[Basic Mafia Game #1] Adventure Time (Town Win)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:36 am

And I selectively hate emoticons.

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:58 am

Waaaaahhhhhhh
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:59 am

I like short posting in mafia, keeps people on their heels and people actually read everything I say
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:59 am

Emoticons love you, kpaca. :kp:
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:14 am

I like short posting in mafia, keeps people on their heels and people actually read everything I say
Theres a difference between short posting amd short, useless posting.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:14 am

Emoticons love you, kpaca. :kp:
This for instance

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:47 am

Hmm,

This community might be on to something about no RVS. Curious to see how the initiation process will play on in future games, but for this game:

Why, Manders, do you want a soft-claim? And after suggesting it, why not go specific with what your idea of a soft claim might be?

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:47 pm

One thing that I asked in my last mod lounge game and no one answered is what you are supposed to do on day one, before people even voted for someone's lynch. For my first game it just felt like a free for all.
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:57 pm

I don't want to soft claim without manders explaining more.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:57 pm

As with all games, mafia can easily be ruined by people just not caring about the game. It is very bad for the town to have spammy townies, because spamming is outright scummy. I don't understand why some people just don't get that. As a member of the town, you contribute. You have nothing to hide, therefor you talk words like a real person.
while I agree with you when the game gets rolling, dude, rvs.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:49 pm

I don't want to soft anything till I know what a "claim" is..

Also, rvs? ?_?

Time to go read the rules again...
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:59 pm

Ok, I've read the rules again.

I would say: tell me more about the conditions of this soft-claim, manders. I thought we couldn't reveal any part of our role pm.

Rvs: seems like we're already doing this, eh? It doesn't seem like banning chatter is very important right now

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:00 pm

And now I've reread page 1 and realize you just can't quote your pm. Gotcha

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:04 pm

Unvote Yanni

A soft-claim is essentially a claim that tries to hint at the name of each players role (common ones include gender claims).

My problem right now is that even without the knowledge of AT, there are still many claims one could make. Gender claim, human claim (lols), princess claim. Whether soft-claiming is viable now or not is beyond me, but why not specify something to the rest of the players?

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Unvote Yanni

A soft-claim is essentially a claim that tries to hint at the name of each players role (common ones include gender claims).

My problem right now is that even without the knowledge of AT, there are still many claims one could make. Gender claim, human claim (lols), princess claim. Whether soft-claiming is viable now or not is beyond me, but why not specify something to the rest of the players?
this is basically my problem.
I've seen maybe two episodes of AT and I absolutely hate the idea of trying to flavor break the game.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:16 pm

As with all games, mafia can easily be ruined by people just not caring about the game. It is very bad for the town to have spammy townies, because spamming is outright scummy. I don't understand why some people just don't get that. As a member of the town, you contribute. You have nothing to hide, therefor you talk words like a real person.
while I agree with you when the game gets rolling, dude, rvs.
Still really worried about defending your inane drivel.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:17 pm

Unvote Yanni

Well fucking vote her already, or are you just going to talk about how much you dont like what manders did?

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:17 pm

One thing that I asked in my last mod lounge game and no one answered is what you are supposed to do on day one, before people even voted for someone's lynch. For my first game it just felt like a free for all.
Hope for the best.

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:09 pm

The notion of RVS is moronic. It makes the thread longer and it's not like those posts won't be reviewed in later days. Every posts in a game of mafia matters. You say you spam because "lolrvs", but you don't get to tell us your motives. I've said my piece, I thoroughly believe that you're wrong, and I ESPECIALLY think it's scummy to defend posting drivel. If you don't have some reads by page two you're playing a different game than I am, and your game sounds worse.

Thus far things of interest:

Yanni's initial rhyming post, accompanying a vote- Important to note, though possibly nothing. Any comments, Yanni?
Mogadishu jones' vote everyone- A bit out of character for him, but I don't generally try to game the player. In my mind this is akin to gaming the mod. I haven't exactly read a lot of his games either.
Seems rather early to be voting for people but what
do i know?

Vote: Captain Murphy

amidoingthisrite?
"is this what townies do? Can I be town"- not very natural. fos: imopen2. Another bad or scum dilemma.

Manders asking for a soft-claim and then asking about what to soft claim, as has been stated, is very suspicious. The inquiry as to what to soft claim sounds like she's trying to get another player to reveal something, however I don't see what relevant information she could acquire. We'll see how this one plays out.

Still no word from killjoy or teef.

It occurs to me that Ximbad is the only player in the game that I would expect to know what he's doing while basically posting nothing. I would like to know more about everything I commented on, but what Ximbad didn't say feels the most relevant to me.

unvote: the guardian
vote: ximbad

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:12 pm

Meant captain murphy's rhyming post, not yannis. Also, in case it wasn't clear yanni is not too far behind ximbad on my list of shady characters.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:23 pm

The notion of RVS is moronic. It makes the thread longer and it's not like those posts won't be reviewed in later days. Every posts in a game of mafia matters. You say you spam because "lolrvs", but you don't get to tell us your motives. I've said my piece, I thoroughly believe that you're wrong, and I ESPECIALLY think it's scummy to defend posting drivel. If you don't have some reads by page two you're playing a different game than I am, and your game sounds worse.
Of course I have reads, when did I say I didn't :confused:

RVS posts, for the most part, are useful in 3 sceanarios, 1. when we have dead scum and we can look at interactions from that person 2. when a town member is dead and we can look at interactions from that person.
3. how people react to RVS posts and
how it paints them in a scum/town light.

