Kaze's Newbie Mafia (Mafia Win)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Ok, let's just suppose I trust you and delay Iso's explanations for later - I guess that I can't speak about what strikes me about that post either, then.
Just say you think it's fishing and leave it at that.
There other two question that I can't get a grasp on, though:
- I clearly remember someone saying something like "I won't be nightkilled because this is a n00b game and I'm one of the tutors, so that would be very unfair" and I'd love to re-read that post but I just cannot find it (I basically had no non-working computer time last days);
That was Iso. Here.
- before being hanged, Suga said something on wanting Iso and Checkbox being investigated, and that he could see one of them being scum along a newbye (he mentioned me and Tube as the potential scum, if I remember correctly); at that time I read all those posts as ways to just divert attention from himself, but with him turning townie I'd like to understand if he actually had understood something or if it was just crazy randomness from somebody that was just going to be lynched anyway.
Yeah, by all means look! Build a case and quiz Iso all you want - just don't expect to get him lynched and don't expect him to answer all of your questions at this point. Iso and I know something that most of you don't, and I think we should keep it that way for now.
Thanks for the link, I just couldn't find that post (I didn't remember that was from Iso, though).

And no, I'm not going to
question Iso any further - I actually have a theory on him, but I'm keeping it for me at this point.
If I'm right it's better to leave him alone anyway, so I'd rather check TubeHunter's old posts.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:36 pm

The hell are you getting at stardust?

I'm so confused right now.....

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:41 pm

So that's it, Red? Those were the few things that bother you? Feels like your other post was pretty misleading if that's all you've got...

Well there's a scum. ;-)
҉

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:44 pm

What about that is scum revealing?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Mmmm... let's throw this out out for the group, shall we? Without speculating too much on what Iso and I might know, why is TubeHunter's reaction scummy?
҉

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Let me take A crack at it. By you saying that you have information, anyone who responds in a negative manner in basically giving themselves up to A gambit. What I was saying was if you have information only with ISP, then that only points to you both being scum. Though I don't suppose it matters now, I think I just hung myself

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:05 pm

So that's it, Red? Those were the few things that bother you? Feels like your other post was pretty misleading if that's all you've got...
Sorry, I didn't want to hurt your feelings like that.
To be honest, I tried to ask something and you've told me to STFU, so I guess you're a bit unfair if you expecting me to dwell upon that any more :D
Mmmm... let's throw this out out for the group, shall we? Without speculating too much on what Iso and I might know, why is TubeHunter's
reaction scummy?
I guess that the fact that he comes out of nowhere and asks for free informations can be quite suspect.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Sorry, I didn't want to hurt your feelings like that.
To be honest, I tried to ask something and you've told me to STFU, so I guess you're a bit unfair if you expecting me to dwell upon that any more :D
:|

You said a few things bothered you. I see... one thing. The other two you brought up later weren't even things. Just random musing with no thoughts or conclusions. If they bothered you, you need to take the next step and say why they bothered you.

I'm not trying to get you to STFU. On the contrary, I'm trying to encourage you to talk more. There is one thing that I don't
want you to talk about. Everything else is fair game. So... I welcome your contributions with open arms!
Let me take A crack at it. By you saying that you have information, anyone who responds in a negative manner in basically giving themselves up to A gambit. What I was saying was if you have information only with ISP, then that only points to you both being scum. Though I don't suppose it matters now, I think I just hung myself
What I said earlier (what you responded to) was not a gambit. Iso and I know something based on what's been written in this thread. I wasn't trying to make you think we were scum buddies just to get a reaction. In fact, I never meant what I said to get a reaction at all.
I guess that the fact that he comes out of nowhere and asks for free informations can
be quite suspect.
This is close. There's more to it though. Remember that mafia is not about what someone does, it's about why they're doing it.
҉

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:26 pm

If Kaze's last votecount post is still accurate (I looked and I think it is), there are 2 votes on TubeHunter right now. This is enough for me to put TubeHunter at L-2.

