[Basic Mafia Game #1] Adventure Time (Town Win)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby PhantomS » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:45 am

Also, fuck everybody telling me to chill. I don't curse when I'm actually mad, I curse when people are being great card analyst.
You misunderstand. You can curse til the fucking cows come home and I won't bat an eyelash. But I do not agree with
attacking others on what is a personal level, and I believe telling someone "fuck you" constitutes as this. Regardless, this can be discussed when the game is over.
Mine wasn't the first personal attack in the thread as well. I take offense at being singled out. You are a bad person.
Bad Person or mafiate?
Iono. Manders is subtley hinting at some sort of power role so she may as well fucking claim.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:46 am

hahahahaha

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:49 am

From what she said her role involves knowing who targeted her, which doesn't sound useful to me as a town role. Like, she gets nk'd and then tells us nothing because shes' n-dead?

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:10 am

Dude, don't make assumptions about my role.

Catching up...
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:11 am

So, anyone want to admit to targeting me last night? Because I was definitely targeted.
How do you know?

Do you think it could have been Murphy checking on you?
That's actually entirely possible and would make sense, actually.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:15 am

Also, fuck everybody telling me to chill. I don't curse when I'm actually mad, I curse when people are being great card analyst.
You misunderstand. You can curse til the fucking cows come home and I won't bat an eyelash. But I do not agree with attacking others on what is a personal level, and I believe telling someone "fuck you" constitutes as this. Regardless, this can be discussed when the game is
over.
Mine wasn't the first personal attack in the thread as well. I take offense at being singled out. You are a bad person.
Why are you taking this shit so personal? You're the ONLY one who's told someone else "Fuck you," though. That's what I have a problem with. But, then again, I'm known to be too sensitive in Mafia (i.e. I fucking hate the phrase DIAF because it's too aggressive for a game) so maybe I'm overreacting? Like I said earlier, we can discuss this, as a community, when this game is over.

Okay?

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:12 am

You misunderstand. You can curse til the fucking cows come home and I won't bat an eyelash. But I do not agree with
attacking others on what is a personal level, and I believe telling someone "fuck you" constitutes as this. Regardless, this can be discussed when the game is over.
Why are you taking this shit so personal? You're the ONLY one who's told someone else "Fuck you," though. That's what I have a problem with. But, then again, I'm known to be too sensitive in Mafia (i.e. I fucking hate the phrase DIAF because it's too aggressive for a game) so maybe I'm overreacting? Like I said earlier, we can discuss this, as a community, when this game is over.

Okay?
Isn't it possible that this argument has everything to do with the game of mafia? Am I not learning about how you debate?

For example, you said earlier that you had no problem with cursing, but now you state I'm the only one that said "fuck you&
quot;. That hardly matters if cursing isn't an issue. Other posts in this thread have said as much without stating so explicitly.

Now, gathering that you're just a bit off in terms of being consistent in arguments probably only makes it harder to read you, but this is all what mafia is about nonetheless.

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:57 am

Also, fuck everybody telling me to chill. I don't curse when I'm actually mad, I curse when
people are being great card analyst.
You misunderstand. You can curse til the fucking cows come home and I won't bat an eyelash. But I do not agree with attacking others on what is a personal level, and I believe telling someone "fuck you" constitutes as this. Regardless, this can be discussed when the game is over.

Okay?
Isn't it possible that this argument has everything to do with the game of mafia? Am I
not learning about how you debate?

For example, you said earlier that you had no problem with cursing, but now you state I'm the only one that said "fuck you". That hardly matters if cursing isn't an issue. Other posts in this thread have said as much without stating so explicitly.

Now, gathering that you're just a bit off in terms of being consistent in arguments probably only makes it harder to read you, but this is all what mafia is about nonetheless.
I am with Manders on this one. There is no need to be so aggressive towards another player. Manders, you might want to perhaps make a thread OoG to discuss this, if anything, to prove that your back-and-forth actually isn't related to the game, and take it out of this thread.
@
Kpaca: Bad posting or not, Yanni was an uncounterclaimed PR, and without knowing that CM was the cop, why were you willing to risk mislynching a town PR w/o confirmation?
Did you buy brain stem reducing mayonnaise or something?

I'm just going to assume you're not even reading the game or the part where I pinpointed yanni as scum and then used my hydra vote power to unilaterally remove him and completely risk the town's existence all the while screaming "HEHEHEHE I AM THE VINGANANEE, AND I AM HUNGRY, GIVE ME YOUR FOOD OR I WILL EAT YOU!" and then you're all like "but oh no, we don't have any stew" and I'm all like "tough shit bitch I'm hungry and gonna eat Yanni, watch me use my hydra voting extendo dick".