I think that you're grasping at straws when attacking me for doing something that is pretty common in almost all mafia games.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:07 pm

Thus far things of interest:

Yanni's initial rhyming post, accompanying a vote- Important to note, though possibly nothing. Any comments, Yanni?
Mogadishu jones' vote everyone- A bit out of character for him, but I don't generally try to game the player. In my mind
this is akin to gaming the mod. I haven't exactly read a lot of his games either.
Seems rather early to be voting for people but what do i know?

Vote: Captain Murphy

amidoingthisrite?
"is this what townies do? Can I be town"- not very natural. fos: imopen2. Another bad or scum dilemma.

Manders asking for a soft-claim and then asking about what to soft claim, as has been stated, is very suspicious. The inquiry as to what to soft claim sounds like she's trying to get another player to reveal something, however I don't see what relevant information she could acquire. We'll see how this one plays out.

Still no word from killjoy or teef.

It occurs to me that Ximbad is the only player in the game that I would expect to know what he's doing while basically posting nothing. I would like to know more about everything I commented on, but what Ximbad didn't say feels the most relevant to me.

unvote: the
guardian

vote: ximbad
So you fos me but you think ximbad and yanni are the scum?

:eyebrow:

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:50 pm

RVS posts, for the most part, are useful in 3 sceanarios, 1. when we have dead scum and
we can look at interactions from that person 2. when a town member is dead and we can look at interactions from that person.
3. how people react to RVS posts and how it paints them in a scum/town light.

I think that you're grasping at straws when attacking me for doing something that is pretty common in almost all mafia games.
Rvs posts are pretty useless except when we catch people like you trying to steadfastly defend it. unvote: vote yanni

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:37 am

RVS posts, for the most part, are useful in 3 sceanarios, 1. when we have dead scum
and we can look at interactions from that person 2. when a town member is dead and we can look at interactions from that person.

You have reads and still refuse to generate constructive comments. Your job is to convince me that you're the worst town ever, or I will maintain that you're scum.

unvote: ximbad
vote: yanni

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:43 am

Interesting post. Only members of the mafia know to a certainty how many of them there are. I would assume 2-3, but I have no reason to believe one number over the other. You're absolutely a suspicious character thus far and this post helps you none. It's also laughable that your claim against me is that I don't definitively believe you to be scum. As per your request you're officially ahead of Ximbad on the list.

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:18 am

sry guys i was doing new years parties i have read shit and will post when i'm not super hung over peace out

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:20 am

though with just a glossy read kp and phanty seem to have some sort of agenda maybe idk they are friends but they are being a bit too friendly but what do i know i have only slept for 2 hours

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:20 am

though yanni is obv obv playing like a dork i think he is just dumb rather than scummy but again i will re read

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:21 am

Interesting post. Only members of the mafia know to a certainty how many of them there are. I would assume 2-3, but I have no reason to believe one number over the other. You're absolutely a suspicious character thus far and this post helps you none. It's also laughable that your claim against me is that I don't definitively believe you to be scum. As per your request you're officially ahead of Ximbad on the list.
dokay :munch:

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Of course I have reads, when did I say I didn't

RVS posts, for the most part, are useful in 3 sceanarios, 1. when we have dead scum and we can look at interactions from that person 2. when a town member is dead and we can look at interactions from that person.

You have reads and still refuse to generate constructive comments. Your job is to convince me that you're the worst town ever, or I will maintain that you're scum.

unvote: ximbad
vote: yanni
lol fun times. I'm not exposing my reads until Manders comes in and explains why she wants to softclaim.
Rvs posts are pretty useless except when we catch people like you trying to steadfastly defend it.
unvote: vote yanni
how am I steadfastly defending my RVS posts as opposed to defending the practice of RVS in mafia entirely?

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:02 pm

Lol how is that even a question?

Answer: through text

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Why, Manders, do you want a soft-claim? And after suggesting it, why not go specific with what your idea of a soft claim might be?
Because I'm just stimulating discussion?

I know nothing of Adventure Time.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Like, seriously, you guys actually thought I had a NEFARIOUS PLOT in mind behind asking about a soft claim?

GTFOOH. (Get The Fuck Out Of Here for anyone who doesn't know.)

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Lol how is that even a question?

Answer: through text
lol yeah because we were having a discussion about RVS or at least I was, not my posts specifically

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:40 pm

How could we have a discussion about RVS without calling your posts into question?

"I was talking about math, that has nothing to do with the number 7!"

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:11 am

Yanni, if my answer was so important that you made it a point to mention it in a previous post, why did you just ignore that you'd obtained it?

Killjoy
Newcomer

Postby Killjoy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:17 am

I'll read up tonight. New years was fun.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:37 am

[quote="[url=viewtopic.php?p=22175#p22175:33id95sk]PhantomS » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:12 am[/url:33id95sk]":33id95sk]Meant captain murphy's rhyming post, not yannis. Also, in case it wasn't clear yanni is not too far behind ximbad on my list of shady characters.[/quote:33id95sk]
I make my RVS posts relevant and I wanted the first post of the game to be a quick rhyme

But I do love the one guy in every game who makes an uproar about RVS and votes people for caring about RVS while not realizing that saying you don't care about RVS and voting for someone is practically caring about RVS because your whole argument is "R-V-S"

Yanni posts like a tard when he is town and aggressively as mafia so he is not worth your time phantom. I do find the string of imopen2 posts though...

[b:33id95sk]unvote[/b:33id95sk]

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:41 am

Because I'm just stimulating discussion?

I know nothing of Adventure Time.
Seems like a dumb way to stimulate discussion and just points a massive glowing neon sign at you.

If you have no idea about adventure time then a soft claim would be completely pointless, so why do it? I don't understand your reasoning.

I don't like the idea of soft claiming or any claiming at all this early in the game for no reason, kind
of feel like it is a bit disrespectful to the game mod.

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:46 am

someone do a vote count for me i am lazy

Return to “Completed Games”