--- Dies To Removal --- MTGO Clan

Online Magic formats (MODO/Cockatrice/Apprentice/MWS/Duels of the Planeswalkers)

Moderator: ( G_R )

Pedros
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Pedros » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Yeah, Lazer debunked the pairing myth with an ORC earlier this year (its a shame because I really believed it).

That said rating does help you form an indication on that level your on since its just based on your win percentage etc:

Less than 1500: Terrible
1500-1600: Bad, or at least very new.
1600-1700: Average. Typical of Friday Night Magic.
1700-1800: Slightly above average.
1800-1900: Good. Able to win PTQs. <-- my current level sadly
1900-2000: Very good. Potential Pro Tour caliber. <-- my level during the PyroWhite and Cawblade days
2000+: Rare Skill. Pro Tour regular. <--- is it even possible

[url=http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/misc/9198_
Getting_To_Know_Your_DCI_Rating.html]Information source[/url]

Member from our board like Josh Silvestri and Zem also rate the rating system highly, as do I.

- - - - - - - -

How did we get on this topic, anyway I agree that the communal effect really help solidify a deck list - the main problem is (as far as I can tell) is that this community is mainly R which is an issue if you love the G based strategies and for me I like anything R which produced me results (so unless M15 makes burn bad I'll have trouble not running it).

It also seem that we enjoy playing Game of Thrones the DtR version during our "debates" as well :tongue:

- - - - - - - - -

Back on the EV topic, I notice the .20 increase mid yesterday - I truly hope its a good sign
About the rating you are probably right. I am currently sitting on ~1750, however on PyroWhite days I went around ~1850. Just remember most of the time you loose big and win small, so it is really hard to stay on top when you are trying different decks (I tested almost every deck in standard at some point, and lost big points with some of them ;/)

About R deck - I noticed the fact people here love it, however I did the best with red when I look back:

PyroRed ~~ GP Vienna time
PyroRed ~~ PTQ Time

those decks were similar, however different

Grixis Control ~~ WMCQ, time when Lingering Souls Delver was most popular, brewed by myself to destroy delver variants, didnt face a single one in swiss when field was 40% of it. Missed top 8 by loosing to Grand Architect on a win and in, 50% of top 8 was delver ...

So am looking for something with red going on for WMCQ

I dont know about burn to be honest, do see why it shouldnt be good right now, however it seems it is pushed by RDW in the agressive department.
Sig by NerdBoyWonder

Pedros
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pedros » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:56 pm

BTW MDU, looking at the current standard, doesnt it seem like PyroWhite aka WalterWhite should be good right now? Or is it just worse than burn as a deck of choice?
Sig by NerdBoyWonder

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:46 pm

BTW MDU, looking at the current standard, doesnt it seem like PyroWhite aka WalterWhite should be good right now? Or is it just worse than burn as a deck of choice?
I think PyroBlack would be the better choice now since the manabase improved and abrupt decay is a thing (though Boros Charm vs Control will be missed).

That said - I like how PyroBlack is looking in the current meta-game my main fear would be Searing Blood - if you can get around that problem you'll have a fairly powerful deck.

Enjoy Pauper, Standard, Momir, Modern and Music? then visit my channel: Video Link

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:49 pm

I still have like 20 vma boosters...should I hold them? Sell them?
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:53 pm

I still have like 20 vma boosters...should I hold them? Sell them?
OMG your rich..... you have to ask Pedros, I think they'll go up because Vintage Master Ended but on that same train of thought they may go down BECAUSE Vintage Master has ended...... right now you can sell them for 6.9 tickets each (which is .9 higher then it was 2 days ago).

Enjoy Pauper, Standard, Momir, Modern and Music? then visit my channel: Video Link

Pedros
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pedros » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:56 pm

You can buy them from shop for 7$. I dont think they will go higher.

As for Seering Blood arent you guys discarding this?

If only Cabal Therapy is reprinted in M15 :P
Sig by NerdBoyWonder

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:58 pm

You can buy them from shop for 7$. I dont think they will go higher.
In that case IO2 sell them right now! Encase a drop happen 6.9 is a good price if the store offers them for 7 :p (will the store still sell them on Wednesday? that is when VM officially ends)
As for Searing Blood arent you guys discarding this? If only Cabal Therapy is reprinted in M15 :P
Only the DtR guys are if you go online most people are
still on 3-4 Searing Bloods

Pedros
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pedros » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:00 pm

If I remember correctly Tomoharu Saito was also playing without Seering Blood, so if you also play without it, I guess more and more lists will also disregard it.