And that's where babies come from.
I saw the post you pinpointed him. He jumped on the two first pro-town things, you nailed him, and everyone else followed suit. I am asking that because CM's role was not known, how did
you know Yanni was scum, and not just Yanni. Newsflash: Yanni's posts have been pretty bad all game from a town perspective, and all of a sudden day 2, he makes just another post and it happens to work?

Hmm, perhaps you are simply dazzling these new guys with some amazing first post busing. You ain't foolin me, sport.

Vote Jones

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:49 am

You misunderstand. You can curse til the fucking cows come home and I won't bat an eyelash. But I do not agree with attacking others on what is a personal level, and I believe telling someone "fuck you" constitutes as this. Regardless, this can be discussed when the game is over.
Why are you taking this shit so personal? You're the ONLY one who's told someone else "Fuck you," though. That's what I have a problem with. But, then again, I'm known to be too sensitive in Mafia (i.e. I fucking hate the phrase DIAF because it's too aggressive for a game) so maybe I'm overreacting? Like I said earlier, we
can discuss this, as a community, when this game is over.

Okay?
Isn't it possible that this argument has everything to do with the game of mafia? Am I not learning about how you debate?

For example, you said earlier that you had no problem with cursing, but now you state I'm the only one that said "fuck you". That hardly matters if cursing isn't an issue. Other posts in this thread have said as much without stating so explicitly.

I am with Manders on this one. There is no need to be so aggressive towards another player. Manders, you might want to perhaps make a thread OoG to discuss this, if anything, to prove that your back-and-forth actually isn't related to the game, and take it out of this thread.
Such rules of conduct are
going to vary by game and for that reason alone it is relevant to this game. Another thing that I've gleaned from such discussion is yours and manders' insistence on making comments to something very trivial. If that is irrelevant to the game of mafia then you are playing a much different game than I am and your game sounds much worse.

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:25 am

Just reread The Guardian. His aversion to the Yanni wagon, his weird and unproductive questions/comments and his noncommittal attitude throughout day 1 make me feel pretty good about voting for him. Not to mention that he's currently mis-repping kpaca's play this game. So I will. vote: The Guardian.

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:25 am

To add to my vote, what in the hell was the relevance of you asking me why I didn't vig you?

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:09 pm

I saw the post you pinpointed him. He jumped on the two first pro-town things, you nailed him, and everyone else followed suit. I am asking that because CM's role was not known, how did you know Yanni was scum, and not just Yanni. Newsflash: Yanni's posts have been pretty bad all game from a town perspective, and all of a sudden day 2, he makes just another post and it happens to work?

Hmm, perhaps you are simply dazzling these new guys with some amazing first post busing. You ain't foolin me, sport.

Vote Jones
A.) I didn't nail him for jumping on the first two pro-town things. I nailed him for failure to be the role he was lying about.
B.) Who the fuck cares about CM's role? Why would I need to know CM's role to lynch Yanni? Are you retarded?
C.) I knew Yanni was scum because I don't have a pound of lead hanging from my ball sac and preventing me from concentrating.
nNEWSFLASH: I havn't thought Yanni's posts were coming from a town perspective all game. Like are you really this stupid?

You say: "Yanni's posts were pretty bad from a town perspective all game".

NEWSFLASH AGAIN: He was scum all game.

E.) Is painting me as an insidious fooler of noobs and calling me a vaguely demeaning name at the end really your game plan, champ?

You are either way dumber than I thought you were, or you are scum.

Here's to hoping you are a smart guy.

vote: The guardian

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:30 pm

I saw the post you pinpointed him. He jumped on the two first pro-town things, you nailed him, and everyone else followed suit. I am asking that because CM's role was not known, how did you know Yanni was scum, and not just Yanni. Newsflash: Yanni's posts have been pretty bad all game from a town perspective, and all of a sudden day 2, he makes just another post and it happens to work?

Vote Jones
A.) I didn't nail him for jumping on the first two pro-town things. I nailed him for failure to be the role he was lying about.
B.) Who the fuck cares about CM's role? Why would I need to know CMs role to lynch Yanni? Are you retarded?
C.) I knew Yanni was scum because I don't have a pound of lead hanging from my ball sac and preventing me from concentrating.
NEWSFLASH: I havn't thought Yanni's posts were coming from a town perspective all game. Like are you really this stupid?

You say: "Yanni's posts were pretty bad from a town perspective all game".

NEWSFLASH AGAIN: He was scum all game.

