[Fedoras of Salvation] - White Knights ITT

Moderator: redthirst

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:26 pm

it's got a nice big breasted naked anime girl on it giving a peace sign
I get up every Friday an hour before FNM starts, because I don't have a job, and I deliberately not shower so that my long, black hair is extrmely greasy and my body odor is exceptionally potent. I get all gussied up in a pair of stretched out sweat pants and a t-shirt with sweat (among other) stains on it. I am always sat next to you, obviously, bit there's always a little kid at the table, too. I bring out my inappropriate playmate anyway. No one likes me, but I have my anime girls to keep me company, so I don't care.[/quote:
2qh6szvx]

you sit down across from the only female in the room, she is a semi attractive girl. she can smell you. she is learning to play mtg for her boyfriend who sits nearby. while you and and the little kid stare at the anime boobs, you start asking the girl what she does for a living and trying your best to beat her patronizingly in the off chance it gets you a phone number, because you thinks it works like this.
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:30 pm

We should trade fan fic some time.
I've got some Slash/Slash slash fiction (one Slash is from an alternate timeline, it's explained in the story) that will blow your mind. It's called Two Guys, One Top Hat.
I write harem stuff, but with the twist that it's one girl in a house with a lot of dudes and the ending will blow your mind!

Spoilers:

they run train on her.
Originally posted by Dechs Kaison on MTGS
redthirst is redthirst, fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was the leader of the Fires of Salvation, the only clan I'm aware of to get modded off the forums so hard they made their own forums.

Degenerate? Sure. Loudmouth? You bet. Law abiding? No ****ing way.

Great guy to have around? Hell yes.
I love the D...

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:34 pm

I've also got one that's similar to those based on How to Train your Dragon called How to Train that one girl from How to Train your Dragon.
redthirst is redthirst, fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was the leader of the Fires of Salvation, the only clan I'm aware of to get modded off the forums so hard they made their own forums.

I love the D...

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:35 pm

like a human sex centipede

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:37 pm

I don't mess with perfection - Human Centipede was already about as erotic as it gets.

I love the D...

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:39 pm

I've also got one that's similar to those based on How to Train your Dragon called How to Train that one girl from How to Train your Dragon.
I have written an Emilia Clarke fanfic called How to Train the Girl who plays the Girl who Can't Train Those Dragons

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:41 pm

it's pretty much me with Emilia Clarke but Stannis is there in character for some reason

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:41 pm

it's pretty graphic

DarthStabber
Tire Aficionado

Postby DarthStabber » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:42 pm

I write harem stuff, but with the twist that it's one girl in a house with a lot of dudes and the ending will blow your mind!

Spoilers:

they run train on her.
I wrote a similar one, only the girl is never in any of the many sex scenes, or even in the story.
thanks to nbw for the sig.
You do need to try to gay it up a little more.

You're like the least gay member of this clan.

And that's counting the fact that you voluntarily have sex with men.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:43 pm

You should consider putting Daenerys in there. You know, get next level with that dragon shit.

I love the D...

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:46 pm

well i am wearing the silver wig in the story

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:58 pm

I just realized this today: If you post an opinion to a public forum such as Facebook, your opinion is open to be debated.

Now, this is only my opinion, but strangely, it's not debatable. That is because if you think I'm wrong, then by your own standards, you're not allowed to say anything about it.
But I can debate you on the definition of what you're saying. What you said was an observation, not an opinion, so it doesn't count.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:04 pm

Hypermats. Best sleeves on the market, two new colours in April!
I'll just put my trust in you, you've played a lot of live magic. Knowing my luck i'll order card sleeves online and there will be some other issue than only becomes apparent in my next feature match ;)
I'm reading like a page behind, but if it hasn't been said yet:

Make sure that if you buy a new pack of sleeves you shuffle the sleeves before there's anything in them. You may know this already, but you're more a
MODO guy so unsure.

Also make sure your deck is sufficiently randomized before sleeving.

