Gone Postal Mafia - Game Over - Scum Win

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:19 pm

Take that back yes, I have, I played one on ms a long time ago, but I only vaguely remember it and can't be bothered to find it

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:46 pm

my second letter from night 1:

Sadly, I do not have anything else useful to say toNight, especially considering I'm wary of divulging anything important to a potential scumread. For this reason, I'm sending my mail anonymously.

Love and Suspicion,
~GGtap
Note the distinct spelling of "toNight" in Pie's message to you. I did a thread search for the word "tonight"
and got 47 results. In every instance where Pie used it, he spelled it without the weird capital N. Iso used that spelling, but he's only here after replacing on post-NK.

You posting the message 10 minutes after Wraith derp-posted the message he got without making you confirm the GGtap means you could have forged it to look town and cast suspicion on Wraith while making Red look more town.

The message looks a lot more formal than the one Wraith posted. Why doesn't the tone match?

Dechs, since you have the exact text of this anonymous message, please confirm that it came from Pie tonight.

Note also that Dechs claims to have received Red's mail while some of us had ours switched around. The "Stardust is sexy as hell" thing could be communicated in a mafia QT.

Fishy shit, dudebros.
Remember this? I posted it last week but got no interest. It kept bothering me, especially after I caught that 3 Pie letter thing, so I did a search for the word "tonight" in
the mafia subforum, limited to every author that was in the game on day 1 and 2 to see if anyone spelled it that way. I found this -
Yup.

Do we know if the person we vote to be Judge can be recruited toNight?
Jack was the only player here who has ever spelled it this way. It was from Peddle Mafia, the game that ended right before this started.

Then, for lulz, I searched Pie's posts and found this shiny gem.

<irrelevant stuff snipped out>

p.s. - y'all and your capitalizations when saying toDay and toNight drives me up a wall. just sayin'.
There's no way Pie wrote the letter Jack posted, I think Jack forged it himself.
Wraith could be in on it, but Jack could have forged the letter to Wraith as well, which explains Dechs' ability giving an inaccurate result.

Vote Jack
fos Wraith

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:59 pm

I have no response to this. Can't explain it. Maybe it was an attempt to make me think it wasn't from him? If it was it sailed straight over my head.
Sig by NBW.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:38 pm

Here's what I think went down:

Day 1 you switched from an active LMD wagon to a raspy wagon to get town cred, likely because you have an important scum role. You send the GGtap letter to yourself with "toNight" silliness.

Day 2 you say you've received an anonymous letter, mention being surprised it's not from Pie, but never post it. Here, Pie asks why you're surprised, but you never answer him.

Later that day, a wagon starts on you which gets you to L-2. Wraith derails slightly by switching to a MoJo vote, then Pie goes on a hard tunnel on rez, distracting the rest of us and eventually lynching the best power role in the game when and Wraith quickhammers him against C_P's wishes.

Night 2 you write a fake Pie letter to Wraith, jail me so my vig fails, then post the two letters after Wraith derps the GGtap
reveal. There's no way Pie would have written that he sent you the letter N1 AND gave instruction to have you reveal the secret author name. Since you had already killed io2 and Pie, there was nobody to call bullshit on this.

Dechs' ability either returned Pie as the author since you forged them under his name, or Dechs is your scum buddy and is faking results.

Note that the whole thing still works if your buddy is the jailer and you're the forger. It just takes more coordination in the scum QT which we know you have from raspy's flip.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:44 pm

Also,

fos Dechs Kaison in case Wraith is being used as a pawn.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:54 pm

Also,

fos Dechs Kaison in case Wraith is being used as a pawn.

:B not the first time that has happened to me.