VOTE: TubeHunter

I'll still post my case on Iso later today, but TubeHunter should be the day 2 lynch.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:28 pm

If you're going to be using that post to cast the third vote here, you'd damn well better explain why that's scummy.
҉

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:35 pm

If you're going to be using that post to cast the third vote here, you'd damn well better explain why that's scummy.
Of course. It's pure deflection. "Wait wait, people are looking at me, but LOOK! Here's this OTHER THING YOU SHOULD LOOK AT!! LET'S ALL DIVE IN!"

Also, ScumTubeHunter would very likely be absorbed in his own wagon and how to get out of it. His post shows that he hasn't been thinking about scumhunting others, just how to wiggle out of his own wagon.
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:39 pm

You think TubeHunter is deflecting onto me there? Do you think what I said about Iso is scummy?
҉

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:50 pm

You think TubeHunter is deflecting onto me there? Do you think what I said about Iso is scummy?
I think TubeHunter is deflecting onto anything he can right now, which is the primary reason I found his reaction so scummy. (I also listed a secondary reason.)

No, I don't think your post about Iso is scummy. I'll quote you then paraphrase what you said.
Actually, I'm preparing a case on Iso.
Cool. All the power to ya. Casing Iso is always a good idea, just don't expect to get him lynched today.

[
quote="RedNihilist"]Ok, let's just suppose I trust you and delay Iso's explanations for later - I guess that I can't speak about what strikes me about that post either, then.
Just say you think it's fishing and leave it at that.
There other two question that I can't get a grasp on, though:
- I clearly remember someone saying something like "I won't be nightkilled because this is a n00b game and I'm one of the tutors, so that would be very unfair" and I'd love to re-read that post but I just cannot find it (I basically had no non-working computer time last days);
That was Iso. Here.
- before being hanged, Suga said something on wanting Iso and Checkbox being investigated, and that he could see one of them being scum along a newbye (he
mentioned me and Tube as the potential scum, if I remember correctly); at that time I read all those posts as ways to just divert attention from himself, but with him turning townie I'd like to understand if he actually had understood something or if it was just crazy randomness from somebody that was just going to be lynched anyway.
Yeah, by all means look! Build a case and quiz Iso all you want - just don't expect to get him lynched and don't expect him to answer all of your questions at this point. Iso and I know something that most of you don't, and I think we should keep it that way for now.[/quote]

This is basically saying:
1. Iso isn't likely going to be lynched today
2. Iso and Stardust, being experienced players, have picked up on some things others haven't.
3. Now isn't the time to reveal those things
4. But still, look into Iso anyway (said to both me and Red)

I don't read that as scummy, I just read it as being deliberate.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:52 pm

Of course. It's pure deflection. "Wait wait, people are looking at me, but LOOK! Here's this OTHER THING YOU SHOULD LOOK AT!! LET'S ALL DIVE IN!"

Also, ScumTubeHunter would very likely be absorbed in his own wagon and how to get out of it. His post shows that he hasn't been thinking about scumhunting others, just how to wiggle out of his own wagon.
Why are the two mutally exclusive? Besides, why would I want to delfect onto
stardust, a person that I have repetedly said to be town to me. What would I gain by throwing things onto him. I've stated repetedly that the scumteam is Checkbox/Red, so I don't know what i would gain from throwing crap on stardust.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Also, ScumTubeHunter would very likely be absorbed in his own wagon and how to get out of it. His post shows that he hasn't been thinking about
scumhunting others, just how to wiggle out of his own wagon.
Why are the two mutally exclusive? Besides, why would I want to delfect onto stardust, a person that I have repetedly said to be town to me. What would I gain by throwing things onto him. I've stated repetedly that the scumteam is Checkbox/Red, so I don't know what i would gain from throwing crap on stardust.
I didn't say you're throwing crap, and I didn't say Stardust was the object of your deflection.

Stardust's mention of things that he and Iso know about is the object of your deflection, not Stardust himself.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:05 pm

I just don't like the way stardust goes "Yeah don't worry about this information we know, but just to let you guys know, we totally have it"

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:37 pm

A second ago you "knew" I was town. Now you don't trust me?

