GOP Candidates Mafia 2016 - GAME OVER - PATAKI TAKES ALL

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Manders » Tue May 17, 2016 11:55 pm

I'd be interested to see the full setup, Manders. Balancing a game this small without mostly vanillas is a tough task.
Town Roles:

Super Doctor (Bobby Jindal) - During Night, you may choose one player. That player will be protected from a kill attempt.
Last Resort: Once per game, you may opt to prevent all kill attempts that Night. You will lose your ability once this is used.

Party Poser (Jeb Bush) - During Day or Night, you may PM me the name of one dead player. You will inherit their ability until the next Day begins. You will not inherit their Last Resort.
Last Resort: Once per game, you may PM me the name of a dead player. You will inherit their ability for the rest of the game, but you will only be able to make 1 post with content per day. You may vote, use smilies, and quote people, but you yourself may not post words.

Distractor (Chris Christie) - At night, you may PM me the names of 2 players. Any abilities used on the first named player will instead target the second named player.
Last Resort: Once per Game, you may PM me the name of one player. During that time period, that player will be untargetable. You will lose your ability once this is used.

Party Investigative Committee (group of 3 Town cops) (Scott Walker, Lindsey Graham, Jim Gilmore) - At Night, you may agree on one player to target. You will be told the alignment of that player. You only have this ability as long as all of you are alive.
Last Resort: Once per game, you may choose to put it all on the line. If you do, you will be told the name of one of the Mafia team members, but one of you will die that night. This death will be randomized.

Cult Leader:

Libertarian Recruiter (Rand Paul, obv)
Wins when recruits 3 members to convert to Libertarianism. All those recruited win as well.
If CL recruits Mafia once, loses his ability the next Night.
If CL recruits Mafia twice, dies and party loses. Recruitments will go back to their previous alignment.
(I'm not sure if I should make Mafia members able to be recruited, because if one gets in, they could convince CL to recruit the other, killing CL and having that member go back to Mafia with God knows what kind of information. I'm leaning no.)

Mafia Roles:

VP Candidate (George Pataki)- If investigated, will get Town result.
Last Resort: Daykill, no longer Godfather role.

Party Spy (Rick Santorum) - Standard Tracker ability
Last Resort: NK doubler, uses ability once used.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue May 17, 2016 11:57 pm

:yes: It's too bad everybody disliked my role-playing, I thoroughly enjoyed it
I thoroughly enjoyed it!!

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Wed May 18, 2016 12:00 am

From Mafia QT:
You tricked me into joining a game as scum with a dead partner walking. I'll get you for this!!!!

Well... let's see if little ol' Kraj can pull off a miracle. On the plus side, there's a very good chance I'll be investigated tonight, Red, Pedro, and GR are all solid mislynch opportunities, and my daykill gives me a chance to win the endgame vs. the masons (Clinton & Sanders).

So.... I'm guessing the mafia double kill was intended to balance vs the masons. With that gone, my plan is to leave the masons alive until the endgame and use the daykill to force the stalemate. We'll see if I get there.

I'll PM you later with NK target. Need to think on it a little.
I'm scared of what you're going to do to me!!! :scared:

Also, I'm not sure why you thought I would put Clinton or my BELOVED Sanders in the game, but you were wrong. :p

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed May 18, 2016 12:01 am

Manders:

Given how big of a deal I made about Red's ability, why didn't he receive Col K's ability and then lose it on D2 start?

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Wed May 18, 2016 12:11 am

You guys had no ability anymore since you used your Last Resort D1.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed May 18, 2016 12:14 am

Party Poser (Jeb Bush) - During Day or Night, you may PM me the name of one dead player. You will inherit their ability until the next Day begins. You will not inherit their Last Resort.Last Resort: Once per game, you may PM me the name of a dead player. You will inherit their ability for the rest of the game, but you will only be able to make 1 post with content per day. You may vote, use smilies, and quote people, but you yourself may not post words.
If Red's ability resolved N1, it should have immediately expired at the start of the next day (D2).

