[Basic Mafia Game #1] Adventure Time (Town Win)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Checkbox » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:07 am

What does Google [Bot] have to say about the Yanni wagon?
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:14 am

I really should just stop being lazy and re-read day 1 with Col. Kadaffi and Teefo in mind, but none of that makes any sense to me anyways, and Yanni's continued "please don't" defenses are making me more confident in my current Yanni vote
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:27 am

because I'm the town watcher... duh.

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:32 am

God damn it. Can I double vote?
whisper words of wisdom

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:47 am

like why the fuck are you guys willing to lynch the town investigative role like what the actual fuck

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:17 am

like why the fuck are you guys willing to lynch the town investigative role like what the actual fuck
A watcher sees who their target targets.

You lied about your role.

Goddamn you, Yanni.

Vote: Yanni
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:19 am

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:22 am

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 am

did not lie about my role

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am

I hate fucking watcher/tracker.

Unvote just in case? :embarrass:

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:44 am

Did Manders just bring the hammer down and admit to using some sort of power role last night? This is the worst fucking game ever.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:01 am

I hate fucking watcher/tracker.

Unvote just in case? :embarrass:
Jesus Christ on a Cross Manders

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:09 am

Does that even count? Seems like it should be you brought the hammer down...

Mod, do votes only count when an official vote count is tallied?
whisper words of wisdom

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:00 am

Well I still hope he's dead

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:44 am

That was the hammer, good.
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:19 am

Day 2 First and Final Vote Count

Yanni (6)- Mogadishu Jones, PhantomS, Captain Murphy, ( G_R ), Checkbox, Manders
Ximbad (1)- Yanni
Not Voting: The Guardian, Imopen2, Ximbad
With 10 alive it is 6 to lynch.
Yanni has been Lynched.

Mod, do votes only count when an official vote count is tallied?
Proper Votes are counted as they are Cast.

No more posting

Shalako

Night 2: You like my ice sword?

Postby Shalako » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:24 am

Yanni is quickly cornered with allegations about about being a big stinky liar.

"You should talk! Keeping all the babes to yourself, totally ice-blocking my game!" Yells Yanni as she draws her formidable Ice Powers to bear on the group surrounding her.
Casting Ice Spells in the small room forces everyone to do awesome backflips and dives to avoid them.

"This was so much easier than I thought it would be! You're what stands between me and my Gumball and I'll kill all of you just like that stupid Owl!"

Finally Manders desperately rushes from her from behind and hits her over
the head.

*clink*

"My magic tiara...my powers!"

Yanni has been Lynched.

Yanni was The Ice Queen (Mafia Goon)

It is Now Night Two. Night Two will end no later then 11:59 1/26/2013.

Shalako

Day Three: Horrors untold.

Postby Shalako » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:02 am

Rising in what counts as morning here the group studies each other warily.

Who didn't live through the night this time? Is this nightmare almost over?

One by one people are shocked as they realize that one of the corners of the cube is no longer yellow. It's covered in Soot and the only thing that remains is a Charred piece of twisted wood and steel.

"Oh no, not her."
Captain Murphy- Marceline, the Vampire Queen (Town Cop) has died by conflagration.

But yet someone is still missing.

Horrified to realize the carnage is not yet over a frantic search of
the Room is taken.

All that is left of Checkbox- Melissa (Town Vanilla) is a cellphone; never to be answered again.

It is now Day 3.

With 7 Alive it is 5 to Lynch
Last edited by Shalako on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:54 am

Well guys, I kind of screwed the pooch on this one. I am the Flame Princess and I was a one-shot vig (town, obviously). Last night I targeted Captain Murphy because the entire game he seemed to be very passively guiding the conversation. There's not much else I can say than that I fucked up on this one.

Yesterday went by really quickly but I think some things of value can be gathered. For starters, we need to hear from EVERYBODY today. No exceptions.

Off the top of my head I would think that yesterday's lynch makes a very strong case for Kpaca being town (though he's a crafty devil. I'll never say 100% on him)and Mander's bringing the hammer down so loosely makes me rather suspicious of her going for the lynch on a scum buddy so as to appear town. IIRC she was dismissive of day one's Yanni wagon. Need to reread some stuff, but I'm going to start things off today with a vote: Manders.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:10 pm

Christ on a bike. If you are town you have terrile aim, phantoms. Your logic on manders isn't the worst but I'm not convinced by it. The only people who didn't vote for yanni are myself, combats, and the guardian. I am a but confused as to where the guardian is because I don't remember even hearing fro
Him in day 2 but I could be wrong. Ximbad was one of the people I thought most likely scum but that was ages ago and he hasn't doneuch since. I didn't vote yanni because I was hesitant about killing a town power role after we just lost the col and teefo. Luckily other more experienced players saw through his lies.