I've also already said that the information is right here in this thread, the details of which I will reveal in time. If you can't see it, it's not my fault, and is in fact the whole reason why I'm keeping it secret - I don't want you to know.

I'll leave the quiz running for a while before I describe why what TubeHunter's doing right now is actually a really solid scum tell.
҉

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:51 pm

I just don't like the way stardust goes "Yeah don't worry about this information we know, but just to let you guys know, we totally have it"
Well, I shouldn't be explaining you this, but you can actually guess what they're doing by just reading this thread.
Now, there's a remote chance that they're both scum and that they're pulling off a big bluff, but if you really think that the scumteam consists in me and checkbox, why don't you just go with the flow?

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Vote Count 2.02

TubeHunter: Checkbox, imopen2, rcwraspy (L-2)
RedNihilist: TubeHunter

Not voting: Iso, Stardust, Clownfish, RedNihilist

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline is October 18, 2013 12:00A.M. PST

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:02 pm

When did I say I didn't trust you? I have a theory, but it really doesn't matter. I'm tired of defending myself from a lynch that is coming no matter what. So just say why I'm scum and move on. Then when I flip town, you can actually win using your knowledge,

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:32 pm

When did I say I didn't trust you? I have a theory, but it really doesn't matter. I'm tired of defending myself from a lynch that is coming no matter what. So just say why I'm scum and move on. Then when I flip town, you can actually win using your knowledge,
Don't be so dramatic and don't pull a Suga and give up. You aren't lynched yet and you need to take advantage of that fact. I've seen multiple people (in just a few games) who were L-1 escape lynch because pressure usually brings the townie out of them.
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:34 pm

Where the hell is Checkbox?
҉

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:37 pm

I'm around, keeping up with things here on a surface level. I haven't forgotten about your to-do list, but I have a midterm tomorrow I'm trying to study for. I'll be making a mega-post tomorrow afternoon EST. I'll do a full re-read of Day 2 with a mega post.

In the meantime, TubeHunter is at L-2. Please claim.
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Vanilla town....

Whatatwist.jpeg

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:28 pm

Ok folks. Here’s my case on Iso. After going through everything and creating this, I think it’s strong and I now think Iso is scum. I’m posting this because I promised I would and because it helps to have all possible information, but we have a good case on TubeHunter already so let’s keep our eye on the ball and this can help in Day 3 or later.

First, his first post gambit. Here it is:
Vote Kaze for giving me red in my role PM but not sending me a link to the scumchat. :(
Just kidding. Everyone knows townies are blue.
Right? :uhh:
This gambit put him in no
real danger whatsoever. He stated that townies are blue in their role PM, and followed it up with a question and an insecure smilie. He was simply fishing. He didn't care at that point whether blue was right, and scum wouldn't know. If someone chimes in and says "yes, they're blue" then scumIso is fine and can proclaim that person town or scum or say nothing at all and let the chips fall. If someone vehemently objects, as imopen did, he can do likewise. The gambit basically lets him sit back, watch people's reactions, and decide whether or not he wants to act after getting information.