E.) Is painting me as an insidious fooler of noobs and calling me a vaguely demeaning name at the end really your game plan, champ?

You are either way dumber than I thought you were, or you are scum.

Here's to hoping you are a smart guy.

vote: The guardian
A). Which brings us back to the original question: How did you know he was lying? Every game I have seen or designed, a watcher sees WHO targets their target. Manders mixed the two up, and it just so happened to be correct.

B). A basic game, which in almost every basic,
there is one confirmed investigative role (ala CM), and you were willing to lynch him. That's why I have a problem.

C). I'll get to.

E). Sport isn't demeaning. I use it interchangeably with big guy, champ, buddy, ect. And considering have the shit you and others have posted, I find it amusing you find this demeaning. But I apologize if you do.

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:54 pm

You're not allowed to attack one person for making personal remarks and then condescend to others. The problem isn't that you're doing what others do, it's that you do it while condemning them.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Mod, vote count please.
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:28 pm

My point was that "sport" wasn't condescending. It doesn't carry the same negative stigma as idiot, retard, stupid, and other names that have been thrown around by others (I called CM out on that too).

@imopen: Ignoring the semantics of names, no comment on Jones/mine posts?

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:43 pm

I mean I don't give a fuck if you call me sport but its but its not like you felt the need to condescend to support your argument on accident, scooter.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:47 pm

Also as for the questions contained in your newest post are thus:

A: you're stupid
B: you're stupid
C: you're stupid (presumptive response since you're accusations re: my suspicions of yanni have been consistently terribad
E: covered

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:26 pm

My point was that "sport" wasn't condescending. It doesn't carry the same negative stigma as idiot, retard, stupid, and other names that have been thrown around by others (I called CM out on that too).

@imopen: Ignoring the semantics of names, no comment on Jones/mine posts?
I mean I don't think calling people names is necessary but it doesn't bother me.

I agree that phantoms' vig of CM seems a little strange since he wasn't someone under much scrutiny.

That being said. You are all being a bunch of magumbos.

I'd like to know the vote count before I make any more decisions

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:02 am

The only thing strange about the vig would be if someone else would counter-claim. Why would a scum vig say "I vigged him, sorry, my bad". He went with a gut feeling and hit a PR, I don't blame him.

@imopen2 can't you just count yourself? It's only been a page and a half at most since last night... :shrug:
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:57 am

I was at work and couldn't be on here very long. Does phantoms' vote for the guardian count since he never unvoted for manders?

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:08 am

Votecount
The Guardian (1)- Mogadishu Jones
Manders (1)- PhantomS
Not voting: ( G_R ), Imopen2, Manders, The Guardian, Ximbad
With 7 Alive it is 5 to Lynch

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:36 am

i believe the guardian voted for kpaca

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:37 am

also, where is ximbad?

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:38 am

The Guardian did not vote for a Player Name and as such was not counted. Ximbad is the last name on the not voting list.

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:48 am

Oh yeah unvoting is a thing. unvote: manders vote: the guardian.

imopen, gr and ximbad all need to post more.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:54 am

The Guardian did not vote for a Player Name and as such was not counted. Ximbad is the last name on the not voting list.
sorry, i meant where is he? he hasn't posted in a while

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:59 am

i'm willing to vote: the guardian in order to have him claim.

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:17 am

The Guardian last posted on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:22 pm My Time.

EDIT: Oh "he" means Ximbad. He has 3 days from the start of the Day until he receives a prod.

Votecount 2
The Guardian (3)- Mogadishu Jones, PhantomS, Imopen2

Not voting: ( G_R ), Imopen2, Manders, The Guardian, Ximbad
With 7 Alive it is 5 to Lynch

Ximbad

Postby Ximbad » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:03 am

I've been focusing on school, sorry.

I still want to figure out what the hell N_S was going on about day one. At this point
Also look over Murphy's posts for anything.

I don't really agree with vigging Murphy, but I can see where Phantasmo was coming from.

I don't really understand the Guardian's logic right now. Yanni couldn't keep his story straight, how
confusing is that? vote:the guardian
Zwei Seelen wohnen, ach! in meiner Brust,
Die eine will sich von der andern trennen.

Ximbad

Postby Ximbad » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:05 am

Edit:unvote I didn't realize how close to a lynch we were.

I would like to see a claim from the guardian, though.
Zwei Seelen wohnen, ach! in meiner Brust,
Die eine will sich von der andern trennen.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:36 pm

Yes, please don't lynch him before he claims...

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:55 pm

I'm OK with lynching The Guardian. Let's hear that claim.