I've got to say that phantoms soft claim of a 1 shot ability seems a bit Strange but I also admit that the captain was inching up my list of suspects with his attempts to guide others trough the game and if I had the ability I may have considered him a target.
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:37 pm

Christ on a bike. If you are town you have terrile aim, phantoms. Your logic on manders isn't the worst but I'm not convinced by it. The only people who didn't vote for yanni are myself, combats, and the guardian. I am a but confused as to where the guardian is because I don't remember even hearing fro
Him in day 2 but I could be wrong. Ximbad was one of the people I thought most likely scum but that was ages ago and he hasn't doneuch since. I didn't vote yanni because I was hesitant about killing a town power role after we just lost the col and teefo. Luckily other more experienced players saw through his lies.

I've got to say that phantoms soft claim of a 1 shot ability seems a bit Strange but I also admit that the captain was inching up my list of
suspects with his attempts to guide others trough the game and if I had the ability I may have considered him a target.
You agree that Murphy was suspicious but say I have terrible aim strictly because I was wrong? Also forgetting that I was among the first to go after Yanni? Seriously, fuck you. You're an idiot. There's also nothing "soft" about claiming" my role and one shot vig.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Phantom, chill out. Let's try to keep Mafia somewhat civil, ok?

So, anyone want to admit to targeting me last night? Because I was definitely targeted.

Also, Phantom, what didn't you like about my hammer? I thought I caught Yanni in a lie, so I voted. He provided evidence that there's somewhere out there that has the opposite meaning, so I regretted acting so hastily, but it didn't matter.

Also, dude, I could have told you CM was freaking town. Don't shoot people because YOU think they're scum. Shoot them because A MAJORITY think they're scum. Damn AzWOLGing. :no:

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:18 pm

Him in day 2 but I could be wrong. Ximbad was one of the people I thought most likely scum but that was ages ago and he hasn't doneuch since. I didn't vote yanni because I was hesitant about killing a town power role after we just lost the col and teefo. Luckily other more experienced
players saw through his lies.

I've got to say that phantoms soft claim of a 1 shot ability seems a bit Strange but I also admit that the captain was inching up my list of suspects with his attempts to guide others trough the game and if I had the ability I may have considered him a target.
You agree that Murphy was suspicious but say I have terrible aim strictly because I was wrong? Also forgetting that I was among the first to go after Yanni? Seriously, fuck you. You're an idiot. There's also nothing "soft" about claiming" my role and one shot vig.
Dude,

Chill. There is such a thing as busing, Manders is absolutely right that you listen to the majority of people. And if you were so trigger happy, why not shoot me? You seemed to be quite suspicious of me and I didn't have any posts day 2 (I apologize, I had some IRL shit to deal with so I was a tad busy).

The rest of you: Expect a real post tomorrow. Between working at Starbucks, and judging
every night per-release at our store this weekend, I am a tad over committed.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:47 pm

Him in day 2 but I could be wrong. Ximbad was one of the people I thought most likely scum but that was ages ago and he hasn't doneuch since. I didn't vote yanni because I was hesitant about killing a town power role after we just lost the col and teefo. Luckily other more experienced
players saw through his lies.

K......lol

I agreed that I was looking at captain as well. I wasn't saying he deserved to be targeted without some more evidence. And I maintain (as a joke) that your aim is terrible (in a flavor sense) if you shot hoping to hit scum and instead killed the town cop. (see? Funny!)

Going after yanni early is a good point, except that the scum could've going after each other early in order to
distance themselves later.

Finally, I don't think it is that huge of a claim out of you since someone has to explain how two people died in one night and why not get in front of it by claiming town sniper and avoid lying about it.

A full claim would allow more scrutiny of your role rather than just having to believe you that you are town and not scum.

Fuck this took a long time to type on my phone.

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:35 am

Him in day 2 but I could be wrong. Ximbad was one of the people I thought most likely scum but that was ages ago and he
hasn't doneuch since. I didn't vote yanni because I was hesitant about killing a town power role after we just lost the col and teefo. Luckily other more experienced players saw through his lies.

K......lol

I agreed that I was looking at captain as well. I wasn't saying he deserved to be targeted without some more evidence. And I maintain (as a joke) that your aim is terrible (in a flavor sense) if you shot hoping to hit scum
and instead killed the town cop. (see? Funny!)

Going after yanni early is a good point, except that the scum could've going after each other early in order to distance themselves later.

Finally, I don't think it is that huge of a claim out of you since someone has to explain how two people died in one night and why not get in front of it by claiming town sniper and avoid lying about it.

A full claim would allow more scrutiny of your role rather than just having to believe you that you are town and not scum.

Fuck this took a long time to type on my phone.
Do you not know what a 1-shot vig is?

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:36 am

Also, fuck everybody telling me to chill. I don't curse when I'm actually mad, I curse when people are being great card analyst.

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:38 am

Him in day 2 but I could be wrong. Ximbad was one of the people I thought most likely scum but that was ages ago and
he hasn't doneuch since. I didn't vote yanni because I was hesitant about killing a town power role after we just lost the col and teefo. Luckily other more experienced players saw through his lies.

Dude,

Chill. There is such a thing as busing, Manders is absolutely right that you listen to the majority of people. And if you were so trigger happy, why not shoot me? You seemed to be quite suspicious of me and I didn't have any
posts day 2 (I apologize, I had some IRL shit to deal with so I was a tad busy).