Moving on from the first post gambit, Iso’s posts were a large part of why we lynched Suga. Here’s where it really gets going:
Clownfish, the way Mafia is played here, you always want a day lynch. There's pretty much no info given out at night other than anything a PR may give. At other sites I've played, there's detailed night write ups and at those sites, a day lynch is not always useful.
Firstly, this post. Suga hasn't commented on the events transpiring up to this point - most specifically, the Checkbox wagon. This is Suga playing the "I'm an Experienced player helping the other players" card, which is fine on its own, but the lack of content here is distressing, given that Suga knows full well how to play Mafia. :p We're the Experienced players, we're supposed to be taking the reins.
Power Role. Meaning a role that
has an ability, whether it be vigilante, cop, census taker, etc.
Another post answering a question about the game.
That's what we're here for.
*Broken record a la Iso*
vote: Checkbox
Let's see what Mr. Hairbrush has to say for himself.
Here's where my REAL problem with Suga developed. Suga, having provided absolutely no original content so far in the game, pushed Checkbox past L-2 (which is widely regarded as claim range on MTGS and so far on DTR). Why is this an issue? Well, there are a few things wrong with this. Firstly, putting a player at L-1 leaves room for somebody to "accidentally"
hammer them. The "accidentally" is in quotes, because one of three things can happen here - either a scum player can pretend to accidentally hammer, a townie can legitimately accidentally hammer, or Checkbox can self-hammer. The issue with this is that it deprives us of valuable wagon information, (especially if Checkbox self-hammers) which is not something we want. Additionally, the other issue with this vote is that up to this point, Suga expressed absolutely no suspicion of Checkbox. It's like he's voting on a wagon for the sake of jumping on a wagon. It's too early to determine whether or not this means Suga is busing Checkbox (busing means one scum throwing another "under the bus", so to speak) or trying to get a townie quicklynched. Regardless of the outcome, neither looks good for Suga.
Random votes are usually
frowned upon and are seen as more of a scummy thing to do. I know Mr. Box's vote wasn't random, per se, but to me, it's a scummy thing to do and shouldn't be done by new or old players.
This is a really weak reason to vote for somebody, considering the game starts off with RVS. Additionally, why (to the newer players) would Suga not have voted Checkbox sooner if he legitimately believed his own explanation?
I would still vote for him regardless. I don't like a random first vote and I don't like a random first vote with a stupid reason even more.
Then why didn't you say that sooner, and how do you expect the game to take off otherwise?
I don'
t even want a full claim from Boxxy in case he's a PR, I just want some confirmation that he's town.
Already asked, but how do you expect confirmation that he's town if not with a claim? What could he reasonably say at this point to make you believe he's town?
In this game, claiming is pointless since there's no characters to use as possible reference, but I'm Vanilla Town.
Why is claiming pointless? We have power roles.
-
I am ready to lynch DroppinSuga. When discussion has reached a close for the Day, I will happily hammer him. This is the best wagon we have; I do not want to see it debunked. :armscross:
In this quote he states that pushing Checkbox to L-2 was bad. Why? Townies voting for scum, especially when others see it too, should be a good thing. He then proceeds to call
Suga's reasons for voting weak, and decides to base his actions on that. Then, his most powerful statement of the post, is that Suga is the "best wagon we have" even though there were 2 people at L-2 at that point. He then proceeds to say he's ready to end the day multiple times. On top of all this, he tried to set himself up as an experienced player imparting his knowledge to the newbies. Him taking advantage of that relationship means he sheeped us (or we sheeped him?). He finishes by writing off his initial scum read on Checkbox as Checkbox being Suga's scum buddy. How convenient.

Here's another point:
For the record, I don't actually expect Suga to do this, but I'm making a point to point this out to the newer players. Suga has completely withdrawn and is continuing to contribute absolutely nothing to the game. His reads are self-
contradictory, and he's not helping us find the scum that may or may not be responsible for his push. My theory is that he doesn't want to incriminate his scumbuddy, and as such, is not willing to give us any content to analyze upon his death. :teach:
This sounds entirely too manipulative. I can't speak for the other newbies, but everything Iso says here is simply common sense and doesn't take much work to realize. But coming out and saying it's for the new players' benefit is an attempt to establish trust, and continue the sheeping on his wagon of Suga.

Some additional Iso quotes:
If you legitimately expect to get scum lynched, you certainly have to share your reasoning or no one's going to wagon with you for the hell of it (unless
you have a cult of personality like I do in some games). You can let a few drips out of the faucet if you're worried about overextending yourself (play a few cards close to your chest), but you can't expect to convince anyone unless you explain your reads. If you're actually town (though there's pretty much no way in hell you can be at this point), take heed of this advice. I use my gut all the time, too - but I do my best to expound on it when I can.
A cult of personality, huh? How do you think sheeping happens? Case in point.
If you flip town, don't you think that would put a dent in my credibility? :suckup:
Yes. A very big one.

This one's very telling:
Also, Checkbox is town.
Oh? Checkbox is town? Realize that this is said after Iso: 1. initially voted Checkbox and 2. Accused Checkbox of being Suga's scumbuddy and 3. accuses Suga of not providing content because of not wanting to incriminate Checkbox

And finally, I have a very big question for Iso. Iso, in addition to responding to the above, why did you keep asking for Checkbox's claim despite locking in Suga's lynch? What possible town motivation would you have for that?

