etc... It most likely includes multiple tables and a lot of side
information. As I said, unless there's an extremely good reason to do it it's not something I will agree to. I'd rather fix the problem than just give up on it for now.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:53 am

@Yanni: This is part of a bigger post, and a general trend from Fahey threatening to release random stuff and in general misleading people with false information.

@Col. Khaddafi: Blaming Galspanic is useless. He tried to get your dumps, but he also had no control over this. He sent something like 4 or 5 mails to get them, he's absolutely not the one to blame about this.

The Zombie Gutter is still on standby until we figure out what's going on. It won't be deleted or anything, and if it's archived it won't be in public because of the nature of it's content.

It wouldn't be dangerous to delete the Gutter, we just don't delete shit for accountability reason. Best you'll have is a soft delete but it will still be in the DB. Scraping the forum would
get you a lot less data than a SQL dump, you would need all the posts, users, IPs, edit history, etc... It most likely includes multiple tables and a lot of side information. As I said, unless there's an extremely good reason to do it it's not something I will agree to. I'd rather fix the problem than just give up on it for now.

how is that a personal attack on the staff

Boubouille
Newcomer

Postby Boubouille » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:57 am

I'm not really here to debate specifics, mostly to protect people involved. I had serious threats of doxing too, Fahey is a borderline case because he never really had specifics, he just randomly threatens every now and then. But as I said, it's more than one person and I'm still trying to figure out the rights or wrong.

As for your ban, it will take a little more time to investigate, we shutdown the search servers for now to secure it and I like to go through stuff myself to make my own opinion. ^^

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:03 am

I'm not really here to debate specifics, mostly to protect people involved. I had serious threats of doxing too, Fahey is a borderline case because he never really had specifics, he just randomly threatens every now and then. But as I said, it's more than one person and I'm still trying to figure out the rights or wrong.

As for your ban, it will take a little more time to investigate, we shutdown the search servers for now to secure it and I like to go through stuff myself to make my own opinion. ^^
In what specific way did fahey personally threaten the staff as you said in 250? You claimed it was his post where he said that he wouldn't release the information he had if the staff coroporated with him. That's patently false. Fahey
never said "hurr durr if the staff don't do what I want I'll find them IRL"

You said :
and then when asked to provide who was making person threats, you quoted Fahey saying that it was a random threat here :
I'm going to make it extremely clear, I'm here to try to fix the problem if there is one. I'm not here to empower you by paying attention to random threats, right now there's two possibilities.

You're talking to someone random at Curse who's bullshiting you, and honestly I don't see how you could have gotten something that wrong from someone on our side. We really didn't have a lot of people involved in the deal because of
how uncertain it was.
You don't have anything and you're just trying to grab attention.

I'm not really here to debate whether or not your threats make sense, I just don't care. If you want to go forward with fixing the community, jump in, if you want to be a sad little grinch and just enjoy the trolling and hating, well, you'll probably have someone else to play with.
what Fahey did in no way was a personal threat on anyone in the iridium.

I'm sorry that someone threatened to dox you or the other iridium, but it clearly wasn't Fahey.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:07 am

It wouldn't be dangerous to delete the Gutter, we just don't delete shit for accountability reason. Best you'll have is a soft delete but it will still be in the DB. Scraping the forum would get you a lot less data than a SQL dump, you would need all the posts, users, IPs, edit history, etc... It most likely includes multiple tables and a lot of side
information. As I said, unless there's an extremely good reason to do it it's not something I will agree to. I'd rather fix the problem than just give up on it for now.
Got it, you're closing the Gutter then. You could at least say it openly and get it over with? I mean, we all know how this story is going to end: The Gutter is going to be moved to the forbidden Zone after all its members got shown the door (subforum-wise and for some forum-wise). I think that after 6 months of lies and deceit its time to come clean and be honest and sincere? Really, its time you guys stop eliciting the issue. Its Your call at the end of the day (though not a fair one), and we have nothing to say about it. I'm not going so far as to tell you you will have our respect for finally coming clean (its a tad late for this), but its time for you guys to do some PR in the form of being honest once and for all.

As for the SQL dumps, there is no other hidden info aside the IP (and maybe the edits with the
more recent vb3.8 versions. If you don't know how the SQL database of vbulletin works, you can confirm with your colleagues more well-versed in SQL. You can also select whose tables to dump (excluding IP of the poster) so your argument is invalid. Again, that would have been a token gesture of respect for our community, but I never had my hopes high.

Also, since I was Guttermod of the Gutter, and since I took care of downloading most of it, I have already all the info (IP, edits, etc...) in the form of html dumps anyway. Its not like I'd be getting any new info :shrug:

Let me reinstate

you query the database

Code: Select all

SELECT post.* FROM thread WHERE thread.forumid = A OR thread.forumid = B OR thread.forumid = C OR thread.forumid = D
where * is:

post_id
topic_id
forum_id
poster_id
icon_id
poster_ip
post_time
post_
reported

post_username
post_subject

etc...

where you remove the non-public stuff.

Tell me where this poses any legal problem please?

Manasjap

Postby Manasjap » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:07 am

Thanks for coming here to discuss stuff with us Boubouille.

Quoting this for awesome

ein

Postby ein » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:39 am

What's with the strikes thing? Is that for real, or is this just roleplaying Walmart-parenting amateur hour?

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:41 am

Probably best not to attempt to find out.

three strikes your out.

or three strikes and you get a turkey.

are we bowling or playing baseball?

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:47 am

Thanks for coming here to discuss stuff with us Boubouille.

Quoting this for awesome
++

I approve of the awesome linked youtube vids.
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

FaheyUSMC

Postby FaheyUSMC » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:04 am

If I'm a "borderline case" but never had "any specifics", then why was I a case at all? Why did you bother to consider me worth the effort to actually let me get on your radar if I wasn't a problem, in your eyes?

nI have sources. You will get specifics if and when it is time. You are acting like all companies do when their hands are caught in the cookie jar: you throw up the net of "you don't know shit, if you did you'd provide the names of your sources!" expecting our pride to be hurt and thus we doas you want.

Strike 2.

Also, the corgi video was full of HNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:05 am

Strike 2.
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:29 am

if jerry the king laywer doesnt win comeback of the year i'mma be mad

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:29 am

HE WON FUCK YES. YES! YES! YES!

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:30 am