Neo-Sledgehammer red?

Threads from Standard formats since passed.

Moderators: Kaitscralt, zemanjaski, Christen

warwizard87
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Neo-Sledgehammer red?

Postby warwizard87 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:16 pm

im sure we all rember the deck that brought many of us FOS guys together Sladgehammer red ( yeah i know dos rekies was first but blah)
[deck]
4 Ash Zealot
4 Gore-House Chainwalker
4 Hellrider
4 Pyreheart Wolf
4 Rakdos Cackler
4 Stromkirk Noble
4 Thundermaw Hellkite

1 Bonfire of the Damned
2 Pillar of Flame
4 Searing Spear

22 Mountain
3 Hellion Crucible

Sideboard
4 Flames of the Firebrand
1 Hellion Crucible
2 Hound of Griselbrand
2 Mizzium Mortars
2 Pillar of Flame
2 Stonewright
2 Thunderbolt[/deck]

well looking at the current card pool it seems, we might be able to bring back a build of this, of course the deck revolved around the mana sum theroy so we will try to stick with utilizing every mana every turn,

1 drops

i feel only 2 relevant dudes here, Firedrinker Satyr and Foundry Street Denizen, Monastery Swift Spear is possible but i think FDS and FSD ability to run
over the Mana wall is big enough to warrant them the first looks.

spell wise kind of limited to two cards, magma spray and that is sideboard at best, and Chained to the Rocks which if it splashes white is a 4 of in the 75.

2 drops
We definitely lose quality here with no Ash Zealot, however, we do find some gold in Eidolon of the Great Revel, War-Name Aspirant both of which are just great dudes. I do however feel Generator Servent is the best 2 drop overall for reasons what will become apparent quickly.

Lightning strike, magma jet, searing blood yeah we got the 2 drops covered, Im not sure which i like better but it will most likely be some mix of those 3 taking up to 7 spots in the deck. proly 4 Strike 3 Jet i dunno yet.

Ride Down, might be good if you need a 5th chained. if 4 is enough this card is a worse chained to the rocks most of the time.

3 drops
this is were it gets juicy, Rabblemaster is a OBVIOUS inclusion, Prophetic Flamespeaker can quickly pull us ahead in card advantage.
n
Arc Lightning, Anger of the Gods, yeah these are GREAT against the rabble red decks for when we become the control deck. Hammer of prophorous.....possible sideboard card. Banishing Light sideboard catch all? Harness by Force another good sideboard role player.

4 drops
Chandra......YES. she does everything but the dishes. she gets us through, does damage, and draws cards. instant inclusion
Fanatic of Megosi....if the deck ends up looking like it can get a decent devotion to red then sure.
ironas, god of Victory really good with rabblermaster but not sure if needed.
Purporous, god of the forge another good guy with rabblemaster but is he needed?

Stoke the Flames so powerful, kills most dudes in the format, and most players i think its at lest a 2 of.

5 drops
Stormbreath Dragon....4 of all day long, the fact you can drop this turn 3 of generator servant is insane. his monstrous is realistic as well.
Sarken...umm yes yes....he is dragon 5,6,7 or 8 (maybe to many) but also a solid removal spell
and all around bad ass. and yes you can slam on 3 with Generator Servent.

x spells
Craters Claws, its not devils play but its solid, could be a good finisher.

Ill go back and add card tags later once i work up a couple deck lists. also dosnt help my girlfriends laptop has 5 percent battery left and she has the cord atm. well discuss guys. i think this could be something real here.
I swear to God, every thread we make falls victim to Godwin's law except instead of Hitler it's redthirst's piece.

Return to “Archives”