The rest of you: Expect a real post tomorrow. Between working at Starbucks, and judging every night per-release at our store this weekend, I am a tad over committed.
What actions did I take that indicate that I was "quite suspicious" of you? I voted you because you did something stupid, sure, but I was much more suspicious of Murphy's play. I don't think that it's good practice for a vig to talk about vigging before they vig because sometimes the scum have a role-blocker.

I can't take back my vig, so get over that shit and be happy that you have a confirmed town to work with.

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:44 am

Phantom, chill out. Let's try to keep Mafia somewhat civil, ok?

So, anyone want to admit to targeting me last night? Because I was definitely targeted.

Also, Phantom, what didn't you like about my hammer? I thought I caught Yanni in a lie, so I voted. He provided evidence that there's somewhere out there that has the opposite meaning, so I regretted acting so hastily, but it didn't matter.

Also, dude, I could have told you CM was freaking town. Don't shoot people because YOU think they're scum. Shoot them because A MAJORITY think they're scum. Damn AzWOLGing. :no:
Your scrutiny of Yanni was less relevant than the initial catch by kpaca and
it read like scum trying to act like they were contributing something new as they threw their scum-buddy under the bus. It was also pretty outrageous to vote without seeing a votecount, but that action is arguably very town. Had Yanni come up town (lol) it would've been quite suspect.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:26 am

Do you not know what a 1-shot vig is?
I thought I did but I guess I didn't

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:16 am

It was a one-time only nightkill that I got. That is my role. At this point I am essentially vanilla town.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:15 am

Also, fuck everybody telling me to chill. I don't curse when I'm actually mad, I curse when people are being great card analyst.
You misunderstand. You can curse til the fucking cows come home and I won't bat an eyelash. But I do not agree with attacking others on what is a personal level, and I believe telling someone "fuck you" constitutes as this. Regardless, this can be discussed when the game is over.

And no one said you should be going around claiming to be the vig to get our input. I'm saying, take into account what the other players have said and decipher where would be the best shot. Also, it's probably best to NOT vig someone who hasn't claimed. When you do that...you end up killing a poorly playing Town power role more
often than not.

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:36 pm

You misunderstand. You can curse til the fucking cows come home and I won't bat an eyelash. But I do not agree with attacking others on what is a personal level, and I believe telling someone "fuck you" constitutes as this. Regardless, this can be discussed when the game is over.

And no one said you should be going around claiming to be the vig to get our input. I'm saying, take into account what the other players have said and decipher
where would be the best shot. Also, it's probably best to NOT vig someone who hasn't claimed. When you do that...you end up killing a poorly playing Town power role more often than not.
We are going to disagree on this.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:33 pm

I support unilateral vigging.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:31 pm

How do you know?

Do you think it could have been Murphy checking on you?
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Alright, reread day 2 and aside from a giant clusterfuck of posts, I really could delve anything from that day, aside from Yanni flailing pretty hard. But I have some curious questions:

@Kpaca: Bad posting or not, Yanni was an uncounterclaimed PR, and without knowing that CM was the cop, why were you willing to risk mislynching a town PR w/o confirmation?

@Phantom: Why did you not shoot me night 1/2?

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:10 am

@Kpaca: Bad posting or not, Yanni was an uncounterclaimed PR, and without knowing that CM was the cop, why were you willing to risk mislynching a town PR w/o confirmation?
Did you buy brain stem reducing mayonnaise or something?

I'm just going to assume you're not even reading the game or the part where I pinpointed yanni as scum and then used my hydra vote power to unilaterally remove him and completely risk the town's existence all the while screaming "HEHEHEHE I AM THE VINGANANEE, AND I AM HUNGRY, GIVE ME YOUR FOOD OR I WILL EAT YOU!" and then you're all like "but oh no, we don't have any stew" and I'm all like "tough shit bitch I'm hungry and gonna eat Yanni, watch me use my hydra voting extendo dick"

And that's where babies come from.

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:23 am

[quote="[url=viewtopic.php?p=31547#p31547:1suv3che]The Guardian » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:22 pm[/url:1suv3che]":1suv3che]
@Phantom: Why did you not shoot me night 1/2?[/quote:1suv3che]

Your why not question is bad. Like, I feel like I've played as the most obvious townie so I think I should've been nk'd by the scum by now but their strategy of nk-ing lurkers is fine too I guess, but that doesn't mean that I was in a rush to vig somebody. I voted you, sure, but not every vote I cast is one I intend to ride to a lynch. Yanni, for example, I could smell from miles away. As far as vigging you, a better question is why would I have one n1/2? I don't need reasons not to do things.

Another better question would be why didn't I vig Yanni on n2. The answer to that was that at that time he might have been a power role.

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:26 am

Mine wasn't the first personal attack in the thread as well. I take offense at being singled out. You are a bad person.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:28 am

Vigging the Guardian would be like eating some celery sticks between two pieces of dried toast.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:29 am

[/
quote]

Mine wasn't the first personal attack in the thread as well. I take offense at being singled out. You are a bad person.
Bad Person or mafiate?

Return to “Completed Games”