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Wed May 18, 2016 12:26 am

He used it N1, which makes it ...huh.

Fuck, I worded that badly. FUCK.

No, I intended for it to last through the next Day.

NightArcher

Postby NightArcher » Wed May 18, 2016 12:28 am

You guys had no ability anymore since you used your Last Resort D1.
That's why I got railed so hard

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed May 18, 2016 12:30 am

:flame: Damn, that was a big reason why I outed Red. The ability's wording didn't match his claim!

NightArcher

Postby NightArcher » Wed May 18, 2016 12:36 am

That's also pretty gross to put the Mafia in a position like that, where there are only 2 Mafia and you give three town players the name of one of them, effectively ensuring his/her death since they only need 2 convince two people during day 1. I get that one of us had a daykill, but my last resort is effectively blank if they had gotten Rez/Kraj's name instead of mine.

I'm talking about this as general fairness because I very obviously didn't put in the work that I needed to to play at all.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed May 18, 2016 12:41 am

XD we've been a great help

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Wed May 18, 2016 1:20 am

To be fair...no one reviewed this game. Cyan SAID he'd do it and I even emailed him the setup, but he never got back to me.

I mean, r_0 helped me create it and said it looked good...but he's no reviewer.

I fucked so many things up. I'm sorry, guys.

@ NightArcher: the only thing I regret about the masons is I should have made it clear they could only use their Last Resort during Night. I did not, which is why you were boned. (But, honestly, who among us would not have done the same damn thing? I know I would have. 1 for 1 is always great for Town.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed May 18, 2016 1:24 am

It's OK Manders, I had fun and find it amusing that you helped Trump win in the end.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed May 18, 2016 8:25 am

For the record, I hated having to modkill RedNihilist. I was tempted to refuse to do so and issue a warning instead because of rule 9:
9. Be sporting. No trying to get modkilled, no cryptoclaiming, no outing of your scum buddies as some twisted revenge. Please don’t try to win so hard that you ruin the game in the process.
but r_0 convinced me that would be wrong. I gave Red warning in the PM he received after using his Last Resort, shown below:
IF you break your post restriction, you will be modkilled. FAIR WARNING.
Because of that, refusing to modkill him for posting words twice in one day would have been favoritism towards Town, and I couldn't allow that, no matter how much I wanted this game to play out just a BIT more.
I'm sorry but I was very, very, VERY frustrated by the post restriction, since I usually post before leaving for work and I've never had to cope up with something like that, and I've just acted on impulse.

Pedro :smiledown:

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed May 18, 2016 8:44 am

Red, I'm genuinely sorry if I upset you at all. This is why you don't give in to frustration; you were absolutely right there was scum on your wagon! I don't think the town was as set on lynching you as you thought. You could have made it very difficult for me to keep pushing you.
I've never been frustrated at you.
I've been VERY, VERY, VERY mad towards ham, though, but I can't blame him for being too paranoid in a game of mafia.
My D1 game had been poor as usual, but as soon as I had the chance to enter the Investigative Committee chat I felt I was on the right trail with you and published my role PM, then explained to him how I wanted you to commit in order to see your reaction to me being confirmed town.
He chose to question me over every little bit of anything and that was just too much for me to handle.

I guess that mafia is just difficult enough as it is without the language barrier + timezone barrier + people starting the game then going AWOL (which is something I'm very fed up with in these last games) and I'm too frustrated to play properly.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed May 18, 2016 8:51 am

One last thing for Pedro: I actually pressured you pretty randomly during D1 but I never actually considered you scum.
Just sayin~

Pedrobear

Postby Pedrobear » Wed May 18, 2016 9:20 am

One last thing for Pedro: I actually pressured you pretty randomly during D1 but I never actually considered you scum.
Just sayin~
No problem.
Sorry, I wasn't really involved in this game due to work and the background was completely off to me (Manders totally laughed at my MP when I discovered that it was only about the Republican Party) but I learned a few things during it.