How does PyroBlack shell look like? I wasnt interested at that time as I was trying out Dos Packis, and then moved to burn after checking all crazy decks.

I guess 1 drops, YP, Ash Zealot? Eidolon? , Chandra Phoenix, probably Tymareth and Flamespeaker?
Sig by NerdBoyWonder

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:32 am

If you need help, let me know. I have gotten OBS and the beta to run reasonably well together for a while now. Maybe one day I will start streaming again myself.
I would love some assistance, I've resorted too recording my Monitor Screen too make OBS work.... which isn't ideal.

Would you know a better way?

BlakLanner
Tire Aficionado

Postby BlakLanner » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:59 pm

That is how you have to do it. I am capturing a specific area of the monitor that the game runs on. I crop it down so I can fit things a bit better. It does use a bit more CPU to do it that way.
DCI Rules Advisor
MTGO/Cockatrice: BlakLanner
My YouTube Channel
BlakLanner is the boogeyman created to scare the little Standard players.
Currently Playing
Standard: [mana]RWU[/mana]Jeskai
Modern: [mana]RWG[/mana]Burn, [mana]GRWUR[/mana]Slivers
Legacy: [mana]R[/mana]Burn
EDH: [mana]RWGUB[/mana]Sliver Overlord, [mana]UW[/mana]Geist of Saint Traft (Tiny Leaders)
Current decklists are posted here

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:16 pm

That is how you have to do it. I am capturing a specific area of the monitor that the game runs on. I crop it down so I can fit things a bit better. It does use a bit more CPU to do it that way.
Explains why I always wondered why my files were so big. I did the same thing. Trying to remember the crop command for OBS.

BlakLanner
Tire Aficionado

Postby BlakLanner » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:52 pm

When you set the window, you can select a sub area. THat is how you crop. You can also change the size of the sub area you select after you create it with the properties menu.
DCI Rules Advisor
My YouTube Channel
Currently Playing
EDH: [mana]RWGUB[/mana]Sliver Overlord, [mana]UW[/mana]Geist of Saint Traft (Tiny Leaders)

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:07 am

[b:3d45kw3n]Important information:[/b:3d45kw3n]

[b:3d45kw3n][color=#0000FF:3d45kw3n]1) [u:3d45kw3n]July 6, 2014: MOCS4 Appreciation Event[/u:3d45kw3n] All events begin at 9:00 AM. All times are PDT (for UTC, add 7 hours)[/color:3d45kw3n][/b:3d45kw3n]

This event will feature Clan on Clan violence assuming we don't scrub out early:
Zem
Pedros
Kait
MDU

- - - - - - -

Jedi_Knight (if he logs on)
A few others (this was during the LED grind fest, so I'm sure we have more)

[color=#0000BF:3d45kw3n][b:3d45kw3n]2) Limited Event Parties [url=http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 3:3d45kw3n](source)[/url:3d45kw3n][/b:3d45kw3n][/color:3d45kw3n]

[b:3d45kw3n]Magic Online Holiday Cube (in July!)[/b:3d45kw3n]
Magic Online Holiday Cube (in July!) Swiss Event
Magic Online Holiday Cube (in July!) Single Elimination Event

[b:3d45kw3n]Magic Online Modern
Masters Flashback Draft[/b:3d45kw3n]
Modern Masters Single Elimination 8-4 Draft Queues
Modern Masters Swiss Draft Queues

[b:3d45kw3n]Magic Online 12th Anniversary Events[/b:3d45kw3n]
Magic Online 12th Anniversary Event Qualifiers 7/2-7-8
Magic Online 12th Anniversary Event Qualifiers 7/9-7-15
Magic Online 12th Anniversary Event Finals

Zendikar, Ravnica, Theros, Innistrad, and all the other greatest planes are coming to party for the Anniversary Event Qualifiers.