Doing both helps limit "marked cards." Some sleeves come right out of the packaging with 2 or 3 in a row having little marks on them. If your deck is all in order and you don't shuffle the sleeves first, then your playset of Phoenix, for instance, may all get those marks while everything else is sitting pretty. And then you'll have marked cards. But by randomizing both your deck and sleeves you minimize the chance that the same cards get sleeves with imperfections.
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:06 pm

So remember that movie Arachnophobia, and that scene where the spider was crawling up Jeff Daniels and the end of the movie? I now know the horror of how that feels.

I was lying down on the couch watching Netflix drifting in and out of sleep, when I wake up and look down, only to see A MOTHER FUCKING BLACK WIDOW ON TOP OF MY HEART. Too scared to ask for help and too far to grab anything to maybe swipe it, I had the most horrifying ten minutes of my life keeping still. It finally moves off of me when I set the world record of a couch high jump and dashed to grab a jar. A few minutes later, I flushed that fucker down the toilet wearing oven mitts.

Thank Purphoros it was crawling across my chest and not towards my face. I honestly can't imagine how I would have
reacted other than sheer and utter terror.
Jesus man, near death experience. Glad you're ok.

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:10 pm

+1 Dechs's comment...http://www.inkedplaymats.com charges $25 for custom-printed mats.
Clan / website Playmats?

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:12 pm

Also, I hate to say it, but with our anniversary approaching, should we consider changing the clan name? It sounds like a religious cult and is a nod to a web site we hate... Fires of DTR is awkward, so we'd need something better.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:14 pm

1. Work for a year to get the Clan's name out there.
2. Change the name of the Clan.
3. ???
4. Profit.

I love the D...

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:15 pm

[quote="[url=viewtopic.php?p=198151#p198151:fs4ye28y]Kaitscralt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:09 am[/url:fs4ye28y]":fs4ye28y]since i know FoS has some of the most gullible people in the world I will take a moment to clarify that Maverick's custom playmat does not have an anime girl on it

yes those playmats bother me enough to have to dispel my own joke[/quote:fs4ye28y]
I spiked a GPT a little while ago and part of the prize was a GP DC playmat - the one with the judge gift promo Exalted Angel art. I know it's a magic card and she's not even over the top, but I gave the playmat away to a friend who didn't have one yet because I don't like having sleeves or playmats with sexualized art on them.

Of course, my wife may not have liked it either. For instance, she's not a fan of [c:fs4ye28y]Liliana of the Veil[/c:fs4ye28y].

windstrider
Knight in Sour Armor

Postby windstrider » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:16 pm

Nope. Tradition must be upheld.
Searing Seneschal of Salvation

Cogito, ergo incendo.

sig by NBW

Khaospawn
Khaospawn's beautiful and unique title

Postby Khaospawn » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:17 pm

Why 'fix' what isn't broken, L_D?
In a pinch, Khaos' beard can help turn this around.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:17 pm

absurdly sexualized sleeves and playmats bother me a bit, not magic art, certainly not lilly of the villy, your wife needs to lighten up

shall i refer her to my other avatar

Khaospawn
Khaospawn's beautiful and unique title

Postby Khaospawn » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:17 pm

We are a religious cult, aren't we?
In a pinch, Khaos' beard can help turn this around.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Whenever I play REL I use the dragon shields just because nobody whines about them and they will stand up to the feverish shuffling my opponents subject my cards to hoping that it will affect my draws if they shuffle my deck 400 times. Me? I just tap their deck and you're good. I've had people call a judge on me because I didn't shuffle their deck -- the judge comes over, asks if i saw them shuffle, I say yes, and they say alright. We're done here. Who knew that trusting fellow magic players can put them on tilt before we start, LOL.
I'm not going to take the time to find it right now but there's a very old article by Mike Flores about why it's important to always shuffle your opponent's deck. Pile shuffling isn't random and if they pick
up those piles and then mash them just a few times, they can still know what to expect from where you cut. But if you mash shuffle about 7 times, taking the cut at slightly different places each time, you know for a fact their deck is sufficiently randomized.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:20 pm

1. Work for a year to get the Clan's name out there.
2. Change the name of the Clan.
3. ???
4. Profit.
is the clan name really out there at all? what is the clan? the bottom sub-forum of a forum that lets anyone post in its clan thread and let's anyone join without any pre-requisites? the name does suck, but it doesn't matter because forum clans are nothing. if you were an mtg team I would suggest changing the name.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:24 pm

I'm only okay with overly sexualized anime chicks on playmats and such if the drawing clearly represents a 12-13 year old minor. I mean, we play a kid's game so putting drawings of adult women on gear is perverse.