And my conversion to Stardust's party completely lost my mindset about this game. We should have built a real plan to follow.

How do you guys deal with your notes and things like this for the game ?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed May 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Red:

This game was frustrating for me, and I felt bad about throwing you under the bus. I did it because of the poor wording of your role PM. After I talked with you in-thread and in the QT I didn't suspect that you were scum anymore and wasn't voting for you.

I blew it by not voting kraj and going for Dusty instead, like we talked about in the QT.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed May 18, 2016 4:07 pm

Come on, let's face it, had I been able to just convince you I was Town we would have won, the whole wording thing is lateral.
The main error was mine, as I followed up my shitty Day 1 with an unfortunate series of sloppy moves like not taking account of the fact that you could just not trust me at face value, which led to the whole "who was your target" incident.

The very fact that you understood my role better than me says a lot about this game.
Now, you may have "blew it", but your error was just the tip of an iceberg I built.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed May 18, 2016 4:14 pm

:hug:

Pedrobear

Postby Pedrobear » Wed May 18, 2016 4:17 pm

#nohomo

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Wed May 18, 2016 5:37 pm

It's OK Manders, I had fun and find it amusing that you helped Trump win in the end.
:argh:

I hate that the real Republican race worked out this way as well.
I'm sorry but I was very, very, VERY frustrated by the post restriction, since I usually post before leaving for work and I've never had to cope up with something like that, and I've just acted on impulse.
You are preaching to the choir about post restrictions, good sir. I freaking hate them. With ALL of my might. They are of the devil and should be eliminated completely.

But they have the tendency to lead to SO MUCH HILARITY for the other players, what with the restricted one still trying to find a way to work around it. You didn't do that so much.

Blah.
I've been VERY, VERY, VERY mad towards ham, though, but I can't blame him for being too paranoid in a game of mafia.
My D1 game had been poor as usual, but as soon as I had the chance to enter the Investigative Committee chat I felt I was on the right trail with you and published my role PM, then explained to him how I wanted you to commit in order to see your reaction to me being confirmed town.
He chose to question me over every little bit of anything and that was just too much for me to handle.
This was partly my fault for poor wording, but you were not confirmed to him. Posting your role PM doesn't mean crap because they can be easily changed to say what you want them to say. I think you got a bit too lax, made some mistakes in your explanations, and didn't come back from them. Next time, take a deep breath, really look at the case against you, and address it. Save pointing out other options for later (because then it looks like you're trying to distract from your wagon.)

It's a fun game, but patience is a requirement. I'm still learning this.
I guess that mafia is just difficult enough as it is without the language barrier + timezone barrier + people starting the game then going AWOL (which is something I'm very fed up with in these last games) and I'm too frustrated to play properly.
People going AWOL has definitely become a game killer on this site. We powered through, thanks to Kraj and Col. Khaddafi, but seriously. It's pretty bad when you can't even run just one game on your site.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Wed May 18, 2016 5:38 pm

#homosallaround :p

Kraj
Newcomer

Postby Kraj » Wed May 18, 2016 6:31 pm

#damnright

But Manders, if you (rightly) hate PRs that much then why did you put it in? PRs can generate hilarity if you design it to be fun, but forcing less participation is not what this game needed :p

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Wed May 18, 2016 7:58 pm

#damnright
;)
But Manders, if you (rightly) hate PRs that much then why did you put it in? PRs can generate hilarity if you design it to be fun, but forcing less participation is not what this game needed :p
Because, of all the PRs I've had in my Mafia career (and I've had a LOT), the one I was most okay with was the one I got from Wrath_of_DoG in Flame Warriors Mafia (which was exactly like this one.)

Other than that...
There was a game we played here...Planechase Mafia, hosted by Stardust.