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:32 pm

Now, I'm not going to blame anyone voting me because I feel like I'm not playing well.
Also, Stardust's case on me is actually really good and I understand his points - I know he's wrong because I'm not mafia, yet I don't feel any bad vibe from him.
I think he's townie.

After making that clear (well, I hope so...), there are a few things that bother me, I'd like to hear a few opinions on them.
In particular, I'd like to start asking Iso abount this post of his:
Well I just got a PM back from Kaze that disappointed me, so we might not have a Jailer after all.
Is that supposed to be some kind of bait?
This is fishing and I will not answer your question.
Also, Iso is town. Just trust me for now and don't ask him about stuff like that. There are certain conditions under which Iso would be scum, but we haven't hit those yet. I'll explain later. Or, more likely, ask Iso to explain later.
Actually, I'm preparing a case on Iso.

Yesterday I said I'd look into both Iso and Checkbox since that was Suga's dying wish, and that I'd post results. I don't have it written up quite yet, and still plan to post it by end of day today (Tuesday).
A good write-up on Checkbox has already been posted, so I've decided to stick to Iso for now so we can work with as much information as possible.

Again, I will post it later today.
I am excited to see what you might dredge up.
That was me, and I basically said, "Hey scum, don't kill the experienced players because that's kind of a dick move."

[quote="Stardust » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:15 am":
8nchk2yu]Yeah, by all means look! Build a case and quiz Iso all you want - just don't expect to get him lynched and don't expect him to answer all of your questions at this point. Iso and I know something that most of you don't, and I think we should keep it that way for now.[/quote]

That's fine.

-

@rcw: Do you agree with the idea of bandwagoning for the sake of getting someone to claim/lynch range? If so, why?

-
Why?

-

Tube, share your theory. If you're town and about to be lynched, withholding information from the town is not going to help you win.

I'll respond to rcw's case in a separate post.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:36 pm

That's not much of a case. Pushing me to L-1 at that point was a very bad idea (Yes, it was L-1) because I had one non-RVS post in the game and hadn't even been given a chance to defend myself. I could've easily been hammered without trial if Stardust hadn't stepped in and unvoted when he did.

And yes, Iso (correctly) identified me as town after I asked him the exact question you just asked him. He figured out my thought process behind asking the question, and came to the conclusion that it was a townie train of thought.

Granted, I'd still like to hear him answer the question as I don't remember a concrete answer being given.
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:38 pm

@rcw: Do you agree with the idea of bandwagoning for the sake of getting someone to claim/lynch range? If so, why?
Are you implying that I voted TubeHunter simply because 2 others had? If so, you should read back through some of my other posts in Day2. You'll see I've been talking quite a bit about TubeHunter. His reaction to Stardust put me over the edge on him - I've already explained why.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:49 pm

"This gambit put him in no real danger whatsoever. He stated that townies are blue in their role PM, and followed it up with a question and an insecure smilie. He was simply fishing. He didn't care at that point whether blue was right, and scum wouldn't know. If someone chimes in and says "yes, they're blue" then scumIso is fine and can proclaim that person town or scum or say nothing at all and let the chips fall. If someone vehemently objects, as imopen did, he can do likewise. The gambit basically lets him sit back, watch people's reactions, and decide whether or not he wants to act after getting information."

I disagree. I made an opening gambit post in an attempt to either clear a townie or catch a scummy. As it was, there was no way for me to discern whether or not imopen was being serious or not in his countervote to me. I explained my rationale thoroughly in my next posts to discount the
possibility of someone using this as a point against me, which you have conveniently ignored. The emote at the end of my first post should have been a clear indicator that I knew town role PMs weren't blue.