[color=#0000BF:3d45kw3n][b:3d45kw3n]3) Force BETA "please try me gift" [url=http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 1:3d45kw3n](source)[/url:3d45kw3n][/b:3d45kw3n][/color:3d45kw3n]

To show our appreciation for your immense patience, true desire to help, and constructive feedback, during the downtime before the Magic 2015 Prereleases begin, we will be granting every account that has logged in to Magic Online since April 2008 one each of the five M15
Prerelease objects and 35 phantom points. We will be setting up special Sealed Deck Prerelease queues over M15's first weekend that will accept one Prerelease object and 35 phantom points as entry, but which are played with real packs (you keep what you open/draft) and pay out in real prizes. So whether you'd like to take us up on an M15 Prerelease on the house, or if you want to save those phantom points for later use (Holiday Cube returns July 16, for example!), that's entirely up to you.

[size=150:3d45kw3n]Basically, make sure you play at least 1 game and you'll be rewarded.[/size:3d45kw3n]

[color=#0000BF:3d45kw3n][b:3d45kw3n]4) DtR exclusive: Big update is coming for Beta after the next DT - Beta (source a ORC)[/b:3d45kw3n][/color:3d45kw3n]

[b:3d45kw3n][color=#800000:3d45kw3n]Guys do these mini-reports help or should I just stop? I mean if you do read the mothership every now and again you'll know it all already[/color:3d45kw3n][/b:3d45kw3n]

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:18 am

I appreciate it.

F.I.A

Postby F.I.A » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:42 am

Got 10 THS boosters, but not sure if I should be selling them out for tickets when they are 2.84 each. Guess I will wait longer.

LaZerBurn
Tire Aficionado

Postby LaZerBurn » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:55 am

@ MDU - yes they help! I rely on you and don't bother to read the Mothership :) Also I've been using the Beta and while it is annoying it's not actually THAT bad, fingers crossed the big update makes it even better :)
Last edited by LaZerBurn on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the awesome sig :)

LaZerBurn
Tire Aficionado

Postby LaZerBurn » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:00 am

@ Keith/L.D. - these are very useful resources for MTGO info

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/ - online decklists, meta breakdown etc
http://mtgo-stats.com/ - online decklists, meta breakdown etc
http://mtgowikiprice.com/ - FANTASTIC resource for card prices, can save/make you LOTS of tix
http://mtgoclanteam.com/cards.html - usually give the best price on boosters when you're selling
partyboosterbot - a bot that is also worth checking before selling/buying
goatbots - usually the cheapest Bots on MTGO

If you need decks/cards I'm also more than happy to lend anything I'm not using

LaZerBurn
Tire Aficionado

Postby LaZerBurn » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:01 am

Welcome back F.I.A :)

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Just threw away game 4 of a DE. I'm at 5, his side of board is mana dorks plus stormbreath with enough to monstrous. I scry down the mortars because he has a mutavault that he could have used to stop for lethal. I didn't think about the fact that he can't pay the mana for both the vault and monstrous. Thought my only out was a burn spell. Shrug.

Edit: I'm so upset :tears: . Why I have this tunnel vision obsession I will not know. Except for my complete lack of practice, that is.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:35 am

Just threw away game 4 of a DE. I'm at 5, his side of board is mana dorks plus stormbreath with enough to monstrous. I scry down the mortars because he has a mutavault that he could have used to stop for lethal. I didn't think about the fact that he can't pay the mana for both the vault and monstrous. Thought my only out was a burn spell. Shrug.

Edit: I'm so upset :tears: . Why I have this tunnel vision obsession I will not know. Except for my complete lack of practice, that is.
3-1 is still solid EV, hopefully we can all learn from the mistakes (viva YouTube).

EDIT: THS is almost 2.9 now - it will drop alittle on Mon-Tues because of MOCS Appreciation payouts but things are looking up.

P.S. Kait don't forget too Q up for MOCS4 Appreciation Event, so far it doesn't look like Z will be playing so it will most likely be just us 3 (Pedros, MDU and Kait) - I've already stocked up on caffeine (unless the 2-3 other manage to logon and read about the event).

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:49 am

Still haven't gotten a hang of how to make the video all that clear. Going from 1440x900 resolution to 16:9 has been kind of rough on it I think.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:59 am

Still haven't gotten a hang of how to make the video all that clear. Going from 1440x900 resolution to 16:9 has been kind of rough on it I think.
Interesting, I doubt wondershare is giving you any issues - are you having problems cropping with OBS? (I'm not that experienced with BETA) From my understanding all you need to do is double click on your monitor capture tab, pick sub-region then customize it too what ever setting suits you (for me that 1900 : 1158).