In it, I was town and was killed N1 (of course). There was a Ghost function that allowed us to remain in the game after death (kind of.) One of the guys in the game ran the QT (he was a link to the dead kind of guy) so I could tell him to say what I wanted to say, and it was cool. I was totally still in the game, even though the stupid Mafia killed me N1.

There was also an ability or a plane that allowed someone to reanimate one of the dead players as a zombie. That player would be back in the game, but could ONLY post BRAAAAINS. Those in the game still (Scumbag, hamfactorial, Pedrobear, rcwraspy, and rezombad who was the Medium) chose to bring me back. As a Zombie. Who can ONLY vote/unvote and say UHH UNG and BRAINS.

I. WAS. PISSED.

So, yes, I decided to get back at SOMEONE for that shit, yet I chose the LEAST debilitating PR I could think of. I mean, you LITERALLY can just make one BIG post a day, and fuck around the rest of the time!! It didn't seem like that huge of a deal to me, and I still feel this way.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed May 18, 2016 8:17 pm

You are preaching to the choir about post restrictions, good sir. I freaking hate them. With ALL of my might. They are of the devil and should be eliminated completely.

But they have the tendency to lead to SO MUCH HILARITY for the other players, what with the restricted one still trying to find a way to work around it. You didn't do that so much.

Blah.
:rofl:

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed May 18, 2016 10:49 pm

Oh god, I loved you as a zombie! I know it was painful for you. Trust me when I tell you that my joy greatly outweighed your pain.
҉

Kraj
Newcomer

Postby Kraj » Wed May 18, 2016 11:00 pm

There was also an ability or a plane that allowed someone to reanimate one of the dead players as a zombie. That player would be back in the game, but could ONLY post BRAAAAINS. Those in the game still (Scumbag, hamfactorial, Pedrobear, rcwraspy, and rezombad who was the Medium) chose to bring me back. As a Zombie. Who can ONLY vote/unvote and say UHH UNG and BRAINS.
:rofl: Now THAT'S funny!

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed May 18, 2016 11:35 pm

I will always remember zombie Manders, I could feel the rage through the screen.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Thu May 19, 2016 12:11 am

Yeah, yeah, yeah, laugh at my pain, why don't cha!! :p

The "zombie morse code" was a decent idea, but I really had no way to work it out with everyone else, so it was worthless :(

Kraj
Newcomer

Postby Kraj » Thu May 19, 2016 1:41 am

Yeah, yeah, yeah, laugh at my pain, why don't cha!! :p
Thank you, I will!

Pedrobear

Postby Pedrobear » Thu May 19, 2016 8:26 am

Say UHH UNG for YES and BRAINS for NO.

Easy communication.

I should be a zombie at every mafia game btw.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Thu May 19, 2016 1:40 pm

:lol:
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Thu May 19, 2016 11:22 pm

GG guys, MAfia played very well, Specially Kraj (well figures...) because they were very hard to read :thumbsup:
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:21 pm

participation levels have made gameplay a bit clunky, but i still enjoyed the time i was alive in this game. sad we didn't win but i think ham was right to be suspicious of a new addition to our chat
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Re: RE: GOP Candidates Mafia 2016 - GAME OVER - PATAKI TAKES ALL

Postby ( G_R ) » Fri May 27, 2016 10:52 pm

participation levels have made gameplay a bit clunky, but i still enjoyed the time i was alive in this game. sad we didn't win but i think ham was right to be suspicious of a new addition to our chat
I'm hoping Tapatalk can help with participation. People tend to forget the thread and getting mobile notifications could be a way to deal with that...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Re: GOP Candidates Mafia 2016 - GAME OVER - PATAKI TAKES ALL

Postby hamfactorial » Fri May 27, 2016 10:54 pm

Tapatalk: It's been a great help

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:59 am

if it's an app, my phone can't handle it
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Re: GOP Candidates Mafia 2016 - GAME OVER - PATAKI TAKES ALL

Postby ( G_R ) » Sat May 28, 2016 8:39 am

It's time to leave the 90s behind...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Return to “Fowl Play (Mafia)”