"In this quote he states that pushing Checkbox to L-2 was bad. Why? Townies voting for scum, especially when others see it too, should be a good thing. He then proceeds to call Suga's reasons for voting weak, and decides to base his actions on that. Then, his most powerful statement of the post, is that Suga is the "best wagon we have" even though there were 2 people at L-2 at that point. He then proceeds to say he's ready to end the day multiple times. On top of all this, he tried to set himself up as an experienced player imparting his knowledge to the newbies. Him taking advantage of that relationship means he sheeped us (or we sheeped him?). He finishes by writing off his initial scum read on Checkbox as Checkbox being Suga's scum buddy. How convenient."

No, he pushed
Checkbox to L-1. I stated that was bad. It's bad because it artificially inflates the speed of the wagon, making it harder to get a read off of the scum votes on the wagon, it puts him within hammer range (which could lead to a scum self-hammer, depriving us of information, an accidental townie hammer, which would make the townie in question look bad and possibly get mislynched, or an opportunistic scum hammer who could claim that he wasn't aware of Checkbox being at L-1), and we hadn't even heard his claim at that point. Also, did you just confirm that you know Checkbox is scum? :? Your specific phrasing: "Townies voting for scum...should be a good thing." So unless I knew Checkbox was scum, how is that a valid point against me? Additionally, if I knew Checkbox was scum, I would have to be scum, too - meaning I was attempting to force him to claim on a Day we lynched a townie - and that Checkbox came out of the gate
with poor pressure on his theoretical scumbuddy. After reading this, you're going to have to parse these contradictions for me or nobody is going to take your case seriously. Also, did I not state at the end of Day 1 that I thought Checkbox was town?

"This sounds entirely too manipulative. I can't speak for the other newbies, but everything Iso says here is simply common sense and doesn't take much work to realize. But coming out and saying it's for the new players' benefit is an attempt to establish trust, and continue the sheeping on his wagon of Suga."

Um...or I'm stating exactly why I'm doing what I'm doing for the benefit of the newer players. :shrug: Which, y'know, was the point of me joining this game to begin with.

"A cult of personality, huh? How do you think sheeping happens? Case in point."

I never said I didn't get sheeped on Suga. But what does this have to do
with the fact that I was very clearly pushing Suga to give us some reads that didn't suck to see if there was any reason to keep him alive?

"Yes. A very big one."

:unibrow:

"Oh? Checkbox is town? Realize that this is said after Iso: 1. initially voted Checkbox and 2. Accused Checkbox of being Suga's scumbuddy and 3. accuses Suga of not providing content because of not wanting to incriminate Checkbox"

Oh no, how dare my reads evolve through the course of the game! As a townie, I must always stick to my guns and never change my mind on anything when new facts come to light! :crazy: Do you seriously think me changing my view on Checkbox as a result of my interpretation of his mindset that I explained near the end of Day 1 is indicative of me being scum? Additionally, please find the quote
where I specifically state that Suga is not providing content so as to not incriminate CHECKBOX (as opposed to "Suga's buddies").

"And finally, I have a very big question for Iso. Iso, in addition to responding to the above, why did you keep asking for Checkbox's claim despite locking in Suga's lynch? What possible town motivation would you have for that?"

I believe you will find the answer to this question in Day 1, where I answered Checkbox asking the exact same question.

-

Your case is weak and has many gaping holes in the logic. You also misrepresented a lot of facts in said case.

Put yourself in my shoes. If you're town getting cased and somebody presents something so flawed that it's obvious that the case is not sincere and that they chose to twist facts and quotes out of context, how would you react?

Additionally: Why did you include none of my Day 2 posts in your case?

-

@Checkbox: Please don't answer questions for other players.

-

@rcw: You'
ll find that didn't answer my question. Please answer my question.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:51 pm

Basically, the biggest flaw in rcw's case against me is that he states that Checkbox and I are scumbuddies, but that it was bad for me to try to get him to claim [which shouldn't actually be bad if Checkbox is scum].

rcw, what is the motive for pushing my scumbuddy to claim after a perfectly viable wagon on Suga pops up?
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:08 pm

@Iso: the information I provided is readily available in the thread. :shrug:
whisper words of wisdom