Please note once you upload the videos on YouTube they won't look clear until you pick (HD) mode while you viewing them.

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:53 pm

That may be it, I'm cropping it in such a way that it's probably messing with resolution. It's not that bad I guess in the final product.

I think that one that was still showing processing was one that I cancelled partway through.

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:39 pm

I'm starting to do voice overs of my misplays, heh. Missed a chance of burning out a blue white opponent because I opened the game with 16 burn and scried down shock for something more powerful. The sequencing would have been tricky but I would have had him.

BlakLanner
Tire Aficionado

Postby BlakLanner » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:43 pm

Part of that is because you are using a 16:10 resolution. Are you using an overlay of any sort or are you just transmitting the game window?
DCI Rules Advisor
My YouTube Channel
Currently Playing

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Just transmitting the game window, I also forgot I had downscaled the resolution in OBS. The newer ones are looking better.

650 MB videos but at least I'm not squinting.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Any up/downscaling will make the video blurry, so the best way to make things sharp is to set your MTGO window to a 16:9 size (720p or 1080p preferred) and crop OBS down so you're broadcasting at 1:1 scale. I do this for my twitch stream and broadcast at full resolution, nice and sharp.

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:20 pm

Done, thanks.

Boarded in flamespeaker in all my games. Saw it once, instantly ate a doom blade and screened for my mutavaults. My mission continues.

Pyro Force
Newcomer

Postby Pyro Force » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:25 pm

Any chance at an invite? I'm Pyrosynthisis on MTGO

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:38 am

have you ever wondered what the voice of the devil sounds like? did you ever expect it would sound like every other nerd in the whole world?

please visit my limited videos thread if you like draft and sealed, provide feedback and let me know if you'd like to see more videos on the DTR front page

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=2777&view=unread#unread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDsLWFKiAOM
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:36 am

video wasn't starting at the beginning, believe i fixed it

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:47 am

video wasn't starting at the beginning, believe i fixed it

it worked for me when I clicked on it, thanks for upping this I'll basically watching anything which is limited and has the picking / decking side included :)

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:59 am

have you ever wondered what the voice of the devil sounds like? did you ever expect it would sound like every other nerd in the whole world?
Actually, I think that's how the devil sounds in my nightmares. Going through it now.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:21 am

thanks for watching, happy to make more if people are into limited vids

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:27 am

I'm enjoying it and definitely need the help.

So the big question is, how much are you planning on selling that Bronze Sable for?
Last edited by Elricity on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

LaZerBurn
Tire Aficionado

Postby LaZerBurn » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:55 am

thanks for watching, happy to make more if people are into limited vids
Thanks Kaits! This is great, I'll watch whatever you put up, :love: your commentary! :)

I think the comparison vid would be great, especially if you can get in on the front page in time for the switch. I've thought about doing one myself but frankly I think you'll do a better job! :)

For the record my main gripes are why is the gaming screen crap, why are there no smilies in chat, why does everything open in a new window
(chatting in game is a fucking pain on Beta) and WTF can't I sort my cards by name without fucking about putting them into piles first WOTC, you cunts! :D
Last edited by LaZerBurn on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:15 am

I'm trying out uploading the videos in reverse order so they naturally play front to back. Not sure if that's irritating for people or not. Slowly uploading these when I'm not hogging the internet connection.

LaZerBurn
Tire Aficionado

Postby LaZerBurn » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:34 am

Any chance at an invite? I'm Pyrosynthisis on MTGO
Sent :)

On a general note - why do some of you have diff nics on here and on MTGO when you don't have to? Yes I know I have too much time on my hands :D

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:46 pm

THS will most likely hit $3.00 sometime now and until the end of MOCS4 Appreciation Event (in which the price will drop for a short while).

I have 263 THS boosters right now, I'm going to try and hold out while I play MOCS4 Appreciation Event and sell around 13 THS just before the MOCS4 Appreciation Event cash-out.

EDIT: And the price dropped again :sweat: I'm guessing more people were expecting the MOCS4 Appreciation Event booster flood so they offloaded the stock early at the 2.99 rate.

Pedros
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pedros » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:02 pm

Does anyone have Flamespeakers and Mana Confluences that I could borrow ?
Sig by NerdBoyWonder

Return to “Magic Online”