I think the Clan's name is probably about as out there as DtR's is.

I love the D...

Jonnymagic

Postby Jonnymagic » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:26 pm

I'm not going to take the time to find it right now but there's a very old article by Mike Flores about why it's important to always shuffle your opponent's deck. Pile shuffling isn't random and if they pick up those piles and then mash them just a few times, they can still know what to expect from where you cut. But if you mash shuffle about 7 times, taking the cut at slightly different places each time, you know for a fact their deck is sufficiently randomized.[/quote]

Oh I know there's a chance they could be that kind of player -- I'm simply going to let them be that kind of player and let their karma beat them if that's how they want to be. I've played magic for about 5 or so years (with a break in the middle when I sold all my cards to pay for my baby's furniture before she was born), and have never cut an opponents deck. I don't like people messing up my cards (which they will sometimes do with their
janky shuffling), so I extend the same courtesy I'd like to be given.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:27 pm

I'm only okay with overly sexualized anime chicks on playmats and such if the drawing clearly represents a 12-13 year old minor. I mean, we play a kid's game so putting drawings of adult women on gear is perverse.

I think the Clan's name is probably about as out there as DtR's is.
um. okay.

AD HOMINEM!

DocLawless
Tire Aficionado

Postby DocLawless » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:27 pm

+1 Dechs's comment...http://www.inkedplaymats.com charges $25 for custom-printed mats.
Clan / website Playmats?
So I discovered that I can kinda do custom playmats. The printing process is not the same as other places would make them. I use a thin, clear, digitally printable vinyl that I then heat apply to a blank playmat. Other places use a process called dye sublimation, which is similar, but the process
uses heat to directly dye the fabric of the playmat rather than apply a decal. The difference is the mats I can make are tackier, which makes it next to impossible to use unsleeved cards on them, and the vinyl decal will cause the mat to curl at the edges after being stored (especially in a cold place) more than a regular one will. My colors also aren't as bright as a dye-sub print. And as it turns out, my cost to do them is comparable to that $25 price from Inked Playmats, which was the price I was trying to beat (I think I found that I could do them for $20 and break even).

So that's the status of that project. Turns out I can do them, but for what I can do them for you may as well get a real one.

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Postby Valdarith » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Zem did get his picture taken wearing the clan name on his shirt after all.
Check out my stream! http://www.twitch.tv/valdarith

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:32 pm

Just thinking out loud.

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:32 pm

You guys are a religious cult. You flock to the teachings of a man-who-would-be-king (Zem), hoping to find guidance and knowledge. You have secret deliberations in your private thread and are governed by an ominously-titled "inner council."

Next thing you know, you're planning a "clan get-together" masquerading a mass suicide.
Mass suicide comes after Force of Will reprint.

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:33 pm

Next thing you know, you're planning a "clan get-together" masquerading a mass suicide.
Whoa now... no one kills themselves at our get-togethers.
:toot:

I love the D...

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:33 pm

Zem did get his picture taken wearing the clan name on his shirt after all.
and the site link was right beneath it. thing is, the link stands out as a thing people would investigate, the clan name just looks like some random nerd phrase someone wanted as a t shirt. it sounds like nothing. at most it reminds people of mtgsalvation. you've been a great help.

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:35 pm

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:40 pm

Don't fuck with the Hero of Time.

I love the D...

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:46 pm

on that note, we now have :1rupee: :5rupee: :20rupee: :50rupee: icons

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:48 pm

Btw I am aware the DTR link couldn't have been on a shirt if not for FoS, it was a great moment for all, endless peace and mass diplomacy, god is dead, etc

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:50 pm

I love the D...

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:00 pm

wording in the last square is kinda off

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:10 pm

Return to “Fires of Salvation”