Then there's Manders. There are some things in The Guardian's posts when talking to/about her that seem suspicious to me. Specifically the part where they talk about Yanni's attempt at getting off the hook when he was caught lying.

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:59 pm

I have a mega post coming up, but GR, I have to say you have the wrong idea, but the right idea of looking at people. I will explain why, and then claim.

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:47 pm

*yawn*

GR, I really need to hear more out of you then just saying you're okay with the status quo.

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Alright. Let me try something new: Jones is perhaps one of the best players here, so I fully expect to fail, especially when Phantom/imopen seem more than willing to just throw their vote around, but hey, maybe i can convince someone else. Note that these are all Jones's quotes:
It's because youre making jokes.

vote: the guardian
First legit vote of the game. Joking around has never been a true scum tell. Nothing really spectacular here.
No, he's right. I hate posts like the ones you and Iso similiar players are prone to making. You also seem a little overconcermed with PS's annoyance.
Null
I hate claimng.
This is in response to Mander's question of softclaiming. While blunt and short, I dislike how he really doesn't comment on this. Wonderful, you hate claiming. Does that mean you think it was a bad idea?

[
quote]Rvs posts are pretty useless except when we catch people like you trying to steadfastly defend it. unvote: vote yanni[/quote]
This has been no new play style of Yanni's. He enjoys the RVS, even when he is town. However, a vote here really doesn't mean anything.
Hahaha the votes on manders are bad to properly read her you have to pretend you have a vagina.
Useless post.
Hhahahahahaha what a guy!
More riveting commentary from Jones.

unvote: vote gaddafi
Now here is where it gets interesting. Almost all of day 1 was GET YANNI, he is scum. Then all of a second, he turn on the Col. Clearly based on his actions day 2, it wasn't the claim that through him off...

The rest of his posts I have responded to. Checkbox, teefo. Both were horribly bad NKs. When I first saw that,, I my initial thought process was that either the
two remaining scum are both poor/new players, or that they are power role hunting. The fact that they were both lurkers speaks volumes, as town lurkers are more of a liability to the town alive. And for those of you who don't know, basic games have 3 town power roles with at least one being a protective role, and another being investigative. That was why I was so hard into Jones about Yanni: Poor play or not, an uncced watcher claim is pretty close to confirmed town as it can get (although, CM flipping cop would mean Yanni would have been dead day 3 anyway). How did he know Yanni was lying, regardless of poor play? Like Poggy, Yanni's playstyle is scummy, regardless of alignment. The question that keeps on dawning onto me is: Jones/Manders/myself/PF are probably the most experienced players here, with Manders/Jones probably being the stronger ones.

Why are they still alive? Yes this is WIFOM, but think about it: If Jones is legitimately town, why didn't he get shot yesterday,
considering how hard he was pushing Yanni? My thought process (assuming I die) is that one of the remaining scum players is a veteran, and obviously, Jones over Manders.

With that said, I am The Morrow, town vanilla.

I watch AT, and I had no idea that was the name of Bubblegum's Falcon. If I really had to, I could find a picture, but I am tired for now.

@Jones: Alright you cocky bastard. If your that sure I am scum, put your life where your mouth is: If I flip anything other than mafia, you die tomorrow. Oh, and unvote and hammer this if you don't mind.

As for the second mafia: I am in between imopen and GR. The former because he really has done very little for himself, barely reading, and not a single original thought, aside from barning the hot wagons at the time. GR on the other hand has done very little work on his own, and his posts read more like a commentator than an actual player. I wouldn't put it pass Ximbad to be scum, but those two are my top picks.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:39 pm

Two things:

Jokes can be a scum tell.

How do you plan to kill me tomorrow if you're dead?

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:56 pm

I'll unvote for the time being to keep the guardian out of easy hammer range

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:12 pm

@The Guardian: So you're basically saying that everyone who is not you or PhantomS and is alive now could be scum? :V

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:40 pm

@The Guardian: So you're basically saying that everyone who is not you or PhantomS and is alive now could be scum? :V
Jones, you, and maybe imopen is everyone? :confused: Ximbad was more of an afterthought, since I can't see Manders or PS being scum.

imopen@: Are you even reading this thread? I am back to L-2, after Ximbad unvoted. So now, only Ps and Jones are on me.

@Jones: Unvote and prepare to hammer, and I will just have to trust my flipping town means the rest will listen to me. I have to know Manders might have something to say about this. Just like in
Family mafia, it feels like once I am confirmed town, my logic makes sense.

But humor me: If I flip town, who are the remaining two scum?

Return to “Completed Games”