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:15 pm

Here are my responses to Iso's response to my case on him:
The emote at the end of my first post should have been a clear indicator that I knew town role PMs weren't blue.
It's not. It COULD be. But it doesn't HAVE to be. It could also be you putting that in there to hedge on it in case you had no idea whether they're blue or green.
Your specific phrasing: "Townies voting for scum...should be a good thing." So unless I knew Checkbox was scum, how is that a valid point against me? Additionally, if I knew Checkbox was scum, I would have to be scum, too - meaning I was attempting
to force him to claim on a Day we lynched a townie - and that Checkbox came out of the gate with poor pressure on his theoretical scumbuddy. After reading this, you're going to have to parse these contradictions for me or nobody is going to take your case seriously. Also, did I not state at the end of Day 1 that I thought Checkbox was town?
You're misreading my statement, and twisting it around. At that point your vote was on Checkbox. Clearly YOU thought he was scum at that point. Therefore your statements were made from the mindset of Checkbox being scum. This isn't about my read on Checkbox (which is still unclear), this is about your actions while your vote was on checkbox. How in the world would any of that mean that you're both scum together? I'm sure you can vote for a townie if you're scum.
Um...or I'm stating
exactly why I'm doing what I'm doing for the benefit of the newer players. :shrug: Which, y'know, was the point of me joining this game to begin with.
How convenient that you keep reminding us.
Oh no, how dare my reads evolve through the course of the game! As a townie, I must always stick to my guns and never change my mind on anything when new facts come to light! :crazy: Do you seriously think me changing my view on Checkbox as a result of my interpretation of his mindset that I explained near the end of Day 1 is indicative of me being scum?
No. But you started down one path (Checkbox), hit a wall, went down another path (Suga),
pointed to your first path as evidence, and then contradicted your own evidence.
Additionally, please find the quote where I specifically state that Suga is not providing content so as to not incriminate CHECKBOX (as opposed to "Suga's buddies").
You don't. On Friday you tie them together by suggesting that Suga was busing Checkbox. On Sunday you talked about Suga not providing content as to not incriminate his scumbuddy. At that point, reading your posts, I can only assume you still thought Checkbox was the scumbuddy. It wasn't until the following Tuesday that you cleared Checkbox as town.
Additionally: Why did you include none of my Day 2 posts in your case?[/
quote]
Because prior to me posting my case on you, you've barely provided any Day2 content other than to say that you're going to hold back.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:17 pm

Basically, the biggest flaw in rcw's case against me is that he states that Checkbox and I are scumbuddies, but that it was bad for me to try to get him to claim [which shouldn't actually be bad if Checkbox is scum].

rcw, what is the motive for pushing my scumbuddy to claim after a perfectly viable wagon on Suga pops up?
Please quote where I say that you and Checkbox are scumbuddies.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:19 am

Iso, my theory was in accordince with your and Stardust's "hidden info" I think I got most of the gist of it. I don't want to say too much, because I don't want to alert the actual scum if it is what I think it is. But I will ask this, does it have anything to do with roles?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:17 pm

rcw, if not Checkbox, who do you think likely is Iso's scum buddy?
҉

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:44 pm

raspy, can I ask you why you preferred to come up with this case on Iso "today" rather than "tomorrow"?

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:10 pm

I'm assuming me, seeing as he umped on my wagon. Reading is tech

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:42 pm

I'm assuming me, seeing as he umped on my wagon. Reading is tech
Please don't answer questions directed at other people. I am aware, and there was a reason for the question. I guess your answer might tell me more than his anyway! ;-)
҉

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:54 pm

rcw, if not Checkbox, who do you think likely is Iso's scum buddy?
I was waiting for somebody to ask me that or for Iso to continue the line of thinking that Checkbox is my other scum read.

TubeHunter's right, although he shouldn't have answered before me. My scum reads are: Iso and TubeHunter. I've got my vote on TubeHunter.

If you read back, I've also specifically said that I don't have a current read on Checkbox - he's null to me right now.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:56 pm

raspy, can I ask you why you preferred to come up with this case on Iso "today" rather than "tomorrow"?
Honestly I would have rather done it "tomorrow," so as not to derail the case on TubeHunter, but I had already promised to post my case by a certain time. So I simply followed through with it.

Return to “Completed Games”