Multiclassed in Prestige Smashing & Barding

You may introduce yourself here
Smashbard
Newcomer
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Multiclassed in Prestige Smashing & Barding

Postby Smashbard » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:29 am

Herro. Current member of MTGS forums here. Soon to be former, but whatever.

Straw that broke the camels back was watching the blatant censorship of the Forum Awards nomination threads. Purposefully deleting any nominations for anyone who's ever been mentioned in the Gutter, unless of course you are a current Mod or member who supports the current regime (Jeff, I'm looking at you). It's pretty much the height of thought policing. You can't like or not like any members the Moderators tell you that you can't. You can't participate in democracy, because the election is rigged and we can't risk you screwing up our rigging of a pointless awards show where we get to self gratifyingly masturbate to our accomplishments that we really didn't earn because we just banned everybody who didn't vote for us.

No surprise to me that Galspanic is getting a lot of nominations for Nicest
Member and Best Mod so he's actively doing his best to make sure nobody can usurp his throne of E-Penis.

Anyways, I'll probably get along horribly with most of you. But I'm willing to give it a try. Better to be told your a dumb ass to your face within a forum of your peers than have overlords hiding with cloaks and daggers spreading lies among themselves in places that the regular members can't see.

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:56 am

whats up man

You play magic, video games? Anything interesting about yourself?
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Smashbard
Newcomer

Postby Smashbard » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:16 am

Herp Derp. In light of my rant I forgot that this was supposed to be an introduction to myself.

I do not currently play Magic. Been wanting to get into it again but I just don't have the disposable income to afford $400 decks to remain competitive.

I am your prototypical nerd. I've played Magic The Gathering, 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons, Dragonball Z TCG, Raw Deal CCG, .Hack// CCG, Gamma World RPG, and more board and video games than I can count.

I suck at first person shooters, love RPG's, Turn Based Strategy Games, Pro Wrestling Simulators and anything with a Nintendo Logo slapped on it.

I'm married to a beautiful wife and have a kid on the way. I work for AT&T as Tier 2 Technical Support. Other than that, there's not a lot that is interesting about me. If you consider being an unrepentant nerd interesting. lol.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:59 pm

you should play EDH, 400 can get you a pretty good deck that will never rotate.

Manasjap

Postby Manasjap » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Welcome good sir :)

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:36 pm

Welcome Smasbard! Happy to have you on board.
Anyways, I'll probably get along horribly with most of you. But I'm willing to give it a try. Better to be told your a dumb ass to your face within a forum of your peers than have overlords hiding with cloaks and daggers spreading lies among themselves in places that the regular members can't see.
I wouldn't worry about not fitting in. Most of us know what it means to be harassed, and we just want this place to be somewhere we can all feel comfortable, regardless of any differing views everyone of us might have (which is something of a reasonable expectation, just like in real life). No one should be expected to conform to a specific stereotype/norm, and all we ask to people around here is
that they remain true to themselves, without fear of any repercussions.

Again, we are very happy to welcome you, so make yourself comfortable in this new home of yours! :smileup:

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Remember kids, your intent has a smell and Galspanic is the only one with a nose for it
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Also welcome, we are small now and the website kind of boring but just give it time
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Smashbard
Newcomer

Postby Smashbard » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Well just think. Anybody willing to stick around through the growing pains can say they helped build a community worth staying for.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

you should play EDH, 400 can get you a pretty good deck that will never rotate.
Too bad EDH isn't fun
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Herp Derp. In light of my rant I forgot that this was supposed to be an introduction to myself.

I do not currently play Magic. Been wanting to get into it again but I just don't have the disposable income to afford $400 decks to remain competitive.

I am your prototypical nerd. I've played Magic The Gathering, 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons, Dragonball Z TCG, Raw Deal CCG, .Hack// CCG, Gamma World RPG, and more board and video games than I can count.

I suck at first person shooters, love RPG's, Turn Based Strategy Games, Pro Wrestling Simulators and anything with a Nintendo Logo slapped on it.

I'm married to a beautiful wife and have a kid on the way. I work for AT&T as Tier 2 Technical Support. Other than that, there's not a lot that is
interesting about me. If you consider being an unrepentant nerd interesting. lol.
That's cool, I don't play magic anymore but love video games. Tech support? Are you one of those guys I swear at over the phone when my phone breaks?

Smashbard
Newcomer

Postby Smashbard » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:39 pm

I suck at first person shooters, love RPG's, Turn Based Strategy Games, Pro Wrestling Simulators and anything with a Nintendo
Logo slapped on it.

I'm married to a beautiful wife and have a kid on the way. I work for AT&T as Tier 2 Technical Support. Other than that, there's not a lot that is interesting about me. If you consider being an unrepentant nerd interesting. lol.
That's cool, I don't play magic anymore but love video games. Tech support? Are you one of those guys I swear at over the phone when my phone breaks?
Possibly. We get some pretty livid callers a lot of the time. Pretty much if you call in, you're probably speaking to a Customer Service Rep. They're going to herp derp for about 5 minutes, push a button, and if it doesn't fix your issue, send you to Tier 2 Tech Support for actual troubleshooting. lol.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:14 am

Interesting... Do you ever get any strange callers?

Smashbard
Newcomer

Postby Smashbard » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:42 am

Mostly in the form of people believing that the government is listening in on their calls, or hacked their phone, little old ladies with Samsung Galaxy SIII's and social engineers. I'll probably start a thread in the H20 Cooler for fielding questions about tech support so I can get into further detail about what I do and how to help people with their cell phones.

Smashbard
Newcomer

Postby Smashbard » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:02 am

All of those are wonderful and fascinating in their own way.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Sup man.

Hope you stay around

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:19 am

I like everything you've said in this thread.

Welcome, man!!
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Return to “Make an Entrance”