Like your theory a lot. Slightly subjective, but explains much of the game. After reading the use of words from the mail, I am thoroughly impressed with your work. Thus I am down with a Jack lynch as this is descent evidence I can vote with. The LMD vote was just lacking any clear data besides circumstantial evidence. The only problem with Jack being scum is that the theory of Jack actually protecting you us still viable. It would the inverse relationship of the ham theory. Also, we can not be sure you (ham) did actually
send a bomb and it is ham who is setting up the trap. Every time we get close to an LMD lynch; a counter wagon is created. Not accusing ham, but offering a differential opinion. Ham's work appears legit and my points are just to cover all bases. For now,

Unvote
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
Commander- Kaalia (Dega) and Nekusar (Grixis)
Modern- UB Faeries and Splinter Twin
Standard- Mono-black Devotion
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:09 pm

Unvote
Vote Jack

Let's make this happen then.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:51 am

Vote Jack

After thinking about it more, it is a way better information and scum read lynch than LMD. Also, I went back and looked at his durp mail use question that Rez and I thought was really off. It is a subjective read of whether he is really confused or laying the groundwork for a scum play. I think that weird post from Jack was indicative of this mail trick to throw us off.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:28 am

Ugh, fine. LMD, looks like a second failed wagon against you...

unvote
Vote Jack

Ham presents a very good case. Pie could not have sent three letters and he has no reason to lie. Either my power is unreliable (like the forensic linguistics it's flavored after) or it's been fooled by forgery. Seeing as one scum could forge mail, it's not outside possibility that all of them can.
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:04 am

You said it yourself, I have no reason to lie. I don't know why the hell pie would do that (maybe he was hoping I'd post it the next day so he could confirm it, if so, big misplay on my part), but it happened. Don't throw this game away. My reveal tells very little (if it did, I'd know the scum team by now), and only forces you to lynch two scum in a row.

But, say I am lynched, and become confirmed town. Who are the other two people on the scum team? Help me out here.
Sig by NBW.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:38 am

Jack, if you flip town, I immediately suspect some pair from Dechs, Wraith and LMD because who the fuck else could it be?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:43 am

Between my master vig plan and all the mental energy I spent thinking about the 3 Pie letters, I've blown my wad for this game. If this doesn't solve it, the scum team has me beat and my hat is off to them.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:28 am

Out of town this weekend, will see if I can make a post tomorrow some time, otherwise don't expect a post until late Sunday or Monday

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:32 am

Out of town this weekend, will see if I can make a post tomorrow some time, otherwise don't expect a post until late Sunday or Monday
FINALLY YOU ADMIT BEING SCUM, HUH?!?

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:34 am

If Jack is town, LMD is scum and there's a chance ham is, too.

Also, nobody send me any mail because I really can't be arsed to post it when I get it.

That said, while ham's theory is cute, I won't be moving my vote toDay.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:45 am

Votecount!

Wraith223(1) - Lord_Mcdonalds
Lord_McDonalds(2) - Jack, Iso
RedNihilist(0)
Dechs Kaison(0)
Jack(4) - Hamfactorial, Red_Nihilist, Wraith223, Dechs Kaison
Iso(0)
Cursed Pride(0)
Hamfactorial(0)

Not Voting - Cursed Pride

With 8 Alive it is 5 to Lynch

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:49 am

-I have a hard time believing hamfactorial as scum. He's claimed one-shot vigilante and has been increasingly genuine in his efforts to find scum.

-If Jack flips town, I want to lynch Iso, then Lord_McDonalds, in that order.

I want Lord_McDonalds to test his ability tonight, with RN Mail Tracking him.

Jack's last post is a bunch of fearmongering (it only forces you to lynch two in a row). Only thing that's saving him, sort of, is the pseudo doc claim.

I will probably hammer if everyone has finished discussion.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:10 am

why on earth would jack flipping town make me scum

do you think about what you post before you post it
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:55 am

Why lynch iso before LMD, C_P?
Sig by NBW.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:33 pm

If Jack flips town, just lynch me to verify that I was really a vig and just fell victim to xxxtreme tunneling.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:58 pm

I'm back! Thanks to Kaze for filling in for me.

Votecount!

Wraith223 (1): Lord_Mcdonalds
Lord_Mcdonalds (2): Jack, Iso
Jack (4): hamfactorial, RedNihilist, Wraith223, Dechs Kaison

Not voting: Cursed_Pride

With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
҉

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:08 pm

Yeah I'm curious about this as well

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:46 am

-As far as I'm concerned, the Lord_McDonalds, Iso, and Jack group contains the final scum. Everyone else is behaviorally cleared in my mind, or cleared through associations.

