Best Underrated EDH Tech

Discussions about the EDH/Commander format

Moderator: Manasjap

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Kazekirimaru » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:14 am

I forgot Entreat the Angels was a thing. I need to pick that up next time I buy things.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:25 am

[card]Zur's weirding[/card]

glasses of urza

soldier of fortune
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:03 am

I play a lot of Phyrexian Ingester, too. It's really good against Wurmcoil Engine and things that leave behind annoying stuff. Also not bad against opposing generals in a pinch.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:08 pm

I'm going to go really basic here and say "ramp rocks."

It's amazing to me how few people play rocks, especially in colors outside green. Dudes playing Ruination or Armageddon? Still got my rocks. Winter Orb or Contamination hits the table? Still got my rocks. Not playing filthy trees so I can't play ramp and fix with spells? Still got my rocks.
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

Phil
Newcomer

Postby Phil » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:44 pm

I like King Crab a lot, especially in conjunction with Tidal Force. Aetherize is incredible.
trading post is a card I'm surprised I don't see more often in the format.

It's a mana sink that does 3 1/2 relevant things; dump crap into your yard for GY tricks, makes tokens, gets back artifacts with said tokens, eats itself or artifacts that have out lived their usefulness to draw a card.
Trading Post is disgustingly good.

people who play me are smart and usually
blow it up when I play it since I've abused the thing so many times.

It's really not "secret tech" but you'd be surprised how many times I've played blood moon and someone can no longer play magic. Really, your deck just scoops to non basic hate?
Last edited by Phil on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:34 pm

Trading Post + Unwinding Clock = <3

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:35 pm

For Commander Protection, I sometimes use [card]General's Kabuto[/card] as prevents combat damage as well. Dolmen Gate is also great for keeping your commander around after combat. [card]Rogue's Passage[/card] is also great way to make your commander go through repeatably.

Kusari-Gama + Grappling Hook is really good at wiping an opponents board. It can target a weak creature and kill the big ones that may have hexproof or Shroud.

I found Evangelize in my Binder and thought it would be worth a try. It is expensive, but late game use is just life saving. Steel that Vorinclax, that commander with an arsenal of equipment, Their combo enabler, or whatever looks good. Buyback is what I really abuse.

Grafted Exoskeleton is
fun with unblockable creatures.

Spore Frog +Genesis or Nim Deathmantle is great stopping attacking.

Crib Swap (another remove from game spell), [card]Hero's Demise[/card] (cheap commander killer), Evacuation (anti Rude Awakening),Pentarch Paladin (white destroy target permanent) , and Ertai, Wizard Adept (repeatable counter spell ability, found it in a $1 bin) are removal spells I rarely see in opponents decks. I found them quite effective as there is limited numbers of great removal against certain strategies.

Lastly, I found Prahv, Spires of Order to be a great damage stopper. It gets around hexproof or Shroud creatures attacking you. It also stops huge burn. I have survived games with it.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
Commander- Kaalia (Dega) and Nekusar (Grixis)
Modern- UB Faeries and Splinter Twin
Standard- Mono-black Devotion
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:48 am

This is probably known, but I just found a card that is perfect if you have a pesky combo player at your table.

[card]Jester's Cap[/card]

It just arrived in the mail today and it went into my Sydri, Galvanic Genius indestructible artifact deck.

Return to “Command Tower (EDH/Commander)”