Your slot has been MIA this game, and I'm always wary of letting those players get to lylo. -In addition, there's some naggling inconsistencies that I've pointed out.

If Jack flips town, that confirms a L_McD and Iso scumteam, and I think I'm more sure of my scumread on you.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:40 am

There are no inconsistencies that I can recall you pointing out; additionally, my playstyle holds few to no inconsistencies, especially when I'm scum - so for you to think you've found anything that indicates a scumIso is ludicrous in itself, as scumIso very seldom makes mistakes.

If Jack is scum, are you suggesting that the final scum is LMD? Or that I am? And if all 3 of us are town, or even 2?

Either way, I suggest you re-examine your reads, as you're missing something in the event that Jack [likely] flips town.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:21 am

crickets
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:14 am

LMD should be flooding the game with content any minute now.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:06 am

we should lynch him anyway
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:42 pm

I think everyone is busy with Father's Day, and waiting for C_P to fish or cut bait.

An LMD vote is fine with me, but ham has provided actual evidence instead of the circumstantial/associative evidence we have on LMD.

Happy Father's Day to the dads playing this game and on dies to removal.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:50 pm

There are no inconsistencies that I can recall you pointing out; additionally, my playstyle holds few to no inconsistencies, especially when I'm scum - so for you to think you've found anything that indicates a scumIso is ludicrous in itself, as scumIso very seldom makes mistakes.

If Jack is scum, are you suggesting that the final scum is LMD? Or that I am? And if all 3 of us are town, or even 2?

Either way, I suggest you re-examine your reads, as you're missing something in the event that Jack [likely] flips town.
-I have solidified my townie-reads here:
-Unless RedNihilist has a guilty check on Wraith, I have become comfortable with my Wraith town read that I hastily
discarded during Day 2. If he's scum this game he's played extremely well, and I see the request to replace out and self vote as being very genuine.
-Normally I would be wary of unverified vig claims but hamfactorial's reveal is very townie, and his Day 1 behavior reaffirms my townie-read on him.
-I'm willing to accept Dechs Kaison as highly enthusiastic town. -I haven't really seem anything scummy from him besides his bandwagonny votes.
-RedNihilist is still highly likely town due to his conviction regarding Wraith, and his associative tells regarding rcwraspy.
Do you disagree with any of them? That only leaves you, LMD, and Jack.

-hamfactorial, do you think Jack is a mafia Cloaker? His proving of his ability in regards to Dechs Kaison is the only reason why I haven't cast the hammer vote yet.

I will hammer sometime today.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:55 pm

I might disagree with your read on Dechs. rcw might be scum, too, but I don't think he's posted since I replaced in?
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:01 pm

rcw was lynched Day 1.

This is Dechs Kaison's first game, and I have trouble reconciling how helpful and eager he is with a scum newbie mentality.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:52 pm

CP:

Jack being a mafia jailer is a configuration that helps me figure out my vig failing last night and the 3 Pie letter mess. It's the one that makes the most sense to me, though it's certainly complicated.

He could also be the one forging emails and his buddy is the jailer, but everything seems to swirl around his claimed ability and letters he received from/to the 2 night kills so far.

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:05 am

-Does that jive with Dech's bounced back mail?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:59 am

If Stardust wrote the role to block mail, it would. We also don't know if Dechs really wrote the test mail, as both he and Wraith are suspect to me. I just can't figure out which.

I'll try the vig again though, in case I was blocked and the ability wasn't consumed.

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:43 am

-I think that Wraith and Dechs are town, respectively.

If you're alive and I'm dead, I want you to focus on Iso and LMD.

Lynch Vote Jack

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:27 am

C_P:

Do you still think Iso is more suspect than LMD? You said to go in that order if Jack flips town, what if he's scum? Does the order change?

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:06 am

-If he's scum we analyze his associations and we have a mislynch to spare.

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:31 am

You guys know what you're doing now, right? Sorry I didn't say anything before, but I really had nothing to refute Ham's case on me.
Sig by NBW.

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:32 am

<--has never intentionally lied this whole game
Sig by NBW.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:17 am

You could come up with a T/S list in order to help town while you still can, you know? :0

Return to “Completed Games”